Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
debaser
Deano
fcb
7 posters

Sammy Lee takes over at Bolton

fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Sammy Lee takes over at Bolton Empty Sammy Lee takes over at Bolton

Post by fcb Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:07 pm

Good luck to him, I think he'll do well. Keeping the continuity is a good idea by Bolton because it may avoid the mass player exodus that all of us have been predicting.

Would love to hear flyingfrenchman's opinion on all this.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Sammy Lee takes over at Bolton Empty Re: Sammy Lee takes over at Bolton

Post by Deano Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:09 pm

kas wrote:Good luck to him, I think he'll do well. Keeping the continuity is a good idea by Bolton because it may avoid the mass player exodus that all of us have been predicting.

I hope he has the worst start anyone could ever have to their career.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:13 pm

Lucas Deano Neill wrote:
    kas wrote:Good luck to him, I think he'll do well. Keeping the continuity is a good idea by Bolton because it may avoid the mass player exodus that all of us have been predicting.

I hope he has the worst start anyone could ever have to their career.
    woodgate already did that at madrid
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Football Genius Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:27 pm

Owen has been pretty $h!t hot at Newcastle too...
    theflyingfrenchman
    theflyingfrenchman

Number of posts : 4290
    Supports : BWFC, France, Rennes, Auxerre, Lorient
    Favourite Player : Diouf, Anelka, Diagne-Faye, Henry, Toulalan
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Sammy Lee takes over at Bolton Empty rown and his managerial car

Post by theflyingfrenchman Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:05 pm

Well I was in Britanny, cut off from the world, and I come back to this. I'm in a state of shock, and I'm probably going to cry at some point or other. We might as well prepare ourselves for a relegation battle next season, because BSA was the best manager in the league, and no one will ever do as well as him with the budget we have. Hopefully he'll have taught Lee all he can, but that's what w htought with Brown and his managerial career has been a failure.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:09 pm

Yeah tough news. I read that some bookies are now offering 10/1 on Bolton to be relegated next year. Bit harsh I think, esp. when you consider they at least have decent players, and there'll be some pretty dreadful teams like Sheffield Utd, or Fulham (with their own managerial crisis) or Wigan in the Premiership next year.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:10 pm

kas wrote:Yeah tough news. I read that some bookies are now offering 10/1 on Bolton to be relegated next year. Bit harsh I think, esp. when you consider they at least have decent players, and there'll be some pretty dreadful teams like Sheffield Utd, or Fulham (with their own managerial crisis) or Wigan in the Premiership next year.

How do you know Wigan/Fulham will be there...?

One of them are going down I hope and we'll stay up. And we won't be involved in a relegation battle ok
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:14 pm

I didn't know how to explain it clearly...but basically with those 2 I was saying maybe one or both of them will be there.

If I could choose who would be relegated this season, I'd send down all 5 of Sheffield Utd, Wigan, Fulham, Charlton, and Watford. They don't have any decent players (except a couple at Fulham, Bent at Charlton, and Bouazza at Watford), don't play anything decent (apart from maybe Fulham), and are just boring. But that's just my opinion Razz
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:17 pm

kas wrote:I didn't know how to explain it clearly...but basically with those 2 I was saying maybe one or both of them will be there.

If I could choose who would be relegated this season, I'd send down all 5 of Sheffield Utd, Wigan, Fulham, Charlton, and Watford. They don't have any decent players (except a couple at Fulham, Bent at Charlton, and Bouazza at Watford), don't play anything decent (apart from maybe Fulham), and are just boring. But that's just my opinion Razz

Ah right ok my mistake Ale I thought you were saying we were down fors ure....
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:18 pm

Nah. Though I must say, looking at the fixtures (and factoring in a possible weakened side from Liverpool coupled with Fulham's decent-ish home form), I wouldn't put money on you to stay up at this point.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:19 pm

I think we can beat Bolton and finish on 38...I don't think Fulham will beat Liverpool or Boro and will be lucky to get 2 points.

