Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+39
Allez les rouges
Axeslammer
shazlx
stinger
COTR
Murray
Hlebagone
110%
MightyBarca
bluenine
Deluded F*ck™
ERIK LAMELA
Xavier
The Pröfessör
Juligen
christmasborocooper
S4P
Pierre Littbarski
Cristiano
DD
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
debaser
Kimbo
TM
The Chosen Glenn
Fey
TheCrazy58
Isco Benny
Rosicky
Super Progress
Antarion
Kroos
Balack was Coward
Puro
messiah
Romford Pele
Effenberg
Luis
Jaime
43 posters

Champions League Semi Finals Thread

Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Champions League Semi Finals Thread Empty Champions League Semi Finals Thread

Post by Jaime Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:16 pm

Champions League Semi Finals Thread 50037 FC Bayern München vs FC Barcelona Champions League Semi Finals Thread 50080

Champions League Semi Finals Thread 52758 BV Borussia Dortmund vs Real Madrid CF Champions League Semi Finals Thread 50051

Last edited by Jaime on Wed May 15, 2013 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jaime
    Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Champions League Semi Finals Thread Empty Re: Champions League Semi Finals Thread

Post by Jaime Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:23 pm

Nuri Sahin returns to the Bernabeu!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crazy
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Champions League Semi Finals Thread Empty Re: Champions League Semi Finals Thread

Post by Luis Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:53 pm

Boss draw. All Spanish final please.
    Effenberg
    Effenberg

Number of posts : 3975
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Effenberg Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:54 pm

Both German teams at home first. Conspiracy!

(Oh wait, we're not Spanish so we'll just play and not complain.)

Anything's possible. Bayern/Barca is as 50/50 as it gets. At this point in the season, I see Madrid as a little stronger than Dortmund, but that doesn't mean they'll win. Let's face it, you don't win the CL without a good dose of luck. Or, in Chelsea's case, a huge helping of it.

Enjoy the matches. It's not often that the best four teams are actually the last four teams standing.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:59 pm

Effenberg wrote:Both German teams at home first. Conspiracy!

Anything's possible. Bayern/Barca is as 50/50 as it gets. At this point in the season, I see Madrid as a little stronger than Dortmund, but that doesn't mean they'll win. Let's face it, you don't win the CL without a good dose of luck. Or, in Chelsea's case, a huge helping of it.

Enjoy the matches. It's not often that the best four teams are actually the last four teams standing.

Ale
    messiah
    messiah

Number of posts : 3084
    Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:00 pm

Midfield power
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:00 pm

Effenberg wrote:Both German teams at home first. Conspiracy!

Ale

Agree with all of this, but for the record - Jose is Portuguese.

Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:56 pm

For the sake of society, I hope Barça and Madrid don't make it together to Wembley.

America -north and south- will be split in half, España will be a hot cauldron. The ramifications of that potential final are too great and very critical for everyone involved including the fans...there may be suicides. Shocked
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:19 pm

Someone asked Jupp if he is gonna call Pep for advice. Laughing
    Balack was Coward
    Balack was Coward

Number of posts : 1283
    Supports : FC Barcelona, Liverpool FC, Valencia, Malaga, PSG, Lazio, Zenit St Petersburg, Spain, Uruguay, Russia
    Favourite Player : Zlatan , Busquets, Banega, Isco, Goldado, Camacho, Xavi, Joaquín, Javi Martinez, Iniesta, Alonso, Canales, Robben, Messi, Forlan, Neymar, Müller, Ramos, Riquelme, Messi, Cavani, Falcao, Lucas Leiva, Diego Perez, Villa, Miccoli, Puyol : Favourite managers - Guardiola and Pellegrini
    Registration date : 2013-04-08

Post by Balack was Coward Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:48 pm

Jaime wrote:Someone asked Jupp if he is gonna call Pep for advice. Laughing

lol! He's won a CL before.
    Balack was Coward
    Balack was Coward

Supports : FC Barcelona, Liverpool FC, Valencia, Malaga, PSG, Lazio, Zenit St Petersburg, Spain, Uruguay, Russia
    Favourite Player : Zlatan , Busquets, Banega, Isco, Goldado, Camacho, Xavi, Joaquín, Javi Martinez, Iniesta, Alonso, Canales, Robben, Messi, Forlan, Neymar, Müller, Ramos, Riquelme, Messi, Cavani, Falcao, Lucas Leiva, Diego Perez, Villa, Miccoli, Puyol : Favourite managers - Guardiola and Pellegrini

Post by Balack was Coward Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:49 pm

Would a El Classico CL Final be the biggest game in the history ofclub football? I think so, can't get better than that.
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:58 pm

Zlatan's little helper wrote:Would a El Classico CL Final be the biggest game in the history ofclub football? I think so, can't get better than that.

not in terms of quality, in terms of team spirit and tactic i rate both german clubs higher
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:01 pm

Zlatan's little helper wrote:Would a El Classico CL Final be the biggest game in the history ofclub football? I think so, can't get better than that.

Most certainly! without a doubt!

