Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Kimbo
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Sheffield gunner
Machiavel
Cricky
Allez les rouges
dont panic!
Dwarf
Black Magic
Glenarch of the Glen
Deano
Cesc Soler
DD
Kroos
18 posters

englands: first an foreign coach, and now a goalkeepter too

Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

englands: first an foreign coach, and now a goalkeepter too Empty englands: first an foreign coach, and now a goalkeepter too

Post by Kroos Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:30 am

dear oh dear

when will this end

england is a disgrace, you have to play with your own players

and not come on with

poldi, klose situation, thats really different to make a 30 year almunia to an england
    DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC

englands: first an foreign coach, and now a goalkeepter too Empty Re: englands: first an foreign coach, and now a goalkeepter too

Post by DD Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:34 am

Oh dear...
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
    Supports : Arsenal FC
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

englands: first an foreign coach, and now a goalkeepter too Empty Re: englands: first an foreign coach, and now a goalkeepter too

Post by Cesc Soler Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:38 am

I would rate this as doubtful. He still has to stay in England an extra year for this to happen and there is no guarentee that this will happen.

Paul Robinson is starting to get into some form again and Robert Green is always in the wings. Even youngster Joe Hart is emerging as a real talent.

Its all media talk. Capello may not even like the idea!
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:08 pm

Toni Kroos wrote:dear oh dear

when will this end

and not come on with

poldi, klose situation, thats really different to make a 30 year almunia to an england

Oh be quiet you silly Kraut c**t...Almunia won't even be playing for England. England are one of the only teams in the world who use all of their own players.

You have loads of non-German players:

Klose, Podolski, Tasci, Trochowski, Asamoah, Kuranyi, Jones...

Half of your other players are of Italian, Spanish, English decent etc...

Now be quiet you mug, this seriously has to be te worst thread on here...
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:11 pm

Almunia's said he'd consider playing for England. Does that make England a disgrace? If so, I'd consider playing for Germany so that must make Germany a disgrace Ale
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:13 pm

Glenny Chrysémas wrote:Almunia's said he'd consider playing for England. Does that make England a disgrace? If so, I'd consider playing for Germany so that must make Germany a disgrace Ale

Check and Mate. <Ale>
    Dwarf

Number of posts : 7502
    Supports : Operation Puerto
    Favourite Player : Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Dwarf Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:43 pm

Surely, if we were going to go down this line, Cudicini would be a far more likely alternative.
    dont panic!
    dont panic!

Number of posts : 965
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by dont panic! Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:28 am

Scott Parker wrote:

when will this end

and not come on with

Oh be quiet you silly Kraut c**t...Almunia won't even be playing for England. England are one of the only teams in the world who use all of their own players.

you forgot neuville..he can hardly speak german properly...!!!
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:34 am

dont panic! wrote:
    Scott Parker wrote:

when will this end

and not come on with

you forgot neuville..he can hardly speak german properly...!!!

Not only that Swiss fella either, the whole strike force is foreign.

Even Ballack is from EAST Germany. Razz
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:27 pm

Only with Neuville and Kuranyi (not least cos of the way they speak, although they have German parentage) does the "they're not German" argument hold any water at all.

Some might interpret these ignorant insinuations as racially offensive...

And where do some of these idiots get off spouting their ignorant bile:

Jermaine Jones: born in Germany, one German parent

Serdar Tasci: born in Germany

Podolski, Trochowski, Klose and Asamoah came to Germany at the ages of 2, 5, 7 and 11 respectively. Some might say 11 is pushing it, but you are likely to feel more a part of the country your family has moved to at that kind of age.

Not everyone is a pure-blood with two parents of the same nationality, born in that country and living there ever since. Get real and cut the bullshit – in no way is this comparable to the Almunia situation. (Although there too, I'm inclined to say good luck to both sides.)
    Black Magic

Post by Black Magic Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:34 pm

AllezlenezrougedeRodolphe wrote:

Jermaine Jones

I saw him score for Schalke in the CL and I thought the USA have some player on their hands, later I found out he was German! Shocked
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:42 pm

Yeah cool name isn't it for a German – son of a GI and a German mother, tho committed to the Mannschaft now.
    dont panic!
    dont panic!

