Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
blehh
fcb
Knoblauch
Deano
Machiavel
Sheffield gunner
Arnaud loves Catherine
Fey
Allez les rouges
Isco Benny
bluenine
Kimbo
Puro
110%
dont panic!
Axeslammer
robert
L r d hAsta LueGo
Barrilete
Parks lives
The-Frank-Tavern
SuperMario
26 posters

Should International football be abolished?

SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Should International football be abolished? Empty Should International football be abolished?

Post by SuperMario Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:54 pm

discuss

Last edited by on Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Should International football be abolished? Empty Re: Should International football be abolished?

Post by SuperMario Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:57 pm

Imo we can do with at least a 50% reduction in matches
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Should International football be abolished? Empty Re: Should International football be abolished?

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:02 pm

its becoming a bit of a waste of time, but i doubt the germans, italians and french would agree they seem to be quite good at it unlike negland and holland. defo a qualifying tournie this summer for the 3-6/7 ranked teams to get down to groups of 4 for the qualifiers may help and avoid pointless matches v rubbish such as andorra, san marino, faroe islands, etc.
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Parks lives Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:04 pm

Friendlies? Yes.
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Number of posts : 2336
    Supports : Club Atlético Boca Juniors
    Favourite Player : Maxi Lopez, aka, TWD (The White Drogba)

Post by Barrilete Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:05 pm

I don't think so...what games can you leave out?qualys? maybe in europe where you play the shittiest teams on earth, but what else can be spared? teams need friendlies to find form and the right XI and stuff. It's True though that these games are badly organized when considering location and date
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:08 pm

First of all we can make 2 tiers in International football. Let the San Marino's play the Faroe's. 2 tiers means less than half the matches required during the regular season. Best countries from the lower tier promote to higher tier. Worst countries from higher tier relegate to lower tier.

Imo it's ridiculous top players from topclubs can get injured while having to play Neverheardofistan on a pitch on which I wouldn't let my dog $h!t.

Last edited by on Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
    L r d hAsta LueGo
    L r d hAsta LueGo

Number of posts : 2388
    Registration date : 2007-10-19

Post by L r d hAsta LueGo Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:09 pm

Have a month where you get the qualifiers over with. Then at the end of the season play a few friendlies. In the domestic season i don't want internationals in the way. And i don't like the situation with England where you have to wait a month to see if Israel can get a result
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:11 pm

Barrilete_Cosmico wrote: teams need friendlies to find form and the right XI and stuff. It's True though that these games are badly organized when considering location and date

Like Lrd said, if Friendlies have to happen, do them in the summer only.
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:17 pm

friendlies are defo needed to give players a chance and experiment with formations, etc. BUT their inclusion in the main calender causes mayhem means the clubs don't want to release players and invariably don't and international managers don't get the benefit these matches bring either.
    robert
    robert

Number of posts : 5672
    Supports : Manchester United
    Favourite Player : Giggs
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by robert Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:17 pm

I like international breaks. Always seem to come at the right time. For example this season, we had Vidic out with a concussion. Without the international breaks that would have been 2 or at least 3 games without him playing instead of just one.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:03 pm

L r d wrote:Have a month where you get the qualifiers over with. Then at the end of the season play a few friendlies. In the domestic season i don't want internationals in the way. And i don't like the situation with England where you have to wait a month to see if Israel can get a result

I like this idea ok

No breakup in regular season, just a small qualifying tournament, different location per group.

This way the national manager has his group together for a longer time and can actually work on some teambuilding too...

Combine this with the two-tier thing and we've got a great qualifying system Ale
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:06 pm

Like LRD's suggestion too.
    dont panic!
    dont panic!

Number of posts : 965
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by dont panic! Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:18 pm

jonathan de guzman wrote:discuss

NO!!!

its more important than club football...if anything scrap the UEFA cup...
    dont panic!
    dont panic!

Number of posts : 965
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by dont panic! Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:19 pm

L r d wrote:Have a month where you get the qualifiers over with. Then at the end of the season play a few friendlies. In the domestic season i don't want internationals in the way. And i don't like the situation with England where you have to wait a month to see if Israel can get a result

GREAT idea...that would be like having a PRE-tournament.. tournament.....very cool..
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:24 pm

jonathan de guzman wrote:First of all we can make 2 tiers in International football. Let the San Marino's play the Faroe's. 2 tiers means less than half the matches required during the regular season. Best countries from the lower tier promote to higher tier. Worst countries from higher tier relegate to lower tier.

Imo it's ridiculous top players from topclubs can get injured while having to play Neverheardofistan on a pitch on which I wouldn't let my dog $h!t.

