Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
SteveOoO
Knoblauch
merseyman
110%
gone
Oleguerisntthatbad
Tweesus
Isco Benny
DS
Dwarf
Rez
COTR
zen and the art of
Parks lives
Axeslammer
Fey
S4P
Deano
Ä
23 posters

Auf Wiedersehen , England !!!

Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Auf Wiedersehen , England !!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Auf Wiedersehen , England !!!

Post by Parks lives Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:14 am

Otto, as much as you want it to be it was not offside.

If Roma can outplay us at Old Trafford when it's XI vs XI, fair play to them. I doubt it though.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:16 am

Dotter und Blitzen wrote:THE return legs now clearly are

Bayern vs Milan

+

Valencia vs Chelsea

---------------

ManU vs Roma will be good to watch as well but the first two encounters will generate more heat

I doubt it, if anything the majoirty interest in England will be on the utd game.

Rooney's goal was not offside Razz you're just pissed off that you can't take the piss as much out of his European record now
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:20 am

Hehe, I bet he had a thread lined up for after the game.

Ruined. Very Happy
    Ä
    Ä

Number of posts : 11028
    Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:23 am

tweedle

it's Rooney's fist goal in 18 CL games

the record speaks for itself; he had ONE bullet in his Revolver and he used it YESTERDAY; you'd be hardpressed to come up with a YouToube link with Rooney's CL highlights Very Happy

parky

forget about ten men; the ManU defense was VERY dodgy; do you really think Roma will fail to score ?????

did not think so either

what's the feeling in the Manchster camp; are you fans happy with the result? are you positive about the return leg ? did you expect Roma to be so good ?

will you sack SAF if you get eliminated by AS ?

Last edited by on Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    Rez

Number of posts : 3757
    Registration date : 2006-10-06

Post by Rez Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:24 am

Dotter und Blitzen wrote:THE return legs now clearly are

Bayern vs Milan

+

Valencia vs Chelsea

---------------

ManU vs Roma will be good to watch as well but the first two encounters will generate more heat

Chelsea are not out yet; in fact, I have a hunch they are going to score at least a goal using the sledgehammer approach

whether Valencia can pick them up on the counter to win 2:1 remains to be seen

the Spaniards are 54:46 favourites

Roma play football on a different level to ManU; there is NO WAY they will not score at Old Trafford: 62:38 favourites

and yes, ManU played with 10 men for 60 minutes; but curiously that often helps teams to focus and step up a gear

and once again, the Rooney goal was OFFSIDE

Anybody who watched the Bayern v Milan game will not want to watch the second leg, thats for sure. Will Bayern actually play football this time, will Podolski learn how to control the ball?

I heard Chelsea v valencia was a good game, but Valencia are just going to park the bus, the way they did in the last round. No one wants to watch that.

United v Roma will be the one to watch.

So Roma scoring two lucky goals (own goal/deflection and a gift from VDS) and united scoring the team goal of the CL season, is an example of Roma playing superior football, dream on Otto.

They needed huge luck to score two past 10 men at home, away from home without the luck will mean they are going out.
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:26 am

No, we won't be sacking SAF, though I'm sure you have a thread lined up.

2-1 considering Scholes got sent off after half hour is a decent result I think. I think a 1-0, 2-0 or 2-1 is managable in the return game (2-1 would mean extra time at least).

I thought our centre backs were very good, it was O'Shea and Heinze our full backs who were dodgy.

& Roma weren't that good.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:29 am

Oleguerisntthatgreat wrote:
    I Am Weasel wrote:On a side note: noted the typically gracious play from the Italian hosts in making sure the ballboys were quick to give the homeside the ball for throw ins then suddenly go missing when it was a United throw in.

Extra points for fairplay must also go to Chivu for clapping and patting the ref on the back when Scholes got sent off.

The ballboys using multiple balls is quite normal, and if anything I was just amazed that ManU failed to understand it again and again. They were simply unprofessional and failed to get into position quick enough. This kind of thing happens at many stadiums.

As for Chivu, baaaah.. mountain out of a molehill.. off course he will be trying to joke with the ref when they are ahead... Again it happens everywhere..

