Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
mongrel hawk
theflyingfrenchman
Mistletoe.
COTR
Since 1888
christmasborocooper
toon h
Football Genius
Kroos
13 posters

germany and brazil, the best 2 teams at the moment

Poll

brazil vs. germany

[ 9 ]
    germany and brazil, the best 2 teams at the moment Bar_left64%germany and brazil, the best 2 teams at the moment Bar_right [64%] 
    [ 1 ]
    germany and brazil, the best 2 teams at the moment Bar_left7%germany and brazil, the best 2 teams at the moment Bar_right [7%] 
    [ 4 ]
    germany and brazil, the best 2 teams at the moment Bar_left29%germany and brazil, the best 2 teams at the moment Bar_right [29%] 

Total Votes: 14
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

germany and brazil, the best 2 teams at the moment Empty germany and brazil, the best 2 teams at the moment

Post by Kroos Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:58 pm

of course
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool

germany and brazil, the best 2 teams at the moment Empty Re: germany and brazil, the best 2 teams at the moment

Post by Football Genius Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:03 pm

Just a quick reminder Deisler, correct me if im wrong but it was neither Germany nor Brazil who won the famous global footballing prize 'The World Cup'

Infact neither reached the final ! Doh

Clueless as ever my german freind Laugh
    toon h
    toon h

Number of posts : 8715
    Supports : FC Barcelona

germany and brazil, the best 2 teams at the moment Empty Re: germany and brazil, the best 2 teams at the moment

Post by toon h Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:10 pm

underwater hockey should be in the off-topic, Deisler.
    S4P

Post by S4P Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:15 pm

some things never change Rolling Eyes
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:26 pm

one of the worst threads you've ever made Deisler. If not the worst
    Since 1888
    Since 1888

Number of posts : 5171
    Supports : Sparta Rotterdam
    Favourite Player : Sepp de Roover

Post by Since 1888 Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:14 am

*yawn*
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:41 am

borocooper wrote:one of the worst threads you've ever made Deisler. If not the worst
    ok

the brainpower of a flea
    Mistletoe.

Number of posts : 758
    Supports : Benfica.........likes Millwall e U.A.Povoense
    Registration date : 2006-09-08

Post by Mistletoe. Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:35 am

A somewhat poor Wiind-up thread, and yet still 6 people voted..............
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:09 am

no wind up, only reality
    theflyingfrenchman
    theflyingfrenchman

Number of posts : 4290
    Supports : BWFC, France, Rennes, Auxerre, Lorient
    Favourite Player : Diouf, Anelka, Diagne-Faye, Henry, Toulalan
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by theflyingfrenchman Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:15 am

The fact is France and Italy own you both. So shut up you lamewad.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by mongrel hawk Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:16 am

ok Ale Ale Ale

envy is a disgrace.

Deisler wrote:no wind up, only reality
    L r d

Post by L r d Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:16 am

germany and brazil, the best 2 teams at the moment Dick-Van-Dyke--C10043817
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:36 am

Deisler wrote:no wind up, only reality
    germany and brazil, the best 2 teams at the moment Giveashit
    Ä
    Ä

Number of posts : 11028
    Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:05 pm

Deisler might be on to something

it's impossible to tell though

--------------------------------

Brazil will always get the benefit of the doubt; question remains

WHY ?

they were poor at the World Cup and are now in a period of transition

there is no way to place them amongst the top two AS OF RIGHT, so closely after Germany 2006

then you have Italy and France: nobody in his right mind would say that Donadoni's Italy are amongst the TOP FOUR in the World right now

France "sauf" ZZ and Co are blowing hot and cold; more cold than hot though I'm afraid

so, who else is there ?????

Holland ? Rolling Eyes

Spain ? Crying or Very sad

the Africans ? Neutral

Portugal ? scratch

Argentina, so convincingly defeated by Brazil in London ? Erm

England ? lol! lol! lol!

-----------------

if you combine World Cup performance + games ever since, THE IN-FORM TEAM in the world right now is

GERMANY

this is undeniable

in other words, them Teutons should be on pole for the title of best international team right now

the trouble is that to make such a claim I would like to have more evidence, ie victories by the Mannschaft against the "other" BIG FOUR (Brazil, France, Italy and Argentina)

in the meantime , it should be enough to KNOW that we are the BEST, without having to shout it from the rooftops of this God-forsaken place Biggrin
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson

Post by The Easter Bunny Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:26 pm

oto should write for the german bbc
    Mistletoe.

Number of posts : 758
    Supports : Benfica.........likes Millwall e U.A.Povoense
    Registration date : 2006-09-08

Post by Mistletoe. Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:51 pm

Otto, you made me change my mind......
    It's not a pathetic feeble attempt at a wind-up....
    It's just a strange question, why should there be a choice? There is no one to compare to the mighty Germany at this moment.
    theflyingfrenchman
    theflyingfrenchman

Number of posts : 4290
    Supports : BWFC, France, Rennes, Auxerre, Lorient
    Favourite Player : Diouf, Anelka, Diagne-Faye, Henry, Toulalan
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by theflyingfrenchman Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:02 pm

How are we blowing more hot than cold? We've played the best football in the past four years.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:45 pm

theflyingfrenchman wrote:How are we blowing more hot than cold? We've played the best football in the past four years.

ok

I have no doubt that the French are a better side than Germany. A loss to the Scots is what he means by blowing "cold". But forgets the 3-1 humbling of the Italians a month earlier too.

