Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
SuperMario
christmasborocooper
pete
7 posters

Sven targets Podolski

pete

Number of posts : 81
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Sven targets Podolski Empty Sven targets Podolski

Post by pete Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:16 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=506343&in_page_id=1779

How realistic is this? Stuttgart seems to be interested as well. So might Schalke.
    I personally think he should get out of Munich as quick as he can. I don't think he has a great future there. Stuttgart might be a good place for him.
    But maybe a spell in England could free his head. The style of play should suit him, a club like Man City might just be what the Doctor ordered.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Sven targets Podolski Empty Re: Sven targets Podolski

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:18 pm

Would probably be easier if we just started a thread listing players Sven didnt want. Then deleted their names as the papers linked them to City.
    pete

Post by pete Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:33 pm

So you think it's not very realistic.Fair enough. Or maybe he wants to attract all the Poles working in England. Wink
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:49 pm

Would be a wise move at least in England they have real benches to sit on & not those stupid carseats they have at a lot of Bundesliga clubs...
    pete

Post by pete Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:58 pm

And they take proper cold showers and instead of massages they get a kick up the arse or a hairdryer against the forehead, like real man. I assume.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:02 am

Not saying it isnt realistic really no..just that i must've seen about 9000 threats which start "Sven targets..." or "Man City linked to.."
    pete

Post by pete Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:14 am

Hi Boro.
    I suppose you're right. For some reason I like the idea of Podolski getting out of Germany for a while, seeing something different. MC might just be the right environment to get himself sorted.
    Enjoy the Day
    pete

Post by pete Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:29 am

De Guzman wrote:Would be a wise move at least in England they have real benches to sit on & not those stupid carseats they have at a lot of Bundesliga clubs...

By the way, Podolski is not only a great soccer player but also very experienced at this stage. I am sure it will be a clause in any future contract that cushions should be provided.
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Kroos Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:11 am

bad move

with man city he has no chance of playing champions league, because in the next 20 years there will always be the top 4 the same, that makes your league $h!t

but maybe he can do it like berbatov, impress the big clubs with many goals and than join them the year after
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:20 am

Toni Kroos wrote:bad move

with man city he has no chance of playing champions league, because in the next 20 years there will always be the top 4 the same, that makes your league $h!t

but maybe he can do it like berbatov, impress the big clubs with many goals and than join them the year after

lol!

Well he's not playing CL football with Bayern.

Podolski will never do a Berbatov, because he's nowhere near as good as the Bulgarian
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:22 am

Don Fabio wrote:

lol!

Podolski will never do a Berbatov, because he's nowhere near as good as the Bulgarian

oh of course he is, berbatov at poldis age was nothing
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:29 am

Toni Kroos wrote:
    Don Fabio wrote:

lol!

Well he wasnt sat on a bench wasting away at Poldi's age was he?

And yes, at 21 Berbatov was playing in a CL final with Leverkusen

Podolski is, at the moment, a victim of hype - scored a few goals in the World Cup against mediocre position and hailed as the next great German.

He isnt anywhere near the class of Klose, or indeed Gomes.

Kroos and Marko Marin look infinitely better prospects than Podolski ever did.

And to think that at one point you Germans were comparing Podolski with Rooney lol!
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:58 am

pete wrote:So you think it's not very realistic.Fair enough. Or maybe he wants to attract all the Poles working in England. Wink

Man City mst have been linked with about 15 strikers in the past month or so.

On offence to Podolski either but Citeh are looking for a bigger fish IMO. They're building an incredibly good squad at present but the key thing they need is a goalscorer and Podolski hasn't exactly shone in that department.

They'll probably get one of Afonso Alves or Anelka.
    pete

Post by pete Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:04 pm

It is better to be the king of the @rseholes then to be the @rsehole of the kings, as my Grandfather used to say.
    Is he going to play Champions League with Munich next year? If he is still there he might get a look in, should they be in the competition.
    What kind of Champions League campaign would he get with any other German contender? Draw your own conclusions.
    Is he going to get a place with any high profile Champions League participant? One would hope but one also has to be realistic.
    A year or so with a smaller outfit might help him to recapture his Cologne form. Sometimes its better to take a step back. At the moment he seems to go nowhere fast. Some players are just not suited to play for Bayern and he seems to be one of them.

Now just to clarify some things.

I am German so we are not talking about my league here.

Since I complained in another thread about the lack of imagination concerning the insults aimed at the nation of wich I am a member may I suggest that ,as sad as it makes me to say it to a fellow German,, that makes your league shit'' needs some work too.
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:06 pm

Don Fabio wrote:
    Toni Kroos wrote:
    Don Fabio wrote:

lol!

Well he wasnt sat on a bench wasting away at Poldi's age was he?

And yes, at 21 Berbatov was playing in a CL final with Leverkusen

Podolski is, at the moment, a victim of hype - scored a few goals in the World Cup against mediocre position and hailed as the next great German.

He isnt anywhere near the class of Klose, or indeed Gomes.

Kroos and Marko Marin look infinitely better prospects than Podolski ever did.

And to think that at one point you Germans were comparing Podolski with Rooney lol!

yeah he played a cl final, but not as a starter, at this age he was nothing more than a sub, like poldi today, he could play in any club in the bundesliga as a starter,

come on, klose-toni, there are not many strikers out there they would be ahead of them both

poldi is the biggest german have, i agree with gomez, he is great, but i rate poldi a bit higher, he needs practice, he showed his class this year a few times, but thats not good enough for bayern, because klose-toni imo undroppable

he is just a victim of klose-toni, not a victim of hype, it was a wrong decision to join bayern, poldi at bremen or leverkusen, that would be fine
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:24 pm

Toni Kroos wrote:come on, klose-toni, there are not many strikers out there they would be ahead of them both

poldi is the biggest german have, i agree with gomez, he is great, but i rate poldi a bit higher, he needs practice, he showed his class this year a few times, but thats not good enough for bayern, because klose-toni imo undroppable

Really?

Klose is a very good striker, but Poldi can't even get in the Bayern first team so how could a partnership of them both not be surpassed internationally if they both can't even make the same squad? scratch
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:32 pm

Because Toni is better than Podolski?

International football is a different kettle of fish anyway, there was a period when Klose-Podolski as a striking partnership was indeed as good as anything around...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 11:55 pm