Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Effenberg
Rez
Pierre Littbarski
fcb
Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U
TITO
BoBo Vieri 32
Parks lives
bluenine
Jaime
La Saeta Rubia
Tweesus
golsud
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
TM
Sheffield gunner
Fey
Machiavel
22 posters

Best Performance in the past 15 years

Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Best Performance in the past 15 years Empty Best Performance in the past 15 years

Post by Machiavel Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:57 pm

any particular game springs to mind in continental Europe ?

Not being biased , but this game was not far off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vX3hKwef5k

Also one of the most 'beautiful' moment in Football , the opposition team who were 'heckled' whilst they played , applauded when they left the field at the end of the game , Football was the winner.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Best Performance in the past 15 years Empty Re: Best Performance in the past 15 years

Post by Fey Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:58 pm

Best Jew performance I ever saw ok Could have been 1-7
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal

Best Performance in the past 15 years Empty Re: Best Performance in the past 15 years

Post by Sheffield gunner Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:04 pm

Milan against Barca in the EC final in 1994 when they won 4-0. Simply incredible performance against a very strong team, in an extremely important game.
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:04 pm

Against the "Dream Team"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Laughing Laugh lol!

And who better? Don Capello!

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:06 pm

Milan- Barca 1994.
    Milan- Man U 2007.

These stand out for me.
    golsud

Number of posts : 4869
    Supports : Barça

Post by golsud Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:06 pm

Sheffield gunner wrote:Milan against Barca in the EC final in 1994 when they won 4-0. Simply incredible performance against a very strong team, in an extremely important game.

No
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:25 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:Milan- Barca 1994.
    Milan- Man U 2007.

These stand out for me.

More than Man Utd - Roma?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, but in that 2nd leg Utd played with 3 bac up defenders + a defender that hadn't played a single minute of professional football for three months
    La Saeta Rubia
    La Saeta Rubia

Number of posts : 5244
    Supports : Real Madrid

Post by La Saeta Rubia Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:33 pm

Depor knocking out Milan (who were the current champions) 4-0 after having lost the 1st leg 4-1 in Milan.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:36 pm

The two quartefinal legs of the 2003 CL -- Real Madrid v Manchester United & Manchester United v Real Madrid -- will go down in history. ok
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:02 pm

Personally I thought those were horrible games defensively.... and SAF committed tactical suicide in a very similar fashion to what Spalletti did in Old Trafford last season... the result was never in doubt.

The Juve-Real games were of much higher quality in the semi final that year...

Jaime wrote:The two quartefinal legs of the 2003 CL -- Real Madrid v Manchester United & Manchester United v Real Madrid -- will go down in history. ok

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:03 pm

bluenine wrote:Personally I thought those were horrible games defensively.... and SAF committed tactical suicide in a very similar fashion to what Spalletti did in Old Trafford last season... the result was never in doubt.

Jaime wrote:The two quartefinal legs of the 2003 CL -- Real Madrid v Manchester United & Manchester United v Real Madrid -- will go down in history. ok

Tactical suicide, but you will find few who agree Blue.
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:07 pm

Man United - Juventus 1999

2-0 down to win 3-2.

Still our best performance in Europe and away from home.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:08 pm

ok

I agree, that second leg is one of the best performances I have seen in the CL...

Parks lives wrote:Man United - Juventus 1999

2-0 down to win 3-2.

Still our best performance in Europe and away from home.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:12 pm

bluey

what about Inter - Valencia?
    or Arsenal - Inter ( the 3-0 one)?
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:22 pm

The Valencia - Inter at Mestalla coupla years ago that we won 5-1 was awesome... probably our best performance in the CL...

But my fav is the supercup win last season, Inter 4-3 Roma, the second half is teh best I have ever seen Inter play - coming back from 0-3!! Thats when I first thought this Inter is better than even Trap's Inter...

BoBo Vieri wrote:bluey

Last edited by on Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    golsud

Number of posts : 4869
    Supports : Barça

Post by golsud Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:24 pm

La Saeta Rubia wrote:Depor knocking out Milan (who were the current champions) 4-0 after having lost the 1st leg 4-1 in Milan.

ok

Another great one is when we massacred Madriz at the Cuerna last season 0-3, their fans applauded the genius that is Ronaldinho Biggrin
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:31 pm

Well you can hardly mention the Arsenal-Inter one knowing the home leg was lost 5-1 can you Wink

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:32 pm

Tweedle wrote:
    Milan- Man U 2007.

