Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Torrente
Lordanger
fcb
Super Milanista!
bluenine
Pirlo
Pierre Littbarski
Puro
12 posters

MILAN - INTER

Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

MILAN   -   INTER Empty MILAN - INTER

Post by Puro Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:25 pm

WOW! What a match! I have just had my football fill for the weekend after witnessing this match. Shocked <Ale>
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

MILAN   -   INTER Empty Re: MILAN - INTER

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:40 pm

Puro wrote:WOW! What a match! I have just had my football fill for the weekend after witnessing this match. Shocked <Ale>

Great game.

I don't know why the director focused on Nesta after the 1st 2 goals as they were nothing to do with him scratch

Seedorf out performed Kaka, Gattuso and Pirlo (not for the 1st time in the last 2 seasons) so things will go quiet until Clarence has his next bad game and everyone says he should be out of the team Rolling Eyes

Mihajlovic and Vieira seemed to be arguing at the end !?

* Materazzi is comedy gold - an absolute legend.

MILAN   -   INTER Materazzi_laziointer1657_std
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
    Supports : AC Milan
    Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:40 pm

I'm too upset for words, but well done Inter, a fantastic match, incredible, a big fuck you to all the ignorants who bullshit about our league being defensive.

Congratulations Inter, probably one of the greatest EVER matches in Serie A, probably THE GREATEST DERBY as well, it was amazing stuff, incredible tension.

For Milan, once again - Dida the CLOWN and Ancelotti's ridiculous decision to revert to the 4-3-2-1 that both Kaka and Seedorf protested about and the players were never comfortable with - utter lunacy on the eve of the biggest match of the season for us.

The Scudetto is beyond us, the season in Italy for us in over, we have little chance in Europe either, the team is too fragile and insecure defensively, Ancelotti's future now must be brought into serious consideration, we should have won the Scudetto last season but threw it away, we have thrown it away this season and have not shown any sign that we can compete against the big European challengers.

I think our glorious cycle has come to an end, for four years we have been the best in Italy and Europe, now our cycle has ended, it is time to rebuild and rethink while others take their turn.

Congratulations to Inter, i had my doubts about your chances, but you have proved your worth after many problems at the start of the season. Good luck to our city rivals, you are now the top team in Milan and you deserve your time now after years of underachieving, your supporters have stuck with you and never lost their hope and beliefs. You have survived your trials, now I as an Milanisti must keep faith and hope for my team and i pray we can recover and get back to those days of glory that i was so proud and lucky to share in.

SEMPRE FORZA MILAN,

but congratulations to Inter and good luck for an exciting Scudetto race between Inter, Roma and Palermo.

<Ale>
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:43 pm

I'm not a goatee-bearded anti-racist lefty but do I detect a touch of institutionalised racism when it comes to Milan fans judging Dida and Seedorf compared with Gattuso, Pirlo, Kaka etc ?

Dida possibly at fault for Ibra's goal but he and Seedorf usually get all the stick while Gattuso, Pirlo and Kaka can dissappear from games and you hear nothing !
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:50 pm

Great game, Pirlo, awesome game. I can say that in retrospect, but from the moment Matrix got red carded, I was standing and jumping thru out the game, and it could ve gone either way...

Milan are a brilliant side, and now that Gila has found the net, you guys will have a good season. I have no doubt that Milan will finish in the top 4, tho the scudetto may be out of reach at the mo.

I hope you buy a good striker in Jan, and hope that we have an even more exciting derby in march.

This has been almost as exciting a derby as the one last year when Adriano scored the winner in injury time to make it 3-2. This is the greatest derby in the world, I am sure very few people doubt that.

Pirlo wrote:I'm too upset for words, but well done Inter, a fantastic match, incredible, a big fuck you to all the ignorants who bullshit about our league being defensive.

Congratulations Inter, probably one of the greatest EVER matches in Serie A, probably THE GREATEST DERBY as well, it was amazing stuff, incredible tension.

For Milan, once again - Dida the CLOWN and Ancelotti's ridiculous decision to revert to the 4-3-2-1 that both Kaka and Seedorf protested about and the players were never comfortable with - utter lunacy on the eve of the biggest match of the season for us.

