Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
toon h
Barrilete
Ricardo Jol
Puro
OP9
Oleguerisntthatbad
mongrel hawk
11 posters

under-20 south american cup in Paraguay

mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

under-20 south american cup in Paraguay Empty under-20 south american cup in Paraguay

Post by mongrel hawk Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:27 pm

it has began, and will decide which s american teams will take part in the WC and in the Olympic games.

first round:

Grupo A
    Brasil 4 x 2 Chile
    Paraguai 0 x 0 Bolívia
    Grupo B
    Venezuela 1 x 0 Uruguai
    Argentina 1 x 1 Equador

Brazil v. Chile was a great game.

Internacional 17-year-old Alexandre Pato scored this beauty after a pass by Corinthians player Willian:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-MmWPGC1YM

look out tonight, Mr. Puro, cos we'll trash Peru... Wink
    Rosicky

under-20 south american cup in Paraguay Empty Re: under-20 south american cup in Paraguay

Post by Rosicky Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:02 pm

v nice goal Ale
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

under-20 south american cup in Paraguay Empty Re: under-20 south american cup in Paraguay

Post by mongrel hawk Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:30 pm

It reminds me of the game against Venezuela, when a teen Ronaldinho appeared to the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKindriWrOg
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Number of posts : 7180
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:41 pm

I can't believe that Argentina didn't win.. But I guess they miss a lot of strikers that have made the jump early.. Messi, Agüero, Higuaín..

Post by Guest Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:57 pm

the argentina team i saw yesterday is crap i can't believe how bad they are.
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Number of posts : 7180
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:16 pm

Messiah wrote:the argentina team i saw yesterday is crap i can't believe how bad they are.

I didn't watch the match but Argentinean press certainly isn't impressed. It is a shame though since they are usual a great side.
    OP9
    OP9

Number of posts : 1476
    Supports : Tigres, Leverkusen, Mexico
    Favourite Player : Dzeko, Cristiano Ronaldo, Gio Dos Santos, Ibisevic, Memo Ochoa, Begovic, OP9
    Registration date : 2006-09-18

Post by OP9 Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:19 am

I think Mexico is going to make a splash because they are basically the same team that won the under 17 two years ago
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:50 am

what are you talking about? I didn't know Mexico was in S America!

no Mexico here, mate. Very Happy

MexicanTeamOfTheRosesFan wrote:I think Mexico is going to make a splash because they are basically the same team that won the under 17 two years ago
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:56 am

tonight:

Paraguay 1 - 0 Chile

Brazil 2 - 1 Peru

Brazil played badly, and our defence was a joke in both games.
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:48 pm

todo wrote:tonight:

Paraguay 1 - 0 Chile

Brazil 2 - 1 Peru

We were very unlucky to lose the game as time expired. Extremely unlucky. We also missed a sitter late in the game that had you beaten 2-1. Congrats Brasileiro! you're through already to next round with this lucky win. Bring on Paraguay! Biggrin <Ale>
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Ricardo Jol Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:49 pm

is this still the group stages...?
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:53 pm

right, puro. you equalized and parked the bus. but the bus was crashed in the end.

this Brazil's defence is one of the worst I've seen in my life. our midfield is very good though.

right back Amaral should be replaced by Fagner. striker edgar should go out and never come back.

Alexandre Pato, Leandro Lima, and Lucas are our best players so far.

Puro wrote:
    todo wrote:tonight:

Paraguay 1 - 0 Chile

Brazil 2 - 1 Peru

We were very unlucky to lose the game as time expired. Extremely unlucky. We also missed a sitter late in the game that had you beaten 2-1. Congrats Brasileiro! you're through already to next round with this lucky win. Bring on Paraguay! Biggrin <Ale>
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:55 pm

@puro

I think peru may come third after Brazil and Paraguay.

it may be:

brazil
    paraguay
    peru
    chile
    bolivia

Ric Jol wrote:is this still the group stages...?

yes
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:55 pm

Sí Ricardo, it was Perú's first game. We have Paraguay, Chile, and Bolivia. Top 3 from each group advance to second round. The remaining 6 teams will play round robin. The top 4 will go to the WC, and the top 2 to the Olympics I believe. We had Brasil Ricardo!!! We had them and let them escape!!! Biggrin <Ale>
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:02 pm

todo wrote:@puro

I think peru may come third after Brazil and Paraguay.

it may be:

brazil
    paraguay
    peru
    chile
    bolivia

yes

We are missing our two best players who happen to be our top strikers Daniel Chávez (Club Brugge) and Jairzinho Baylón (Alianza Lima).

Chávez got injured and Baylón's absence is due to conflicts between his agents and Alianza Lima. Apparently Alianza Lima's president (lots of clout) put pressure on Federación Peruana de Fútbol to not take him to the competition so that European scouts don't see him play. Baylón is a "free" player as we speak so Alianza Lima wouldn't make any money with a transfer to a European team. <Ale>
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:02 pm

Puro wrote:

Sí Ricardo, it was Perú's first game. We have Paraguay, Chile, and Bolivia. Top 3 from each group advance to second round. The remaining 6 teams will play round robin. The top 4 will go to the WC, and the top 2 to the Olympics I believe. We had Brasil Ricardo!!! We had them and let them escape!!! Biggrin <Ale>

So there is nothing lost then... ! Let's hop you can go to the second round!

