Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

South American Schools

mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

South American Schools Empty South American Schools

Post by mongrel hawk Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:37 am

Escola Brasileira:

Brasil
    Peru
    Colômbia
    Equador
    and, to some extent, México and Bolívia

Escola Platina:

Argentina
    Uruguay
    Paraguay
    Chile

discuss
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

South American Schools Empty Re: South American Schools

Post by Calidad Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:38 am

What's Platina?

Something to do with a Latin-European fusion?
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:40 am

no, Platina = Argentina/Uruguaia, because of the Plate River (Rio de la Plata)

Calidad wrote:What's Platina?

Something to do with a Latin-European fusion?
    Calidad
    Calidad

Post by Calidad Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:40 am

So what are we discussing?
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:42 am

the different schools/styles of football in South America.

Paraguay and Chile follow the Argentine/Uruguayan style. While Colombia, Equador, and Peru follow th Brazilian.

Calidad wrote:So what are we discussing?
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Super Progress Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:03 am

i prefer the Escola Brasileira but i cant see it being too effective in todays game without quality players whereas the platina style is more likely to win you stuff. doubters would point at brazils record compared to argentina but brazil is unique in that no other country constantly produces so many world class players. and it could be argued that brazil does play more Platina then they used too. i gues 94 set that off for them.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Post by Calidad Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:09 am

What are the main differences?
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:31 am

Yes, we had our Genesis from the Brasil tree of football, and then we taught Colombia all the way back in the late 1940's. In fact, Argentina also had a hand in teaching Colombia how to play back then, and to a lesser extent Uruguay. It was during "El Dorado" years in the Colombian league where the best football in the world was played. Peruvians, Argentinians, and Uruguayans played there teaching Colombia the game.

We spread the gospel to Ecuador although they'll never admit it, they'd rather say they learned from Argentina or Colombia. Bolivia also tries to emulate our football, and that means Brasil since we learned from you. You know Venezuela looks up to you guys. <Ale>
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Number of posts : 2336
    Supports : Club Atlético Boca Juniors
    Favourite Player : Maxi Lopez, aka, TWD (The White Drogba)

Post by Barrilete Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:38 am

Well there isn't much mystery really, is it? The most prolific Brazilian football philosophy sustains that talent and technique surpasses all(something I agree to) or at least that's how we over here see it. Historically our game over here when facing the canarinha (wich of course wasn't the canarinha until the 50's occurred)has been based on getting the brazilians out of their game, of their rhythm and style of play, if you know what I mean. . From Varela stopping the game after the brazilian goal on the maracanaço having a futile debate with the ref about the goals validity while waiting for that boiler of a stadium that was Maracana to cool down a bit, for his players to recover and for the brazilians to slow their rhythm, to these days we've turned to every resources we've had to stop them from playing, wich was priority rather than to "over"play them(a term I just made up if it's not clear, say so and I'll try harder).

That was a simplified version of what we think about the escola brasileira.

About the "argentine school" I could say that there was none, till the WC 78. Menotti was the first one to unite enough football styles and philosophy's to form his own school in this country. His success, personality, and knowledge established the first one out of the two main schools that exist here and If I had to describe it in very few words I would say that his football is "extreme-adversary's goal-oriented". On the other hand accompanied by the succes in 86, Bilardo was made the face of a more results oriented school which looks with kind to the "the end justifies the means" saying.

Well that's all I'm saying now since dinner is ready and I'm starving...

Oh Basile would love to be considered a "menotista" but he actually has a big bit of Bilardo's style
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:45 am

from what i understand argentinas style is southamerican with a touch of european tactics.it can be beautiful but still ruthless i suppose. while brasilian style is technique and creativty will always win. to be honest i dont think anyone play the brasilian way anymore. i would say africans play with the same risk in defence and overattacks but dont have the same technique.
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:54 am

Calidad wrote:What are the main differences?

Brasil--------------Argentina
    Perú---------------Uruguay
    Colombia---------Paraguay
    Ecuador-----------Chile
    Venezuela--------Bolivia (although they tried to emulate us first)

Now, México were taught by Argentinians, Brasileiros, Peruvians, Uruguayans, Paraguayans and Chileans when teams from the Mexican league signed players from all these countries back in the early '70s. México were really bad until all these South Americans arrived there and taught them Mexicans how to play. <Ale>

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:33 pm