The Scudetto is beyond us, the season in Italy for us in over, we have little chance in Europe either, the team is too fragile and insecure defensively, Ancelotti's future now must be brought into serious consideration, we should have won the Scudetto last season but threw it away, we have thrown it away this season and have not shown any sign that we can compete against the big European challengers.

I think our glorious cycle has come to an end, for four years we have been the best in Italy and Europe, now our cycle has ended, it is time to rebuild and rethink while others take their turn.

Congratulations to Inter, i had my doubts about your chances, but you have proved your worth after many problems at the start of the season. Good luck to our city rivals, you are now the top team in Milan and you deserve your time now after years of underachieving, your supporters have stuck with you and never lost their hope and beliefs. You have survived your trials, now I as an Milanisti must keep faith and hope for my team and i pray we can recover and get back to those days of glory that i was so proud and lucky to share in.

SEMPRE FORZA MILAN,

but congratulations to Inter and good luck for an exciting Scudetto race between Inter, Roma and Palermo.

<Ale>
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:56 pm

bluenine wrote:
    I hope you buy a good striker in Jan

[cough]

MILAN   -   INTER 325461_MEDIUMSQUARE
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
    Supports : AC Milan
    Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:00 pm

Bluenine,

i am proud of our rivalry, i am proud that i share a city with a true great team, a fantastic rival, there is nothing in the World to touch the Milan derby for sheer quality of football and atmosphere Ale

We have had our time of winning, now it is your turn, i am angry and upset, but you Interisti deserve your time now - you have waited long enough for it!!! Wink
    Luis

Post by Luis Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:01 pm

fantastic, loved it, i really wanted Milan to equalise at the end! sorry all inter fans Very Happy
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:12 pm

Its a rivalry of mutual respect, my friend.

You guys will bounce right back, Berlusconi will loosen his purse strings in the winter... I think Milan have as much a chance in europe as Inter, if we make it to second round that is.

Pirlo wrote:Bluenine,

i am proud of our rivalry, i am proud that i share a city with a true great team, a fantastic rival, there is nothing in the World to touch the Milan derby for sheer quality of football and atmosphere Ale

We have had our time of winning, now it is your turn, i am angry and upset, but you Interisti deserve your time now - you have waited long enough for it!!! Wink
    Super Milanista!
    Super Milanista!

Number of posts : 1774
    Supports : Milan (IE: Rossoneri, Diavoli)
    Registration date : 2006-10-10

Post by Super Milanista! Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:12 pm

Bluenine, as much as i love to hate that team- Inter. i must say you are a great Interista. I appreciate the way you talk about them (milan)and it's always great to see an interista talking about the milan without blasting them.
    Well done to inter, a great game, full of everything a derby requires. see you in march Wink
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:37 pm

No offence, but the mutual respect between your teams and constant player inter-trading, is what diminishes the reputation of your rivalry in the eyes of others. Not saying that these 2 are bad things, but just pointing out that it's what probably lowers the rank of the Milan derby relative to other derbies.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:44 pm

Thanks, superpippo. It was a great derby and its a great rivalry, football will be less interesting without it!! Look forward to the next derby, but till then the bragging rights are ours, as per the norm Wink

And I don't always blast Milan... like we interesti love to say - we were very fond of Milan when they were in Serie B Wink

Just kidding

Supperpippo wrote:Bluenine, as much as i love to hate that team- Inter. i must say you are a great Interista. I appreciate the way you talk about them (milan)and it's always great to see an interista talking about the milan without blasting them.
    Well done to inter, a great game, full of everything a derby requires. see you in march Wink
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:56 pm

Don't get misguided by the mutual respect, my friend, this is as fierce a rivalry as any in football. And player inter-tading is a recent phenomenon not liked by any Inter fan, believe me.

Just for example, the derby d'italia (derby of Italy) between Inter and Juve has only mutual hatred - very much like Real-Barca, but no inter fan will call that a bigger game than Derby della Madonnina or what we call Il Derby (The Derby).

This derby has been fought in the semi finals of the CL, and the quarter fianls of the CL, etc... there is no parallel. Mutual respect comes from the fact that both teams are so successful in Italy and Europe, unlike most big derbies in europe where one team is much more successful than the other. Thats all.

