Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
Riviera
Deluded F*ck™
EM Seleção e Selecção
Axeslammer
shazlx
Pierre Littbarski
Hlebagone
Rosicky
Romford Pele
TM
Six
Black Magic
Aristoskank
Fey
Khadrim
Kroos
SuperMario
COTR
blutgraetsche
Kimbo
Puro
DS
L r dd
Dick Grayson
Glenarch of the Glen
29 posters

Is Michael Owen World Class?

Poll

Is Michael Owen World Class?

[ 10 ]
    Is Michael Owen World Class? - Page 2 Bar_left25%Is Michael Owen World Class? - Page 2 Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 30 ]
    Is Michael Owen World Class? - Page 2 Bar_left75%Is Michael Owen World Class? - Page 2 Bar_right [75%] 

Total Votes: 40
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Is Michael Owen World Class? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Michael Owen World Class?

Post by Kimbo Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:50 pm

Khadrim wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:
    Conspiracy Theorist wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:
    Michael Owen was a better player than Viduka!

That was precisely my reasoning Pot. Good to see we finally agree on something ok

I don't understand what he was better at, he was faster, I struggle to think of anything else. scratch

Scoring goals.

Scored against Brazil and Argentina.

Turned a FA cup final by himself.

Regardless of what he has become now he was at one point up there as one of the world's best.

What do you mean scoring goals? Viduka has a great goalscoring record.

Viduka's technique and skill are in another stratosphere to Owens, he can create his own chances and he did it often
    Viduka can hold up the ball and has better awareness when it comes to getting others involved
    Viduka is not a coward
    Viduka is better in the air

Imagine if Viduka was English, how much hype do you think he would've received?

For me Owen isn't close.
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:54 pm

Kimbo wrote:

For me Owen isn't close.

This is why you asked other people what they thought Kimmy. So they could tell you what they thought

Remind us again how many Balon D'Ors Viduka won or how many he came close to winning

Cheers
    Six
    Six

Number of posts : 4390
    Supports : Liverpool
    Registration date : 2009-01-14

Post by Six Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:59 pm

Viduka is one of the few players who was injured more often than Owen. Also one of the few players who cared less about the team than Owen.

Other than that I wouldn't say there was a lot between them, but they are different strikers, would have worked well together at Newcastle had they ever been fit at the same time.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:00 pm

Kimbo wrote:

For me Owen isn't close.

This is why you asked other people what they thought Kimmy. So they could tell you what they thought

Remind us again how many Balon D'Ors Viduka won or how many he came close to winning

Cheers

How many have Gerrard and Torres won? Is Owen better than them? Cannavaro has one, Stam does, is Cannavaro better?
    COTR
    COTR

Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:06 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

For me Owen isn't close.

Cheers

How many have Gerrard and Torres won? Is Owen better than them? Cannavaro has one, Stam does, is Cannavaro better?

I think you are missing the point Kimmy. He won it because he was once an exceptional player so your apparent shock that other people think that he was more useful than Viduka or JFH is rather strange.

Oh and yes cannavaro at his peak was a better player than Stam

Anyway here are Owen's goal stats for you

1996–2004 Liverpool 216 (118)
    2004–2005 Real Madrid 35 (13)
    2005–2009 Newcastle United 71 (26)

Here are Viduka's

2000–2004 Leeds United 130 (59)
    2004–2007 Middlesborough 72 (26)
    2007–2009 Newcastle 38 (7)
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Number of posts : 9733
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post by Aristoskank Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:10 pm

Black Magic wrote:
    Dick Grayson wrote:
    Stimulus Package wrote:The White Ronaldo. How ironic.

Whos the black Ronaldo?

Ronaldo

Very Happy
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:18 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

For me Owen isn't close.

Cheers

I think you are missing the point Kimmy. He won it because he was once an exceptional player so your apparent shock that other people think that he was more useful than Viduka or JFH is rather strange.

Oh and yes cannavaro at his peak was a better player than Stam

Anyway here are Owen's goal stats for you

1996–2004 Liverpool 216 (118)
    2004–2005 Real Madrid 35 (13)
    2005–2009 Newcastle United 71 (26)

Here are Viduka's

2000–2004 Leeds United 130 (59)
    2004–2007 Middlesborough 72 (26)
    2007–2009 Newcastle 38 (7)

Exactly, Viduka has a great record AND he is useful when it comes to team play. That's exactly why he wins.

And no Cannavaro was not better than Stam.

You're always WRONG coater, why are you always wrong? It's getting ridiculous.
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:20 pm

World Class? Laugh
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:21 pm

Kimbo wrote:

Exactly, Viduka has a great record AND he is useful when it comes to team play. That's exactly why he wins.