If Chelsea knock out Liverpool from the CL, then they won't play a weak side. I'd always fancy Boro at home to beat Fulham ($h!t away)...as teams that are at home last game of the season always do better.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:28 pm

Good luck Sammy! <Ale>
    theflyingfrenchman
    theflyingfrenchman

Post by theflyingfrenchman Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:12 pm

kas wrote:Yeah tough news. I read that some bookies are now offering 10/1 on Bolton to be relegated next year. Bit harsh I think, esp. when you consider they at least have decent players, and there'll be some pretty dreadful teams like Sheffield Utd, or Fulham (with their own managerial crisis) or Wigan in the Premiership next year.

The fact is this team is Allardyce's team. I'm very pessimistic about our chances.
    Luis
    Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:13 pm

IF Bolton got a class midfielder maybe a class defender as well I think they could challenge for a top 4 place
    theflyingfrenchman
    theflyingfrenchman

Post by theflyingfrenchman Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:18 pm

Luis wrote:IF Bolton got a class midfielder maybe a class defender as well I think they could challenge for a top 4 place

I'm not sure. I'm guessing a few players will leave, and without Allardyce to hold the team together, we could crumble.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:19 pm

Sammy Lee is a good man though, he will surprise a few
    theflyingfrenchman
    theflyingfrenchman

Post by theflyingfrenchman Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:22 pm

Luis wrote:Sammy Lee is a good man though, he will surprise a few

Well I certainly hope so. It'd be nice if we could give West Ham another thrashing and send them down.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:30 pm

theflyingfrenchman wrote:

Well I certainly hope so. It'd be nice if we could give West Ham another thrashing and send them down.

Jealous of the fact we have more:
    -History
    -Money
    -Fans
    -Much bigger
    -Attract more players

You suffer from small clubs syndrome...and I'll be looking forward to the demise of Bolton starting Saturday.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:32 pm

Yes but Deano, they're up there ^ and you are down there v Wink
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:33 pm

Luis wrote:Yes but Deano, they're up there ^ and you are down there v Wink

But that's irrelevant to his point...I would rather be 18th than 5th and have what we have ok

Just the simple fact we play entertaining football and have one of the best sets of fans in the country is enough for me Ale
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:34 pm

fair enough
    theflyingfrenchman
    theflyingfrenchman

Post by theflyingfrenchman Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:35 pm

Lucas Deano Neill wrote:

-History
    -Money
    -Fans
    -Much bigger
    -Attract more players

You suffer from small clubs syndrome...and I'll be looking forward to the demise of Bolton starting Saturday.

I guess we will be jealous when we're in the CHampionship. Except we' re not right now because we are on the verge of playing UEFA next season. You are on the verge of playing in the Championship. How sweet would it be if we sent you down yet again. Even more hateful than the Big 4, are definitely all those clubs who've done f@ck all but go on about fanbase and money as if that was reason enough for everyone to like them (Newcastle, City, West Ham) As for attracting more players, well you kan keep your Boa Morte's and your Quashie's, we've got Anelka and DIouf, and we had Djorkaeff and Okocha, possibly two of the classiest players the prem has seen. Of course you'll remember Okocha Wink
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:38 pm

Lucas Deano Neill wrote:

-History
    -Money
    -Fans
    -Much bigger
    -Attract more players

I guess we will be jealous when we're in the CHampionship. Except we' re not right now because we are on the verge of playing UEFA next season. You are on the verge of playing in the Championship. How sweet would it be if we sent you down yet again. Even more hateful than the Big 4, are definitely all those clubs who've done f@ck all but go on about fanbase and money as if that was reason enough for everyone to like them (Newcastle, City, West Ham) As for attracting more players, well you kan keep your Boa Morte's and your Quashie's, we've got Anelka and DIouf, and we had Djorkaeff and Okocha, possibly two of the classiest players the prem has seen. Of course you'll remember Okocha Wink

So you pick one of our worst players (Quashie) and compare him to having Anelka...

Tevez,Benayoun,Neill,Ashton,Green,Zamora etc...

The only reason you are where you are is because of Allardyce...now we'll see the real Bolton. I'll get the popocorn ready ok

Don't be so confident of beating us...we have 5 wins in 7, and I will be disappointed if we can't take 3 points from an Allardyceless and Nolanless Bolton.
    theflyingfrenchman
    theflyingfrenchman

Post by theflyingfrenchman Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:44 pm

Lucas Deano Neill wrote:
    Lucas Deano Neill wrote:

-History
    -Money
    -Fans
    -Much bigger
    -Attract more players

So you pick one of our worst players (Quashie) and compare him to having Anelka...

