Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+29
Super Progress
TheCrazy58
S4P
Pirlo
rosenthal
Bashmachkin
Rosicky
christmasborocooper
ERIK LAMELA
Murray
Fey
Cristiano
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
debaser
Puro
Sheffield gunner
blutgraetsche
The Chosen Glenn
COTR
Pierre Littbarski
Kimbo
Jaime
Luis
110%
Deluded F*ck™
Antarion
Isco Benny
bluenine
Kroos
33 posters

Europa Leauge 2012/13 - the last 32

Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Europa Leauge 2012/13 - the last 32  - Page 2 Empty Re: Europa Leauge 2012/13 - the last 32

Post by Kroos Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:28 pm

i watch leverkusen

3:1 anzhi

no surprise, hannover is just shit right now, no defence at all
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal

Europa Leauge 2012/13 - the last 32  - Page 2 Empty Re: Europa Leauge 2012/13 - the last 32

Post by Sheffield gunner Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:31 pm

Bad couple of minutes for Liverpool.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:32 pm

Kroos wrote:i watch leverkusen

No worries, they'll score another one and win the tie at home... Wink
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:33 pm

And that's our season over. Knives will come out for Rodgers now, not from me mind.
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:34 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
    Kroos wrote:i watch leverkusen

No worries, they'll score another one and win the tie at home... Wink

maybe

they are an inferior united side, clinical as hell
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:36 pm

Luis wrote:And that's our season over. Knives will come out for Rodgers now, not from me mind.

Stop being such a wuss. Just score an away goal and spank them at home. Russians don't travel well...
    Luis
    Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:38 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
    Luis wrote:And that's our season over. Knives will come out for Rodgers now, not from me mind.

Stop being such a wuss. Just score an away goal and spank them at home. Russians don't travel well...

You do realise we're Liverpool? We don't do anything how it should be done. Without Sturridge and Coutinho we're relying entirely on Suarez and if they score at Anfield are we going to score 4? Are we fuck.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:41 pm

I do realise you are Liverpool. You have more history than all those nouveau riche Russian clubs combined. Where is the pride? Teams used to shit their pants when they traveled to Anfield, you have to get there again. And going by the match against Chelsea recently, those times may come back again in near future.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:46 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:I do realise you are Liverpool. You have more history than all those nouveau riche Russian clubs combined. Where is the pride? Teams used to shit their pants when they traveled to Anfield, you have to get there again. And going by the match against Chelsea recently, those times may come back again in near future.

Rolling Eyes
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:51 pm

What? This defeatist nonsense gets on my nerves. Who the fuck is Anzhi, seriously? Who is Zenit compared to Liverpool? All these Oligarch clubs have no identity and history, fuck 'em.
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:53 pm

$230 CA$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop

Thank you Zenit!!!! <Ale> <Ale> <Ale>

The obtuse ones will never be aware that Liverpool's biggest win has been against 11th ranked WEST HAM!

They don't even know that Laudrup is doing a lot more at Swansea than Rodgers ever did there. CA$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$HHHHHHHHHHHHHH <Ale> <Ale> <Ale>
    The Chosen Glenn
    The Chosen Glenn

Number of posts : 3795
    Registration date : 2012-03-22

Post by The Chosen Glenn Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:53 pm

Another game where I felt we were crying out for Andy Carroll
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:56 pm

Puro wrote:The obtuse ones will never be aware that Liverpool's biggest win has been against 11th ranked WEST HAM!

they'd struggle not to be aware of that given how often that stat has been repeated lately!
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:58 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:What? This defeatist nonsense gets on my nerves. Who the fuck is Anzhi, seriously? Who is Zenit compared to Liverpool? All these Oligarch clubs have no identity and history, fuck 'em.

History doesn't win games, why should anyone other than Liverpool care about their history or be in the slightest bit intimidated? No one's scared of Nottingham Forest.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:05 pm

Nottingham is not relevant anymore, Liverpool still is. History and identity don't win games, that's true, but they are motivation and obligation. A club with such a successful past like Liverpool can not accept their current standing, history demands that they get back on track and become strong again. That's why big clubs have been successful for decades, centuries. Success breeds new success. Identity grows organically and can not be bought.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:10 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Nottingham is not relevant anymore, Liverpool still is. History and identity don't win games, that's true, but they are motivation and obligation. A club with such a successful past like Liverpool can not accept their current standing, history demands that they get back on track and become strong again. That's why big clubs have been successful for decades, centuries. Success breeds new success. Identity grows organically and can not be bought.

