Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+31
Glenarch of the Glen
Puro
Tom
BrianS
Fade out
Effenberg
Jaime
Sheffield gunner
lampiao007
72-76-80-96-08
chrissicross
Super Progress
Khadrim
Barrilete
Kimbo
fcb
bluenine
BoBo Vieri 32
Black Magic
Calidad
OP9
L r dd
Axeslammer
Lordanger
Allez les rouges
Antarion
110%
Isco Benny
SuperMario
Stiftung Haeschentest
Kroos
35 posters

germany vs. argentina -----prediction and discussion thread

Poll

who will win

[ 8 ]
    germany vs. argentina -----prediction and discussion thread Bar_left35%germany vs. argentina -----prediction and discussion thread Bar_right [35%] 
    [ 14 ]
    germany vs. argentina -----prediction and discussion thread Bar_left61%germany vs. argentina -----prediction and discussion thread Bar_right [61%] 
    [ 1 ]
    germany vs. argentina -----prediction and discussion thread Bar_left4%germany vs. argentina -----prediction and discussion thread Bar_right [4%] 

Total Votes: 23
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

germany vs. argentina -----prediction and discussion thread Empty germany vs. argentina -----prediction and discussion thread

Post by Kroos Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:37 am

friendly match on 3. march

i think Löw will bring the best possible line up

westermann and rolfes injured, dont know about westermann if his fit then

-------adler

boateng-mertesacker-?????-lahm
    ----schweinsteiger--ballack
    müller-----------özil
    klose--------poldi

after schweinsteigers and müllers outstanding performances for bayern, they deserve to play in there favourite postions

do you think that schweinsteiger needs a real DM midfielder besides him to show his abilities?

omg Klose and Poldi, so far a really disastrous season from both, but they will be fully fit for the WC sunny

tasci, friedrich, hummels, boateng are the alternatives for westermann
    Stiftung Haeschentest
    Stiftung Haeschentest

Number of posts : 2314
    Supports : Deutschland
    Registration date : 2006-08-30

germany vs. argentina -----prediction and discussion thread Empty Re: germany vs. argentina -----prediction and discussion thread

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:46 am

Özil wrote:

do you think that schweinsteiger needs a real DM midfielder besides him to show his abilities?

No! For Bayern he's playing an even more defensive role than van Bommel for most of the time and is doing absolutely brilliantly there.

Is it just me or does this side you've posted look worse than in 2006? There's a lot of potential in it, but not really much proven ability + two underperforming strikers. Neutral
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

germany vs. argentina -----prediction and discussion thread Empty Re: germany vs. argentina -----prediction and discussion thread

Post by SuperMario Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:02 pm

Makes sense to use him in a more pivot like role. He's arguably the best in the German team at playing 1-touch footy.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:54 pm

Nothing less than German DOMINATION will be a HUMILIATION.

Will actually try and watch this, could be a very interesting game. Interested to see Ozil playing. See what the fuss is about Ale
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:50 pm

I think playing??????? in central defence is an interesting ploy and I am looking forward to it
    Antarion
    Antarion

Number of posts : 3382
    Supports : Germany, Bayern
    Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
    Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:51 pm

110% wrote:I think playing??????? in central defence is an interesting ploy and I am looking forward to it

You spelled ????? wrong.

Edit: Also, he will own messi.
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:02 pm

Antarion wrote:
    110% wrote:I think playing??????? in central defence is an interesting ploy and I am looking forward to it

You spelled ????? wrong.

Edit: Also, he will own messi.

you mean mess!
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:56 pm

1-0

Grrr, why are Hummels and Badstuber not in the mix Grr

Give it a chance Hase, Ballack-Frings in the 4-4-2 isn't so easy to replace, and we all know the defence had been dodgy lately. Shurely a 4-2-3-1 with Mesut at 10
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:14 pm

hummels und badstuber waren nicht im 30 köpfigen Aufgebot beim Fitnesstest
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:17 pm

Ja weiß ich doch, deswegen hab ich mich beschwert scratch
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:19 pm

aha

zurecht
    Stiftung Haeschentest
    Stiftung Haeschentest

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:37 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:

Give it a chance Hase, Ballack-Frings in the 4-4-2 isn't so easy to replace, and we all know the defence had been dodgy lately. Shurely a 4-2-3-1 with Mesut at 10

I am not writing them off or anything, but there are currently quite a few question marks on the entire team, not only on the defence, that need to be sorted out soon.