There's nothing wrong with ballboys throwing the ball quickly, but to BOTH sides, not just one. This gives the home side a TANGIBLE advantage which is actually unfair because home advantage should be psychological and nothing else. This doesnt happen in England - I believe the last time a similar type of thing happened it was a Sheffield United- Bolton game and Warnock went ape about it, dont think it has happened since.
    gone
    gone

Number of posts : 3455
    Supports : Steaua
    Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
    Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by gone Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:31 am

Dotter und Blitzen wrote:I NEVER claimed the Bundesliga was the best league in Europe

in fact, we are underfunded and therefore don't have many clubs that could compete in the CL

Shocked Now if hared it all. Bundesliga is the 4th most richest league in the world and you complain about being under funded. I guess by this standard Portugal never stand a chance of wining the CL.
    Rez

Post by Rez Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:32 am

@otto,

Rooneys CL highlights will be better than Klose's and similar to Podolski.

I thought our defence played well considering Carrick was getting over run in midfield. They didnt create that much in the box, Totti decided to make the ball boys earn their money.

Happy with the result considering our injuries and the red card, if it was the other way round, I would be dissapointed.

Yeah we will sack Fergie and release Ronaldo on a free transfer to Chelsea.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:36 am

Parks lives wrote:No, we won't be sacking SAF, though I'm sure you have a thread lined up.

2-1 considering Scholes got sent off after half hour is a decent result I think. I think a 1-0, 2-0 or 2-1 is managable in the return game (2-1 would mean extra time at least).

I thought our centre backs were very good, it was O'Shea and Heinze our full backs who were dodgy.

& Roma weren't that good.

ok Otto is on the wwind up again "football on another level"? What, scoring a deflected goal and a lucky rebound? Wow, amazing stuff.

Roma did deserve the victory on the level of chances, but hardly suprising when playing 10 men.

United scored the goal of the game. Rooney offside is utterly laughable; perhaps Otto needs to get to specsavers? Or shave off that bushy tache as its blocking his view.

eitherway, Scholes' red card is a worry for the game at Old Trafford- as good as United's 1st XI is, the cover aint all that hot.

And finally, Ronaldo >>>> Totti
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:41 am

If Park is back it's not the end of the world, as he can play on the wing (he's better as a winger than Giggs lately) and Giggs can go into the centre (where he produced some of his best performances this and last season).

---------- Carrick ---- Giggs
    Ronaldo ----------------------- Park

<Ale>

I'd just worry abit if it was Ronaldo--Carrick--Fletcher--Giggs.
    Rez

Post by Rez Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:55 am

I Am Weasel wrote:And finally, Ronaldo >>>> Totti

<Ale> ok

Too true, I imagine Pierre wasnt happy with Tottis Lampards impression, without the deflections.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:55 am

Roma played a lot like Arsenal usually do - very pretty in midfield, lots of movement off the ball but no real penetration in the final third.

So Utd should watch out for the 1-0 home defeat Wink
    Ä
    Ä

Post by Ä Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:01 pm

"Ronaldo >>> Totti" Shocked lol!

Totti has more class in his ingrowing toenail than the Portuguese diver in his diamond stud

has it EVER occurred to anybody on here that one of the reasons for fans swooning over Christiano is his STYLE of play ???

I don't mean style as in FLAIR; I mean style as in "the mechanics of fooling the human brain"

the diving pretty boy has a way of running at a staccato rythym creating the illusion of breathless excitement

in reality , it's the football equivalent of a highpitched screeching voice shattering glass at just the right vibration

--------------

as for Fergie: he'd better start uncorking his fine wine, for he is not going to be sitting on any bench for the semis

being a Brit, he'll probably have his Chateau Lafite 56 in his right hand with a packet of cheese/vinegar crisps in his left claw

SACK the Scotman; he is burning hard-earned American trailerpark money at the same rate as Mourinho is torching Russian oil riches
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:07 pm

Ronaldo IS better than Totti, this season at least.

Ronaldo has been the best player in the EPL whereas the best player in Serie A has been Ibra.

Are you saying that you think Ibra is better than Ronaldo? nah...

Ronaldo is easily in the world's top three players at present. Totti isn't.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:20 pm

Dotter und Blitzen wrote:"Ronaldo >>> Totti" Shocked lol!

Totti has more class in his ingrowing toenail than the Portuguese diver in his diamond stud

has it EVER occurred to anybody on here that one of the reasons for fans swooning over Christiano is his STYLE of play ???

