Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+56
gone
Balls Grayson
Yef
Deluded F*ck™
Sgoater1
kolee33
Juligen
Protheus
Lordanger
Murray
Calidad
Cesc Soler
Historicus
EM Seleção e Selecção
The Easter Bunny
Batman
TheCrazy58
shazlx
Fey
Rosicky
Tweesus
Sheffield gunner
Hem fet un mal partit
DeLux
The Pröfessör
forza_rossi
golsud
Nightwing
Torrente
The-Frank-Tavern
DS
Luso
L.r.d
S4P
robert
COTR
toon h
lrdsucksgoats
Super Progress
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Luis
Jaime
Machiavel
christmasborocooper
fcb
Glenarch of the Glen
Axeslammer
The Bulk
110%
Dick Grayson
Roger Hunt
Parks lives
Dwarf
Chocolate Thunder
Ricardo Jol
Football Genius
60 posters

Ronaldo off to Spain....

Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Ronaldo off to Spain.... Empty Ronaldo off to Spain....

Post by Football Genius Fri May 16, 2008 9:38 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7404089.stm

Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo says he may consider his future at the club after next week's Champions League final.

The 23-year-old, who has scored 41 goals in a superb season, has been linked with a move to Real Madrid.

"I'm very happy here but let's see after the Champions League final what happens," Ronaldo told Spanish TV at United's training ground.

"I feel at home here. I've been here five years but the future, we'll see."

He added: "I've said a million times I'd like to play in Spain but dreaming is one thing, reality is another. I don't know."

Ronaldo collected the Football Writers' Association award on Thursday, part of a clean sweep of the English player-of-the-year prizes this season.

606: DEBATE
    What do you make of Cristiano Ronaldo's comments?
    The Portugal international signed a contract extension last year to keep him at Old Trafford until 2012.

Speaking in January, Manchester United chief executive David Gill told Football Focus: "There's no chance of us selling him, no way, whatever the bid.

"Cristiano signed a new contract last season to 2012 and we are not a selling club."

And selling the club's leading scorer would not sit well with last week's statement from Gill outlining plans to further improve the squad over the summer.

"We will certainly be in a position where, if we can improve it, we will," Gill told MUTV.

However, Real Madrid have made no secret of their desire to sign Ronaldo, with their coach Bernd Schuster describing Ronaldo as "the best player in the world" earlier this year.

On Wednesday, Miguel Angel Arroyo, Real Madrid's general director, said: "We have the solvency and the financial liquidity to be able to take on a signing of the magnitude of Cristiano Ronaldo.

"It would be economically beneficial due to the merchandising that would arise from it."

Real have signed big names from United in recent seasons, with David Beckham and Ruud van Nistelrooy both moving from Old Trafford to the Bernabeu.

Could the ECL final be his last game?
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Ronaldo off to Spain.... Empty Re: Ronaldo off to Spain....

Post by Ricardo Jol Fri May 16, 2008 9:44 am

I say ....Next year... Liverpool will certainly win the premiership...
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Fri May 16, 2008 9:46 am

RicardoJol wrote:I say ....Next year... Liverpool will certainly win the premiership...

To next year Very Happy <Ale>
    Dwarf

Number of posts : 7502
    Supports : Operation Puerto
    Favourite Player : Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Dwarf Fri May 16, 2008 9:59 am

Part exchange with Robinho and Nutter's won't be seen again. Now for it to happen.
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Parks lives Fri May 16, 2008 10:01 am

New low for BBC.

Sun copy Marca's article, BBC copies the sun's. Very Happy
    Dwarf

Number of posts : 7502
    Supports : Operation Puerto
    Favourite Player : Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes

Post by Dwarf Fri May 16, 2008 10:23 am

Parks lives wrote:New low for BBC.

Sun copy Marca's article, BBC copies the sun's. Very Happy

A new low for the British media you mean, unless Marca for once aren't lieing.

Manchester United midfielder Cristiano Ronaldo has hinted he may reconsider his future at Old Trafford after the Champions League final. (various)

Usually, when the Beeb puts various in it's gossip column, in means two or three papers. I've just made a quick check of the newspapers that are running the story on there websites as one of the major headlines in the sporting section. This time every national paper that covers sport has that story.
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115

Post by Roger Hunt Fri May 16, 2008 10:32 am

So in other words it'd be pretty remiss of the BBC not to report it in a column which is basically newspaper gossip.
    Dick Grayson
    Dick Grayson

Number of posts : 5265
    Supports : AC Milan, RM and MU (82-09)
    Favourite Player : DB7 Becks CR7 TRW
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Dick Grayson Fri May 16, 2008 10:33 am

Dwarf wrote:Part exchange with Robinho and Nutter's won't be seen again. Now for it to happen.
    Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Fri May 16, 2008 10:34 am

I've seen the interview and he seemed insistent to point out that "anything can happen". That he was happy at manu but no-one knows the future, and that his dream is to one day play in spain.

If a player has no intention to move in the immediate future then he would say he would stay at least for the time being, but he was very much for the "no-one knows the future except god, and anything can happen", even when asked if he would be there next year.

So it is quite normal to wonder if he will go, especially if real were stupid enough to put in a bid of say 60-70 million or something.
    The Bulk
    The Bulk

Number of posts : 1961

Post by The Bulk Fri May 16, 2008 10:36 am

But they've got his statement in quotes on the BBC website. This is more than gossip.

