Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

In-Form Chevantón Not Carried Away

Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

In-Form Chevantón Not Carried Away Empty In-Form Chevantón Not Carried Away

Post by Pierre Littbarski Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:31 pm

Ernesto Javier Chevantón, one of Sevilla’s best players in the pre-season campaign so far, is not getting over-confident of his chances of becoming the team’s new first choice striker.

Sevilla have so far tallied 20 goals – and conceded none – in five pre-season games, although three of those were against regional sides. And the player who has been contributing the most strikes is Javier Chevantón, with seven goals to his name thus far.

While the team’s two main strikers over the last two terms, Freddy Kanouté and Luis Fabiano are not showing the same scoring form as the Uruguayan, the 27 year old admitted that they are still regarded as the first choice.

“I do not expect to just burst into the first team this season. What counts the most is the team and I want to bring my own contribution to the squad,” he told the club’s official website.

“I am conscious of the fact that Luis Fabiano and Kanouté are the lead strikers, then there’s Koné and myself. But it’s up to the coach to decide.

“Personally, scoring goals is important but what is more crucial is the work that I put in during the week to impress the coach so that he will select me to play,” he elaborated.

“I am calm. I always work hard with a lot of motivation, even during the difficult moments. Now, the result of my efforts is showing, although that’s not a guarantee that I will play more games.”

Chevantón concluded by outlining the team’s goals for the upcoming campaign: “We will try to fight for the league but without forgetting about the other competitions. If we can challenge for all three, then we will do it.”

The Blanquirrojo’s next immediate challenge will be Jose Mourinho’s Inter Milan this Friday in the Amsterdam Tournament.

KS Leong

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=806679

Great attitude ok

Leave any Chevanton comments in this thread please.
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

In-Form Chevantón Not Carried Away Empty Re: In-Form Chevantón Not Carried Away

Post by COTR Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:35 pm

I think sheva has this attitude as well Pierre but it's probably the last we will hear from both of them for the season

You never know though... they may surprise us all
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:56 pm

Chevantón is wonderful Blush
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:59 pm

Good to see Chevchenko getting back to somewhere near his best form. Hopefully it'll result in more first-team starts when the season begins. Ale

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:49 pm