I don't mean style as in FLAIR; I mean style as in "the mechanics of fooling the human brain"

the diving pretty boy has a way of running at a staccato rythym creating the illusion of breathless excitement

in reality , it's the football equivalent of a highpitched screeching voice shattering glass at just the right vibration

--------------

as for Fergie: he'd better start uncorking his fine wine, for he is not going to be sitting on any bench for the semis

being a Brit, he'll probably have his Chateau Lafite 56 in his right hand with a packet of cheese/vinegar crisps in his left claw

SACK the Scotman; he is burning hard-earned American trailerpark money at the same rate as Mourinho is torching Russian oil riches

Otto, you clearly havent woken up yet - might I suggest you go have a shower and a shave because currently it sounds as though you are re-enacting a fantastical dream. Why dont you mention the skirt wearing pink elephants whilst you're at it?!

THE move of the game was Ronaldo's burst from his own half where he slalomed 3 Roma players, one of them trying to hold his shirt before offloading THE pass of the game with the outside of his boot to Solksjaer who crossed to Rooney. Flair with an end delivery. What you are describing is a player incapable of making an impression where it counted.

Totti had NO hand in either Roma goals At no point did Totti out pass or out dribble Ronaldo. And here is a player considerably younger than the Italian.

Ronaldo is the best player on this planet, and that hurts to say because I want to thoroughly dislike the guy, but quite simply he is now brilliant in every aspect of his game, physically and tactically. H
    Ä
    Ä

Post by Ä Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:37 pm

I Am Weasel wrote: Otto, you clearly havent woken up yet - might I suggest you go have a shower and a shave because currently it sounds as though you are re-enacting a fantastical dream. Why dont you mention the skirt wearing pink elephants whilst you're at it?!

you saw them too ??? lol!

------------------

look at this ENGLISH ARROGANCE in today's Guardian

"Serie A's second-placed club celebrated at the final whistle, yet 2-1 is not a score that will unduly faze United and Ferguson is entitled to be confident about his team's chances of progressing to the semi-finals"

this English fruitcake makes ManU FAVOURITES lol!

I still hope for a Bayern - ManU clash in the semis and would not even mind Rooney scoring the winner over Roma to achieve it

then again, reading this contemptuous English media drivel I hope Roma stuff ManU for good

wahre Geschichte <Ale>
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:43 pm

Otto, you said before the Milan - Bayern game that 2-1 wouldn't be a bad result, why is this different?

Especially when we played an hour with 10 men.

Hypocritical as usual.
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Number of posts : 7180
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:23 pm

I Am Weasel wrote:
    Oleguerisntthatgreat wrote:
    I Am Weasel wrote:On a side note: noted the typically gracious play from the Italian hosts in making sure the ballboys were quick to give the homeside the ball for throw ins then suddenly go missing when it was a United throw in.

Extra points for fairplay must also go to Chivu for clapping and patting the ref on the back when Scholes got sent off.

The ballboys using multiple balls is quite normal, and if anything I was just amazed that ManU failed to understand it again and again. They were simply unprofessional and failed to get into position quick enough. This kind of thing happens at many stadiums.

As for Chivu, baaaah.. mountain out of a molehill.. off course he will be trying to joke with the ref when they are ahead... Again it happens everywhere..

There's nothing wrong with ballboys throwing the ball quickly, but to BOTH sides, not just one. This gives the home side a TANGIBLE advantage which is actually unfair because home advantage should be psychological and nothing else. This doesnt happen in England - I believe the last time a similar type of thing happened it was a Sheffield United- Bolton game and Warnock went ape about it, dont think it has happened since.

We see that all the time in Spain.. even up to the point where a ballboy will toss in two balls, to help his team back into position before a free kick is taken.. We are used to it, and the teams are aware of it happening..

Still at least the ballboy didn't score like the game in Brazil Wink
    110%

Number of posts : 8978
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by 110% Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:53 pm

Dotter und Blitzen wrote:
    I Am Weasel wrote: Otto, you clearly havent woken up yet - might I suggest you go have a shower and a shave because currently it sounds as though you are re-enacting a fantastical dream. Why dont you mention the skirt wearing pink elephants whilst you're at it?!

you saw them too ??? lol!

------------------

look at this ENGLISH ARROGANCE in today's Guardian

"Serie A's second-placed club celebrated at the final whistle, yet 2-1 is not a score that will unduly faze United and Ferguson is entitled to be confident about his team's chances of progressing to the semi-finals"

this English fruitcake makes ManU FAVOURITES lol!