You just have to see Il Derby once to know the importance of it to the fans and players... its like a do or die, and the players always show those emotions on the pitch. Its a battle for respect, pride, and honour... and bragging rights till the next derby. It is the grandest of them all, there are no parallels in all these respects.

kasnani wrote:No offence, but the mutual respect between your teams and constant player inter-trading, is what diminishes the reputation of your rivalry in the eyes of others. Not saying that these 2 are bad things, but just pointing out that it's what probably lowers the rank of the Milan derby relative to other derbies.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:06 pm

ok I mostly agree, just saying that sometimes it seems a little diluted.
    Lordanger
    Lordanger

Number of posts : 1519
    Supports : hairbands
    Favourite Player : Not Gerrard
    Registration date : 2006-09-27

Post by Lordanger Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:06 pm

that was an amazing game, i loved it.... it had everything! best game of footy ive seen this year.
    Torrente
    Torrente

Number of posts : 5489
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by Torrente Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:09 pm

Pirlo wrote:

I think this is a bit of a far-fetched statement given that Milan has not won anything for 2 years. It's true that you guys got to the CL final 2 years but you lost it nevertheless. A team that has been trophyless for 2 years can't be considered the best in Europe. Otherwise Madrid could have a good shout to be one of the world's best.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:05 am

Pierre Littbarski wrote:
    Puro wrote:WOW! What a match! I have just had my football fill for the weekend after witnessing this match. Shocked <Ale>

Great game.

I don't know why the director focused on Nesta after the 1st 2 goals as they were nothing to do with him scratch

Seedorf out performed Kaka, Gattuso and Pirlo (not for the 1st time in the last 2 seasons) so things will go quiet until Clarence has his next bad game and everyone says he should be out of the team Rolling Eyes

Mihajlovic and Vieira seemed to be arguing at the end !?

* Materazzi is comedy gold - an absolute legend.

Seedorf outperformed kaka?? Thats not what I saw... Kaka was the best Milan player on the park tonight IMO. Infact, I thought Seedorf was pretty average.

Vieira was pissed that he did not get substituted after getting injured... with 20 minutes to go, both Vieira and Ibra were limping, and Mancio only had one sub left... so he replaced Ibra, and Vieira limped his way for the rest of the game. He did not look very happy after the final whistle - I hope he is fit for tuesday, coz we cannot afford an injury to him while Cambiasso is out.

*Matrix is a legend, a normal day at work for him tonight:
    - got a penalty appeal against him
    - got a player yellow carded for diving
    - then deflects a goal into his own net
    - then scores one himself
    - then gets red carded to open the game at 4-1
    Welcome to The Matrix!!!!!!!!!!
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:17 am

Awesome game. Makes a mockery of the Serie A is boring tag.

More of those please
    Luis

Post by Luis Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:24 am

another example as to why Serie A should be shown more in this country!!!!!, thats far more exciting than some of the spanish toss they over hype on sky sports, dont get me wrong I like la Liga but a lot of the games are quite dull
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:40 am

Luis wrote:dont get me wrong I like la Liga but a lot of the games are quite dull

ok

I said it a few weeks ago, but there really is only so many times you can watch Barca win 3:0 and be entertained. It's great for Barca fans (I know I wouldn't be complaining if we were in a similar position), but I'm sick and tired of watching Barca roll over the dross 3:0 without any kind of fight from the opposition...

Especially when teams like Zaragoza seem to be playing great football but getting little coverage. Looking forward to watching them tonight.
    Protheus
    Protheus

Number of posts : 1816
    Supports : Futebol Clube do Porto

Post by Protheus Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:35 pm

Great game and very entertaning too. The way Milan kept fighting dispite beeing so far behind in the score is an example to many teams.

