Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Which team had best/worst transfer window overall?

debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Which team had best/worst transfer window overall? Empty Which team had best/worst transfer window overall?

Post by debaser Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:34 am

ARSENAL

Ins:
    Ryo Miyaichi (unattached).

Outs:
    Havard Nordtveit (undisc. to Borussia Monchengladbach), Vito Mannone (loan to Hull City), Wellington (loan to Levante), Ryo Miyaichi (loan to Feyenoord), Jay Emmanuel-Thomas and Aaron Ramsey (loan to Cardiff), Henri Lansbury (loan to Norwich), Craig Eastmond (loan to Millwall), Benik Afobe (loan to Huddersfield), Cedric Evina (loan to Oldham), Carlos Vela (loan to West Brom), Benik Afobe (loan extension to Huddersfield), Kyle Bartley (loan to Rangers).

ASTON VILLA

Ins:
    Kyle Walker (loan from Tottenham), Jean Makoun (£6m from Lyon), Darren Bent (£18m rising to £24m from Sunderland), Michael Bradley (loan from Borussia Moenchengladbach).

Outs:
    Steve Sidwell (undiscl. to Fulham), James 'not that one' Collins (undisc. to Shrewsbury), Shane Lowry (loan to Sheffield United), Andreas Weimann (loan to Watford), John Carew (loan to Stoke), Jonathan Hogg (loan to Portsmouth), Curtis Davies (£3.5m to Birmingham), Isaiah Osbourne (loan to Sheffield Wednesday), Stephen Ireland (loan to Newcastle)

BIRMINGHAM

Ins:
    David Bentley (loan from Tottenham), Curtis Davies (£3.5m from Aston Villa), Obafemi Martins (loan from Rubin Kazan)

Outs:
    Garry O'Connor (free to Barnsley), Marcus Bent (loan to Sheffield United), Jay O'Shea (loan to Port Vale), Jake Jervis (loan to Hereford), Michel (loan to AEK Athens), Nathan Redmond (loan to Burton), Daniel Preston (loan to Hereford).

BLACKBURN

Ins:
    Roque Santa Cruz (loan from Manchester City), Jermaine Jones (loan from Schalke), Ruben Rochina (undisc. from Barcelona), Mauro Formica (undiscl. from Newell's Old Boys).

Outs:
    Alex Marrow (undiscl. to Crystal Palace), Amine Linganzi (loan to Preston), Nick Blackman (loan to Aberdeen), Alan Judge (undisc to Notts County), Pascal Chimbonda (free to QPR), Aaron Doran (loan to Inverness), El-Hadji-Diouf (loan to Rangers).

BLACKPOOL

Ins:
    Salaheddine Sbai (loan from Nimes), Andy Reid (undiscl from Sunderland). James Beattie (loan from Rangers), Jason Puncheon (loan from Southampton), Sergei Kornilenko (loan from Zenit St Petersburg).

Outs:
    Ishmel Demontagnac and Stephen Husband (loan to Stockport), Ashley Eastham (loan to Cheltenham), Mark Halstead (loan to Kettering), Dekel Keinen (undisc. to Cardiff).

BOLTON

Ins:
    David Wheater (£1.5million from Middlesbrough), Daniel Sturridge (loan from Chelsea).

Outs:
    Andy O'Brien (free to Leeds).

CHELSEA

Ins:
    Fernando Torres (£50million from Liverpool), David Luiz (£21million from Benfica).

Outs:
    Ben Gordon (loan to Scunthorpe), Daniel Philliskirk (loan to Sheffield United), Gael Kakuta (loan to Fulham), Patrick Van Aanholt (loan to Leicester City), Jacob Mellis (loan to Barnsley), Daniel Sturridge (loan to Bolton).

EVERTON

Ins:
    Eric Dier (loan from Sporting Lisbon), Apostolos Vellios (nominal from Iraklis Thessaloniki).

Outs:
    Kieran Agard (loan to Peterborough United), Zac Thompson (free to Leeds), Yakubu (loan to Leicester City), Steven Pienaar (£3m to Tottenham), James Vaughan (loan to Crystal Palace).

FULHAM

Ins:
    Steve Sidwell (undiscl. from Aston Villa), Gael Kakuta (loan from Chelsea), Eidur Gudjohnsen (loan from Stoke).

Outs:
    Fredrik Stoor (undisc to Valerenga), Rob Milsom (undisc to Aberdeen), David Elm (undisc. to Elfsborg).

LIVERPOOL

Ins:
    Conor Thomas (loan from Coventry), Luis Suarez (£22.8million from Ajax), Andy Carroll (£35million from Newcastle).

