Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Mistletoe.
Tweesus
forza_rossi
Deluded F*ck™
Isco Benny
Nightwing
Football Genius
Batman
12 posters

Will Sir Alex Ferguson win his 9th league title this season?

Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Will Sir Alex Ferguson win his 9th league title this season? Empty Will Sir Alex Ferguson win his 9th league title this season?

Post by Batman Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:08 pm

Will Sir Alex Ferguson win his 9th league title this season? Saffx9

in celerbration of Sir Alex Ferguson 20th Anniversary as Manchester Uniteds manager, i would like to ask the question to rival fans, do you think Sir Alex Ferguson will win the Premiership this season?

in the summer i wasn't impressed with SAF transfers, so at the start of the season i was hoping Man Utd could win the league but now i believe we can win the league.

Man Utd have the best attack in the league and the best defence. If Chelsea win there next 2 league games

Sat, 11th November - Watford (H)
    Sat, 18th November - West Ham (H)

and Man Utd win there next 2 games in the league.

Sat, 11th November - Blackburn (A)
    Sat, 18th November - Sheff Utd (A)

so when Man Utd play Chelsea on the 26th November, if Man Utd win then they will have a 6 point lead at the top of the Premiership.

Barclays Premiership 2006/07 - ODDS

Chelsea - 8/11
    Man Utd - 6/4
    Arsenal - 9/1
    Liverpool - 25/1

Chelsea's main aim this season will be to win the Champions League and i would be happy if SAF made the Premierships his number 1 priotery this season instead of the Champions League.

Your views on this matter?

Last edited by on Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Cesc

Will Sir Alex Ferguson win his 9th league title this season? Empty Re: Will Sir Alex Ferguson win his 9th league title this season?

Post by Cesc Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:13 pm

Batman as an Arsenal fan it pains me to say that Man Utd are better equiped than the rest of us to wrestle the Prem crown away from Chelsea. So far you have played good and efficient football grindling out results when needed too, something we have been unable to do of late. Your first choice team is very sound however the only worry would be the reserves available - If I was a Utd fan I would be very anxious every time O'Shea and Silvestre step on the pitch.

I am not looking to far into the fixtures at this stage we are still in early days yet. Your Chelsea match will be a real yardstick to your season.
    waft the

Will Sir Alex Ferguson win his 9th league title this season? Empty Re: Will Sir Alex Ferguson win his 9th league title this season?

Post by waft the Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:15 pm

As I've said all season, I think Utd will be champions. They are a wonderful team.
    L r d

Post by L r d Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:16 pm

Dont like to get ahead of ourselves batman, we keep crushing teams and we shall see Very Happy
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Football Genius Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:16 pm

I hope you lot win it if we or Arsenal can't

Just so long as Chavski dont win it
    Luis

Post by Luis Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:18 pm

I think Chelsea will win it, overall they have the bigger and better squad
    Nightwing
    Nightwing

Number of posts : 4563
    Supports : Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : The Red Wiz (C.Ronaldo)

Post by Nightwing Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:18 pm

waft the hapless youth wrote:As I've said all season, I think Utd will be champions. They are a wonderful team.

Ale

Juve - admired adversairies of old! Ale

Always my fave team from Italy! ok

(Del Peiro = Legend! ok)
    Nightwing
    Nightwing

Number of posts : 4563
    Supports : Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : The Red Wiz (C.Ronaldo)

Post by Nightwing Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:20 pm

Football Genius wrote:I hope you lot win it if we or Arsenal can't

Just so long as Chavski dont win it

:cough>cough:

Jesus - i am overwhelmed by the good will - from a L'pool fan too! Ale
    L r d

Post by L r d Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:20 pm

I remain thoroughly unconvinced. I can't remember a season where United have remained as consistently dominating throughout like Chelsea the last 2 years.

