Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+55
Ricardo Jol
Axeslammer
UK_Andy
Six
Parks lives
Romford Pele
Di Caniooooo!
gone
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Cornicello
abundance
Aristoskank
Fade out
Deluded F*ck™
christmasborocooper
Red n' Black
Chocolate Thunder
Glenarch of the Glen
Rosicky.
Pierre Littbarski
OrangeSky
Jaime
Tarun
Calidad
Kimbo
Torrente
debaser
Sheffield gunner
COTR
TheCrazy58
Puro
Fey
Chris 23*
EM Seleção e Selecção
shazlx
TITO
Isco Benny
Super Progress
Tweesus
Pras_tama
L r dd
Tom
Onur 1905
Pirlo
fcb
Allez les rouges
Black Magic
Antarion
Kroos
S4P
Murray
TM
BoBo Vieri 32
Luis
bluenine
59 posters

Internazionale vs Chelsea

bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Internazionale vs Chelsea Empty Internazionale vs Chelsea

Post by bluenine Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:01 pm

Time to start the discussion thread..... can't wait for the game!!

The first leg is at the Guiseppe Meazza, I doubt this tie will be won or lost in that one... I expect Inter to win that 1-0 or 2-1, I prefer 1-0 obviously. It is paramount that we do not conceed an away goal!!!!

So I would be surprised if Mou starts a lot of "destroyers" in the midfield, more than the usual amount...
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Internazionale vs Chelsea Empty Re: Internazionale vs Chelsea

Post by Luis Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:57 pm

Definately the tie of the round.

I fancied Inter a few weeks ago, I saw them in the derby and they looked like a team that has so much passion to win and a team that is together.

But I think Chelsea have been very strong recently and IMO they'll win the CL last year so I expect them to go through. I think it will be 0-0 at San Siro and then Chelsea will win 2-0 at the Bridge.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:10 pm

I think Inter will lose. Chelsea are very strong and I think Inter will suffer from the same problems they've had in the last few years.
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:17 pm

I see the first leg finishing 0-0, and Inter playing on the counter in the second leg and pinching the victory on away goals! Very Happy
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Murray Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:51 pm

Whatever happens, there will be a spectacular rant from Mourinho.
    TM
    TM

Post by TM Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:55 pm

Mourinho running onto the pitch at SB at full time hugging his players ok
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:12 pm

It has 0-0 written all over it imo (assuming no outrageous blunders from either defence).
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:48 pm

this game will bore the shit out of everyone, only fans will be entertained

i think 1:1 first game, 2:1 second game
    TM
    TM

Post by TM Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:55 pm

Özil wrote:this game will bore the shit out of everyone, only fans will be entertained

i think 1:1 first game, 2:1 second game

Neutral
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:24 pm

thank god i am ballack supporter
    Antarion
    Antarion

Number of posts : 3382
    Supports : Germany, Bayern
    Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
    Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:11 pm

I also think it will be a 0-0, i hope iam wrong. On paper its one of the more intersting games this round. But both are known for their defensive qualities in europe.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:19 am

Antarion wrote:I also think it will be a 0-0, i hope iam wrong. On paper its one of the more intersting games this round. But both are known for their defensive qualities in europe.

While both teams have excellent defences, and know how to defend a lead or result, they also have very good scoring rates.... Inter have by far the highest scoring rate in Serie A, and Chelsea are just 1 goal shy of ManUtd in EPL scoring charts. I think thats what makes this contest so intriguing, this battle has to be won - its unlikely that it will be lost by either side (unless Inter do their usual CL number!). Inter are looking more mentally strong this season than in the recent past, maybe this is the time the team will show up in Europe...
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:28 am

Are you worried about Etoo's lack of form Bluey? He's been completely overshadowed by Milito this season, against Cagliari Pandev overshadowed him and last night he was completely non-existent.

Although its good to see other players contributing I just cant see Inter qualifying without Eto'o being an integral part of it.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:39 am

Black Magic wrote:Are you worried about Etoo's lack of form Bluey? He's been completely overshadowed by Milito this season, against Cagliari Pandev overshadowed him and last night he was completely non-existent.

Although its good to see other players contributing I just cant see Inter qualifying without Eto'o being an integral part of it.

Eto'o was not too bad in the first half of teh season... its only since his return from ACN that he has looked shite.... he will recover, I am not too worried. If we still had Suazo as his back up, I would ve been really worried. But now we have a in form Pandev and a relatively in form Balotelli. Strikers is not the place where we have a concern.

Midfield is my worry, with Stankovic still out with his injury, Cambiasso blowing hot and cold, and the poor passing ability of Muntari & Motta. If Chelsea stifle Sneijder, our strikers will have no supply.
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:43 am

lol snjeider against ballack-lampard-mikel

steel against the mighty
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:40 pm

Forza Nerazzurri, etc etc...

Are we doing avatars again? Hactually if it comes to that I may need a Milan one Wink
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:21 pm

So i was watching MOTD last night - A. Cole got injured. Will he be back for the 1st leg?
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:14 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:So i was watching MOTD last night - A. Cole got injured. Will he be back for the 1st leg?