Post by dont panic! Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:49 pm

AllezlenezrougedeRodolphe wrote:Only with Neuville and Kuranyi (not least cos of the way they speak, although they have German parentage) does the "they're not German" argument hold any water at all.

Some might interpret these ignorant insinuations as racially offensive...

And where do some of these idiots get off spouting their ignorant bile:

Jermaine Jones: born in Germany, one German parent

Serdar Tasci: born in Germany

Podolski, Trochowski, Klose and Asamoah came to Germany at the ages of 2, 5, 7 and 11 respectively. Some might say 11 is pushing it, but you are likely to feel more a part of the country your family has moved to at that kind of age.

Not everyone is a pure-blood with two parents of the same nationality, born in that country and living there ever since. Get real and cut the bullshit – in no way is this comparable to the Almunia situation. (Although there too, I'm inclined to say good luck to both sides.)

what age would you like to set the limit?...fact is they were born abroad and could have played for another country other than germany..thats not racism...its a fact...

would you say a player has to have at least one parent from his chosen country if he is born abroad and doesnt live in that country until he is 17?

its an incredibly tricky situation...there are always grey areas...it was just ironic for a german to have a go at others for gathering players from other countries...when 1/4 of the german team is 'foreign'
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:20 pm

Well we can disagree on the emphasis placed, but clearly we're not talking about an almuniaesque situation here as I said.

"Could have played for another country" doesn't mean "they're not proper Germans" – that's my point. Many people COULD legitimately play for up to four or more countries, of course – it's not for others to dictate to them which their loyalty should be towards, it's how they feel. <Ale>

What you say implicitly agrees with this as far as I can see – although Kevin and Neuville have parentage, yes the former still has a funny Spanishy accent (born in Brazil, grew up in Panama) and the latter couldn't even speak German when he started playing for the national team (!!). For all the others, they are clearly to all intents and purposes German, that's the language they speak and that's their culture. For me, what's more impressive is that say Poldi's Polish is (I assume) fluent despite his living in Schland since the age of two!
    dont panic!
    dont panic!

Post by dont panic! Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:12 am

AllezlenezrougedeRodolphe wrote:Well we can disagree on the emphasis placed, but clearly we're not talking about an almuniaesque situation here as I said.

"Could have played for another country" doesn't mean "they're not proper Germans" – that's my point. Many people COULD legitimately play for up to four or more countries, of course – it's not for others to dictate to them which their loyalty should be towards, it's how they feel. <Ale>

What you say implicitly agrees with this as far as I can see – although Kevin and Neuville have parentage, yes the former still has a funny Spanishy accent (born in Brazil, grew up in Panama) and the latter couldn't even speak German when he started playing for the national team (!!). For all the others, they are clearly to all intents and purposes German, that's the language they speak and that's their culture. For me, what's more impressive is that say Poldi's Polish is (I assume) fluent despite his living in Schland since the age of two!

absolutely...the problem is..where is the cutoff point?..11...15....23?...as far as i can see there isnt one...you just need to have lived in a country long enough and have never played for another country...i was simply making a point to show how ridiculous the threads opening poster was being...

my only problem is that i wouldnt want anyone to play for england who would rather play for someone else if he had the chance....but just would never get picked...

if almunia feels english..and would rather see england win the world cup than anyone else...then fine..
    Cricky

Number of posts : 161
    Registration date : 2007-10-26

Post by Cricky Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:19 pm

The difference is between playing for a country you feel attached to or play because of other reasons.

I think Alumnia shouldnt play for england as Pieterson should not play for the England cricket team.

These cases can not be compared to Podolski or Klose. The closest thing was Isamael I think who made himself availabe for Germany and Klinsmann said he was not an option. I think most Germans were happy with that.

I know portugese people who are getting upset at Brazilians playing for them, it used to be just Deco but now Pepe as well.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:21 pm

Pietersen had no choice, with the so called 'quotas' in South African cricket he would have not got a chance to play for his club and he has a English mother so went to the next option.
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:28 pm

Surely Kevin Pietersen is comparable to Kevin Kuranyi. Both born in a country other than the one they represent, both moving to their 'new' country once they were adolescents or slightly older. Pietersen was older than Kuranyi when he moved but the point is that neither grew up in England or Germany and qualified for their countries because of the nationality of one of their parents.
    Cricky

Number of posts : 161
    Registration date : 2007-10-26

Post by Cricky Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:34 pm

Pieterson was a bowler in SA and was batting at 8 (I think it was 8 maybe it was 7) The truth is he was not good enough at the moment and got better playing in England.

