Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+67
Six
L r dd
Khadrim
debaser
stinger
Romford Pele
Ä
DeLux
EMP
Overmars
Yef
Pierre Littbarski
fcb
Fade out
Rosicky
hammer_jake
L.r.d
TITO
Murray
lrdsucksgoats
Cesc Soler
Black Magic
AsianBoy
S4P
Axeslammer
Machiavel
Batman
shazlx
Chocolate Thunder
Hlebagone
Arnaud loves Catherine
Luis
bluenine
Sheffield gunner
Allez les rouges
DS
blutgraetsche
Di Caniooooo!
Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U
SuperMario
Fey
COTR
robert
Ricardo Jol
Roger Hunt
The Pröfessör
110%
Football Genius
The Vermonster
poiuy1
Kimbo
Brian2468
The-Frank-Tavern
Isco Benny
Kroos
Glenarch of the Glen
Parks lives
Deluded F*ck™
The Easter Bunny
Hardrada
christmasborocooper
TM
Zack
TheCrazy58
Deano
Tweesus
theflyingfrenchman
71 posters

The let's laugh at Tottenham thread.

Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

The let's laugh at Tottenham thread. - Page 4 Empty Re: The let's laugh at Tottenham thread.

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:26 am

Brian3-5-2 wrote:Jenas looked lost out there on the right TM... Also did you see that move Gerrard do on Assou-Ekotto left him cold.....
    Gerrard raped him ok Assou-Ekotto is still only 21, mind.

Jenas can become a player in the style of what Gerrard is now on the right - or like a version of Mendieta when he was at Valencia.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

The let's laugh at Tottenham thread. - Page 4 Empty Re: The let's laugh at Tottenham thread.

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:27 am

Mendieta should be beaten to death with a sponge.
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:29 am

borocooper wrote:Mendieta should be beaten to death with a sponge.

I've only seen it on MotD - but he put Euell through for a relatively easy looking header.

Euell seemed to cock up every chance you had. Not Mendieta.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:30 am

Who said Mendieta missed chances?
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:30 am

TeamSpirit™️ wrote:
    Brian3-5-2 wrote:Jenas looked lost out there on the right TM... Also did you see that move Gerrard do on Assou-Ekotto left him cold.....

Jenas can become a player in the style of what Gerrard is now on the right - or like a version of Mendieta when he was at Valencia.

I'm sorry but Jenas often played on the right for us aswell and never impressed. If he was going to be a success there he would've been by now, he's had enough chances.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:33 am

borocooper wrote:Who said Mendieta missed chances?

and that was the ONE chance he made all game.

Seriously, he's fucking shit.

The fact that you have to compare him to Euell to make him look good says it all
    Brian2468

Number of posts : 4875

Post by Brian2468 Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:35 am

Same............Jenas lacks confidence at the core level and think he will never set a team on fire very often......
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:36 am

Kimbo wrote:
    TeamSpirit™️ wrote:

I'm sorry but Jenas often played on the right for us aswell and never impressed. If he was going to be a success there he would've been by now, he's had enough chances.
    12 goals in 150+ games for you lot.

9 goals in less than 50 for us.

He's developed his upside a lot more - or did you not watch him at all last season.. or did the scanning light from the cash desk blind ya, barcode?

Check out his performance in Prague. He's doing alright for us. He's One of those players - when he has a duff game - Everyone has a pop. When he has a good one, Motherfuckers stay silent.
    Brian2468

Post by Brian2468 Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:40 am

TeamSpirit™️ wrote:@ Brian

------------------------Robinson
    Chimbonda-----Dawson-------King------Assou-Ekotto
    Jenas--------Huddlestone----Zokora-------Ziegler
    ----------------Mido------------R.Keane

Should have been the starting line-up today. ok

------------------------Robinson-----------------------
    --------Dawson-------King------Assou-Ekotto--------
    --------------------------Davids------------------------
    Chimbonda--------Huddlestone----Zokora-------Ziegler

Ale
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:42 am

TeamSpirit™️ wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:
    TeamSpirit™️ wrote:

12 goals in 150+ games for you lot.

9 goals in less than 50 for us.

He's developed his upside a lot more - or did you not watch him at all last season.. or did the scanning light from the cash desk blind ya, barcode?

Check out his performance in Prague. He's doing alright for us. He's One of those players - when he has a duff game - Everyone has a pop. When he has a good one, Motherfuckers stay silent.

I watched him(sporadically), and i also heard Spurs fans having the same conversation we'd been having for 2 years before we offloaded him onto you lot. "Should he be in the first team?" - It's not a good sign when a player has had a question mark like that over him for so long. Ale
    Brian2468

Post by Brian2468 Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:45 am

I watched him many times last year....Some how he takes something away from building a good midfield chemistry like Fletcher does at Man U. leaving the team missing something Erm
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:45 am

Brian3-5-2 wrote:
    TeamSpirit™️ wrote:@ Brian

------------------------Robinson
    Chimbonda-----Dawson-------King------Assou-Ekotto
    Jenas--------Huddlestone----Zokora-------Ziegler

Should have been the starting line-up today. ok

------------------------Robinson-----------------------
    --------Dawson-------King------Assou-Ekotto--------
    --------------------------Davids------------------------
    Chimbonda--------Huddlestone----Zokora-------Ziegler

Ale

Both teams dont look top 5 stuff
    Brian2468

Post by Brian2468 Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:46 am

In the top 10 would be closer
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:47 am

I can't believe Huddlestone isn't getting played more, same with Ziegler who has always impressed me when I've seen him
    Cesc

Post by Cesc Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:49 am

Tweedledum wrote:I can't believe Huddlestone isn't getting played more, same with Ziegler who has always impressed me when I've seen him
    Huddlestone looked very good vs Prague and I am surprised he isn't getting more of a look in.

