Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+49
Since 1888
Dwarf
Deano
mongrel hawk
Nightwing
Kimbo
bluenine
TM
Super Progress
christmasborocooper
golsud
Axeslammer
debaser
Rosy
Hardrada
Batman
Oleguerisntthatbad
Superpippa
The Easter Bunny
La Saeta Rubia
Keano Is God
Deluded F*ck™
Effenberg
Brian2468
COTR
Ricardo Jol
Puro
Isco Benny
theflyingfrenchman
chrissicross
robert
The Pröfessör
d gorgeous one haz spoken
Calidad
Fey
Romford Pele
Machiavel
Tweesus
Football Genius
Lordanger
Mistletoe.
Owen Thomas
TITO
TheCrazy58
Tom
fcb
toon h
Roger Hunt
Parks lives
53 posters

Barcelona v Chelsea (The European Classic) (Oct 18 & 31)

Rosy
    Rosy

Number of posts : 2047
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Barcelona v Chelsea (The European Classic) (Oct 18 & 31) - Page 35 Empty Re: Barcelona v Chelsea (The European Classic) (Oct 18 & 31)

Post by Rosy Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:38 pm

Effenberg wrote:Weren't refs supposed to give yellow cards to people waving imaginary cards this season?

I thought that too. Is it only British fans who don't like card waving and don't like diving? On SKY Sports they had Graham Souness, Michael Laudrup and Ruud Gullit discussing diving. They agreed that it was cheating but that in many countries it is regarded as 'being clever' and part of the game. The latter two said they used to get stick from fans in some countries for playing honestly (which they said they always did).
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Number of posts : 7180
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Barcelona v Chelsea (The European Classic) (Oct 18 & 31) - Page 35 Empty Re: Barcelona v Chelsea (The European Classic) (Oct 18 & 31)

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:49 pm

Diving I don't approve of, especially when it is not even a foul, exaggerating, is not commendable, but bearable.. Card waving, I don't care..
    S4P

Post by S4P Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:20 pm

Oleguerisntthatbad wrote:Diving I don't approve of, especially when it is not even a foul, exaggerating, is not commendable, but bearable.. Card waving, I don't care..

I would say card waving is worse than diving (unless it's diving to win a penalty)
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Super Progress Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:33 pm

i dont really care to much about waving cards, because refs should be strong enough to have their own opionen.allthough crowding the ref with more then 2 players is not acceptable.
    S4P

Post by S4P Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:42 pm

Uefa is "sure" to investigate the match between Chelsea and Barcelona, says its president Lennart Johansson.

Ten bookings led to players surrounding the referee, who was confronted at the end by Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard.

"I cannot deny that we have been sleeping by not taking action earlier," said Johansson after the latest stormy Champions League tie between the sides.

"I'm sure now things will happen as it was so obvious and the people we had in place who saw it will report it."

Chelsea can expect a fine because any team picking up five or more bookings in a game is automatically punished.

The size of the fine and any penalty for Rijkaard will depend on the reports of referee Stefano Farina and Uefa match delegate Wolfgang Thierrichetr.
    Uefa is keen to stamp out players surrounding the referee during a match and may decide to make an example of both clubs as well as Rijkaard.
    "I'm against this behaviour but I don't make the decisions, they are taken by the disciplinary bodies," said Johansson.

Uefa communications director William Gaillard said on Wednesday: "We may openan investigation if there are a large amount of cards, if other incidents are mentioned by the referee or Uefa match delegate or if either team files a complaint.

"We will examine the reports when we receive them and see if there is anything that would lead to an investigation being opened."
    Barcelona could also be in trouble after their fans are thought to have hurled bottles at the Chelsea players.

The incident took place when the Premiership side's players applauded the travelling supporters in the top tier of the Nou Camp after the final whistle.

Blues midfielder Frank Lampard said: "I knew things were raining down but none of them hit me.

"There was a bit of banter with the Spanish fans and that was good."
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Number of posts : 7180
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:44 pm

Funny how this thread is now 52 pages long!!

@S4P no hard feelings, and hopefully we will meet again in May..
    S4P

Post by S4P Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:48 pm

Oleguerisntthatbad wrote:Funny how this thread is now 52 pages long!!

@S4P no hard feelings, and hopefully we will meet again in May..

You too Ale

I have really enjoyed the back to back games over the past fortnight (not only because of the results), but because of the banter and even the arguments too

Best of luck Ale
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:47 am

supermadrid(zizou legend) wrote:i dont really care to much about waving cards, because refs should be strong enough to have their own opionen.allthough crowding the ref with more then 2 players is not acceptable.

ok

Very good point...judging by the amount of abuse Barcelona players get for doing that, you'd think the ref doesn't know how to issue cards and will do exactly what he's told by a player.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:20 pm