Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
The-Frank-Tavern
Kimbo
E.M.
Sgoater1
poiuy1
Batman
10 posters

Your teams starting line-up for the first game of the season

Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Your teams starting line-up for the first game of the season Empty Your teams starting line-up for the first game of the season

Post by Batman Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:19 pm

What will it be?
    poiuy1

Number of posts : 2654
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Your teams starting line-up for the first game of the season Empty Re: Your teams starting line-up for the first game of the season

Post by poiuy1 Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:21 pm

-----------VDS-------------

Neville-------Rio------Brown------Heinze

Park-----Scholes--O'shea/Fletch--Giggs

---------Ronaldo-----Saha
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Your teams starting line-up for the first game of the season Empty Re: Your teams starting line-up for the first game of the season

Post by Sgoater1 Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:22 pm

I dont have a clue... Dunne, Hamann, Sinclair might be injured and Distin might have left, Trabelsi hasnt got his work permit yet and Thatcher or Jordan at left back is 50/50.

Also we have 5 strikers to choose from and its unclear who Pearce will go with, athough i expect Corradi and Samaras to start, maybe with Vas if we play 4-3-3.

Pearce says he will play different systems and formations depending on the opponent etc so sometimes 4-4-2 sometimes 4-3-3.

Last edited by on Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Luis

Post by Luis Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:23 pm

I love this, i always predict but Rafa doesnt put it out, oh well:

reina

finnan,carra,hyypia,riise

pennant,gerrard,alonso,gonzales

bellamy,fowler
    E.M.
    E.M.

Number of posts : 323
    Favourite Player : Young Athlete
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by E.M. Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:23 pm

Foster
    Doyley
    Shittu
    DeMerit
    Powell
    Spring
    Mahon
    Francis
    Young
    Henderson
    King

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Cool
    L r d

Post by L r d Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:25 pm

Oh god... erm. Well, taking into account

- The oppositions weaknesses
    - Squad rotation
    - The fact that alot of our players will have just played an international
    - the fact that we have a more important game 3 days afterwards

...erm...

- - - - - - - - - Reina
    - Carragher - Hyypia - Agger
    Kromkamp - - - - - - - - - Warnock/Riise/Aurelio
    - - - - - - Sissoko - Zenden
    - - - - - - - - - Garcia
    - - Crouch/Pongolle - Bellamy/Fowler

...Ok, maybe that's a bit OTT. This could be more likely:

- - - - - - - - - - - Reina
    Kromkamp - Carragher - Hyypia - Aurelio/Riise
    Pennant - Sissoko - Zenden - Gonzalez
    - - - - - Bellamy - Fowler/Crouch
    Luis

Post by Luis Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:26 pm

kromkamp over stevey f! why?
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:27 pm

Impossible to predict, so far this season Roeder has made some very strange choices in team selection. Mad

I wouldn't be surprised to see this team...

-----------------Given----------------

Carr--BRAMBLE--Moore--Babayaro

Solano--Parker--BUTT--Emre--Duff

---------------Ameobi-----------------

I would do the logical thing and replace Bramble and Butt with Taylor and N'Zogbia and go 4-4-1-1 with N'Zogbia "in the hole".
    poiuy1

Number of posts : 2654

Post by poiuy1 Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:28 pm

I'm usually quite good at predicting what fergie does so we'll see Wink
    L r d

Post by L r d Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:28 pm

luisgarciahedrinkssangria wrote:kromkamp over stevey f! why?

Finnan played Sunday, will play tonight, and will play next Tuesday probably (definitely, if we're considering selling Kromkamp, we don't want him cup tied). If we play him Saturday aswell he'll have played 4 times in less than 2 weeks. That's a bit OTT.
    Luis

Post by Luis Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:29 pm

Why does Rafa want to sell kromkamp? what's that all about? he only just bought him
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:30 pm

@luisgarciahedrinkssangria
    i think for liverpool

reina

gerrard,sissoko,alonso,gonzalez

bellamy,crouch
    L r d

Post by L r d Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:30 pm

Kimbo wrote:Impossible to predict, so far this season Roeder has made some very strange choices in team selection. Mad

I would do the logical thing and replace Bramble and Butt with Taylor and N'Zogbia and go 4-4-1-1 with N'Zogbia "in the hole".

Bit nonsensical using Parker, Butt and Emre in the centre, seen as none of them go into the box. Are you sure he doesn't intend on going more 4-3-3, considering how foward thinking Duff is?

Personally, I'd like to see

- Parker - Butt - Emre
    Duff - Ameobi - N'Zogbia

That's if Roeder is insistant on playing Butt.
    L r d

Post by L r d Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:30 pm

vds

neville rio brown heinze

ronaldo o shea scholes park

saha giggs

with park ronaldo giggs swapping all the time
    L r d

Post by L r d Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:31 pm

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:@luisgarciahedrinkssangria
    i think for liverpool

reina

gerrard,sissoko,alonso,gonzalez

bellamy,crouch

You think Rafa will go for our strongest team, considering we have a more important game 3 days later?
    Luis

Post by Luis Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:33 pm

@The-Frank-Tavern

I really don't think Rafa wants gerrard to play right midfield this seaason, he's got Pennant for that position now plus Garcia and maybe even Gonzales at times although i think he'll play left mid most of the time.

