Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
TM
BoBo Vieri 32
Torrente
Kimbo
Axeslammer
Murray
debaser
Sheffield gunner
stinger
Fade out
Dwarf
The Easter Bunny
Pierre Littbarski
COTR
Parks lives
Deluded F*ck™
The Pröfessör
A & K
Hlebagone
S4P
Super Progress
fcb
Aristoskank
Luis
Tweesus
Six
Batman '
shazlx
Allez les rouges
Romford Pele
EMP
SuperMario
Fey
Rosicky
christmasborocooper
Batman
Di Caniooooo!
L r dd
Chocolate Thunder
Glenarch of the Glen
44 posters

FA Cup Semi Finals

fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

FA Cup Semi Finals - Page 15 Empty Re: FA Cup Semi Finals

Post by fcb Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:06 pm

Glentuple wrote:Spot The Twat

FA Cup Semi Finals - Page 15 Alex-Ferguson-Newcastle-United-MancFA Cup Semi Finals - Page 15 Benitezanxiouspoint7dd

lol!
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:07 pm

L-r d wrote:
    De Guzman wrote:LRD, what happened today?

we'll win at Old Trafford mark my words.

0/10 we'll win at Old trafford mark my words. It's easy to say this.

Today was a mix of man utd reserves/man utd u'17's and Berbatov. It's not an indication of anything.
    It's an indication that your starting line-up can't play every match. Tuesday we'll lose v Pool to pile the pressure on you, we have more freedom to focus on the CL. Our team lacks consistency, but on our day we can beat anybody anywahere. AT OT it will be our day/night.

Last edited by De Guzman on Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:07 pm

Luckily I missed this game, sounds like turgid is too polite a word to describe it.

Bet nobody will make a big deal about Foster's iPod now Doh
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:09 pm

De Guzman wrote:
    L-r d wrote:

Today was a mix of man utd reserves/man utd u'17's and Berbatov. It's not an indication of anything.
    It's an indication that your starting line-up can't play every match. Tuesday we'll lose v Pool to pile the pressure on you, we have more freedom to focus on the CL. Our team lacks consistency, but on our day we can beat anybody anywahere. AT OT it will be our day/night.

that's an interesting psychology, I wonder if Wanger will look at it like that. IF Arsenal beat Liverpool on Tuesday it pretty much gives Fergle carte blanch to rest players in the league.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:12 pm

Just four 0-0's for the GOMES Grr XI in all competitions.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:15 pm

Dragões azuis e brancos™️ wrote:Just four 0-0's for the GOMES Grr XI in all competitions.

lol!

only 4 0-0's but about 20 defeats Very Happy
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:21 pm

Glentuple wrote:
    Dragões azuis e brancos™️ wrote:Just four 0-0's for the GOMES Grr XI in all competitions.

lol!

only 4 0-0's but about 20 defeats Very Happy

17 actually.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:24 pm

Glentuple wrote:
    De Guzman wrote:
    L-r d wrote:

that's an interesting psychology, I wonder if Wanger will look at it like that. IF Arsenal beat Liverpool on Tuesday it pretty much gives Fergle carte blanch to rest players in the league.
    I'll be supporting Pool v us. Seriously. Anything to win the CL.
    L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by L r dd Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:25 pm

De Guzman wrote:
    L-r d wrote:

I disagree. Fergie just cocked up big time. On another day he could have got away with it but it didn't work out today. On the flipside the big guns should be alot fresher come the Arsenal game now, and hopefully you'll get a result against pool to further make that so Ale
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:28 pm

Glenn lol!

Thanks Everton for today Ale
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:35 pm

Check out Gary Neville's face towards the end of this video (with 15 seconds left)...and even funnier than his face, is his hair lol!

TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:48 pm

Stolen from Roja Directa eh? Very Happy
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:09 pm

L-r d wrote:Berbatov is just not a man utd player he's useless and i hope Fergie realises his error sooner rather than later. He's a selfish c**t who is too lazy too slow and nobody like the fucker. He hasn't contributed fuck all and the team looks better without him. Macheda a 17 yr old nobody is more use and woulda scored the pen as well.

I missed this, so I'll address it now.