He then chose to play for England after he had only been there for a few years, I somehow doubt he felt english after a few years.

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:31 pm

It is funny that despite the contempt the English have for Italian football (don't deny it, it's all over), they pick an Italian coach. I don't think Capello can win anything with the current mediocre bunch anyway.

However, the fact that a German started this thread is laughable.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:34 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:It is funny that despite the contempt the English have for Italian football (don't deny it, it's all over)
    scratch I always though it was the other way round myself.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:41 pm

Merry Krimbo wrote:
    Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:It is funny that despite the contempt the English have for Italian football (don't deny it, it's all over)

Italians may have contempt for English football (debatable), but then again they haven't hired an Englishman to head their national team. So yes, they are consistently contemptuous.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:42 pm

I'd rather have Kevin Pietersen in goal than Alumina ok
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:00 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:
    Merry Krimbo wrote:

Italians may have contempt for English football (debatable), but then again they haven't hired an Englishman to head their national team. So yes, they are consistently contemptuous.

On Sampdoria Forum a lot of them are always making Premiership related threads...It depends on the person...I don't think there is any contempt at all...
    L r d hAsta LueGo
    L r d hAsta LueGo

Number of posts : 2388
    Registration date : 2007-10-19

Post by L r d hAsta LueGo Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:06 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:It is funny that despite the contempt the English have for Italian football (don't deny it, it's all over), they pick an Italian coach. I don't think Capello can win anything with the current mediocre bunch anyway.

In the 90's everybody liked and watched italian footy. But then la liga took over, and not many people both to watch 3 leagues, so the love for italian footy died with it. The stereotype of boring football is not a contempt for the game. On here for example, the non english posters are a lot more anti english than the other way around true story <Ale>
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:17 pm

James Richardson talks about it quite a lot on the Guardian podcasts, and he is firmly of the mind that it is pretty cheap of us English to turn to an Italian manager when we generally criticise Italian football for being corrupt/cheats/lucky/defensive/negative, etc.

He did say though that particularly amongst the 'old school' in Italy, English football and by extension the England manager's job is seen as very respectable because it is the origin of modern football.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:21 pm

L r d wrote:
    Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:It is funny that despite the contempt the English have for Italian football (don't deny it, it's all over), they pick an Italian coach. I don't think Capello can win anything with the current mediocre bunch anyway.

In the 90's everybody liked and watched italian footy. But then la liga took over, and not many people both to watch 3 leagues, so the love for italian footy died with it. The stereotype of boring football is not a contempt for the game. On here for example, the non english posters are a lot more anti english than the other way around true story <Ale>

Well the people here are intelligent posters.

I was talking about some of the pundits. I agree with your true story bit.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:23 pm

Sheffield gunner wrote:James Richardson talks about it quite a lot on the Guardian podcasts, and he is firmly of the mind that it is pretty cheap of us English to turn to an Italian manager when we generally criticise Italian football for being corrupt/cheats/lucky/defensive/negative, etc.

He did say though that particularly amongst the 'old school' in Italy, English football and by extension the England manager's job is seen as very respectable because it is the origin of modern football.

Many expats have touched on this. However, the oracle from Milan, merseyman, loathes all things Italian football. He is a phenomenal poster, so his opinion holds weight, and a lot on here have taken it uncritically.

Italians are certainly arrogant when it comes to their football, but they don't deride English football. They have an enormous amount of respect for their organization, grit, and now modern stadia.
    wrexhamboi08
    wrexhamboi08

Number of posts : 25
    Supports : Wrexham
    Favourite Player : Eifion Williams
    Registration date : 2007-12-28

Post by wrexhamboi08 Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:03 pm

when will this end

and not come on with

Mate what you going on about?

Germanys $h!t, we all know that.

Couldnt even win the world cup in your home country with all the refs on your side. Lol
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:22 pm

How do you see the future for Wales WrexhamBoi?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 09, 2024 6:40 pm