Outs:
    Charles Itandje (free to Atromitos), Andras Simon (released), Nathan Eccleston (loan to Charlton), Stephen Darby (loan to Notts County), David Amoo (loan to MK Dons), Ryan Babel (£6m to Hoffenheim), Paul Konchesky (loan to Nottingham Forest), Fernando Torres (£50million to Chelsea).

MANCHESTER CITY

Ins:
    Gai Assulin (unattached), Edin Dzeko (£27m from Wolfsburg).

Outs:
    Ben Mee (loan to Leicester), Wayne Bridge (loan to West Ham), Roque Santa Cruz (loan to Blackburn), Abdisalam Ibrahim (loan to Scunthorpe), Javan Vidal (loan to Chesterfield), Emmanuel Adebayor (loan to Real Madrid).

MANCHESTER UNITED

Ins:
    Anders Lindegaard (£3.5m. from Aalesunds).

Outs:
    Federico Macheda (loan to Sampdoria), Ben Amos (loan to Oldham), James Chester (undiscl. to Hull City), Corry Evans (loan to Hull), Ritchie De Laet (loan to Portsmouth), Danny Drinkwater (loan to Watford), Joe Dudgeon (loan to Carlisle), Cameron Stewart (undiscl. to Hull).

NEWCASTLE

Ins:
    Hatem Ben Arfa (undisc. from Marseille), Stephen Ireland (loan from Aston Villa).

Outs:
    Matthew Grieve (loan to Stockport), Joan Simun Edmundsson and James Tavernier (loan to Gateshead), Tamas Kadar (loan to Huddersfield), Wayne Routledge (loan to QPR), Ryan Donaldson (loan to Hartlepool), Andy Carroll (£35million to Liverpool).

STOKE

Ins:
    Jermaine Pennant (£1.725m from Real Zaragoza), John Carew (loan from Aston Villa).

Outs:
    Liam Lawrence (undiscl. to Portsmouth), Tuncay Sanli (undiscl. to Wolfsburg), Eidur Gudjohnsen (loan to Fulham).

SUNDERLAND

Ins:
    Stephane Sessegnon (£6m from PSG), Sulley Muntari (loan from Inter Milan).

Outs:
    Michael Kay (loan to Tranmere), Liam Noble (loan to Carlisle), Matthew Kilgallon (loan to Doncaster), George McCartney (loan to Leeds), Darren Bent (£18m rising to £24m to Aston Villa), Trevor Carson (loan to Lincoln), David Healy (loan to Rangers), Paulo da Silva (undiscl. to Real Zaragoza), Andy Reid (undiscl. to Blackpool).

TOTTENHAM

Ins:
    Bongani Khumalo (£1.5m from SuperSport United), Steven Pienaar (£3m from Everton).

Outs:
    Kyle Walker (loan to Aston Villa), Harry Kane (loan to Leyton Orient), Jonathan Obika (loan to Peterborough), David Bentley (loan to Birmingham), Ryan Mason (loan to Doncaster), Andros Townsend (loan to Watford), Tommy Carroll (loan to Leyton Orient), Jamie O'Hara (loan to Wolves), Robbie Keane (loan to West Ham), Gio dos Santos (loan to Racing Santander).

WEST BROM

Ins:
    Carlos Vela (loan from Arsenal).

Outs:
    Luke Daniels (loan to Bristol Rovers), Joe Mattock (loan to Sheffield United), Leon Barnett (undisc to Norwich), Kayleden Brown and Romaine Sawyers (both loan to Port Vale), Ishmael Miller (loan to QPR), Reuben Reid (loan to Oldham).

WEST HAM

Ins:
    Wayne Bridge (loan from Manchester City), Demba Ba (undiscl. from Hoffenheim), Gary O'Neil (undiscl. from Middlesbrough), Robbie Keane (loan from Tottenham) Paul McCallum (undisc from Dulwich Hamley).

Outs:
    Valon Behrami (undiscl. to Fiorentina), Frank Nouble (loan to Barnsley)

WIGAN

Ins:
    Adrian Lopez (unattached), Connor Sammon (undisc from Kilmarnock).

Outs:
    Mauro Boselli (loan to Genoa).

WOLVES

Ins:
    Adam Hammill (undisc. from Barnsley), Jamie O'Hara (loan from Spurs).

Outs:
    Jelle van Damme (£2.5m to Standard Liege), John Dunleavy (loan to Barnet), Greg Halford (loan to Portsmouth), Matt Hill (free to Barnsley), Andy Keogh (loan to Bristol City).
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Which team had best/worst transfer window overall? Empty Re: Which team had best/worst transfer window overall?