I know you mean well, blut, but you must understand that Liverpool are a club with no ambition of late. We hired Rodgers! FFS!

On the other hand, look at Southampton. They are a club who want to achieve things. They removed a very limited coach (even though he had a good run prior to his firing, we all knew he has a very short ceiling) and hired Pochettino. Now that's a club with ambition. NOT Liverpool!
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:16 pm

I don't know if Rodgers is the answer, Liverpool fans have more insight. But what I do know is that Liverpool's management has the obligation to think long term, create a proper concept / plan and stick to it if they truly believe in it. It makes no sense to fire managers every season if you want to rebuild the club. Sometimes, patience is important.
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:20 pm

annoyed

totally undeserved lead for benfica, stupid counter
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:21 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:I don't know if Rodgers is the answer, Liverpool fans have more insight. But what I do know is that Liverpool's management has the obligation to think long term, create a proper concept / plan and stick to it if they truly believe in it. It makes no sense to fire managers every season if you want to rebuild the club. Sometimes, patience is important.

<Ale>

Once you hire a manager, you gotta give him at least 2 seasons to see how he is building the team. It takes 2-3 transfer windows for a manager to assemble a squad which can express his style.

Liverpool could do worse than sticking with Rodgers for a while, even if better managers are available in the summer.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:24 pm

Stupid Napoli, resting key players again... No Hamsik, no Inler, with Insigne & Behrami injured. FIGC should just ban them from Europa League - if they are not interested, let someone else play...
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:29 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:I don't know if Rodgers is the answer, Liverpool fans have more insight. But what I do know is that Liverpool's management has the obligation to think long term, create a proper concept / plan and stick to it if they truly believe in it. It makes no sense to fire managers every season if you want to rebuild the club. Sometimes, patience is important.

I'm unsure if Rodgers is the answer but it makes no sense whatsoever to sack him after 1 season. If he had spunked 80 million up the wall like Kenny did then fair enough or if our tactics were negative, like Roy.

Rodgers has brought in some good young players for the future like Sturridge and Coutinho. He's also made a bit of a hash of things by bringing in Allen and Borini, who look like flops and not exactly cheap flops at that.

I suspect we'll finish 6th or 7th still, which isn't great but is better than last season. We aren't going to be good in Europe again until we get the players able to compete at that level, not average players like Downing or babies like Sterling. We've been awful in Europe since Rafa left because he was tactically brilliant in that ball park and even when we started to lose key players those tactics remained the same and gave us a better chance through discipline. There is no discipline with the current team; it's a free for all at times. That can either be very good when you thrash teams 5-0 or go horribly wrong when you miss chances and then collapse when the defence are out of position or make mistakes. We've seen it go wrong too many times this season for me.

The domestic cup performances have been terrible compared to last season but they are always a gamble: one year you might go all the way in one or both, the next you go out in the first round of entry, that's cup competition for you.

Rodgers should be safe if the owners have sense but nothing in the past suggests they are patient men or indeed wise men so it wouldn't surprise me if we become the next Chelsea for sacking managers.

Last edited by Luis on Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:29 pm

Inter:

Handanovic;
    Nagatomo, Silvestre, Ranocchia, Pereira;
    Cambiasso, Kovacic, Gargano;
    Guarin;
    Milito,Cassano

Inter bench: Belec, Zanetti, Juan, Jonathan, Alvarez, Benassi, Palacio

Strama is serious about the EL, good for him. Good to see Kovacic get a start, though a little disappointed to see Alvarez not getting a start... He should have started over Cassano IMO.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:33 pm

Kroos wrote:annoyed

Benfica are superior to Leverkusen historically and in the present. If the result holds, that could be two Bundesliga teams KO in the Europa League.

I was always against the Bundesliga getting a fourth CL place due to the league's exploits in the UEFA/Europa League competition. WTF! if that's where they got their points, give them an extra spot in the Europa League!!! NOT in the CL!!!

Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:38 pm

FFS! the strength in depth in La Liga is simply spectacular. Mid-table Levante is utterly destroying Greece's 'super team' Olympiacos, the same team who were one goal from knocking out Arsenal in this season's CL. And, it looks like Olympiacos are playing their strongest team too. Shocked
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:39 pm

Puro wrote:
    Kroos wrote:annoyed

Benfica are superior to Leverkusen historically and in the present. If the result holds, that could be two Bundesliga teams KO in the Europa League.

I was always against the Bundesliga getting a fourth CL place due to the league's exploits in the UEFA/Europa League competition. WTF! if that's where they got their points, give them an extra spot in the Europa League!!! NOT in the CL!!!

LOL don`t delude yourself, in comparison to the Serie A, die Bundesliga collects since several years more points in the CL aswell

also bayern and dortmund are one of the favourites to win the title
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:47 pm

Kroos wrote:
    LOL don`t delude yourself, in comparison to the Serie A, die Bundesliga collects since several years more points in the CL aswell

also bayern and dortmund are one of the favourites to win the title

Kroos, what are you watching at 3pm or in 15m? I want to watch Atlético vs. Rubin K. but there's also Newcastle vs. Metalist (who are out to counter the shite out of Newcastle, Pardew may not know what hit him) and Tottenham vs Lyon AND M'gladbach vs. Lazio...you know that thingy German team vs. Italian team how it usually ends up. Biggrin <Ale>

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:48 pm

bluenine wrote:Stupid Napoli, resting key players again... No Hamsik, no Inler, with Insigne & Behrami injured. FIGC should just ban them from Europa League - if they are not interested, let someone else play...

I want Fiorentina to destroy them this weekend. Even if it means Juve will surely win the Scudetto. Hate this attitude...it starts from ADL and trickles down to everyone. Napoli have a decent enough team but not good enough to win the Scudetto. Shitheads.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:48 pm

The issue that I imagine annoys Liverpool fans about Rodgers - and opposing fans- is the level of delusion he appears to convey in his post match comments.

I understand the need for a coach not to criticize his players in public, but there is room for some constructive honesty.

Again tonight, he mentioned they were at one point playing "the perfect away performance". After West Brom he was banging on about ehat a shame it was it had halted their great run (a couple of draws). Going back to when they played us, he was making stupid comments about how Gerrard was borderline assaulted in the box. His catchphrase after most games, whether won or lost, seems to be "we were magnificent".

Now I know most managers talk a lot of shit in general, but Rodgers takes it to a new level.

What his team need publicly and privately is some harsh, honest words. Liverpool fans surely don't want to hear how magnificent they were each time they lose. It sounds hollow, and he is now in real danger of becoming a parody character, if he wasn't already after that series he filmed.

Personally, think he should be given next season max. Then move for Laudrup Ale
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:51 pm

bluenine wrote:Stupid Napoli, resting key players again... No Hamsik, no Inler, with Insigne & Behrami injured. FIGC should just ban them from Europa League - if they are not interested, let someone else play...

There's no strength in depth in most Serie A teams unlike with La Liga teams such as Levante who rested some starters but it didn't matter, the subs came on and throttled Olympiacos who gave Arsenal all they could handle in the CL.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:56 pm

Disco Benny wrote:The issue that I imagine annoys Liverpool fans about Rodgers - and opposing fans- is the level of delusion he appears to convey in his post match comments.

I understand the need for a coach not to criticize his players in public, but there is room for some constructive honesty.

Again tonight, he mentioned they were at one point playing "the perfect away performance". After West Brom he was banging on about ehat a shame it was it had halted their great run (a couple of draws). Going back to when they played us, he was making stupid comments about how Gerrard was borderline assaulted in the box. His catchphrase after most games, whether won or lost, seems to be "we were magnificent".

Now I know most managers talk a lot of shit in general, but Rodgers takes it to a new level.

What his team need publicly and privately is some harsh, honest words. Liverpool fans surely don't want to hear how magnificent they were each time they lose. It sounds hollow, and he is now in real danger of becoming a parody character, if he wasn't already after that series he filmed.

Personally, think he should be given next season max. Then move for Laudrup Ale

It was embarrassing for Liverpool. Rodgers OUT! BIELSA IN!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:43 pm