Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+44
Sir Les
Black Magic
Super Progress
Pierre Littbarski
Romford Pele
DeLux
The Vermonster
Kimbo
Football Genius
lrdsucksgoats
Ricardo Jol
Rosy
wrexhamboi08
Bashmachkin
DS
Chocolate Thunder
Isco Benny
Hlebagone
briz
Juligen
Brian2468
The Easter Bunny
Fey
robert
Puro
shazlx
Glenarch of the Glen
SuperMario
Di Caniooooo!
Sheffield gunner
Cesc Soler
Batman
Machiavel
christmasborocooper
Dwarf
Sgoater1
Deano
L r d hAsta LueGo
S4P
Tweesus
Deluded F*ck™
debaser
Parks lives
Luis
48 posters

Premier league discussion 28th/29th December

COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Premier league discussion 28th/29th December - Page 25 Empty Re: Premier league discussion 28th/29th December

Post by COTR Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:19 pm

damn dirk kuyt

we have a certain goal with three men at the back post and the non goal scoring striker pops in between the other two to save the day for city

what on earth have you given us fey ??

decent match. we obviously were far superior but with torres having a rare off day these things happen
    Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Premier league discussion 28th/29th December - Page 25 Empty Re: Premier league discussion 28th/29th December

Post by Batman Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:39 pm

Kuyt got 12 goals in the league last season, how many has he got so far?

Last season when Kuyt and Bellamy played upfront, which striker played as the second striker?
    COTR
    COTR

Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:40 pm

Batman wrote:Kuyt got 12 goals in the league last season, how many has he got so far?

Last season when Kuyt and Bellamy played upfront, which striker played as the second striker?

kuyt

as a striker the man is TOTALLY useless

you simply never think he will convert even the most basic chance

I think he has about 3 in the league so far
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Post by Ricardo Jol Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:41 pm

Well done Liverp0-0l Laugh
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:42 pm

Ricardo Jol wrote:Well done Liverp0-0l Laugh

Laughing

Gee that really hurts this season ricky

Is this the best you can muster ?
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Post by Ricardo Jol Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:46 pm

COTR wrote:

Laughing

Unlike Kuyt I'd like to score chances for an open goal...Laughing <Ale>
    Sir Les
    Sir Les

Number of posts : 1451
    Supports : Arsenal
    Registration date : 2007-09-10

Post by Sir Les Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:47 pm

Glenn Hysén wrote:I can't complain about the way City played today, it's pretty much how Rafa lines up against the big clubs. I think we're 10-15 points better off than we were last season, and we were less than 10 points adrift of the top until we gave up and concentrated on the CL. City will be happier with the point than us but provided we make up for it on Wednesday I'll be happy chins Ale

Last year you had 34 points from 19 games. Now you have 37 from 19. I make that 3 points better.
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:48 pm

Ricardo Jol wrote:
    COTR wrote:

Laughing

Unlike Kuyt I'd like to score chances for an open goal...Laughing <Ale>

ok

much more like it Wink

I hope you have been sitting back and enjoying our goalfests this season. Even the 0-0 today was a good watch Biggrin
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:49 pm

Batman wrote:Kuyt got 12 goals in the league last season, how many has he got so far?

last season we had Agger fit, held a higher line which meant Kuyt wasn't dropping so deep with his closing down. Part of the reason our away form has been better his season is Hyypia forces us to play a deeper line which leaves space for Torres but renders Kuyt useless.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:53 pm

King Otto wrote:

Last year you had 34 points from 19 games. Now you have 37 from 19. I make that 3 points better.

Are you sure? I'm not questioning your maths But I'm positive I heard the stat doctor say we were 12 points better off. That said we have dropped 8 points in the last 5 games. I would like a second opinion or proof ok
    Sir Les
    Sir Les

Post by Sir Les Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:57 pm

Glenn Hysén wrote:
    King Otto wrote:

Are you sure? I'm not questioning your maths But I'm positive I heard the stat doctor say we were 12 points better off. That said we have dropped 8 points in the last 5 games. I would like a second opinion or proof ok
    A 2-0 win at watford on 23rd December gave you 34 points. statto.com will give you the details. Don't listen to false prophets!
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:57 pm

Glenn Hysén wrote:
    King Otto wrote:

it might be different calculations. some people compare the fixtures directly rather than just what points you have after x number of games.
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Number of posts : 9523
    Supports : Decentralisation of the state
    Favourite Player : The lesser spotted Ronaldo
    Registration date : 2007-02-25

Post by lrdsucksgoats Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:58 pm

My opinion is that the evidence is skewed and unreliable and so I'm calling for a retrial.
    Sir Les
    Sir Les

Post by Sir Les Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:00 pm

debaser wrote:
    Glenn Hysén wrote:
    King Otto wrote:

it might be different calculations. some people compare the fixtures directly rather than just what points you have after x number of games.