Up until a few seasons ago they were notorious for their strong run-ins from January onwards. This season they seem to have started the year like that... If they're still doing it come Feburary then I think they'll win t.
    Batman
    Batman

Post by Batman Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:21 pm

Arsenal v Liverpool will be a HUGE game on Sunday. Arsenal have 18 points with a game in hand. Liverpool have 17 points.
    Luis

Post by Luis Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:21 pm

who ever wins will be back in with a shout IMO
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Football Genius Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:22 pm

I have respect for Manchester United, something i shall never have whilst Roman Abramovich bankroll's Chelsea.
    L r d

Post by L r d Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:22 pm

Luis wrote:who ever wins will be back in with a shout IMO

Laugh Nah, but keep hoping if it keeps you happy Biggrin
    Cesc

Post by Cesc Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:23 pm

l r d wrote:

Look at the League Table all it takes is a few results.
    Luis

Post by Luis Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:23 pm

as we saw at the weekend l r d chelsea can drop points, and if they can so can you..
    L r d

Post by L r d Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:25 pm

Cesc-Fab wrote:
    l r d wrote:

Look at the League Table all it takes is a few results.

With your game in hand, if you win, then have an outside chance, but anything else then it's game over for both of you <Ale>
    Luis

Post by Luis Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:26 pm

Liverpool 3-3 Milan

nothings over till its over Very Happy
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:27 pm

Man Utd = best team in the league so far, playing best football. If they carry on then nobody can begrudge them the title <Ale>
    waft the

Post by waft the Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:29 pm

Football Genius wrote:I have respect for Manchester United, something i shall never have whilst Roman Abramovich bankroll's Chelsea.

Ditto.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:45 pm

Until the next big game Rolling Eyes

Everyone it's wide open. After this Liverpool have some decent fixtures.
    Batman
    Batman

Post by Batman Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:27 pm

Ji-sung Park will be a big boost for Man Utd when comes back from injury. it will mean less chance of Richardson or Fletcher playing on the wings. Hopefully Smith can find his form and there is always a chance of new signings in Jan.
    forza_rossi
    forza_rossi

Number of posts : 2563

Post by forza_rossi Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:20 am

Yes Park will be a real Boost. He is expected to come back late december i suppose so it will be like a new signing.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tweesus Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:18 am

No he won't.

Chelsea will come good after Christmas. All Man Utd need is one crucial industry and they could start to lose games. Remember that at present you have your strongest squad, will you still be able to do it in a bad patch of form and with a few injuries? I doubt it...
    Mistletoe.

Number of posts : 758
    Supports : Benfica.........likes Millwall e U.A.Povoense
    Registration date : 2006-09-08

Post by Mistletoe. Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:56 am

This season, I think, will be a really close race. But, I think that Chelsea will just win it.
    I don't except this idea that clubs, managers or players concentrate thier efforts on one competition. They are all, even players for teams like Millwall, professional athletes, that enter every game determind to win. ( Just that Millwall are shit, and tend to loose mostly)
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115

Post by Roger Hunt Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:05 am

Tweedledum wrote: All Man Utd need is one crucial industry and they could start to lose games.

What like the revival of the Lancashire cotton industry?
    Mistletoe.

Number of posts : 758
    Supports : Benfica.........likes Millwall e U.A.Povoense
    Registration date : 2006-09-08

Post by Mistletoe. Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:10 am

Roger_Hunt wrote:
    Tweedledum wrote: All Man Utd need is one crucial industry and they could start to lose games.

What like the revival of the Lancashire cotton industry?

Oh tweeds. Doh Laugh Laugh
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:10 am

I was thinking more of processed linen...

Doh

I'm in work mode...
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:12 am

If we beat Chelsea in 3 weeks I'll say yes, until then I'm just hoping.

Park will be a welcome return and hopefully a new midfield signing will come in January. As most people have said, our first team is fine, its the back up that worries me.
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115

Post by Roger Hunt Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:20 am

My view is, as Fergie said 2 seasons ago, every team has a slump at some point in the season. Man U have started very strongly but there's a way to go yet.

If they are top after Christmas they'll be in with a shout and it should be an interesting run-in.
    poiuy1

Number of posts : 2654

Post by poiuy1 Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:50 pm

You mean like last season when we had Scholes out for the second half of the season arguably our most important player

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 2:40 am