Nope, he is out of both legs from what I hear. He is out for about 3 months (ankle injury?), should get fit in time for the WC...

I guess it does not matter that much.... Inter and Chelsea are deep squads, probably among the best in terms of quality of depth, so one or two injuries are not going to decide the game. Unless its a key player like Drogba or Sneijder....
    S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:36 pm

Still not ideal to lose our best left back, who's been in great form for most of the season. Zhirkov hasn't done a bad job so far though, and he'll have a chance to get a couple more games under his belt before Inter.

I think this tie will produce a maximum of 3 goals. Then again, I said something similar about our tie with Liverpool, and that ended 7-5 on aggregate, with arguably the match of the tournament.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:55 am

S4P wrote:Still not ideal to lose our best left back, who's been in great form for most of the season. Zhirkov hasn't done a bad job so far though, and he'll have a chance to get a couple more games under his belt before Inter.

I think this tie will produce a maximum of 3 goals. Then again, I said something similar about our tie with Liverpool, and that ended 7-5 on aggregate, with arguably the match of the tournament.

To me, it does not matter how many goals a tie produces... as long as its an engaging battle, & has a high quality of football all over the park. This tie does promise to deliver on both counts.

Thats what I was talking about quality depth in both squads... both teams will start with their second choice LBs, but with Zhirkov & Santon, the quality will hopefully not diminish. ok
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:13 pm

bluenine wrote:
    S4P wrote:Still not ideal to lose our best left back, who's been in great form for most of the season. Zhirkov hasn't done a bad job so far though, and he'll have a chance to get a couple more games under his belt before Inter.

To me, it does not matter how many goals a tie produces... as long as its an engaging battle, & has a high quality of football all over the park. This tie does promise to deliver on both counts.

Thats what I was talking about quality depth in both squads... both teams will start with their second choice LBs, but with Zhirkov & Santon, the quality will hopefully not diminish. Internazionale vs Chelsea F_ok

Case in point, the Napoli-Inter game yesterday.... awesome game, very entertaining, ended 0-0.... but no one would ve been surprised if that had ended 2-2 or something like that... I hope the Inter-Chelsea games are like this one.

One thing that Napoli did very well was neutralise Sneijder... Gargano was immense there, if Essien/Mikel can play the same role for Chelsea, then Inter are in trouble. Oh, we badly need Stankovic back!!!
    Luis
    Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:07 pm

What channel is this on (In the UK)? Can't find it in the TV Guide, it's on Wednesday isn't it? But it just says Sky's main game is Bayern Vs Fiorentina which is strange..unless the TV Guide is wrong.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:16 pm

Would probably be on ITV since they have the rights for 1 game on Wednesday's.
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245

Post by Murray Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:41 pm

It's next week, Wednesday 24th on ITV
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:50 pm

inter is playing next week, not this
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:41 pm

Forgot all about the San Siro clash, silly me!
    S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:31 pm

There are 3 other CL games next week too.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:32 am

Has the format changed? Not a fan of that, should be 4 games 1 night then 4 the next with the exception of Inter/AC of course.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:06 am

Yes they changed it so that teams from the same country never play on the same night.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:19 pm

No pressure, Mr Ancelotti!!

Clearly Mou is targeting Carlo for his customary mind games before this game.

Inter Coach Jose Mourinho: Chelsea Have 'Suffered' Since I Left Stamford Bridge
    'Carletto' gets a customary greeting from the 'Special One'...
    By Adithya Ananth

Inter coach Jose Mourinho has taken a swipe at his former employers Chelsea, claiming that the road has only been downhill for the west London club since he headed out of Stamford Bridge.

The Blues have won only an FA Cup since the 'Special One' left England. Now plying his trade with the Serie A giants, the Portuguese manager maintains that his former employers have sorely missed his presence.

"Chelsea have suffered in the last two years, and it's no coincidence that their decline happened after I left," Mourinho said, according to The Mirror.

"We had a unique relationship as a manager, players and fans, and when you break that, it's not easy to fix. They've had a lot of coaches since and maybe some didn't have the mentality for the club. Maybe they tried to change too much of what we put in place.

"I knew there was no time for a long-term plan with the owner they have at Stamford Bridge. You must win the title in your first season or say bye-bye. I gave them what they needed but I always knew it wasn't a job that would last forever. Maybe they would've been better off sticking with me than changing manager when they did."

Of the three managers before Carlo Ancelotti to take the reins of the club following the departure of the former Porto boss, only Guus Hiddink managed to guide the club to silverware in the form of an FA Cup triumph last season.

Mourinho also told Nuts magazine: "Inter have asked me to try to win the Champions League for them, and I'll attempt to give them this – so they're stuck with me for a little while yet! Now we have to play an important couple of matches against Chelsea and this is obviously a very special game for me."

And concerning the Blues' Italian manager - with whom he shared a frosty relationship during Carletto's Serie A days - Mourinho couldn't resist adding: "But I'm a part of Chelsea's history forever and they'll always be a big part of me. Let's see if Ancelotti can finish his time at Chelsea with a record as good as mine!"

Inter host Chelsea at the San Siro on Wednesday, 24 February, in the first leg of their Champions League round of 16 tie.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:17 pm