Are Man Utd fans really this blind? Did they not see Berbatov over 2 seasons at Spurs? Its not as if his 'attitude' (read: all round approach to football) is a surprise. Stupid bints. That's how the dude rolls. The amount of times I hear retarded comments on Berbs' 'attitude' this season/last season/season before... fuck me, why don't people just get it through their head. That's what he's like. He happens to be a quality player as well. Deal with it. Just because he doesn't wear his heart on his sleeve like Rooney or Tevez, keeping himself to himself, not being outwardly jovial and making everything he does look effortless, doesn't mean that he does not care.
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Number of posts : 9733
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post by Aristoskank Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:14 pm

Strolling up to the penalty spot and hitting one of the laxest, weakest penalties I've ever seen certainly makes it seem like he does not care.

Berbatov has been a massive disappointment this year, and though perceptions of him as lazy and apathetic are misguided the guy misses easy chances on a fairly regular basis and has barely had a good game all season. I can see why Man U fans are pissed off with him.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:19 pm

the frustrating thing about the Berbatov penalty is surely the fact that if he picked his spot and blasted it he'd surely score. When I saw him waiting to take the pen I predicted he'd either score a blinder or pass it back to the keeper.

The difference between playing for a Big 4 club or playing for Spurs is that you're expected to perform week-in week out, every opposition is inferior and you have better players around you there are no excuses.

Same goes with Keane at Liverpool, he did have a few good games, but that's not enough at that level.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:25 pm

Stimulus Package wrote:Strolling up to the penalty spot and hitting one of the laxest, weakest penalties I've ever seen certainly makes it seem like he does not care.

He did exactly the same thing in the Carling cup Final against Chelsea, the only difference is Cech went the wrong way. back then he was "cool, oozing classy confident, the least worried person in that 90k stadium"

These are how fine the margins are.

Stimulus Package wrote:
    Berbatov has been a massive disappointment this year, and though perceptions of him as lazy and apathetic are misguided the guy misses easy chances on a fairly regular basis and has barely had a good game all season. I can see why Man U fans are pissed off with him.

Nope he hasn't. But neither have Man United. For much of the season they've looked disjointed in attack, and I can't say that's solely down to him. When you play Carrick, Scholes, Giggs, Rooney & Berbatov all together whilst adding in the Ronaldo's selfishness, inevitably it'll become a case of too many cooks spoiling the broth.

I always felt that we'd lose more than what they'd gained from the transfer, and £30mil+ only cushioned the blow.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:26 pm

Stimulus Package wrote:Strolling up to the penalty spot and hitting one of the laxest, weakest penalties I've ever seen certainly makes it seem like he does not care.

ok
    Also if you are going to show that attitude he has to deliver at least which he hasn't. Im not surprised that he seems so lax allthough it seems a bit more then he used too or perhaps that is just the glaring contrast with Rooney/Tevez. In the end if he flops I think it is more SAF's mistake because I never thought he was what Man Utd lacked really. So I wouldn't say he has proven he can't play at top level just yet. I think Man utd should sell him allthough I can't think of any top club that needs a player like really.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:35 pm

Super Madrid wrote:

ok
    Also if you are going to show that attitude he has to deliver at least which he hasn't. Im not surprised that he seems so lax allthough it seems a bit more then he used too or perhaps that is just the glaring contrast with Rooney/Tevez. In the end if he flops I think it is more SAF's mistake because I never thought he was what Man Utd lacked really. So I wouldn't say he has proven he can't play at top level just yet. I think Man utd should sell him allthough I can't think of any top club that needs a player like really.

I can see where you & Glenn are coming from.

But Glenda, have you been to WHL?

They've got some of the most impatient set of fans I've ever seen. I'd imagine it's the same for Newcastle.

Spurs fans will moan at anyone, and then we get told that we are putting too much pressure on the players and are suffering from delusions of grandeur. Just look what's happened to Bentley. Even that wonder strike at the Emirates and bleating about how much he loved Spurs and wanted to be like Gazza couldn't save him from ending up on the scrapheap.

Berbatov is a quality player but he's a poor Man's Zlatan at the end of the day.
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Number of posts : 9733
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post by Aristoskank Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:38 pm

Dragões azuis e brancos™️ wrote:He did exactly the same thing in the Carling cup Final against Chelsea, the only difference is Cech went the wrong way. back then he was "cool, oozing classy confident, the least worried person in that 90k stadium"

If he'd kicked it straight down the middle then it probably would have gone in but he was so casual he let it drift into the keeper's legs.