Straight from the horse's mouth (no, not Ruud's):

"I'm very happy here but let's see after the Champions League final what happens," Ronaldo told Spanish TV at United's training ground.

He added: "I've said a million times I'd like to play in Spain but dreaming is one thing, reality is another. I don't know."

Presumably, if it was recorded for Spanish TV, the report will eventually be disseminated, and, when that occurs, the Spanish posters on here can confirm or refute the veracity of the BBCs translation.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Fri May 16, 2008 10:42 am

He knows he can't expect loyalty from the club, so why not leave on his own terms....

....hmmm, maybe he's smarter than I thought after all ok
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Fri May 16, 2008 10:44 am

this is all very similar to the Beckham situation.

Everyone in England will remember the I've had talks business.
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Fri May 16, 2008 10:50 am

The Quiet Earth wrote:But they've got his statement in quotes on the BBC website. This is more than gossip.

Straight from the horse's mouth (no, not Ruud's):

Presumably, if it was recorded for Spanish TV, the report will eventually be disseminated, and, when that occurs, the Spanish posters on here can confirm or refute the veracity of the BBCs translation.

I saw an english version, but I didn't see the first 2 quotes above. The third one yes, and a lot of "no-one kows the future, anything can happen"
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Fri May 16, 2008 11:14 am

I posted this a few days ago, and also mentioned these quotes he had made, yet was laughed off. As is usual for interviews given to press from different countries, it takes a while for it to disseminate to other countries and languages.

What do you say now, Man. Utd. fans lol!
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Fri May 16, 2008 11:14 am

Heard the 1st and 3rd quotes this morning ok
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Fri May 16, 2008 11:25 am

kas wrote:I posted this a few days ago, and also mentioned these quotes he had made, yet was laughed off. As is usual for interviews given to press from different countries, it takes a while for it to disseminate to other countries and languages.

What do you say now, Man. Utd. fans lol!

About what? Erm

Let me know when he says he is moving.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Fri May 16, 2008 11:29 am

A boot in his head..a boot in his head..he'll get in a boot in his fucking head ok
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Post by Football Genius Fri May 16, 2008 11:49 am

He could always play for Liverpool - it would be 'like' playing in Spain - without the sun and sangria granted Ale
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Fri May 16, 2008 2:09 pm

No surprise Ronaldo is saying this now; he just wants a better contract and will get one. I expect him to one day play in Spain (probably for Barça..)
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Post by Football Genius Fri May 16, 2008 2:16 pm

f@ck knows why he wants to leave, Barcelona are in transition and Real Madrid play shite football...

Problem is, United can't keep buckling to these demands, i mean hes had what 2 / 3 new contracts in the last 2 years?

One day United will have to say enough is enough - you're earning shed loads and winning trophies already stop being a greedy pr!ck Ale
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Fri May 16, 2008 2:17 pm

Then a boot to the head Ale
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Fri May 16, 2008 2:25 pm

I'm not really interested in paying a ridiculous fee for him, which, at this point, is what it would take. So hopefully he stays in Manchester. ok
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Fri May 16, 2008 2:27 pm

Jaime wrote:I'm not really interested in paying a ridiculous fee for him, which, at this point, is what it would take. So hopefully he stays in Manchester. ok

Why not? What's money to Madrid? Buy him and you're guaranteed to win the league next season again and probably go very far in Europe as well.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Fri May 16, 2008 2:32 pm

Luis wrote:
    Jaime wrote:I'm not really interested in paying a ridiculous fee for him, which, at this point, is what it would take. So hopefully he stays in Manchester. ok

Why not? What's money to Madrid? Buy him and you're guaranteed to win the league next season again and probably go very far in Europe as well.

Apparently we've got the money but if we sign him it would most likely be our only signing and I think our defence needs to be improved and we still don't have a suitable replacement for RVN.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Fri May 16, 2008 2:32 pm

Luis wrote:

He probably will unbalance things.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Fri May 16, 2008 2:34 pm

Il Raifael wrote:
    Luis wrote:

He can single handedly destroy any team, he's up there with the best we'll ever see in football, I'd pay 100 million + for him to be honest, give him the ball and he'll win you a football match.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Fri May 16, 2008 2:34 pm

Il Raifael wrote:
    Luis wrote:

That too...we've managed to create a great spirit in the team, post-galatico, and I don't know if anyone wants to revisit that experiment right now.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Fri May 16, 2008 2:38 pm

Jaime wrote:
    Il Raifael wrote:
    Luis wrote:

That too...we've managed to create a great spirit in the team, post-galatico, and I don't know if anyone wants to revisit that experiment right now.

Post- Galáctico era Real have done well, I still think you guys need a new Quinta del Buitre

Raul: 'don't change things, don't destroy this team'., The idea for Real is to get new players - but not Cristiano Ronaldo kind of players…

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Fri May 16, 2008 3:46 pm

IMO, Ronaldo should wait at least till he turns 26 to move to Spain. With that said, I think he will be gone next year, especially if United win the CL.

Personally, I think United have the perfect environment for his growth. If he takes a year or two to adapt to La Liga, he will lose some crucial time. He has a good thing going--why wreck it?
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Fri May 16, 2008 4:26 pm

Hopefully this is just a ploy to get a new contract. We do need a right winger and he is a good player but he isnt worth the money for what he can offer currently.also he owes Man utd and Ferguson a year or two more before he leaves. the thing is that i can see him coming this summer. Doh

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:27 pm