I still hope for a Bayern - ManU clash in the semis and would not even mind Rooney scoring the winner over Roma to achieve it

then again, reading this contemptuous English media drivel I hope Roma stuff ManU for good

wahre Geschichte <Ale>

You clearly have a reading problem, nowhere in what you've quoted does the writer have manu as favourites.

It says 2 things:
    2-1 is not a score that will unduly faze United
    and
    Ferguson is entitled to be confident about his team's chances of progressing to the semi-finals

2-1 is not a score than cannot be overcome, it is not 3-0 for example

and

the manager of a big club thinking that his team can win 1-0 at home and progress is nothing outlandish

Many times the English media, like any media writes crap, but now it looks like you are reading crap no matter what is written.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:29 pm

Otto der Schweinehund wrote:brilliant stuff tonight

un-fu-c&ing be-lie-vable <Ale>

OR NOT

ManU have finally have exposed as a fraud ; sitting on top of the EPL, serenely ahead of Chelsea, and yet out of their depth in Europe

AS Roma whupped their ass; even worse, they made the Mancunians looks positively pedestrian

are ManU really the most attractive side in the EPL ?

you could have fooled us

meanwhile, Chelsea, everybody's (but mine) favourite for the CL title at the outset, cannot defeat the admittedly excellent Valencia

the Spaniards have a point and an away goal and must now be favourites

@ Englanders

how do you explain any of this ???

it's certainly not what Alan Hanson predicted; in fact, the general consensus in the English media was that ManU and Chelsea would be formalities for the semis

let's hope that Valencia and Roma stay the course, as they derserve to

they can then meet Bayern and Liverpool for a couple of mouthwatering semis

<Ale>

Oh man I cant get enough of this!

BUMP

lol! lol! lol!

Lord thank you. You've made my day.
    merseyman

Number of posts : 87
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by merseyman Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:33 pm

Otto der Schweinehund wrote:
    it's certainly not what Alan Hanson predicted; in fact, the general consensus in the English media was that ManU and Chelsea would be formalities for the semis

lol!

Indeed, it wasn't at all what Alan Hansen predicted. But then I've always reckoned the Scots had a grudge against English teams Wink
    Rez

Post by Rez Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:35 pm

I Am Weasel wrote:
    Otto der Schweinehund wrote:brilliant stuff tonight

un-fu-c&ing be-lie-vable <Ale>

OR NOT

ManU have finally have exposed as a fraud ; sitting on top of the EPL, serenely ahead of Chelsea, and yet out of their depth in Europe

AS Roma whupped their ass; even worse, they made the Mancunians looks positively pedestrian

are ManU really the most attractive side in the EPL ?

you could have fooled us

meanwhile, Chelsea, everybody's (but mine) favourite for the CL title at the outset, cannot defeat the admittedly excellent Valencia

the Spaniards have a point and an away goal and must now be favourites

@ Englanders

how do you explain any of this ???

let's hope that Valencia and Roma stay the course, as they derserve to

they can then meet Bayern and Liverpool for a couple of mouthwatering semis

<Ale>

Oh man I cant get enough of this!

BUMP

lol! lol! lol!

Lord thank you. You've made my day.

All we need is for Milan to stuff bayern, although I would quite like Bayern. Rooney scoring the winner against them would surely send Otto over the edge.
    Knoblauch

Number of posts : 592
    Supports : Sport Lisboa e Benfica
    Favourite Player : Lazer Markovic
    Registration date : 2007-03-01

Post by Knoblauch Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:37 pm

Otto will be absent for one or two days, hiding under his bed sheets and saying «ouch» to himself. At least until he's able to compose a thread on how United's (and Chelsea's) victories were totally unjust.

Still, it's not surprising how many wind-ups come back to bite you on the bum.
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:39 pm

Does this mean that Alan Hansen > Otto? Yikes
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:40 pm

lol!

Brilliant stuff Very Happy
    Ä
    Ä

Post by Ä Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:50 pm

Whistle
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Axeslammer Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:52 pm

Otto der Schweinehund wrote:Whistle
    `

*bump* Twisted Evil
    SteveOoO

Number of posts : 446
    Registration date : 2006-08-29

Post by SteveOoO Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:50 pm

5/4/2007

never forget.
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:33 pm

Otto der Schweinehund wrote:
    COTR wrote:

Milan
    Liverpool
    Man u
    Chelsea

now this would be fun

that would be when I take a YEAR OFF from football
    A promise Question

Bumpety bump bump farao

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:43 pm