Tevez,Benayoun,Neill,Ashton,Green,Zamora etc...

The only reason you are where you are is because of Allardyce...now we'll see the real Bolton. I'll get the popocorn ready ok

Don't be so confident of beating us...we have 5 wins in 7, and I will be disappointed if we can't take 3 points from an Allardyceless and Nolanless Bolton.

I'm not confident of beating you - we're with 5 of our first team down. I just hope we do, because however much I may like you, I hate West Ham and wish to see themldown. Again. Because they think that because they are "big", they have a god given right to be at the top.

And you say the only reason we are where we are is because of Allardyce - as if it's a criticism. Of course it is - and we're proud of it. It's perhaps even more astonishing to be where we are considering that we're possibly one of the four smallest clubs in the Prem (Us, Sheff, , Fulham). And to think Allardyce never got manager of the year...
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:48 pm

We never said we have the god given right to be at the top...this all stems from other fans saying they like West Ham and deserve to be in the Premiership. That is fair enough, other fans don't want to see the likes of Sheffield United,Birmingham,Fulham and Wigan get small crowds and play boring football...

You obviously hate West Ham for that reason...

If you would rather see Sheffield United vs Wigan or Blackburn vs Fulham on MOTD than teams like us,City or Newcastle...there is something wrong with you.

I hate T*ttenham with passion, yet I wouldn't want them out of the Premiership for as long as we were in it. I want the $h!t,boring and small clubs relegated.
    theflyingfrenchman
    theflyingfrenchman

Post by theflyingfrenchman Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:57 pm

Lucas Deano Neill wrote:We never said we have the god given right to be at the top...this all stems from other fans saying they like West Ham and deserve to be in the Premiership. That is fair enough, other fans don't want to see the likes of Sheffield United,Birmingham,Fulham and Wigan get small crowds and play boring football...

If you would rather see Sheffield United vs Wigan or Blackburn vs Fulham on MOTD than teams like us,City or Newcastle...there is something wrong with you.

I hate T*ttenham with passion, yet I wouldn't want them out of the Premiership for as long as we were in it. I want the $h!t,boring and small clubs relegated.

Leeds deserve far more than you to be in the Premiership, on the we're big scale, and so do Sunderland, yet no one asks for them to be given a place instead of FUlham and co.

And I would rather Sheff Utd, Fulham and Wigan stay. I like these little clubs, from little towns. Is it fair that another London club should stay instead of a Yorkshire club like Sheff Utd?
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:05 pm

Lucas Deano Neill wrote:We never said we have the god given right to be at the top...this all stems from other fans saying they like West Ham and deserve to be in the Premiership. That is fair enough, other fans don't want to see the likes of Sheffield United,Birmingham,Fulham and Wigan get small crowds and play boring football...

Leeds deserve far more than you to be in the Premiership, on the we're big scale, and so do Sunderland, yet no one asks for them to be given a place instead of FUlham and co.

And I would rather Sheff Utd, Fulham and Wigan stay. I like these little clubs, from little towns. Is it fair that another London club should stay instead of a Yorkshire club like Sheff Utd?

So the point here is that we are a London club so you dislike us...and being a small town club yourself, you like lots of other small town clubs alongside you.

Also why Sunderland?? They have been a yo-yo club for too long, never have caused the Premiership any trouble at all as they always come up and go down. They always get overrated.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:07 pm

scratch
    theflyingfrenchman
    theflyingfrenchman

Post by theflyingfrenchman Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:09 pm

Lucas Deano Neill wrote:

So the point here is that we are a London club so you dislike us...and being a small town club yourself, you like lots of other small town clubs alongside you.

Also why Sunderland?? They have been a yo-yo club for too long, never have caused the Premiership any trouble at all as they always come up and go down. They always get overrated.

Yup. Can't blame me really, as a Boltonian and a Sheffielder for liking small town clubs.

And as for Sunderland, because they have a massive fan base, a big stadium - they're as "big" a club as any other.
    theflyingfrenchman
    theflyingfrenchman

Post by theflyingfrenchman Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:10 pm

debaser wrote:

scratch

Fulham fulfils one criteria Embarassed

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:52 pm