I don't see that as a fine margin. Berbatov has the technique to put the ball wherever he wants in that goal and he put it somewhere the keeper will almost always save it if he goes the right way.

Nope he hasn't. But neither have Man United. For much of the season they've looked disjointed in attack, and I can't say that's solely down to him. When you play Carrick, Scholes, Giggs, Rooney & Berbatov all together whilst adding in the Ronaldo's selfishness, inevitably it'll become a case of too many cooks spoiling the broth.

I always felt that we'd lose more than what they'd gained from the transfer, and £30mil+ only cushioned the blow.

You're probably right. I really like Berbatov and think he's got a future as a strike partner for Rooney (a bit like Henry and Bergkamp) but to make that work Man U will need to sell Ronaldo and either get Michael Jackson junior something like consistent or find another winger willing to focus on creating chances rather than running straight at the goal and shooting. For all I hated Pires he was very effective because of his willingness to move the ball on quickly when someone else was in a good position. If Man U surround Berbatov with players of that mentality then he could be everything they want.

It's all academic really since Man U are going bust and Man City will end up buying their whole squad, and still finishing 11th.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:41 pm

Spurs fans aren't as impatient as Arsenal fans. Once Spurs have made their mind up about a player they're safe, Arsenal fans will happily boo anyone aside from their chosen special one and their chosen special one junior edition. (Wright/Bergkamp/Henry/Fabregas/Walcott/Wilshere)

Spurs fans will overlook any poor Keane/Berbatov performance and moan about Bent/Zokora/Jenas
    Riviera
    Riviera

Number of posts : 5411
    Favourite Player : Iniesta, Hangeland
    Registration date : 2007-04-11

Post by Riviera Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:44 pm

Did Berbatov get some hair in his eyes when shooting? I might send him a rubber band
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:06 pm

Dragões azuis e brancos™️ wrote:
    He did exactly the same thing in the Carling cup Final against Chelsea, the only difference is Cech went the wrong way. back then he was "cool, oozing classy confident, the least worried person in that 90k stadium"

I said this at the time. It was exactly the same with Yakubu..he took all his penalties the same way, looking lazy and almost uninterested but 90% of the time he scored and it was said he was "the coolest man on a penalty and his record is amazing" then he missed a couple and it was suddenly "he doesnt care Grr lazy fucker!!" etc

Berbatov's was the same today..if it'd gone in the commentators would've just called it cool and probably said "ohh how cheeky was that".

He has been pretty poor at Man Utd though..nowhere near Sheva in terms of how big a flop he's been though.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:14 pm

Glentuple wrote:Spurs fans aren't as impatient as Arsenal fans. Once Spurs have made their mind up about a player they're safe, Arsenal fans will happily boo anyone aside from their chosen special one and their chosen special one junior edition. (Wright/Bergkamp/Henry/Fabregas/Walcott/Wilshere)

Spurs fans will overlook any poor Keane/Berbatov performance and moan about Bent/Zokora/Jenas

Arsenal fans are remarkably tolerant if you ask me. Considering what a force they were in the Vieira/Pires/Bergkamp era, I'm surprised they aren't calling for Wenger's head after their (comparative) under performance over the last few years.

There is only one current player that I'd call immune to criticism at Spurs and that's King. Keane & Berbatov got it in the neck all the time, especially Keane from those that prefer Defoe & Vice-versa. Robinson & Dawson escaped it for a while, but eventually people's patience snapped. Like I said, look at what's happened to Bentley as proof that nobody is untouchable, King aside and he only earnt that status because he steeped into the void Sol Campbell left behind, proved he was better, and eased the pain of that terrible summer..

Mido even gave an interview saying Spurs are a very pressured & political club, and he's right. If Darren Bent was putting up those goal totals for Wolves next year, they wouldn't have a problem. At Spurs we don't only want to be successful, we need to be successful playing good stuff. Even Jol, who had the highest approval rating of and Spurs head coach/manager in 30 years, got criticised for playing too much long ball.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:29 pm

when was Bentley untouchable?

King, Woodcock, Lennon and Keane are untouchable of the current crop, Defoe and Palacios will get there I expect. You have your own little crush on Huddlestone and Gomes I'm not sure you're the right person to refute my assessment, although I'm willing to admit it may be flawed.

Wenger is untouchable among Arsenal fans but there were plenty that wanted him out over recent years.