And my favorite italian team won in the end, just perfect.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:16 pm

this could be a turning point for the next couple of years. if milan doesnt get european football this year it will be hard the next couple of years.
    inter seems to have grown but again one shouldnt judge on one game no matter how big it is.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:18 pm

Luis wrote:another example as to why Serie A should be shown more in this country!!!!!, thats far more exciting than some of the spanish toss they over hype on sky sports, dont get me wrong I like la Liga but a lot of the games are quite dull

Get yourself a freeview box, or flat rate sky subscription- Football Italia is on bravo ok ok
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:47 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:I'm not a goatee-bearded anti-racist lefty but do I detect a touch of institutionalised racism when it comes to Milan fans judging Dida and Seedorf compared with Gattuso, Pirlo, Kaka etc ?

Dida possibly at fault for Ibra's goal but he and Seedorf usually get all the stick while Gattuso, Pirlo and Kaka can dissappear from games and you hear nothing !

I think it is more favouritism by the fans, media and even the manager rather than racism. Seedorf is often the best player in the milan team, but if they aren't winning and they need a goal he gets sacrificed even though pirlo or kaka are playing crap. The problem is that he has a lot of off games as well so is unreliable.

Dida has been making a lot of mistakes recently, but not as many as Nesta who is a fans/media favourite. On the plus side Nesta still looks elegant while he's f*cking it up Doh
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:01 am

TBH, Kaka has been Milan's best player this season... by a distance. Seedorf is goo done game, and pathetic in the next, tho even he has had a better season than Pirlo. But Pirlo is quite unique in his role at Milan (maybe Gourcuff could be his alternative in the long run) and hence Seedorf gets "sacrificed" more.

In the overall scheme of things over teh years, Kaka>Gattuso>Pirlo>Seedorf in terms of their contribution towards Milan's success.

Its tactical, not institutionalised racism.

Milan is full of a lot of evils (obviously!!), but racism isn't one of them Wink

110% wrote:
    Pierre Littbarski wrote:I'm not a goatee-bearded anti-racist lefty but do I detect a touch of institutionalised racism when it comes to Milan fans judging Dida and Seedorf compared with Gattuso, Pirlo, Kaka etc ?

I think it is more favouritism by the fans, media and even the manager rather than racism. Seedorf is often the best player in the milan team, but if they aren't winning and they need a goal he gets sacrificed even though pirlo or kaka are playing crap. The problem is that he has a lot of off games as well so is unreliable.

Dida has been making a lot of mistakes recently, but not as many as Nesta who is a fans/media favourite. On the plus side Nesta still looks elegant while he's f*cking it up Doh
    110%

Post by 110% Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:33 am

bluenine wrote:TBH, Kaka has been Milan's best player this season... by a distance. Seedorf is goo done game, and pathetic in the next, tho even he has had a better season than Pirlo. But Pirlo is quite unique in his role at Milan (maybe Gourcuff could be his alternative in the long run) and hence Seedorf gets "sacrificed" more.

In the overall scheme of things over teh years, Kaka>Gattuso>Pirlo>Seedorf in terms of their contribution towards Milan's success.

Its tactical, not institutionalised racism.

Milan is full of a lot of evils (obviously!!), but racism isn't one of them Wink

110% wrote:

why is it tactical if pirlo is playing rubbish and seedorf is playing well to sub seedorf?

And I don't mean only this season, it has always been happening. There have been games for example last season when seedorf was controlling the midfield and spraying passes around. Pirlo and kaka were doing nothing and milan were drawing. It got near the end of the game so the manager wanted to bring another striker on to get a win as they were chasing juve, so he took seedorf off. The striker would then score after a pass from kaka and everyone forgets that seedorf was the best player that day, and say how great kaka was. Doh

As I said he does have a lot of off games, but he doesn't get the credit when he plays well (as the first poster mentioned), and gets subbed before players playing worse than him.

It's just plain favouritism as I said.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:50 am

Coz Pirlo is the engine behind this milan, and even when the engine is struttering, you don't throw it out and get another wheel!! Some parts are NOT replaceable, unless you have an alternative on the bench. Its like if Milan did not have a substitute goalie on the bench, and Dida was playing terrible, would they take him out for another striker or would they take out seedorf?? Over dramatic example, but it does make the point.

And Kaka is Kaka. He is special. Even if he has done nothing for 80 minutes, you would want to keep him for the next 10 in hope for that inspirational pass in a split of a second that could change the game... Just like Zidane and Totti and Ronaldinho...