I think Löw will give Khedira some playing time to get used to the team, so we'll probably see a midfield with Khedira - Ballack playing behind Schweini - Özil - Podolski/Jansen. I would also start with Klose up front.
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:42 pm

hmm from talent this team is better than 2006

alone an in form özil brings us into another level, and this team is clearly better then the euro 2008 team, aka rumpelfussballmannschaft

and from tactical and teamspirit we are one of the best
    Lordanger
    Lordanger

Number of posts : 1519
    Supports : hairbands
    Favourite Player : Not Gerrard
    Registration date : 2006-09-27

Post by Lordanger Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:58 pm

if catalunya can stuff the argies what the fucking fucko are ze germans going to do to them?
    7-2 is my guess.
    a palmero hattrick of OGs will help them along.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:09 pm

Lordanger wrote:if catalunya can stuff the argies what the fucking fucko are ze germans going to do to them?

Couldn't agree more : 5-1 to the Teutons is the par Ale
    L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by L r dd Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:22 pm

Didn't Spain only narrowly beat them 2-1?

Probably a close 1-1 don't rate either country.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:57 am

it will be interesting to see the players maradona calls up.
    OP9
    OP9

Number of posts : 1476
    Supports : Tigres, Leverkusen, Mexico
    Favourite Player : Dzeko, Cristiano Ronaldo, Gio Dos Santos, Ibisevic, Memo Ochoa, Begovic, OP9
    Registration date : 2006-09-18

Post by OP9 Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:21 am

Germany definately

Argentina is trash as of now
    Lordanger
    Lordanger

Post by Lordanger Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:29 am

Argentina need to play all-out attack. play to their strengths and forget about the fact their GK and FBs are rubbish.
    Stick Messi, Aguero and Higuain up front, and play at least one midfielders who can link the play to them and just go for it.
    Fortune favours the brave and all that.

something like this:
    ......Masca
    ....Lucho...banega
    .......messi
    ...Agureo...higuain

it's the only chance they got.
    if diego stick to a 4-4-2 and keeps picking shit like gago and jonas then they will play deep and get destroyed, not even getting out of their group.
    L r dd

Post by L r dd Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:43 am

So now Banega is ahead of Di Maria who's probably been their most consistent player over the last year or more.

IMO

--------Masc----Veron---

---Messi----------------Di Maria

----------Higuain---Tevez

Obviously Tevez would have to drop deep quite a lot for that to fully work.
    Lordanger
    Lordanger

Post by Lordanger Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:51 am

yeah that could work.
    I've not seen enough of Di Maria, week in, week out, to really judge him but he is certainly in the mix.
    Tevez or Aguero is also a close one... Aguero is a better all round player but Tevez's workrate is second to none.

that is really a front 4: i like it.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:13 pm

L r dd wrote:So now Banega is ahead of Di Maria who's probably been their most consistent player over the last year or more.

IMO

--------Masc----Veron---

Di Maria only has 7 caps. He's very limited as a player IMO. Useful, but fairly one dimensional, and I think he thinks he is better than he actually is. Hardly comparable to Banega either as they're completely different players. Would have him in the squad for his pace alone however.

And when is the last time Tevez had a good game for Argentina? Probably about 3 years ago.

Wouldn't have Veron either. Too old and too slow, and not creative enough now either.

Zanetti---Samuel--Pareja--?????
    --------------Masch
    --------Banega--Cambiasso
    ---------------Messi
    -------Higuain-----Aguero

Lucho could be another option for Banega or Cambiasso. Of Course, Gago has a good chance of playing too as Maradona is a big fan.

I would love to see Messi-Higuain-Aguero together (has yet to happen)

And I'd actually take Lavezzi/Lisando/Milito over Tevez who hasn't been far short of woeful for the national side.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Post by Calidad Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:22 pm

Lordanger wrote:Argentina need to play all-out attack. play to their strengths and forget about the fact their GK and FBs are rubbish.
    Stick Messi, Aguero and Higuain up front, and play at least one midfielders who can link the play to them and just go for it.
    Fortune favours the brave and all that.

something like this:
    ......Masca
    ....Lucho...banega
    .......messi
    ...Agureo...higuain

it's the only chance they got.
    if diego stick to a 4-4-2 and keeps picking shit like gago and jonas then they will play deep and get destroyed, not even getting out of their group.

Pretty much the same side as mine, as I would happyily see Lucho in the MF too (or Banega/Cambiasso). On paper at least, the best side Argentina can field for me.