And, the cherry on the cake is Wembley / London, the hub of the propaganda that reaches every corner in the world.

It's a game that may only happen in one's lifetime, the ramifications of a negative result may be fatal for some people, too much to cope with since the chance for revenge as in another match in another final is extremely low.

The winners will be forever remembered as legends and the losers... What a Face
    Balack was Coward
    Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:19 pm

Kroos wrote:

not in terms of quality, in terms of team spirit and tactic i rate both german clubs higher

Lol you make out Real and Barca are two average teams!!! What have Dortmund done to be considered better than Barca? Bayern need to beat Barca and win the CL if they are to be considered the best.
    Antarion
    Antarion

Number of posts : 3382
    Supports : Germany, Bayern
    Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
    Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:29 pm

compared to me everything feels average. Smile but back on topic i agree that no one has a tactical edge. barca still the team to beat. still dont like same country games on int level
    Antarion
    Antarion

Number of posts : 3382
    Supports : Germany, Bayern
    Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
    Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:37 pm

klopp was taking a shower at the time the draw was made. now the question everyone wants to know: does he shower with his glasses on?!
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:42 pm

I agree with Kroos who managed to turn the answer "yes Real Madrid-Barcelona is the biggest Cl final" into "but it would still be better with Germans in it". Well done <Ale>

However I agree with Kroos' point which is that both Dortmund+Bayern Munich are more cohesive teams and both have a better balance between attack and defence. In terms of quality I think Bayern is as good as Barcelona+Real Madrid.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:06 pm

Eleven days to go. cheers
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:54 pm

Zlatan's little helper wrote:
    Kroos wrote:

Lol you make out Real and Barca are two average teams!!! What have Dortmund done to be considered better than Barca? Bayern need to beat Barca and win the CL if they are to be considered the best.

not average, but both declined

Madrid was last year stronger, and barca too

i see bvb and bayern as the better teams
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:19 pm

Puro is right, the amount of glory hunting fuckos in Latin America in insane. Worse than in asia IMO. I have yet to see a shirt which is not Barcelona or Madrid i have been here 3 weeks lol!

Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:24 pm

Rosicky wrote:Puro is right, the amount of glory hunting fuckos in Latin America in insane. Worse than in asia IMO. I have yet to see a shirt which is not Barcelona or Madrid i have been here 3 weeks lol!

WTF!

South Americans made Spain what it is today in football. From thousands of players to coaches teaching the Spanish how to play football since the 1930's.

It's like if you adopt a child and teach him and watch him grow and be successful. Aren't you going to continue rooting for him after you spent so much time and effort and energy! WTF, chins! Why do you think Spain have the best technique in Europe? Do you think England taught them? FFS!

I personally have a soft spot for Barça because more Peruvians played there than for Real Madrid. For instance, Miguel Loayza, Juan Seminario, Pedro Aicart, Hugo Sotil. Champions!
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:38 pm

Puro wrote:
    Rosicky wrote:Puro is right, the amount of glory hunting fuckos in Latin America in insane. Worse than in asia IMO. I have yet to see a shirt which is not Barcelona or Madrid i have been here 3 weeks lol!

WTF!

South Americans made Spain what it is today in football. From thousands of players to coaches teaching the Spanish how to play football since the 1930's.

It's like if you adopt a child and teach him and watch him grow and be successful. Aren't you going to continue rooting for him after you spent so much time and effort and energy! WTF, chins! Why do you think Spain have the best technique in Europe? Do you think England taught them? FFS!

I personally have a soft spot for Barça because more Peruvians played there than for Real Madrid. For instance, Miguel Loayza, Juan Seminario, Pedro Aicart, Hugo Sotil. Champions!

FFS don't you know your basic history??

The English were the first to take football to South American and show the unwashed how to play it with rules. Fair enough, 100 years later most South Americans still don't understand how the rules work, but they certainly learnt how to play. Well, most of those countries bar the odd one or two who never qualify for World Cups like Peru.

Meanwhile, it's them South Americans who are adopted Spaniards, not the other way around. You remember them Conquestadors coming down there kicking your asses and seeding your women right? It's not a fucking coincidence you all speak Spanish / Portuguese FFS!

Jesus wept, send Puro back to school says i! lol!
    Balack was Coward
    Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:32 am

Kroos wrote:
    Kroos wrote:

Dortmund better than Barca lol!

They are lucky they beat Malaga, do you really think Barca would be 20 points behind Bayern in the league like Dortmund are? Malaga shown that if you take away Dortmund's counter attack they are half the team,a bit like what United did to Real Madrid.Dortmund looked clueless against Malaga and 99 times out of 100 Di Michales wouldn't have missed a simple header for the 1st goal and Dortmund wouldn't have been awarded one of the most laughable "goals" I have ever seen.Those two goals were total flukes.

Champions League Semi Finals Thread 559946_10152700438600034_1484492194_n

Malaga were defending with a perfect back line and the linesman totally fucks them over and suddenly 4 Dortmund players are behind their defense.What a disgrace of a decision, wouldn't be surprised if the linesman was told Dortmund had to win or bottled it in front of their fans.Message to all remaining CL contestants, play the offside trap at your peril.