I can't help your reaction to what happened to you the other day Kimmy

You should learn to take it better when things don't go your way

I'm wondering is there a reason you always seem to be arguing these things on your own Biggrin
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:25 pm

TM wrote:World Class? Laugh

This obviously isn't a serious thread.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:32 pm

Kimbo wrote:

I can't help your reaction to what happened to you the other day Kimmy

You should learn to take it better when things don't go your way

I'm wondering is there a reason you always seem to be arguing these things on your own Biggrin

I believe things went "my way" big time today, did they not?
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:35 pm

Kimbo wrote:

If you say so, Kimmy, if you say so

You appear to be extraordinarily deluded these days, however it makes things much more fun for the rest of us Biggrin
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:36 pm

Kimbo wrote:

You appear to be extraordinarily deluded these days, however it makes things much more fun for the rest of us Biggrin

<Ale>
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:38 pm

Kimbo wrote:

Even a blind dead horse would see that the Murray debate was won by me today. Just lie down and take it like a man coater.
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:42 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

Even a blind dead horse would see that the Murray debate was won by me today. Just lie down and take it like a man coater.

What did you win exactly ?

For someone who said this

He can't play on grass, and is only decent of hard courts.

Im not sure how you won Ale
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:44 pm

Kimbo wrote:

Ohhh look at you Kimmy

You predicted that Federer would win like the rest of the world did Biggrin

You also predicted that Murray would not be a top 5 player

He could not play on Grass

He was not better than Henman

Etc etc etc etc

The good thing is it's there for us all to see Pot Biggrin

As I said, extraordinarily deluded Ale
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:52 pm

Murray proved he wasn't up to the task, he was outclassed, by ANDY..... RODDICK!!!

Murray is a good player, but he doesn't have that extra gear you need for the grandslams.

This has been my main point all along. <Ale>
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
    Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:55 pm

Ah yes, i forgot the Murray - Henman debates. It really is embarrassing how Kimbo is right so often.
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:57 pm

Kimbo wrote:Murray proved he wasn't up to the task, he was outclassed, by ANDY..... RODDICK!!!

Murray is a good player, but he doesn't have that extra gear you need for the grandslams.

We saw your main points Kimmy. I posted them all for everyone to see Basketball

Outclassed lol!

Yet again, extraordinarily deluded.
    L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by L r dd Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:57 pm

Kimbo wrote:Murray proved he wasn't up to the task, he was outclassed, by ANDY..... RODDICK!!!

The guy in your avatar was beaten by Henman at a similarish age to Murray are you certain with your theory Question
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:57 pm

Hlebagone wrote:Ah yes, i forgot the Murray - Henman debates. It really is embarrassing how Kimbo is right so often.

There were no Henman/Murray debates. scratch
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:58 pm

We saw your main points Kimmy. I posted them all for everyone to see Basketball

Outclassed lol!

Yet again, extraordinarily deluded.

Did you miss my reply to that totally squashing your post? You must have. <Ale>
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:00 pm

Kimbo wrote:

Did you miss my reply to that totally squashing your post? You must have. <Ale>

Laugh

The best one yet

How many more times are you going to allow me to say extraordinarily deluded.

Are you trying to rip the piss here Kimmy ? All logic is against you
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:01 pm

You people will never learn. I look forward to the US Open, i expect groundhog day, same old bullshit, and same old results. <Ale>
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Pierre Littbarski Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:14 pm

Stam > Cannavaro

Owen was world class - he has played 4 games for England in the KO phases of tournaments, scored a goal in all of them and converted a pen in 2 of the shootouts that followed.

He was a great finisher.

However, the game moved on and he can't.

How many out and out strikers are there playing for top clubs who are 5ft 8 and piss weak ?

He can't play with his back to goal and its not like he can play off the front man because he doesn't have the skill or creativity.

If he plays nd he doesn't score you have played a man down for 90 mins.

He is the ideal replacement for ronaldo though - not particularly talented, will score lots v the shit teams and provides nothing apart from tap ins.
    shazlx
    shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
    Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:27 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:He is the ideal replacement for ronaldo though - not particularly talented, will score lots v the shit teams and provides nothing apart from tap ins.
    cheers Basketball
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:28 pm

Won't be a help in the CL that's for sure.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Axeslammer Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:55 pm

Never has been Ale
    EM Seleção e Selecção
    EM Seleção e Selecção

Number of posts : 2495
    Supports : Portugal Brasil Africa
    Favourite Player : Ronaldo Zidane Dinho Figo CR Robinho Neymar Hazard
    Registration date : 2007-11-22

Post by EM Seleção e Selecção Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:28 pm

Yikes Yikes Yikes
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:33 pm

monkey monkey monkey monkey monkey

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:30 pm