France are the best side in the World based on longevity of playing to a high standard, not a couple of months of success which the germans have had off the back of their own WC.
    Stiftung Haeschentest
    Stiftung Haeschentest

Number of posts : 2314
    Supports : Deutschland
    Registration date : 2006-08-30

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:36 pm

The Real White Pele wrote:
    France are the best side in the World based on longevity of playing to a high standard, not a couple of months of success which the germans have had off the back of their own WC.

Did I miss something? Based on longevity of playing to high standards France is the best side in the world? What's your definition of longevity? They've played a very good WC but that's all they've achieved since 2000.
    As Otto already said it, due to a lack of competitive matches between the big teams it's hard to say who's the best right now, but Italy has won the WC that's all we have to know. Italy is the best! Period!
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:11 pm

Ballmädchen wrote:

Did I miss something? Based on longevity of playing to high standards France is the best side in the world? What's your definition of longevity? They've played a very good WC but that's all they've achieved since 2000.
    As Otto already said it, due to a lack of competitive matches between the big teams it's hard to say who's the best right now, but Italy has won the WC that's all we have to know. Italy is the best! Period!

What have Germany achieved since 2000? Terrible in 2000, hardly played well in 2002 (USA/handball let off anyone?), terrible in 2004, infact pretty terrible up until the start of the WC, bar a decent performance at the confed cup (competition that France themselves owned each time they played in it),

I have no doubt Germany are a slick side at the moment, but Deisler's suggestion they and Brazil are the 2 best sides in the World.... lbased on what?
    Stiftung Haeschentest
    Stiftung Haeschentest

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:16 pm

Ballmädchen wrote:

What have Germany achieved since 2000? Terrible in 2000, hardly played well in 2002 (USA/handball let off anyone?), terrible in 2004, infact pretty terrible up until the start of the WC, bar a decent performance at the confed cup (competition that France themselves owned each time they played in it),

I have no doubt Germany are a slick side at the moment, but Deisler's suggestion they and Brazil are the 2 best sides in the World.... lbased on what?

Did I mention Germany in my post? Germany was crap in 2000 and only slightly better in 2004.
    I'm only querying your statement that France is the best side though they haven't achieved much since they've won the EC in 2000.

And only because Deisler is German doesn't mean I have to agree with him. He's a childish attention-seeking wum and you are intelligent enough to know this.
    As I said it before, for me Italy is the best side because they are the World Champions; whether they will be the best in 2008 is another question but right now they are the well deserved winner which entitles them to be called the best.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:27 pm

Ballmädchen wrote:
    Ballmädchen wrote:

Did I mention Germany in my post? Germany was crap in 2000 and only slightly better in 2004.
    I'm only querying your statement that France is the best side though they haven't achieved much since they've won the EC in 2000.

And only because Deisler is German doesn't mean I have to agree with him. He's a childish attention-seeking wum and you are intelligent enough to know this.
    As I said it before, for me Italy is the best side because they are the World Champions; whether they will be the best in 2008 is another question but right now they are the well deserved winner which entitles them to be called the best.

I was aiming my reply more at Deisler Dove Rose

My personal opinion is that France, having been in 3 finals in the last 8 years, are certainly worthy of the title of the best side in the World. Naturally things change from day to day, but the French have consistently done well since 1998. That also includes two Confed Cup victories I believe, hardly massive prestige, but in my mind the number of players the French have playing in the top clubs in the top leagues all over the World make them very much on a par with Brazil.

Italy- well, France outplayed Italy for most of the final in all honesty. I still am a little unsure quite how they arent Champions. And whilst Italy are a top team, Im inclined to believe that if the two were to play each other say 10 times, France would win the majority of those. Thats simply my own personal opinion.

Germany? Deisler is right to mention Germany's incredible rise over the last 2 years. They are a good side indeed. Who knows in 2008?
    Stiftung Haeschentest
    Stiftung Haeschentest

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:14 pm

I was aiming my reply more at Deisler

Dove Sorry, didn't wanna offend you. sunny

My personal opinion is that France, having been in 3 finals in the last 8 years, are certainly worthy of the title of the best side in the World. Naturally things change from day to day, but the French have consistently done well since 1998. That also includes two Confed Cup victories I believe, hardly massive prestige, but in my mind the number of players the French have playing in the top clubs in the top leagues all over the World make them very much on a par with Brazil.

I agree with you, the French team is full of talented players and it's safe to say that they were one of the best teams in the last 10 years, but I think after 2000 they've played a bit below their best, especially in the WC2002.

Italy- well, France outplayed Italy for most of the final in all honesty. I still am a little unsure quite how they arent Champions. And whilst Italy are a top team, Im inclined to believe that if the two were to play each other say 10 times, France would win the majority of those. Thats simply my own personal opinion.

After Italy kicked us out of the tournament I was of course rooting for France in the final and I was a bit disappointed that Italy has won it, but I think they are earning respect for their triumph. Even though France was the better side, I agree with you on that btw, Italy wasn't bad either and sometimes not the best but the squad with a bit more luck in the decisive moments is the champion and on that day it was Italy, who was a bit luckier.
    IMO it's just stupid to start few months after the WC a discussion about who has the best national team. For one thing you just can't compare the teams at the moment and for another thing who cares who's the best right now. It's not important to have the best team now but in two years.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:45 pm