Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

All this goodbye crap!

bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

All this goodbye crap! Empty All this goodbye crap!

Post by bluenine Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:40 am

Guys, grow up. I don't agree with these "me or him" ultimatums. I can understand that some of those are written in the "heat of the moment", and hopefully most posters will forget about it tomorrow. But if someone is quitting the board altogether just coz of some other poster, then its a tad immature.

This is a discussion board. It thrives of different points of view and different personalities. Every board has its knowledgeable posters, biased posters, WUMs, volatile personalities, etc and is everyone makes the MB better... have your arguements, have your disagreements, and keep on going - thats what MB life is all about, hell, thats what life is all about... too much control can take the fun out of the MB, just like what happened to 606.

So forget about who else is there or not there on the MB, and do your thing. I hope everyone stays. This has been a good MB overall, and lets hope we have a lot of new posters and it grows into an even better one...
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

All this goodbye crap! Empty Re: All this goodbye crap!

Post by Parks lives Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:42 am

I'm leaving.

For bed.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:44 am

Goodbye Wink

and goodnight

Parks lives wrote:I'm leaving.

For bed.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians

Post by mongrel hawk Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:00 am

"I don't agree with these "me or him" ultimatums."

it's not a "me or him" thing, it's a "me or this attitude" thing.

that's what Doninha was saying. he was shocked that everybody here, especially the mods and even Obispo, seem to think "everything is ok now, he won't hack other people, he promised". so what?

"it's useless to ban him, he'll come back"

than you ban him again, and again, and again. I'm sure this attitude would be enough for Doninha, me, and the others who think it's absurd to accept a person who commits and threatens to commit crimes against the community.

glenn posts a pic and is banned. the french guy winds up a mod and is banned. then a guy hacks a poster's mail/pay-pal account and is still posting because "we can't ban him, he will come back". there's something wrong here.

it's simple: a mod hits a button and ban the offender. offender comes back, mod hits the button again, and so on. he comes back anonymously, he stays until a mod discovers him and bans him again. that would be enough.

"It thrives of different points of view and different personalities"

of course, but that's not the point. again: the problem isn't an individual, there will always be annoying individuals in large communities. the problem is the collective attitude towards an individual who commits and threatens to commit a crime against the community.

that's what should change.

and that's why Doninha has left. not because the offender hacked Obispo's, but because of the attitude of the community towards his action.

I like this MB very much. I never talked to Ballack, but I admire him for the work he has done.

I love footall and almost all my friends are indifferent to it, so this is the place I can talk about it.

I'll stay around these days. let's see how things develop from now on. I hope the sensible ones will convince the others.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:12 am

You are not going anywhere todo. It's sensible posters like you who make this place actually enjoyable. Ale

Soap operas only work because so many people watch them and give them a platform. Enough drama, more discussions please, preferably about football, since that's the whole purpose of this board.
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Parks lives Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:44 am

"it's useless to ban him, he'll come back"

than you ban him again, and again, and again. I'm sure this attitude would be enough for Doninha, me, and the others who think it's absurd to accept a person who commits and threatens to commit crimes against the community.

glenn posts a pic and is banned. the french guy winds up a mod and is banned. then a guy hacks a poster's mail/pay-pal account and is still posting because "we can't ban him, he will come back". there's something wrong here.

it's simple: a mod hits a button and ban the offender. offender comes back, mod hits the button again, and so on. he comes back anonymously, he stays until a mod discovers him and bans him again. that would be enough.

-----------------------------------------------------

Todo is right there. One thing I argued about with the other mods. There is no forum I've been on where this happens.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:57 pm