Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Hlebagone
Antarion
Isco Benny
debaser
Glenarch of the Glen
Ricardo Jol
COTR
Ä
dont panic!
Stiftung Haeschentest
toon h
Kroos
16 posters

germany has the best starting 11 from all teams

Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

germany has the best starting 11 from all teams Empty germany has the best starting 11 from all teams

Post by Kroos Wed May 28, 2008 7:04 am

i am talking from individuals, not from balanced or teamspirit (there we are still top), maybe not in all positions, but in the most poistions we have players who could play in any team

and the depht of the squad is also very good, dont understand people who are talking italy and france have better squads, both are ageing sides, most of them over there prime

LEHMANN ---- we all know he will be there when it counts

lahm------ no better option in the world
    metze/merte --- perfect partnership, tall, both players with vision and positional play
    jansen------- weakest point in the defence, but talented as hell

frings/ballack--- the best partnership in world football, and the best central midfield in the world
    schweini---------always brilliant for germany, 2 classes better than for bayern
    the right midfield---the weakset point, no real class player, but some players who would give there life and so will they play

klose/gomez/poldi --- the biggest depth in world football of quality strikers, especially for WC and EC this players simply perfect
    toon h
    toon h

Number of posts : 8715
    Supports : FC Barcelona

germany has the best starting 11 from all teams Empty Re: germany has the best starting 11 from all teams

Post by toon h Wed May 28, 2008 7:08 am

why do some Germans feel this constant need to hype themselves up? Is it a measure of their insecurity? Do they want to feel loved and feel that this is one way to do it?

and... is this Deisler?
    Stiftung Haeschentest
    Stiftung Haeschentest

Number of posts : 2314
    Supports : Deutschland
    Registration date : 2006-08-30

germany has the best starting 11 from all teams Empty Re: germany has the best starting 11 from all teams

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest Wed May 28, 2008 7:42 am

lol! courageous comment after yesterday's match, Deisler. You know the saying: Hochmut kommt vor dem Fall! Question Ah, well, probably not. Wink
    dont panic!
    dont panic!

Number of posts : 965
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by dont panic! Wed May 28, 2008 8:03 am

Toni Kroos wrote:i am talking from individuals, not from balanced or teamspirit (there we are still top), maybe not in all positions, but in the most poistions we have players who could play in any team

and the depht of the squad is also very good, dont understand people who are talking italy and france have better squads, both are ageing sides, most of them over there prime

LEHMANN ---- we all know he will be there when it counts

metze/merte --- perfect partnership, tall, both players with vision and positional play
    jansen------- weakest point in the defence, but talented as hell

frings/ballack--- the best partnership in world football, and the best central midfield in the world
    schweini---------always brilliant for germany, 2 classes better than for bayern
    the right midfield---the weakset point, no real class player, but some players who would give there life and so will they play

klose/gomez/poldi --- the biggest depth in world football of quality strikers, especially for WC and EC this players simply perfect

jocolor
    dont panic!
    dont panic!

Post by dont panic! Wed May 28, 2008 8:05 am

toon h wrote:why do some Germans feel this constant need to hype themselves up? Is it a measure of their insecurity? Do they want to feel loved and feel that this is one way to do it?

and... is this Deisler?

his favourite player has hardly ever played..

says it all really..
    Ä
    Ä

Number of posts : 11028
    Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä Wed May 28, 2008 8:05 am

shipshap

what's happening

you are not coming out of your bunker , now are you

Smile
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by COTR Wed May 28, 2008 8:12 am

You are so lucky you have deisler otto to put your thoughts into a more eloquent format

P.S What do 'normal' Germans think about the team. You are not normal just in case you try and tell me your views again
    dont panic!
    dont panic!

Post by dont panic! Wed May 28, 2008 8:13 am

26-Otto-19 wrote:shipshap

what's happening

you are not coming out of your bunker , now are you

Smile

for a few weeks yes..ill be back inside in time for the EM though..dont worry..seeing all those red black and gold flags is just a little too much for my sensitive soul..
    Ä
    Ä

Post by Ä Wed May 28, 2008 8:17 am

I live in Munich and have only see ONE SINGLE flag on a car yet

it's ridiculous really, how unpatriotic Germans are these days
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Post by Ricardo Jol Wed May 28, 2008 8:17 am

@COTR and his question about "normal" Germans...

They believe they'll win it. They are not talking about if the reach the final but they are talking about who they like to meet in the final...

Favourite to all Germans is Italy because then they can take revange for the undeserved loss at the World Cup 2006.

Last edited by RicardoJol on Wed May 28, 2008 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    dont panic!
    dont panic!

Post by dont panic! Wed May 28, 2008 8:17 am

COTR wrote:You are so lucky you have deisler otto to put your thoughts into a more eloquent format

P.S What do 'normal' Germans think about the team. You are not normal just in case you try and tell me your views again

plenty of germans think like these two..that they are favourites etc and the route to the final is basically a done deal..

a lot in germany now however are saying lehmann shouldnt play at the euros..but they also know yesterday was only a friendly.
    dont panic!
    dont panic!

Post by dont panic! Wed May 28, 2008 8:20 am

26-Otto-19 wrote:I live in Munich and have only see ONE SINGLE flag on a car yet

it's ridiculous really, how unpatriotic Germans are these days

ive seen three..but i think one was a left over from the world cup judging by the state it was in..

are you going to bregenz for the tv show to see the three clowns..well..two clowns and the swiss guy..?
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Wed May 28, 2008 8:42 am

Deisler and Otto's attempts to out fruity oneanother will make interesting reading after the tournament.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Wed May 28, 2008 9:42 am

If this team turns out to be anything but the best set of footballers ever to step on the pitch together in my lifetime, I'm going to be extremely disappointed after all this HYPE.

