Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Axeslammer
110%
Tweesus
Deano
Deluded F*ck™
NCFC
forza_rossi
DS
The Vermonster
13 posters

Most Under-rated manager in Premiership

The Vermonster

Number of posts : 522
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Vermaelen - Exceeding the greatest expectations
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Most Under-rated manager in Premiership Empty Most Under-rated manager in Premiership

Post by The Vermonster Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:29 am

My vote will go to Chris Colman. Every year he loses one or two key players, operates on a real shoestring budget but yet manages to comfortably finish mid-table.

Every year people predict end of Fulham's premiership time, but proves them wrong.

Honorable mentions to Harry Redknapp and Big Sam (I hate to say this, but he is the best example of effective football).

What do you guys think?

Last edited by on Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Most Under-rated manager in Premiership Empty Re: Most Under-rated manager in Premiership

Post by DS Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:44 am

Chris Coleman is definately up there , what about Steve Coppell?
    forza_rossi
    forza_rossi

Number of posts : 2563

Most Under-rated manager in Premiership Empty Re: Most Under-rated manager in Premiership

Post by forza_rossi Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:51 am

Chris Coleman
    Mark Hughes to some extent.
    NCFC
    NCFC

Number of posts : 3485
    Supports : Cádiz C.F y Norwich City F.C

Post by NCFC Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:04 am

Redknapp. Despite being respected, he is not admired in quite the way he should be. Simply the best in the transfer market. Also Coleman and Coppell.
    The Vermonster

Number of posts : 522
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Vermaelen - Exceeding the greatest expectations
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by The Vermonster Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:24 am

Bilal wrote:Chris Coleman is definately up there , what about Steve Coppell?

Good shout. But I would put him only if he manages to keep Reading in here for a few seasons at a stretch. Look at Wigan. Let's see if he can get rid of Second season syndrome. Though till now he hasnt shown why he can't.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:54 am

Cookie definetly.

But Hughes deserves a shout as well. Bloody Welsh.
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:58 am

aby_gooner wrote:
    Bilal wrote:Chris Coleman is definately up there , what about Steve Coppell?

Good shout. But I would put him only if he manages to keep Reading in here for a few seasons at a stretch. Look at Wigan. Let's see if he can get rid of Second season syndrome. Though till now he hasnt shown why he can't.
    That what makes him underrated because everybody said they are doing a Wigan making it look easy which certainly isnt.
    L r d

Post by L r d Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:03 pm

TeamSpirit™ wrote:Cookie definetly.

But Hughes deserves a shout as well. Bloody Welsh.

So we can produce left-footers and managers better than your lot. Shaming. If it weren't for 'Boro you lot would be hopeless.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:06 pm

Alan Pardew
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:12 pm

If he keeps Charlton up it'll be WAY more impressive than when Harry kept Pompey up.

And Magnussen will be left with egg on his face.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:18 pm

TeamSpirit™ wrote:If he keeps Charlton up it'll be WAY more impressive than when Harry kept Pompey up.

And Magnussen will be left with egg on his face.

Well obviously I hope it doesn't happen....

If I had my way then Wigan and Sheff Utd would be following Watford into the championsip...
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tweesus Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:28 pm

Coppell is a great manager, Coleman as well.

Hughes is yet another, overall though, I have to say the most undderrated is Big Sam - I know he does get rated by some but others still think the Bolton are just a team of hoofers that win purely by luck most of the time
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:48 pm

Coleman's ok, but didn't Fayed spend quite a bit of money some years ago, and they survive every season not compete for the UEFA cup spots.

What about curbishley?
    Look what happened to Charlton after he left.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:49 pm

110% wrote:Coleman's ok, but didn't Fayed spend quite a bit of money some years ago, and they survive every season not compete for the UEFA cup spots.

What about curbishley?
    Look what happened to Charlton after he left.

Curbishley is a good shout, we have to see how he does at West Ham though.

Re Coleman, since he's been manager they haven't spent much at all and most of the players that were bought under the reign of Tigana have now been sold (Marlet, Malbranque, Legwinski, Van Der Sar)
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:36 pm

I don't rate Coleman at all.

Coppell, Curbishly & Big Sam for me

....and although I'm a big Redknapp fan, he's too much of a wheeler dealer for me to be considered for this title Smile
    L r d

Post by L r d Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:39 pm

big sam definitly underated, his record is fantastic. where were bolton all them years ago? Now challenging for european places every year. top players there. rednknapp also. coleman has done very well considering hes had to sell many players since he took over. vds saha being two.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:41 pm

Fat Sam probably for me aswell..I hate him, and I hate Bolton, and I hate French Bolton fans. However..he's done a good job.

Coleman is also good...and I like Coppell and Jewell.

McClaren is also quite under-rated by fans in general...I know he's a boring ugly cunt..but what he did for us was pretty special.
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115

Post by Roger Hunt Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:43 pm

O'Neill maybe - how do people rate him generally? He was brilliant at Leicester, very good at Celtic. Maybe not the best in the transfer market but a great motivator and clever at working with the players he has.

Can't believe he didn't get the England job Grr
    L r d

Post by L r d Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:45 pm

Think hes very overated, his teams play crap football and more negative things. good motivator sure. for celtic he lost every away game in the cl, never qualified past the group. and lost the league twice to two of the worst rangers sides of the last 50 years. overated there. did well at leicester i guess
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:05 pm

We're talking about 'underrated' Roger, not 'good'.

O'neill is very highly rated, the BBC felatiate him all the time
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115

Post by Roger Hunt Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:32 pm

Tweedle wrote:We're talking about 'underrated' Roger, not 'good'.

O'neill is very highly rated, the BBC felatiate him all the time

Yeah that's why I asked how people rate him. (l r d obviously disagrees by the way). The BBC like him 'cos he pundits for them occasionally. I thought that at Leicester he was seen as a potential successor to SAF but since then his star has waned a bit.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:49 pm

I expected a lot from O'Neil, but this seasons he's "door het ijs gezakt" as we would say in Holland ("the ice broke under him"...or something like that).
    L r d

Post by L r d Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:22 pm

For what he's acheived Rafa gets an unbelievable amount of stick.

Hughes and Cookie though are the most underrated. If Southgate can keep his imporant players fit, he'll be up there. Boro seem to play alot more asthetically pleasing football under him than they did under McLaren.
    theflyingfrenchman
    theflyingfrenchman

Number of posts : 4290
    Supports : BWFC, France, Rennes, Auxerre, Lorient
    Favourite Player : Diouf, Anelka, Diagne-Faye, Henry, Toulalan
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by theflyingfrenchman Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:25 pm

borocooper wrote:Fat Sam probably for me aswell..I hate him, and I hate Bolton, and I hate French Bolton fans. However..he's done a good job.

McClaren is also quite under-rated by fans in general...I know he's a boring ugly cunt..but what he did for us was pretty special.

The huge community of us that there is...

You know you love us really you cunt, you always get points off us.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:26 pm

theflyingfrenchman wrote:
    borocooper wrote:Fat Sam probably for me aswell..I hate him, and I hate Bolton, and I hate French Bolton fans. However..he's done a good job.

The huge community of us that there is...

You know you love us really you cunt, you always get points off us.

hehe Razz
    Luis

Post by Luis Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:32 pm

Hughes? Coleman?

over-rated - Moyes
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:00 pm

Paul Jewell to a certain extent, but mainly because he looks more like one of the lads down at the pub than a football manager.
    S4P

Post by S4P Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:52 pm

Yeah, Coleman's a good manager.

Just needs to leave that shithole though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:53 am