Being successful playing good stuff is near impossible. I'd liken the political struggles, catch 22 scenarios and sacrifices in modern football to that exhibited in The Wire as my new favourite analogy. You may want to be succesfull playing nice football, but the priority has to be success. With success comes expectation, comes more games, more money, more pressure. In modern football and particularly the Premiership no one is successful playing nice football, not in real terms.

If you didn't have Darren Bent you'd all be moaning that you needed a pacey strong clinical goalscorer.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:46 pm

Wow never realised just how angry SAF and his assistant got:

FA Cup Semi Finals - Page 15 295zsl5
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:40 am

Luis wrote:Wow never realised just how angry SAF and his assistant got:

FA Cup Semi Finals - Page 15 295zsl5

I dont think they were angry apparently they were just doing this.. Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lig0ckkT_rc
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by TheCrazy58 Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:55 am

Everton cheers Ale Bubbly

So Ferg is now railing against Riley who's the biggest Manc homer in the world. What'll he do now, bring his own ref? Laugh
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:48 am

Ferguson disagrees with lrd on Wellbeck...

And debaser, the 2nd losing semifinalist does indeed mention the pitch, though unlike Wenger he doesn't quite blame it for the defeat.

Fairly reasonable comments from Ferguson, especially regarding the penalty.

Sir Alex Ferguson has joined forces with Arsenal's Arsene Wenger in condemning the Wembley pitch.

Wenger had described the pitch as a "joke" after seeing it cut up as Arsenal lost 2-1 to Chelsea in their FA Cup semi-final on Saturday.

Ferguson's actions were even more embarrassing for the Football Association as he revealed he had pulled established stars such as Paul Scholes, Dimitar Berbatov and Patrice Evra out of the starting line-up for Saturday's FA Cup semi-final defeat against Everton because of the state of what should be English football's premier playing surface.

Ferguson played a makeshift team of youngsters and reserves, who battled to a goalless draw after extra-time before losing agonisingly 4-2 in a penalty shootout.

The United manager said: "When I saw the pitch (in the Chelsea v Arsenal semi), what I didn't want was to go into extra-time with my strongest squad.

"It looked spongy and dead and difficult to move the ball quickly around it. They've got all these lights around the perimeter to help the growth and the standard of the soil. But it looks dead to me.

"So we had to go with the bold decision of playing the younger ones. After all, our club is built on giving young players opportunities and they didn't disappoint.

"Once we made our mind up, I was quite enthusiastic about it. It was the right thing to do. It was good for them."

Ferguson now has to pick up his team for a crucial league match against Portsmouth on Wednesday when Darren Fletcher will be available after injury and the big guns will return, including Wayne Rooney.

Ferguson, however, insists the experience of Wembley, where he made eight changes - including adding three teenagers - to the team that beat Porto in the Champions League last Wednesday, has convinced him United have a strong enough squad to succeed in their quests for the Premier League and Champions League trophies.

He said: "The most important thing is that I now know that, in the run-in, those young players of mine can play in any game, ability-wise.

"(Danny) Welbeck and (Federico) Macheda were absolutely outstanding and that is a big plus point. We have some massive games coming up now and we have the squad to cope with it."

The semi-final hinged on a 69th-minute decision by referee Mike Riley when he denied United a penalty after Phil Jagielka appeared to bring down Welbeck in the penalty area.

Ferguson suggested doubts might have been planted in Riley's mind by claims last week he was a United supporter, claims Everton manager David Moyes declined to deny.

"I've no idea if it affected the decision but you never know," said Ferguson. "It may have. It can prey on a referee's mind.

"I've seen the video and it looks a penalty kick but, in the importance of the game, the referee probably has to be dead sure.

"When he (Riley) sees it he'll probably realise he's made a mistake but I can't say that's the reason for us losing."

Ferguson, who saw Berbatov and Rio Ferdinand have their spot-kicks saved by former United goalkeeper Tim Howard, also claimed he never believed winning five trophies this season was realistic.

"It's impossible to think you can do that," he said. "You need a lot of luck. We've had a lot of injuries to defenders.

"If all my players had been fit, you would have to go for it but, realistically, it is very, very difficult."
    L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by L r dd Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:51 am

Outstandingly hopeless. Fergie cant blame anybody because he's the one to blame overall.
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:06 pm

Yes he does Kas, he uses the pitch as his excuse in why he put out so many young players.

lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:17 pm