These stand out for me.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, but in that 2nd leg Utd played with 3 bac up defenders + a defender that hadn't played a single minute of professional football for three months

Doesn't matter because we executed a perfect game, so much so that Dunga salivates over it.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:33 pm

Tweedle wrote:

Well you can hardly mention the Arsenal-Inter one knowing the home leg was lost 5-1 can you Wink

Wink one word: Zaccheroni
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:34 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:
    Milan- Man U 2007.

These stand out for me.

Doesn't matter because we executed a perfect game, so much so that Dunga salivates over it.

You could say the same about Madrid then in the first leg that Jamie mentioned, yet you discounted that.

We we're just as bad in both games and had less first teamers in the game vs Milan.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:43 pm

ok

The most incompetent coach to win the scudetto EVER - he won onlty coz of the system capello left behind!!

BoBo Vieri wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:

Wink one word: Zaccheroni

Last edited by on Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TITO
    TITO

Number of posts : 3155

Post by TITO Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:44 pm

Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct.
    Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U
    Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U

Number of posts : 3621
    Supports : Manchester United
    Favourite Player : Patrice Evra
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Post by Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:55 pm

The Milan victory over Man U was the best I've personally seen this year. They were all over us really.

Don't know about 15 years.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:10 pm

TM wrote:Against the "Dream Team"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Laughing Laugh lol!

And who better? Don Capello!

I liked Barcelona's 3-0 against you. You lot stood up and applauded Ronaldinho Laugh
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:13 pm

Johannes wrote:any particular game springs to mind in continental Europe ?

Not being biased , but this game was not far off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vX3hKwef5k

Also one of the most 'beautiful' moment in Football , the opposition team who were 'heckled' whilst they played , applauded when they left the field at the end of the game , Football was the winner.

Great stuff ok

Stupid fucking language though.
    Rez

Number of posts : 3757
    Registration date : 2006-10-06

Post by Rez Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:14 pm

bluenine wrote:Personally I thought those were horrible games defensively.... and SAF committed tactical suicide in a very similar fashion to what Spalletti did in Old Trafford last season... the result was never in doubt.

It wasnt the smartest tactics by Fergie, but thats never been lord Fergs strongest area. His romanticsm is why the fans love him and I am happy that he will try and win playing the right way. If all the top teams played this way, the CL would be a lot more exciting.

For me it was one of the best games I have ever seen. Even though we went out, I was still really happy afterwards, as I had just witnessed the most amazing football.

@Blue

The Juve games were not as good, as Real were not at full strength.

@Forza

I cant believe we were so unfortunate to be on the end of Milans best performance in 13 years. Milan were awesome that night, we havent lost a big game that badly in years. I look forward to a rematch next season as long as Kaka is suspended.
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:17 pm

Rez wrote:

It wasnt the smartest tactics by Fergie, but thats never been lord Fergs strongest area. His romanticsm is why the fans love him and I am happy that he will try and win playing the right way. If all the top teams played this way, the CL would be a lot more exciting.

For me it was one of the best games I have ever seen. Even though we went out, I was still really happy afterwards, as I had just witnessed the most amazing football.

@Blue

The Juve games were not as good, as Real were not at full strength.

@Forza

I cant believe we were so unfortunate to be on the end of Milans best performance in 13 years. Milan were awesome that night, we havent lost a big game that badly in years. I look forward to a rematch next season as long as Kaka is suspended.

Hmmm.

Milan 4 Deportivo 1 in 2004 and Roma 1 Milan 2 in December 2003 were better performances IMO.
    Effenberg
    Effenberg

Number of posts : 3975

Post by Effenberg Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:27 pm

Ajax v Bayern 5-2 (1995)

Madrid v Barca 0-3 (last year)
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:39 pm

Deportivo 4-0 AC Milan is one that springs to mind...plus the AC Milan 4-1 Deportivo...
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:06 pm

TITO wrote:Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct.

lol! Yup that one gets my vote

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:10 am