I may never trust HYPE again.
    Ä
    Ä

Post by Ä Wed May 28, 2008 10:04 am

debaser

who's the guy in your avatar
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Wed May 28, 2008 10:33 am

26-Otto-19 wrote:debaser

Ian Holloway- ex manager of Leicester City
    Antarion
    Antarion

Number of posts : 3382
    Supports : Germany, Bayern
    Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
    Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion Wed May 28, 2008 12:47 pm

I am from Germany and think we have a good team, but certainly not the best on paper. I do love our offensive guys above most others. Defense is what iam always curious about.
    Still, I think we hace to reach the final with this team, not only because we dont face any of the big 3 from group C until then but also as a compensation for last two EC's.

Well, i am very patriotic but that doesnt meen that I think we are the best and nobody can beat us. Its just i will be super glad if it comes true Razz
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Wed May 28, 2008 2:23 pm

Senor Woody wrote:
    26-Otto-19 wrote:debaser

Ian Holloway- ex manager of Leicester City
    ok

Also, Peter Lorre.
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
    Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone Wed May 28, 2008 2:33 pm

My favourite part of this post is how Deisler has to point out that germany are also top on balance and teamspirit as well as players.

Just to be on the safe side.
    Lesley
    Lesley

Number of posts : 886
    Supports : Hamburger SV, Manchester United, Germany
    Registration date : 2008-05-14

Post by Lesley Wed May 28, 2008 4:24 pm

RicardoJol wrote:@COTR and his question about "normal" Germans...

They believe they'll win it. They are not talking about if the reach the final but they are talking about who they like to meet in the final...

Er...am I considered 'normal'?

Well, just in case, for the record: I'm not sure we'll win this.
    Actually, I think we should be extremely careful or otherwise I could even see us drop out after the group stage.

Then again, if the players really pull themselves together and manage to concentrate constantly, I could also see us reach the final.

Everything is possible here, if you ask me - from full humiliation to winning the tournament. We'll see.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Wed May 28, 2008 4:38 pm

Leslie, don't take that too seriously, that's what you have to expect from the Dutch.

For the Dutchies, it's not enough to win the support of the neutrals ("boohooo, it's so unfair, everyone is against us, everything is rigged, we are God's gift to football and should have won every tournament" etc.), they have to spread FUD and lies about the Germans also. Some things will never change. Very Happy
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Wed May 28, 2008 4:40 pm

I disagree with the fundamental point Deisler is trying to make with this post:

The Spanish have a stronger looking squad on paper for example,

ditto the Italians

The portguese are strong individually in every department, other than upfront

these 3 sides have strong looking sides on paper.

BUT, we all know that Germany are much more capable than the sum of its parts.

So unless they totally f@ck things up, there is no reason why they cannot get far, especially when you consider those crucial tight games which go to penalties and they end up winning.

One thing I would LOVE to see though would be Germany losing on a penalty shoot out. That would be incredibly dramatic and alter an age old belief in an instant (and Not because I am Anti-german before the accusations begin)

That would really set the cat amongst the pigeons
    Lesley
    Lesley

Post by Lesley Wed May 28, 2008 4:42 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Leslie, don't take that too seriously, that's what you have to expect from the Dutch.

Oh, just wanted to make sure. Never know who Ricardo actually talked to. I mean, there are some Germans, who do think that WE are God's gift to football, ever since the last world cup. Wink
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Wed May 28, 2008 4:42 pm

otto and Deisler always believed that Leslie, they don't need a WC for that. Ale
    Lesley
    Lesley

Post by Lesley Wed May 28, 2008 4:43 pm

Well, okay, that explains a lot. Laughing
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Wed May 28, 2008 4:43 pm

Senor Woody wrote:
    One thing I would LOVE to see though would be Germany losing on a penalty shoot out. That would be incredibly dramatic and alter an age old belief in an instant (and Not because I am Anti-german before the accusations begin)

Preferably to Holland Very Happy Shocked
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Wed May 28, 2008 4:47 pm

Rosicky? wrote:
    Senor Woody wrote:

Im not sure this board could take such an occassion. Imagine the fall out Laughing
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Wed May 28, 2008 4:52 pm

Senor Woody wrote:
    Rosicky? wrote:
    Senor Woody wrote:

Im not sure this board could take such an occassion. Imagine the fall out Laughing

My *heart* could not take such an occasion : it would mean that we're playing in the final against Germany....with penalties to decide ?!

Just kill me right here and now, that's more humane Ale
    Antarion
    Antarion

Number of posts : 3382
    Supports : Germany, Bayern
    Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
    Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion Wed May 28, 2008 7:59 pm

Ha ha, what are the bets on Germany losing a shootout during euros? Razz
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:43 pm

Toni Kroos wrote:i am talking from individuals, not from balanced or teamspirit (there we are still top), maybe not in all positions, but in the most poistions we have players who could play in any team

LEHMANN ---- we all know he will be there when it counts cheers

metze/merte --- perfect partnership, tall, both players with vision and positional play cheers
    jansen------- weakest point in the defence, but talented as hell cheers

frings/ballack--- the best partnership in world football, and the best central midfield in the world cheers
    schweini---------always brilliant for germany, 2 classes better than for bayern cheers

klose/gomez/poldi --- the biggest depth in world football of quality strikers, especially for WC and EC this players simply perfect cheers
    this one needed bumping sunny

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 6:35 pm