Ziegler is an obvious choice for the left hand side, but Jol does'nt seem to think so.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:50 am

Tweedledum wrote:I can't believe Huddlestone isn't getting played more, same with Ziegler who has always impressed me when I've seen him
    ok
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:54 am

Kimbo wrote:
    Brian3-5-2 wrote:Spurs and West Ham could go down together perfect like neighbours.. Basketball

I can't tell you how much i would love that. Laughing

@ brian...it wont happen....us and spurs are having a shit spell and soon we will both be back to winning ways

@kimbo....its fine to be jealous of teams who are better and more entertaining than newcastle Smile
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:09 am

Deano... is that a hint, a smidgen of a +ve comment about us Question

Go see the doctor - I'll pay for the treatment.
    The Vermonster

Number of posts : 522
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Vermaelen - Exceeding the greatest expectations
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by The Vermonster Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:14 am

Teamie... what is the problem with the Spurs... To be honest I am not exactly unhappy at their current state. However it surprises me that how can a team which was so good last season is in such dire straits now.

I know you have been unlucky with missed chances etc. However if the bad luck extends to six games then something else is also wrong.

Next up you have Pompey who are current league toppers and are going great guns. I wont be surprised if they keep another cleansheet at the lane while nicking the odd goal or two.

Last season we had a competitive North London derby in a long long time. I hope it stays that way this season too Very Happy
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:22 am

@ aby

I think it's just a lack of chemistry, combined with a run of fixtures that we traditionally don't do well in.

Last season here were our results from the corresponding games:

Bolton (A) L 0-1
    Wigan (H) D 2-2
    Everton (H) W 2-0
    Man Utd (A) D 1-1
    Fulham (H) W 1-0
    Liverpooll (A) L 0-1

We are only 4 points down from those same fixtures... It's Jol's 1st major test as a coach since coming here - the first time that the mountain that the club is climing is getting steeper - and I for one expect him to hold on. He will adjust eventually, it's a lot harder if you've lost the player who the whole team was built around.

We will get it sorted, I'm sure of that. Defensively we look settled - now all Jol needs to do is find the right chemistry in the midfield - giving Huddlestone & Ziegler more of a look in would help. There aere still players there with lots of ability - even without mentioning Aaron Lennon.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:23 am

TeamSpirit™️ wrote:Deano... is that a hint, a smidgen of a +ve comment about us Question

Actually it was a +ve comment about you yes.....but i only used it so i can sneak west ham into a +ve light Laugh
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:24 am

italian_hammer(DEANO!) wrote:
    TeamSpirit™️ wrote:Deano... is that a hint, a smidgen of a +ve comment about us Question

Actually it was a +ve comment about you yes.....but i only used it so i can sneak west ham into a +ve light Laugh
    Would you rather see Spurs Lose, or West Ham win?
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:27 am

TeamSpirit™️ wrote:
    italian_hammer(DEANO!) wrote:

Would you rather see Spurs Lose, or West Ham win?

west ham win obviously.....to be honest i couldnt really care what the spurs result is....its just a chance for banter when you lose etc...plus living with two spurs fan its nice to have the upper hand ok Ale
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Football Genius Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:11 pm

Spurs fans are hilarious, they thought they were really gonna push for a top 4 this season, hell they'll be lucky to get a UEFA cup spot at this rate !

JOKERS !
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:15 pm

Football Genius wrote:Spurs fans are hilarious, they thought they were really gonna push for a top 4 this season, hell they'll be lucky to get a UEFA cup spot at this rate !

JOKERS !

Liverpool fans are just as bad, thinking they would win the league.
    Rosicky

Post by Rosicky Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:18 pm

Parks Lives wrote:
    Football Genius wrote:Spurs fans are hilarious, they thought they were really gonna push for a top 4 this season, hell they'll be lucky to get a UEFA cup spot at this rate !

JOKERS !

same as united fans then really Wink
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:18 pm

kingrosicky wrote:
    Parks Lives wrote:

JOKERS !

same as united fans then really Wink

I said 2nd from the get go. We're a top quality ballwinner and another quality attacking player from fighting Chelsea all the way.

Last edited by on Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    L r d

Post by L r d Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:19 pm

Parks Lives wrote:

JOKERS !

Says the bloke who was insistant that "we're going to win the league" after 2 matches Razz

Spurs will be fine. Have we learnt nothing already about writing teams off just a month into the season?
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Football Genius Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:21 pm

Man Utd do not have the squad for 4 competitions this season, they cannot afford to comprimise the smaller trophies because they may end up empty handed.

Too many key players with too little experience, not enough quality in certain areas, hell 2nd would be an achievement in my book.
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:21 pm

Obispo wrote:
    Parks Lives wrote:

JOKERS !

Says the bloke who was insistant that "we're going to win the league" after 2 matches Razz

Spurs will be fine. Have we learnt nothing already about writing teams off just a month into the season?

I never said we'd win it. I was just rubbing it into the people who completely wrote us off before the season started as a spent force.

I don't think there's any shame coming second to Chelsea with the team/squad and finances they have.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 8:15 am