Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
Chocolate Thunder
Sheffield gunner
Fey
Pierre Littbarski
Jago
L.r.d
Romford Pele
Protheus
Sgoater1
Glenarch of the Glen
Ä
SuperMario
The Easter Bunny
christmasborocooper
Luis
debaser
Machiavel
Deano
Roger Hunt
Isco Benny
Kimbo
tigerthesmurf
26 posters

FA CUP ( what does it mean to your team )

Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

FA CUP ( what does it mean to your team ) - Page 3 Empty Re: FA CUP ( what does it mean to your team )

Post by Sheffield gunner Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:59 pm

You're two behind us aren't you for FA Cup wins?
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

FA CUP ( what does it mean to your team ) - Page 3 Empty Re: FA CUP ( what does it mean to your team )

Post by Deano Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:02 pm

Judging by the attendances yesterday...not many care about it anymore...

Only about 5 games yesterday had a full attendance...
    Rosy
    Rosy

Number of posts : 2047
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Rosy Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:18 pm

Matthew Upson wrote:Judging by the attendances yesterday...not many care about it anymore...

Chelsesa had over 41,000. When people stop caring about the FA Cup then you have to wonder where football is going.
    Rosy
    Rosy

Number of posts : 2047
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Rosy Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:26 pm

Luis wrote:
    Matthew Upson wrote:It's nothing major isit? Kenilworth Road holds 10,200...the share of the gate receipts isn't much...

@Luis...is a few thousand punds much to Liverpool? No...Gerrard earns more in a week than Luton will earn from today, when clubs like Luton go out of business and football starts to become nothing then perhaps someone will do something about the financial mess.

So how is that our responsibility? just because we're playing them? why don't West Ham give them money or better yet Roman Abromavich should give them the money he wipes his arse with after using the toilet

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/3421131.stm

Let's hope for their sake Luton beat Liverpool and are rewarded with a game against Chelsea.
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Number of posts : 5614
    Registration date : 2007-12-21

Post by L.r.d Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:30 pm

Matthew Upson wrote:Judging by the attendances yesterday...not many care about it anymore...

It's lost it's appeal im afraid. If we go back to when there was one team in the cl, then thats when it was big because european was not an aim for every team except 2 or 3. So everybody else wanted to do well in the f.a cup and first teams were always played. But now everywhere is reserve teams, the prem means to much etc. If i support Burnley i would be very excited to see how my team does against cesc etc. But to see them play against some reserves and still lose.....not so exciting....
    tigerthesmurf

Number of posts : 83
    Supports : Arsenal!!!!!!! (Sao Paulo, Watford, Ajax, Inter)
    Registration date : 2007-12-30

Post by tigerthesmurf Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:35 pm

Try telling the fans of Havant & Waterlooville or Coventry City or Huddersfield that it isn't special.
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Number of posts : 5614
    Registration date : 2007-12-21

Post by L.r.d Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:37 pm

How many fans do havant have? i bet this forum has more people. Maybe the coventry fans thought being man u 0-2 in the carling cup was special also....
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:24 pm

L r d wrote:How many fans do havant have? i bet this forum has more people. Maybe the coventry fans thought being man u 0-2 in the carling cup was special also....

santa
    StevieG
    StevieG

Number of posts : 1039
    Supports : 1.Valencia C F. 2.Stockport County
    Favourite Player : David Villa , Joaquin
    Registration date : 2007-07-22

Post by StevieG Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:43 pm

oldham for the cup Ale
    Rasiak-9
    Rasiak-9

Number of posts : 2605
    Supports : Southampton
    Registration date : 2007-01-17

Post by Rasiak-9 Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:20 pm

It does still have its appeal for me, i enjoy it as a nice distraction to an otherwise nothing season.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:23 pm

I would swap a replay with Luton followed by a game against Swansea or Havant for a carling cup semi against Everton any fucking day, the FA cup is far better in terms of prestige but for excitement I would loved that derby. And let's face it, for the top clubs neither cup gets you a lot of prestige around the world, winning your league does and winning the Champions league gets you the ultimate recognition.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 4:38 pm