You can call this favouritism, or tactical reasons. Both would be true to some extent.

110% wrote:
    why is it tactical if pirlo is playing rubbish and seedorf is playing well to sub seedorf?

And I don't mean only this season, it has always been happening. There have been games for example last season when seedorf was controlling the midfield and spraying passes around. Pirlo and kaka were doing nothing and milan were drawing. It got near the end of the game so the manager wanted to bring another striker on to get a win as they were chasing juve, so he took seedorf off. The striker would then score after a pass from kaka and everyone forgets that seedorf was the best player that day, and say how great kaka was. Doh

As I said he does have a lot of off games, but he doesn't get the credit when he plays well (as the first poster mentioned), and gets subbed before players playing worse than him.

110%

Post by 110% Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:50 am

bluenine wrote:Coz Pirlo is the engine behind this milan, and even when the engine is struttering, you don't throw it out and get another wheel!! Some parts are NOT replaceable, unless you have an alternative on the bench. Its like if Milan did not have a substitute goalie on the bench, and Dida was playing terrible, would they take him out for another striker or would they take out seedorf?? Over dramatic example, but it does make the point.

And Kaka is Kaka. He is special. Even if he has done nothing for 80 minutes, you would want to keep him for the next 10 in hope for that inspirational pass in a split of a second that could change the game... Just like Zidane and Totti and Ronaldinho...

You can call this favouritism, or tactical reasons. Both would be true to some extent.

110% wrote:

Actually your point is more than overdramatic (subbing the goal-keeper for a striker), it is just plain wrong.

Pirlo goes missing for 80 mins of the game, and seedorf is doing Pirlo's job in the middle, spraying passes around, creating chances, having shots etc (like in the derby). Normally in those situations if Milan are drawing or losing they would decide to bring another striker on and sub seedorf. They would actually remove the player that has been most effective, the one who has been the engine of the Milan team in the game. They should clearly sub pirlo, who is a passenger rather than the engine.

With kaka you have a point but if you have to sub one of the players and he is playing badly then he shouldn't be immune. Taking seedorf off when he is playing well makes no sense tactically, as he contributes both to the defense and attack. He should be taken off when he plays badly.

I don't care enough to continue with this, except that I read earlier in this thread someone criticising seedorf about being a footballer when along with kaka he was milan's best player in the derby (or it looks very different in the stadium than on tv). I noticed that pirlo contributed virtually nothing yet was not taken off, nesta was awful, and cafu was knackered and none are being criticised, so my point on favouritism still stands. Even though seedorf played well he still got criticised on here Doh
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:01 pm

I guess we have different views here, coz from what I saw, Seedorf was quite ineffective in the derby... Kaka was the main threat by a distance, and Gattuso was the firepower in the midfield, even though he wasn't at his best. Both Pirlo and Seedorf were poor overall.

Seedorf was in no way playing Pirlo's role, he wasn't usually deep enough to do that... Ambrosini and Gattuso did to a little extent, but Milan really missed Pirlo in that game.

110% wrote:

Actually your point is more than overdramatic (subbing the goal-keeper for a striker), it is just plain wrong.

Pirlo goes missing for 80 mins of the game, and seedorf is doing Pirlo's job in the middle, spraying passes around, creating chances, having shots etc (like in the derby). Normally in those situations if Milan are drawing or losing they would decide to bring another striker on and sub seedorf. They would actually remove the player that has been most effective, the one who has been the engine of the Milan team in the game. They should clearly sub pirlo, who is a passenger rather than the engine.

With kaka you have a point but if you have to sub one of the players and he is playing badly then he shouldn't be immune. Taking seedorf off when he is playing well makes no sense tactically, as he contributes both to the defense and attack. He should be taken off when he plays badly.

I don't care enough to continue with this, except that I read earlier in this thread someone criticising seedorf about being a footballer when along with kaka he was milan's best player in the derby (or it looks very different in the stadium than on tv). I noticed that pirlo contributed virtually nothing yet was not taken off, nesta was awful, and cafu was knackered and none are being criticised, so my point on favouritism still stands. Even though seedorf played well he still got criticised on here Doh

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:07 pm