I would love to see Gerrard,Alonso and Sissoko all start but I dont think rafa will play that option unless he's going with one up front which by the way HAS to be Bellamy if he does
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:34 pm

Sorensen
    Delaney Mellberg Ridgewell Bouma
    Hendrie Davis McCann Barry
    Moore Angel

mostly picks itself. think baros is injured and laursen not ready. possibly samuel lb and bouma cb for ridgewell.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:34 pm

Obispo wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:Impossible to predict, so far this season Roeder has made some very strange choices in team selection. Mad

Bit nonsensical using Parker, Butt and Emre in the centre, seen as none of them go into the box. Are you sure he doesn't intend on going more 4-3-3, considering how foward thinking Duff is?

Personally, I'd like to see

- Parker - Butt - Emre
    Duff - Ameobi - N'Zogbia

That's if Roeder is insistant on playing Butt.

The problem is he's insistant on picking Solano aswell, even though the signs are there that his legs have gone. It looks a good formation though, it'll be interesting to see if Butt does get in the side as he was pretty average against Ventspils.
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:34 pm

obispo- you need to get off to a good winning start, so i really believe he may go v strong, ok may leave 1 or 2 out but i doubt anymore, as to who, who knows. he´ll still be v confident of beating haifa especially as they will have to attack then defo expect to see pennant, bellamy play a big part
    Luis

Post by Luis Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:34 pm

@debaser

is baros still at your club?
    Luis

Post by Luis Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:36 pm

@ Obispo i think Sissoko may start actually against sheffield united, its the type of match Momo will relish, a tough away game with tackles flying in, but i'd be surprised if gerrard didn't start
    E.M.
    E.M.

Number of posts : 323
    Favourite Player : Young Athlete
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by E.M. Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:36 pm

Sorensen
    Moore Angel

mostly picks itself. think baros is injured and laursen not ready. possibly samuel lb and bouma cb for ridgewell.

Debaser what no De La Cruz? that i can forgive but no Super Eric? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked .

Remember DOL Isn't in charge nomore Cool
    L r d

Post by L r d Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:37 pm

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:obispo- you need to get off to a good winning start, so i really believe he may go v strong, ok may leave 1 or 2 out but i doubt anymore, as to who, who knows. he´ll still be v confident of beating haifa especially as they will have to attack then defo expect to see pennant, bellamy play a big part

Agree, I think we'll see quite a strong side. I wouldn't be surprised if we go 5-3-2/3-5-2 though. We've done it a few times on the road before and apparently they're quite weak down the flanks, so we could get away with Aurelio and Kromkamp out wide.
    L r d

Post by L r d Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:37 pm

E.M. wrote:
    Sorensen
    Moore Angel

Debaser what no De La Cruz? that i can forgive but no Super Eric? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked .

Am interested to see what happens to Djemba now aswell
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:50 pm

E.M. wrote:
    Sorensen
    Moore Angel

i think - though not 100% - de la cruz was released. his contract was up end of last season. djemba or berson could be in for mccann, i guess.

i could be completely wrong - o'neill has only picked one team so far and that was for a friendly, so it's hard to know what he's thinking
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:51 pm

luisgarciahedrinkssangria wrote:@debaser

is baros still at your club?

yep, for now. o'neill is apparently having talks with him, barry & phillips to see if they want to stay.

been carrying that injury since the world cup though, so doubt he'll be back for saturday
    Luis

Post by Luis Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:52 pm

I love Meeeeelan, think he's a quality player
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:55 pm

Well not considering injuries

VDS
    Gary Rio Brown Heinze

Park Scholes Oshea Ronnie

Giggs Saha
    Hardrada

Number of posts : 2106
    Supports : Chelsea FC
    Favourite Player : GFZ

Post by Hardrada Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:01 pm

Not really sure but :

Cudicini

Ferreira, Carvalho, Terry, Bridge

Essien, Makelele, Lampard

SWP, Sheva, Robben

is likely I think.

Ballack might be injured. Sheva is rested by Ukraine whereas I think Drogs has a match, so Shevchenko will play I think.

The Portuguese players will play because they have no game this week.

Makelele may be match-fit by this weekend.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:26 pm

Hardrada wrote:Not really sure but :

Cudicini

Ferreira, Carvalho, Terry, Bridge

Essien, Makelele, Lampard

SWP, Sheva, Robben

is likely I think.

Ballack might be injured. Sheva is rested by Ukraine whereas I think Drogs has a match, so Shevchenko will play I think.

The Portuguese players will play because they have no game this week.

Makelele may be match-fit by this weekend.

We'll shit on you....4-0 City Erm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:37 pm