Are Brasil really that bad, As Todo said...? Are there no talents in this category.. or did they come up with a second team...?
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:06 pm

Ric Jol wrote:
    Puro wrote:

So there is nothing lost then... ! Let's hop you can go to the second round!

Are Brasil really that bad, As Todo said...? Are there no talents in this category.. or did they come up with a second team...?

Brasil are always good, really good. I think they're missing one or two players just like us. Todo was just convinced Brasil were gonna crush us, and we can play. As disorganized as we are, we can still play. Just wait 'till we get the whole house in order. Biggrin <Ale>
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:10 pm

phew... I almost thought Brasil were down hill! Anyway, unlucky for you guys!

Post by Guest Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:53 pm

Argentine lost 2-1 to columbia yesterday.

The columbian #10 was every lively and assisted their 2nd goal after running though the entire argentine defense, argentine was shit.
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:12 pm

Messiah wrote:Argentine lost 2-1 to columbia yesterday.

The columbian #10 was every lively and assisted their 2nd goal after running though the entire argentine defense, argentine was shit.

Columbia are always good as those tourneys... But later on you hear nothing from them anymore... how come...?
    OP9
    OP9

Favourite Player : Dzeko, Cristiano Ronaldo, Gio Dos Santos, Ibisevic, Memo Ochoa, Begovic, OP9

Post by OP9 Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:19 pm

todo wrote:what are you talking about? I didn't know Mexico was in S America!

no Mexico here, mate. Very Happy

MexicanTeamOfTheRosesFan wrote:I think Mexico is going to make a splash because they are basically the same team that won the under 17 two years ago

Talking about the next -20 world cup Wink
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Number of posts : 2336
    Supports : Club Atlético Boca Juniors
    Favourite Player : Maxi Lopez, aka, TWD (The White Drogba)

Post by Barrilete Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:03 pm

Argentina have the worst team I've ever seen in my life...and if we consider the team we had for the previous preolimpic southamerican u20 it's just shameful. I seriously fear for qualification...anyway Boca might get Colombia's 10 soon...don't know how I feel about it...as for u20...let's leave this thread to die slowly and the shame with it... Sad
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:45 pm

Barrilete_Cosmico wrote:Argentina have the worst team I've ever seen in my life...and if we consider the team we had for the previous preolimpic southamerican u20 it's just shameful. I seriously fear for qualification...anyway Boca might get Colombia's 10 soon...don't know how I feel about it...as for u20...let's leave this thread to die slowly and the shame with it... Sad
    is
    You can't win it everytime.... well but you are argentina... so it is always possible
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:07 pm

peru 2 - 4 chile

brasil 3 - 0 bolivia

venezuela 1 - 3 equador

uruguai 1 - 0 colômbia

grupo A (points/played)

brasil 9 / 3
    paraguai 7 / 3
    chile 6 / 4
    bolívia 1 / 3
    peru 0 / 3

grupo b

uruguai 6 / 3
    equador 4 / 3
    colômbia 3 / 2
    venezuela 3 / 2
    argentina 1 / 2
    OP9
    OP9

Post by OP9 Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:00 pm

Why is Argentina so bad?
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:06 pm

MexicanTeamOfTheRosesFan wrote:Why is Argentina so bad?

they have bad boys.... pirat
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:39 am

argentina 6 - 0 venezuela

MexicanTeamOfTheRosesFan wrote:Why is Argentina so bad?
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:15 am

colombia 1 - 0 equador

brazil 1 - 1 paraguay

bolivia 4 - 1 peru

again, we played badly. paraguay deserved the win. our defense is a joke. our full backs are poor. Amaral, our right back, should be replaced by Fagner, but our coach Nelson Rodrigues is a bit of a retard (you can tell that just by listening to him talking). our only good players are the gaúchos Alexandre Pato and Lucas. Leandro Lima began the tournment well, but then he began to dive like fuck. he's beginning to look like robinho in a bad way. anyway, we finished first of our group, god knows how.

brazil, paraguay and chile qualified. I thought peru would go on, but they let me down.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:10 pm

todo wrote:colombia 1 - 0 equador

brazil 1 - 1 paraguay

bolivia 4 - 1 peru

again, we played badly. paraguay deserved the win. our defense is a joke. our full backs are poor. Amaral, our right back, should be replaced by Fagner, but our coach Nelson Rodrigues is a bit of a retard (you can tell that just by listening to him talking). our only good players are the gaúchos Alexandre Pato and Lucas. Leandro Lima began the tournment well, but then he began to dive like fuck. he's beginning to look like robinho in a bad way. anyway, we finished first of our group, god knows how.

brazil, paraguay and chile qualified. I thought peru would go on, but they let me down.

We were out before the tourney began Todo. We will always be out until Burga is gone from the FPF. <Ale>
    toon h
    toon h

Number of posts : 8715
    Supports : FC Barcelona

Post by toon h Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:49 pm

Brazil - Argentina up next, no?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:37 pm