It will be forever remembered as the ROBBERY IN THE RHINE-RUHR, ain't that right Puro?

Barca can play more than one way,teams set up against Barca with 10 men behind the ball on a regular basis and 9 times out of 10 they still win.Plus they have better players than Dortmund all over the pitch(apart from CB) and have much more experience.
    Balack was Coward
    Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:44 am

Madrid vs Dortmund should be interesting anyway,the two best counter attacking teams in the world.Something tells me it will be very cagey with both teams trying to hit the other on the break,the team with the less possession will have the advantage in this one!
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:29 am

Kroos wrote:
    Kroos wrote:

Dortmund better than Barca lol!

They are lucky they beat Malaga, do you really think Barca would be 20 points behind Bayern in the league like Dortmund are? Malaga shown that if you take away Dortmund's counter attack they are half the team,a bit like what United did to Real Madrid.Dortmund looked clueless against Malaga and 99 times out of 100 Di Michales wouldn't have missed a simple header for the 1st goal and Dortmund wouldn't have been awarded one of the most laughable "goals" I have ever seen.Those two goals were total flukes.

Champions League Semi Finals Thread 559946_10152700438600034_1484492194_n

Malaga were defending with a perfect back line and the linesman totally fucks them over and suddenly 4 Dortmund players are behind their defense.What a disgrace of a decision, wouldn't be surprised if the linesman was told Dortmund had to win or bottled it in front of their fans.Message to all remaining CL contestants, play the offside trap at your peril.

It will be forever remembered as the ROBBERY IN THE RHINE-RUHR, ain't that right Puro?

Barca can play more than one way,teams set up against Barca with 10 men behind the ball on a regular basis and 9 times out of 10 they still win.Plus they have better players than Dortmund all over the pitch(apart from CB) and have much more experience.

check your facts

if dortmund would have converted all there 100 % chances then both games would have ended 5:2

malaga has also a better tactical defensive organisation then madrid, i agree that they showed some nerves in dortmund, because everyone expected a win, against madrid it`s different, they will be outsider

just look at the midfield from dortmund

götze 20 years
    reus 23
    bender 23
    gündogan 22

young but technically and tactically not inferior to the real madrid players

dortmund is just 20 points behind because they focus on the cl, and bayern is playing there best season in there history, barca will feel it

barca has become lazy, the work rate from bayern and bvb is better, real madrid and barca rely too much on ronaldo and messi

bayern will pressure barca high up the pitch, then they look as ordinary as every team, they are only in god mode when the opponent is parking the bus
    Balack was Coward
    Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:05 am

Barca always up their game on these occasions though, people calling Bayern the best team in world will motivate them even more for this tie.I expect Barca to press as hard and organized as they did against Milan in the 2nd leg. I agree that in general they have become lazy, especially Messi but I reckon they will go full out against Bayern.They shown against Milan that they can still press as well as any team in the world, including Bayern.
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by TheCrazy58 Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:55 am

Let's see this brilliant banner again

Champions League Semi Finals Thread Article-2306522-19340B40000005DC-622_964x509
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:21 pm

Malaga were outplayed in the first leg but they completely stiffled Dortmund in the second. They won because of some hoofing which was not a bad strategy when you have that horrific defender called Demichelis. It was no fluke that he messed up because he stinks. He had already missed one header during the game if I remember correctly that almost lead to a goal. And he messed up both the last two goals and probably a little at fault for the first one as well. Not to mention that Eliseu was offside as well so while the decisions for the last goal were embarrassingly bad and you wonder is going on, it doesn't change they both got something from the ref.
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:03 pm

i rerun the 1st half, malaga only focused on defending in the first half, they did a really good job

malaga had two chances in the first half, one was the goal, and one was the header

otherwise they closed down the space and allowed dortmund to keep the ball, BVB never had so much possession before in an cl game

malaga has a world class coach, and they conceded just 6 goals, they had the best defence in the CL

i still have to rewatch the 2nd half, i only remember the 2 big chances from götze and reus

compared to malaga, madrid has far better players, but i am also sure that they will give dortmund more space, i expect a 50:50 in terms of possession, and here is the big plus for dortmund, for me they have the better tactical setup

madrid has never convinced me when they have to make the game
    Balack was Coward
    Balack was Coward

Post by Balack was Coward Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:47 pm

Demichelis has great positioning,a good tackler and is good on the ball but he always has a mistake in him.Against Dortmund he was great over the 2 legs then he in inexplicably misjudges a simple lobbed ball and jumps under it.Typical Demichelis.I think he just has poor concentration which is eventually punished at CL level.

"And he messed up both the last two goals"

How was Demichelis at fault for Dortmunds third goal? He was in perfect line with the rest of the Malaga defense playing the Dortmund players offside, how is it his fault if somebody crosses it to a Dortmund player who is a yard offside and in front of him?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:37 pm