Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
TM
Isco Benny
Lusitan
lampiao007
La Saeta Rubia
Axeslammer
Tweesus
11 posters

Tribute To The Legend That is FIGO!

La Saeta Rubia
    La Saeta Rubia

Number of posts : 5244
    Supports : Real Madrid
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Tribute To The Legend That is FIGO! - Page 2 Empty Re: Tribute To The Legend That is FIGO!

Post by La Saeta Rubia Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:43 pm

Barça always have trouble with world class players. They always end up leaving on bad terms.
    Lusitan
    Lusitan

Number of posts : 773
    Supports : Sporting Clube de Portugal; Corinthians
    Favourite Player : Yazalde, Liedson
    Registration date : 2006-08-17

Tribute To The Legend That is FIGO! - Page 2 Empty Re: Tribute To The Legend That is FIGO!

Post by Lusitan Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:57 am

cule604 wrote:
    You don't understand what playing for Barça means and the rivalry between Barça-Madrid so there's no point in me discussing with you.

I don't think it's much different than playing for Sporting and the rivalry between Sporting and Benfica and i don't go around insulting Simão Sabrosa just because now he plays at Benfica (but i'm still mad at the Sporting directors that allowed him to move there).
    Lusitan
    Lusitan

Post by Lusitan Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:00 am

La Saeta Rubia wrote:Do you think he`s been portugals best players ever ? Ahead of Eusebio ?

I usualy avoid comparing those two as they played at very different moments in time. But he is at least the best since Eusebio.
    Luso
    Luso

Number of posts : 3305
    Supports : Sporting Clube de Portugal

Post by Luso Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:37 pm

@Lusitan, perhaps you don't have any bad feelings towards Simão, but I do.

That bitch said he would only move back to Sporting...and what does he do? That's right, he moves to fcking Benfica...what the hell is that?

Nope, I have no respect for him...

The board not brining him back is one thing, we aren't rich, but him being a lieing no-character punk is another.
    Lusitan
    Lusitan

Post by Lusitan Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:52 am

Luso 'Sporting' wrote:@Lusitan, perhaps you don't have any bad feelings towards Simão, but I do.

That bitch said he would only move back to Sporting...and what does he do? That's right, he moves to fcking Benfica...what the hell is that?

The board not brining him back is one thing, we aren't rich, but him being a lieing no-character punk is another.

Remember Paulo Futre? Laughing
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Football Genius Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:18 pm

I think the Figo transfer was money motivated, Real had it Barca needed it, simple as that.
    Luso
    Luso

Post by Luso Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:57 am

I don't think Barça ever thought Figo would go through with the move. They called his bluff...turned out to be a big mistake for them and perhaps the best thing Figo could've done for his career.
    Luso
    Luso

Post by Luso Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:58 am

Wasn't the Futre move very similar to Figo's Lusitan?
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:07 am

Luso 'Sporting' wrote:Figo, one hell of a player. Underrated really. Were he anything else other than Portuguese he'd have been eleveated to the level of a demi-god by now...akin to what has been done with 'Zizu'

-------------------------------

Welcome to the board Lusitan...although I'll admit this may become quite confusing for people <Ale>

Wasnt he named World Player of the Year, more than once??

Being Portuguese has nothing to do with it...

Admittedly, if her were Brazilian he would probably have been deemed a "better" player, but only because he would have been part of a national side who won something... this is no different however to the rest of them not lucky enough to be Brazilian, or possibly South American,where I agree there is a little bias..
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:09 am

Sour grapes eh Cule? Rivaldo, Ronaldo Maradonna, Figo wasnt the first and neither will he be the last.
    lampiao007
    lampiao007

Number of posts : 1164
    Supports : SL Benfica
    Favourite Player : Pablo Aimar

Post by lampiao007 Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:55 pm

Luso 'Sporting' wrote:@Lusitan, perhaps you don't have any bad feelings towards Simão, but I do.

Ahh, explains a lot of the comments on the other thread...

I have Judas personified: Paulo Sousa. Even worst than any of those mentioned. A few more $ and a transfer to an Italian Club.

And besides, did Figo not left Sporting on a sour note? Pushing for is exit, signing 2 contracts with Parma and another Italian team....
    Luso
    Luso

Post by Luso Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:43 pm

My dislike of Simão's personality has nothing to do with what I wrote on the other thread lamps.

I seriously don't get what you're trying to say over there.

All I said is, sure, he'd get paid more at Portsmouth, but he'd have to play for them...and they're shit. Who would want that? If you misunderstood...

You mentioned players looking to find a retirement club and I'm totally lost. The situaiton simply isn't the same. Simão still cares about winning unlike those players. Roca...I've already said we don't have money to pay him. If you're trying to call him greedy or say that if possible he would have in fact stayed I don't know, but the fact remains we just can't meet his demands...
    ------------------------------------------------------

As for Figo, he signed for Parma and his agent for Juve. Not his fault about that. The fact he wanted to leave is not surprising is it? Considering every very good player from Portugal leaves eventually...

Figo was unhappy with the board when he left, much like Rui Costa from what I've heard. Rui said himself he'd never talk to Damasio again for not selling him to Barça.
    lampiao007
    lampiao007

Number of posts : 1164
    Supports : SL Benfica
    Favourite Player : Pablo Aimar

Post by lampiao007 Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:17 pm

Fair deal.
    I still have Paulo Sousa as the worst offender tough
    Steveo

Number of posts : 133

Post by Steveo Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:19 pm

Gayest. Video. Ever.
    L r d

Post by L r d Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:44 pm

Worst. Contribution. Since. Rooney. In. Europe.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:59 pm