Post by Luis Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:57 am

Chelsea had the best in terms of quality signings but they overpaid by about 20 mil for Torres. He'll be a fantastic addition anyway for them so they wont mind.

Blackpool did very well hanging on to Adam and adding a bit more depth.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Which team had best/worst transfer window overall? Empty Re: Which team had best/worst transfer window overall?

Post by debaser Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:00 pm

Looking at bottom 5: Wolves and Wigan both seemed to have failed to do anything much to their squad. O'Hara's not a bad loan for Wolves, but that's their only real gain, while Wigan's attempt to find a goalscorer has led them to sign this man from Kilmarnock, Connor Sammon:

Which team had best/worst transfer window overall? 230px-Connor_Sammon

Consider me dubious.

WHam, while their signings are somewhat underwhelming (Bridge + Keane been sitting on various benches for years, Gary O'Neil is thoroughly mediocre) have at least added to their squad overall. With Ba and Keane added to Piquionne, Obinna and Cole, they might just have enough goals in them to stay up.

Birmingham have done well with loans of Bentley and Martins. Curtis Davies brought in to cover Dann's injury. They should survive, sadly.

WBA only bring in Vela but he could prove the difference compared to sides like Wigan and Wolves - but I think they will run it close, whether or not they survive in the end.

Have to conclude Wigan done worst overall of the bottom group, despite keeping hold of N'Zogbia. When you look at who Blackpool managed to get in, their lack of activity looks criminal and I cannot see them staying up.
    A & K

Number of posts : 3347
    Registration date : 2006-08-12

Post by A & K Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:31 pm

Villa have done well with Makoun and Bent. Makoun's a good player but needs to be more consistant.
    Sunderland did well buying Stephane Sessegnon and getting Muntari on loan. Sessegnon had a great season for P.S.G last year and Juventus and other big clubs were after him. This year he did absolutely fuk all so the coach, P.S.G ex tough player, told him he was stupid guy and several other bad things. Lol. Therefore, he decided to leave the club during the winter break. He can certainly score gaols so let's see if he can do well for Sunderland.
    I wonder how are Obafemi Martins, Roque Santa Cruz, Robbie Keane and Eidur Gudjohnsen will do? but I won't be surprised if they all fail (maybe Keane won't).
    It will be interesting to see how Kalkuta, Sturridge and Vela do on loan. This will show if they are good or not.

Edin Dzeko, Suarez, Torres are obviously the main attractions. Ben Arfa will be back soon and I am sure he can do some great things with Newcastle.
    I will keep an eye on Mauro Formica, Demba Ba. I've heard quite a few good things about Formica because he was supposed to sign for Monaco, but at the very last moment he decided to sign for Blackburn. He is apparently an "outstanding talent".
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Sgoater1 Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:53 pm

I agree with Deb about Brum, they have done well with Martins and Bentley and Davies isnt bad either.

I think West Ham have done ok and with their strikers they have more fire power than their rivals but i dont know if they are good enough at the back and if they could have done better than O'Neill in the midfeild...they should have got O'Hara if he was available.

I think Muntari was a good addition to Sunderland but they lost Bent so that good works undone.

Although he has only played at lower league level i think Puncheon could do well for Blackpool, he has good technique and if given a chance could surprise a few. Hard to know if they have done enought to stay up...i guess you cant judge them off their signings on paper or else they would be bottom of the league at this stage instead of mid table.

I think Chelsea have sent out a message that they wont give up their title without a fight. I think they needed this injection to push them back into the title race as they looked like a side low on confidence. Suddenly back to back away wins scoring 8 goals and the addition of two top class players means they are ready to go all out to win the league. I think everyone will be interested to see how they fit everyone together int oa system but i think we will start to see the best of Torres once again.

I take it U*d have decided to wait till the summer to spend their money (after making promises to Rooney) as the winter is a tough time to spend.....either that or they are still skint Smile

I think Liverpool are now a work in progress, i fully expect them to finish 6th/7th and King Kenny to get the job full time. I think Suarez will do well and although i think Carroll is overrated he could form a good partnership with him. I think idealy they need one or two wingers and maybe a defender and thats why i think they are a work in progress as i think they will look to add them in the summer. They clearly got ripped off signing Carroll but if the team does well and he contributes than not one Liverpool fan will care.

As for us im very happy with Dzeko he will give us something different and i think he will a success. If your talking about £50m Torres and £35m Carroll i think £27m for him is decent enough but he will take another month before we start to see the best of him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:58 pm