After 19 games teams have played everybody once so i can't see that. An over optimistic pool fan in the stat doctor seat I think.
    Sir Les
    Sir Les

Post by Sir Les Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:03 pm

After 15 games the stat was probably true. Liverpool had a bad start to last season and then won four on the bounce.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:04 pm

King Otto wrote:

After 19 games teams have played everybody once so i can't see that. An over optimistic pool fan in the stat doctor seat I think.

we've not played West Ham and we've played Pompey and Derby twice.

I wouldn't mind a link to where you found your info
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:06 pm

King Otto wrote:
    debaser wrote:
    Glenn Hysén wrote:
    King Otto wrote:

well, speaking for villa, we haven't played reading yet after 20 games. plus you get different home/away fixtures.

but yeah, i don't think a direct comparison is the best way anyway, as other teams change in quality (e.g. geting more points vs bolton this season, and less vs man city could be as much a reflection on them than your own team)
    Sir Les
    Sir Les

Post by Sir Les Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:08 pm

Glenn Hysén wrote:
    King Otto wrote:

we've not played West Ham and we've played Pompey and Derby twice.

I wouldn't mind a link to where you found your info

must be some CL artefact caused that. Not encouraging having played Derby twice. Could be the reason for the extra three points!

http://www.statto.com/teams/results.php?id=746&yr=136
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:11 pm

I'd hesitantly take 3rd place and a 6th European cup this season as we still have a lot of work to do for the league
    L r d hAsta LueGo
    L r d hAsta LueGo

Number of posts : 2388
    Registration date : 2007-10-19

Post by L r d hAsta LueGo Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:13 pm

4th place next season means two cl qualifying rounds right? Could already be a disadvantage for winning the prem next year.
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:14 pm

Luis wrote:I'd hesitantly take 3rd place and a 6th European cup this season as we still have a lot of work to do for the league

Shocked

I'd fucking kill for a Champions League and you're hesitating?!
    Luis
    Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:16 pm

L r d wrote:4th place next season means two cl qualifying rounds right? Could already be a disadvantage for winning the prem next year.

Very much doubt it, we played 2 this year and managed to win our fitst game of the season in the league, we just need more quality, we wont win the league with Kuyt, Voronin, Riise and i'd even say Kewell sometimes as well.
    L r d hAsta LueGo
    L r d hAsta LueGo

Number of posts : 2388
    Registration date : 2007-10-19

Post by L r d hAsta LueGo Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:19 pm

It's more extra games, and then other games being moved so you have to play more near the end of the season. It will start to show towards the end of the season unless you rotate a lot which in doing so will cost you points in itself. <Ale> Euro 2008 maybe also a factor....
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:21 pm

Euro 2008 only effects Liverpool now, give it up lerd, i'm admitting we wont win the league this year because we aren't good enough, but I have faith in Benitez to get in the right players so we are stronger next season, we will get to where we want to be in the end.
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:27 pm

What line up would you start with at Anfield against Inter Luis?
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:34 pm

Depends on transfers, with the players we have now i'd go for:

.......................Reina..........................

Arbeloa........Carragher...........Agger..............Aurellio...............

.......Pennant.......Gerrard.........Masch..............Benayoun...........

..............................Crouch........Torres....................................
    Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071

Post by Batman Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:35 pm

Did Liverpool play Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd away in the first half of last season and got 0 points?

This season you have played Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd at home in the first half of the season and got 2 points from these games.

2 points > 0 points

So you are doing better this season compared to last season after the first 19 games.

But

last season at home you won agaisnt Arsenal and Chelsea in the league.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:35 pm

Black Magic wrote:What line up would you start with at Anfield against Inter

whoever's fit Wink

Reina
    Finnan Carragher Agger Arbeloa
    Gerrard Alonso Mascherano Riise
    Kuyt Torres
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:37 pm

Batman wrote:Did Liverpool play Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd away in the first half of last season and got 0 points?

yes
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:38 pm

If we go to Old Trafford, Emirates and Stamford Bridge with Dirk Kuyt or Voronin up front we'll come away with 0 points, I pray to God that Rafa gets in someone who will just give it his all and make a difference to the attack, i'd fucking kill for Anelka

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 9:43 pm