Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
La Saeta Rubia
TM
Fey
Jaime
Batman
9 posters

Saviola to Real Madrid

Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Saviola to Real Madrid Empty Saviola to Real Madrid

Post by Batman Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:23 pm

Would it be a good move?

Saviola to Real Madrid Saviola260407

Are Barcelona making a mistake not renewing Saviola's contract, how much will it cost to replace him?

Should Saviola sign for a team where he is graunteed first team football?
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Saviola to Real Madrid Empty Re: Saviola to Real Madrid

Post by Jaime Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:32 pm

If Saviola were first choice, he would pretty much guarantee you 15 goals per season. In very limited action, he has scored 5 this season for Barcelona. I know the cules on this board have criticized him because he doesn't really enter into the play like some other players but he is a much better goalscorer than Gudjohnson. I'd be happy to have him at Real Madrid but we have Raul, Higuain, and technically, Cassano and Baptista who all play more or less in that same position. He's a bit greedy so I expect he'll land wherever he is offered the most money.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:38 pm

If he is not good enough for Barca, why the hell will he make it in Madrid!!! Madrid have enough quality players upfront imo, they should do something about their midfield and defence instead of buying another attacking minded player.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:46 pm

It's not that he's "not good enough" for Barcelona. Rijkaard doesn't like him -- he doesn't think he fits Barcelona's style of play. But in his first three seasons with Barcelona when he was a first choice striker, he averaged 15 goals per season.

But I agree with you, considering the forward players that we already have there are plenty of other needs that we have to address this summer before we start thinking about other forwards.
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:23 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crying or Very sad

High Wages

Terrible Attitude

Not a team player

Average player

etc etc
    La Saeta Rubia
    La Saeta Rubia

Number of posts : 5244
    Supports : Real Madrid

Post by La Saeta Rubia Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:07 pm

Great move in my book (if he comes), he`s proven himself in the liga and he`s coming free & it would piss of Barça fans. He`ll take Cassano`s place in the squad :-)

Ruud
    Saviola
    Soldado
    Higuain

as well as Robinho, Baptista & Raul who can all play as strikers gives us a lot more depth in the squad. This season virtually all of our gaols have been scored by 1 player (Ruud) if he gets injured we will suffer a lot hopefully next season we wont rely on one player as much. The only downside is Higuain wouldnt get a lot of playing time so he`d be better off going on loan for a season unless Capello (if he stays) decides to keep using him as a right winger.
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Number of posts : 7180
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:07 pm

Fey wrote:If he is not good enough for Barca, why the hell will he make it in Madrid!!! Madrid have enough quality players upfront imo, they should do something about their midfield and defence instead of buying another attacking minded player.

They tried to, €100 mill worth.. and look where it got them..
    La Saeta Rubia
    La Saeta Rubia

Post by La Saeta Rubia Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:11 pm

Oleguerisntthatgreat wrote:

It got us 2 points away from the "dream team" Wink
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:13 pm

La Saeta Rubia wrote:

It got us 2 points away from the "dream team" Wink

Those €100 mill is the cost of dream team.. you spend that every season and still play horribly Wink
    La Saeta Rubia
    La Saeta Rubia

Post by La Saeta Rubia Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:18 pm

Those €100 mill is the cost of dream team.. you spend that every season and still play horribly Wink

Im not disputing that we play like Cr@p but again, we are 2 points away from the dream team Very Happy , IF we end up winning the liga i think it would have been worth paying the 100m euros don't you ?
    Besides i think we spent that money on players who we needed & players with a lot of future ahead of them, the only mistake imo was "Emerson"
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:27 pm

I'm not too fussed about him leaving. The only reason I'd want him to stay is if we can't get someone better for a reasonable price. Of course him going to Madrid is a potential problem, but I guess we just have to live with that.

Anyway, this is all false because Marca's source was his ex-agent, who everyone at Barcelona knows is a Grade A $h!t-stirrer. It's also a possible publicity stunt by Madrid journos to try and unsettle us in the title run-in.

As of now, Saviola may well have some sort of verbal agreement with Madrid or Juve, but has not signed with anyone. An offer will be made from our side within the next week or so.
    La Saeta Rubia
    La Saeta Rubia

Post by La Saeta Rubia Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:32 pm

kas wrote:I'm not too fussed about him leaving. The only reason I'd want him to stay is if we can't get someone better for a reasonable price. Of course him going to Madrid is a potential problem, but I guess we just have to live with that.

Anyway, this is all false because Marca's source was his ex-agent, who everyone at Barcelona knows is a Grade A $h!t-stirrer. It's also a possible publicity stunt by Madrid journos to try and unsettle us in the title run-in.

As of now, Saviola may well have some sort of verbal agreement with Madrid or Juve, but has not signed with anyone. An offer will be made from our side within the next week or so.

I was thinking the same thing, after all why would they say this now ? Why not wait till the end of the season. But on the other hand, Saviola & RM haven't denied anything have they ?
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:36 pm

Yeah but why would they deny it. The players, Calderon, etc. will all realise this and also pretend because they also want to put pressure on us.

On the other hand, if it really was a done deal, then Calderon and/or Pedja would have already come out and confirmed it.
    La Saeta Rubia
    La Saeta Rubia

Post by La Saeta Rubia Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:39 pm

kas wrote:Yeah but why would they deny it. The players, Calderon, etc. will all realise this and also pretend because they also want to put pressure on us.

On the other hand, if it really was a done deal, then Calderon and/or Pedja would have already come out and confirmed it.

How do you think the cules will react to this rumour ? You think Saviola is gonna get a lot stick or will they just ignore the rumour ?
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:43 pm

I don't think he'll get much stick. SPORT and Mundo Deportivo both did quick damage limitation jobs and came out with statements from his real agent saying he hasn't signed with anyone.

I think we'll probably see increased pressure on Txiki to make the offer. Camp Nou doesn't seem to share my indifference to Saviola.
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:03 pm

I would prefer to keep, I don't want us to spend money on a striker when we have other priorities. But if he goes he goes, and good luck to him (except if he signs for RM of course)
    Mexicanbecks
    Mexicanbecks

Number of posts : 3775
    Favourite Player : Zidane
    Registration date : 2006-11-16

Post by Mexicanbecks Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:09 pm

i wont be mad if we don't get him but i would be happy to have him. he's young, he's fast and he can score goals. he would be back up forward and will score
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:11 am

Is he really a support striker as such , I dont know his instincts are more like a st rather then a ss.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 2:20 pm