Demichelis has apaprently been struggling at Bayern recently, so alongside Samuel, Pareja or Garay would be my picks.

Not sure about FB's, maybe Zanetti or Monzon, or maybe even try Di Maria as a wing back? Shocking area of quality/depth for Argentina though.
    L r dd

Post by L r dd Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:31 pm

Calidad wrote:
    L r dd wrote:So now Banega is ahead of Di Maria who's probably been their most consistent player over the last year or more.

IMO

--------Masc----Veron---

Di Maria only has 7 caps. He's very limited as a player IMO. Useful, but fairly one dimensional, and I think he thinks he is better than he actually is. Hardly comparable to Banega either as they're completely different players. Would have him in the squad for his pace alone however.

And when is the last time Tevez had a good game for Argentina? Probably about 3 years ago.

Wouldn't have Veron either. Too old and too slow, and not creative enough now either.

Zanetti---Samuel--Pareja--?????
    --------------Masch
    --------Banega--Cambiasso
    ---------------Messi
    -------Higuain-----Aguero

Lucho could be another option for Banega or Cambiasso. Of Course, Gago has a good chance of playing too as Maradona is a big fan.

I would love to see Messi-Higuain-Aguero together (has yet to happen)

And I'd actually take Lavezzi/Lisando/Milito over Tevez who hasn't been far short of woeful for the national side.

You need someone deep who can play passes in the formation i had. Gago is shite and Lucho hasnt proved it at a high level. Banega has only recently started playing for his club he is in no way an international player. Di Maria has done well in every game ive seen him. I'm not sure what you're really on about with regards to limited ability he seems quality.

Tevez is having a great season and if you're gonna play two strikers he will always be ahead of Aguero who isnt having the best of seasons and hasnt been great for Argentina either. Hardly anyone has including Messi anyway.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:52 pm

Di maria is far from limited IMO and playing messi as an attacking midfielder won't work, that's were he needs to play for argentina but he isn't their yet, especially with the players he will have playing behind him.

We've done this to death, but anyways.

-------------------GK

--Zanetti---Samuel----Milito?/Garay----Ansaldi

-------Masch---Cambisso/Benega

----Messi-----Pastore----Di maria/Perotti

--------------Higauin

Counter attack all the way, they have far from a shit defense, he just hasn't been calling up the right players.

-----Masch---Veron/Benega---Cambiasso

------------------Aimar

-------------Messi------Higuain
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:54 pm

Yeah, I dont quite get the 'Di Maria is limited' line either. Maybe Calidad meant to say 'unlimited'?

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:55 pm

It will probably be something like this

---Jonas----otamendi----Henzie---Insua

---Maxi------Masch----Veron----Di Maria/Perotti

--------------Messi---Higuain
    L r dd

Post by L r dd Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:33 pm

Maxi really? He really looks done for.
    Stiftung Haeschentest
    Stiftung Haeschentest

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:43 pm

Özil wrote:hmm from talent this team is better than 2006

alone an in form özil brings us into another level, and this team is clearly better then the euro 2008 team, aka rumpelfussballmannschaft

and from tactical and teamspirit we are one of the best

From the talent point of view we are indeed stronger than in 2006, but this team is not (yet) anywhere near as proven, mature and cohesive as the team of 2006. The risk that some of our youngsters buckle under the pressure is definitely there IMO (Özil, Kießling and Boateng have 12 matches between them, and mostly as subs. Kroos and Müller haven't even been called up yet).

But again, I don't write them off just yet, Löw needs to sort out his starting line-up fast though. They need time to gel too, after all.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Post by Calidad Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:53 pm

Why has Aguero suddenly been thrown out of the picture? He still has the best goals:games ratio out of any current Argentinian forward. His form has hardly been fantastic (personally think he has bulked up a bit too much) but he's still got 14 goals in 24 apps this season (all comps)

Not saying he is a definite starter, but no one has mentioned him? It just seems seems silly for Argentina not to play three forwards given that is where their strengths lie. Despite what Lrd say's Lucho, Higuain, Messi, Aguero, Lavezzi, Milito, Tevez, Zarate, Barrios, is a ridiculous wealth of forwards to choose from.

I would disagree that Banega isn't international class either. Banega can play passes from deep too. I'd argue that's his best position anyway.

As for Di Maria, I think he is a bit one dimensional. He's very head down, and appears quite selfish to me as well. He's like a worse version of Robben. He has ability, but I just think he's very predictable. Dives too much as well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:19 pm