Laughing

personally I would rather see all the big teams in the final tournament, so let all the smaller teams without big leagues like norway, denmark etc fight it out with even smaller teams like andorra etc to see who ends up in the tournament, and just let all the big teams in automatically

of course fans of the smaller nations are going to say this is unfair, but I didn't say it was fair, just what i would like to see in a finals tournament. More or less all the big teams get there anyway and are knackered after a hard season. Just put them in directly, better for everyone.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:43 pm

few countries automatically qualifed is fine with me, say best 4-8 finshers in last EC/WC.
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:08 pm

If you ask any Peruvian, they will tell you YES! Nicolas Delfino (previous FPF president) and his pupil Manuel Burga (current president) have KILLED Peruvian football. I'm not joking, Peruvian football is dead. Hardly anything remains from what used to be a top 8 team in the world.

So, to answer your question, 99% of Peruvians don't care if FIFA revokes our membership once our government interferes removing Burga from the FPF. I'm one of the 99%, and couldn't care less about La selección nowadays. It's dead, Delfino and Burga have killed our football at all levels. <Ale>
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:14 pm

Internationals just gets in the way of the proper football for me, but there are still people about that like it so... what can you do?
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:23 pm

I think the CL style qualifying campaign is better, doing it over 2 phases....

First phase, leave out the top 8-10 teams, and let the rest of them battle it out to reduce the field. Then have CL group phase like qualifying games for 32 teams in 8 groups. So most teams will play 6 games, thats about right!
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:24 pm

think you could leave out the top 16 or so bluey, ie 2 automatic qualifiers for each group.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:29 pm

What I meant was that for the Euro, the final qualfying tournament should only include top 32 teams in 8 groups, top 2 from each group making it.

since the host automatically qualifies, have 28 teams in 7 groups.

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:think you could leave out the top 16 or so bluey, ie 2 automatic qualifiers for each group.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:33 pm

People who dont support big named teams like most of you c**ts rely on International football as the only real glamorous football they get to indulge in; or at least go abroad to watch.

99 percent of the people who arent arsed about international football support/gloryhunt a big club. W to the G mo fo's
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:49 pm

dont panic! wrote:
    jonathan de guzman wrote:discuss

NO!!!

its more important than club football...if anything scrap the UEFA cup...

Closest I've ever come to agreeing with Don't Panic Wink <Ale>
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:51 pm

TRWP wrote:People who dont support big named teams like most of you c**ts rely on International football as the only real glamorous football they get to indulge in; or at least go abroad to watch.

99 percent of the people who arent arsed about international football support/gloryhunt a big club. W to the G mo fo's

I like the way you have the balls to call the board c**ts Bernd, also admire your sentiments.

A <Ale> of motherfucking restecp to you too ok
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:55 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:
    TRWP wrote:People who dont support big named teams like most of you c**ts rely on International football as the only real glamorous football they get to indulge in; or at least go abroad to watch.

I like the way you have the balls to call the board c**ts Bernd, also admire your sentiments.

Only a c**t supporting Man U/Barcelona/Madrid/Milan/Newcastle etc. would actually agree with aborting national football.

If anything, there is too much club football, not the otherway round.
    L r d hAsta LueGo
    L r d hAsta LueGo

Number of posts : 2388
    Registration date : 2007-10-19

Post by L r d hAsta LueGo Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:56 pm

TRWP wrote:
    Allez les rouges wrote:

Only a c**t supporting Man U/Barcelona/Madrid/Milan/Newcastle etc. would actually agree with aborting national football.

Love the way you throw Newcastle in with the biggest names in world football just to include kimbo lol!
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:57 pm

How can you argue against the fact it needs to be planned better. 3 weeks into every season we have to have a 2 week International break.

Complete farce.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:00 pm

L r d wrote:
    TRWP wrote:
    Allez les rouges wrote:

Love the way you throw Newcastle in with the biggest names in world football just to include kimbo lol!

ok Cool
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:01 pm

Come on, let's have another vote on here – I can't be the only person here who hactually LOOKS FORWARD to international breaks. And my club is doing well at the moment.
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Number of posts : 2336
    Supports : Club Atlético Boca Juniors
    Favourite Player : Maxi Lopez, aka, TWD (The White Drogba)

Post by Barrilete Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:02 pm

jonathan de guzman wrote:few countries automatically qualifed is fine with me, say best 4-8 finshers in last EC/WC.

so...a country like greece would qualify automatically?
    Shocked

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 5:26 pm