Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
worms.
Glenarch of the Glen
Isco Benny
7 posters

Alex Ferguson: I'm a phenomenon

Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Alex Ferguson: I'm a phenomenon Empty Alex Ferguson: I'm a phenomenon

Post by Isco Benny Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:06 pm

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/7458695/Sir-Alex-Ferguson

Ferguson: I'm a phenomenon

Sir Alex Ferguson has referred to himself as a "phenomenon", but admits he has mellowed to deal with "more fragile human beings" these days.

The Manchester United manager has been in charge at Old Trafford for 25 years, and when asked in an interview with The New York Times if anyone would repeat that feat, Ferguson said: "I don't think so. I'm a phenomenon."

He continued: "I have certainly mellowed. There's no question about that. It's a more fragile human being that I am dealing with today than 25 years ago.

"They are cocooned by modern ideas, modern parents, modern agents, and they are cocooned by their own image at times.

"It's a different world for me, so I have to change myself to adapt to that. I have changed because of these things.

"One thing I've learned in the last decade is delegation. In the early days, I was involved with scouting, coaching, youth everything. You can't do that for a long period of time."

Ferguson went on to lay down the law about who the top dog at Old Trafford was: "You have to remember that the most important person at Manchester United is the manager.

"The minute a footballer becomes more important than the manager, your club is dead. The history of the club goes down the drain. I am the most important man at Manchester United. It has to be that way."

Of the Glazers, he said: "I have had a great relationship with our owners. They never bother me. They never ask questions, they never phone me and they never interfere with my job. I am in a privileged position."

And when asked if there was a time when he would 'burn out and leave', Ferguson said: "I'll give everyone a tip here: retirement is for young people, not older people. Young people can do something else. When you're older and you've been on that treadmill for length of time I have been on it, if I get off that treadmill, where do you think I am going? Down there. Trust me. Retirement is for young people. When you get older, don't retire."

Well, is he? Or are the refs all Ferguson cock sluckers?
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Alex Ferguson: I'm a phenomenon Empty Re: Alex Ferguson: I'm a phenomenon

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:49 pm

where do you think I am going? Down there.

either he knows he is going to hell, or when he retires he's going to suck off a journalist. Possibly both.
    worms.

Number of posts : 5010
    Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
    Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
    Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:58 pm

IMO he literally sold his soul to the devil for success,the fact he done it at a club with the picture of the devil on their badge is no coincidence.

The fact that the one club with the devil on there badge are now arguably the biggest club in the world is no coincidence either.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:02 pm

Fergie=GOAT

Devil
    Pras_tama
    Pras_tama

Number of posts : 2101
    Supports : Manchester United & Indonesia NT
    Favourite Player : Scholes
    Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Pras_tama Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:59 am

Més que un club wrote:IMO he literally sold his soul to the devil for success,the fact he done it at a club with the picture of the devil on their badge is no coincidence.

The fact that the one club with the devil on there badge are now arguably the biggest club in the world is no coincidence either.

Devils live in hell, and hell > heaven because hell is where the good things exist e.g whores, sluts, booze etc etc while in heaven you'll see monks, priests etc etc

So.. make friend with the devils cheers
    worms.

Number of posts : 5010
    Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
    Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
    Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:13 am

Pras_tama wrote:
    Més que un club wrote:IMO he literally sold his soul to the devil for success,the fact he done it at a club with the picture of the devil on their badge is no coincidence.

Devils live in hell, and hell > heaven because hell is where the good things exist e.g whores, sluts, booze etc etc while in heaven you'll see monks, priests etc etc

So.. make friend with the devils cheers

Alex Ferguson: I'm a phenomenon Helllakeoffire

Yeee lets go to hell looks great doesn't it,I don't think there will be any booze though.
    Bashmachkin
    Bashmachkin

Number of posts : 2374
    Registration date : 2007-02-09

Post by Bashmachkin Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:57 am

Given the vivid redness of his nose, and his various other irritating characteristics, Ferguson seems a particularly notable example of a phenomenon; and I, and I'm sure many other posters, would like to attempt towards proving the materiality of phenomena by firmly thumping that very same nose.

It's interesting, especially given the transfer story he leaked to the press earlier in the month, that Ferguson here seems to implicitly categorise Wayne Rooney as a pampered, self-pampering, in some ways impotent, Philipp Lahm-esque metrosexual.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:49 pm

While we're on the subject and all...anyone else remember this advert???? The 90s! Ale