Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Serie A 2006/07

S4P

Serie A 2006/07 Empty Serie A 2006/07

Post by S4P Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:56 pm

Can Italy put the disaster of the scandal behind themselves and look for a season of pure class entertainment? How will their clubs do in the CL? Will Inter Milan be out right winners this year, with Milan suffering point deductions?
    waft the

Serie A 2006/07 Empty Re: Serie A 2006/07

Post by waft the Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:57 pm

i think its finally going to be our year cause of the scandal and the signign of viera has helped us cause we needed someone physical in midfield.

Btw who else are inter fans on this forum apart from bluenine?
    El Fenomeno
    El Fenomeno

Number of posts : 124
    Supports : West Bromwich Albion, by far the greatest team the world has ever seen!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by El Fenomeno Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:35 pm

I think Inter have the best chance of winning the scudetto this season seen as they've strenghend quite well though with the deduction only being 7/8 points for AC now, AC can still have a impact and Inter seem to slip up througout the season anyway. Roma also seem like they might have something to say this season.

But i dont think an Italian team will win the CL, my money at the moment, permitting drawing each other before the final, is a Chelsea-Barca final.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:13 am

Let me be a bit brash as say that Inter and Milan have as much of a chance of winning CL as Barca and Chelsea...

Milan are angry. They want to put the scandal behind them. At any cost, they want to prove to the world that they can win fair. The CL represents a better chance than serie A with a 8 point penalty. I think Milan will buy 2 big stars in the next 2 weeks. Watch this space - a striker and probably a GK (Buffon/Amelia) or a defender.

Inter are on a high. The confidence has never been higher, and the monkey (16 years drought) is off their back - the pressure is gone. Even tho the focus will be retaining the scudetto, I have been used to Inter players making meek startements or hopeful statements - now I see an Inter where players are making STRONG statements, and that mentality is the BIGGEST thing in football. This Inter believe they can win ALL, and that wasn't the case even in 1990.

While Barca and Chelsea will face the pressure to win (like Brazil in the world cup), Milan and Inter will believe they can win and are hungry to prove that its true (like Italy in the world cup). They are as big a favorite IMO.

sam wrote:I think Inter have the best chance of winning the scudetto this season seen as they've strenghend quite well though with the deduction only being 7/8 points for AC now, AC can still have a impact and Inter seem to slip up througout the season anyway. Roma also seem like they might have something to say this season.

But i dont think an Italian team will win the CL, my money at the moment, permitting drawing each other before the final, is a Chelsea-Barca final.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Sgoater1 Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:21 am

bluenine wrote:Let me be a bit brash as say that Inter and Milan have as much of a chance of winning CL as Barca and Chelsea...

Milan are angry. They want to put the scandal behind them. At any cost, they want to prove to the world that they can win fair. The CL represents a better chance than serie A with a 8 point penalty. I think Milan will buy 2 big stars in the next 2 weeks. Watch this space - a striker and probably a GK (Buffon/Amelia) or a defender.

Inter are on a high. The confidence has never been higher, and the monkey (16 years drought) is off their back - the pressure is gone. Even tho the focus will be retaining the scudetto, I have been used to Inter players making meek startements or hopeful statements - now I see an Inter where players are making STRONG statements, and that mentality is the BIGGEST thing in football. This Inter believe they can win ALL, and that wasn't the case even in 1990.

While Barca and Chelsea will face the pressure to win (like Brazil in the world cup), Milan and Inter will believe they can win and are hungry to prove that its true (like Italy in the world cup). They are as big a favorite IMO.

Yeah good post i agree with you mate Ale

On the Milan keeper front reports in Italy tonight suggest Dida will re join Corinthians soon. It will be interesting to see if they could tempt Buffon, if not Amelia would be a great signing.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:02 pm

Just looking back... how some predictions came out right!

bluenine wrote:Let me be a bit brash as say that Inter and Milan have as much of a chance of winning CL as Barca and Chelsea...

sam wrote:I think Inter have the best chance of winning the scudetto this season seen as they've strenghend quite well though with the deduction only being 7/8 points for AC now, AC can still have a impact and Inter seem to slip up througout the season anyway. Roma also seem like they might have something to say this season.

Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Parks lives Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:06 pm

The Inter winning the CL? Biggrin
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:07 pm

Of Milan being a fav for the CL... at that time, most were writting them off...

And Inter giving the scudetto more focus

Parks lives wrote:The Inter winning the CL? Biggrin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:37 pm