Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+35
christmasborocooper
Deluded F*ck™
Puro
Fey
lrdsucksgoats
Sir Harry Flashman
S4P
bluenine
Parks lives
Pierre Littbarski
Rasiak-9
debaser
DD
Bashmachkin
Dwarf
Romford Pele
L.r.d
tigerthesmurf
fcb
Roger Hunt
Deano
Murray
Sheffield gunner
Tweesus
briz
StevieG
theflyingfrenchman
Chocolate Thunder
DS
shazlx
Luis
Isco Benny
Football Genius
Kimbo
Machiavel
39 posters

Big Sam leaves

Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Big Sam leaves - Page 5 Empty Re: Big Sam leaves

Post by Kimbo Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:49 pm

SSN are saying we'll "approach" Redknapp tomorrow. Erm If he is the next manager i think i'll treat the appointment with total apathy.

Here's an interesting poll from nufc-online on if Redknapp was appointed.

126 voters.

Happy - 8.7%
    Unhappy - 71.4%
    Meh - 19.8%

affraid Maybe it's because he's a cockney.

Post by Guest Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:53 pm

Harry would be a good manager for Newcastle...I mean he's already got a small team up at the top of the league challenging for Europe, playing attacking football. There's no reason why he can't do the same for Newcastle.

That poll is unbelievable, I think Geordies WANT to be dissatisfied. That's why Newcastle will never win anything. It's always moan moan moan.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:03 am

Crouching Tiger wrote:Harry would be a good manager for Newcastle...I mean he's already got a small team up at the top of the league challenging for Europe, playing attacking football. There's no reason why he can't do the same for Newcastle.

That poll is unbelievable, I think Geordies WANT to be dissatisfied. That's why Newcastle will never win anything. It's always moan moan moan.
    Portsmouth is a totally different task to Newcastle though. Atleast with Jol he's managed a club with similar ambitions and a similar tranfser budget. Jol has Newcastle written all over him IMO, tactically naive attacking football is what we like. He could be like a Dutch Keegan, except not as good. Redknapp i can see being another Fat Sam.

Ofcourse we want to be dissatisfied CT, we're English. Laughing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go9s_U0v2Wk
    lol! lol! lol!

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:06 am

Haha, I love Bill Bailey...I have that stand up on DVD and it's terrific. Cool
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:15 am

Don Fabio wrote:
    Puro wrote:lol! Yo Kimbo! Apparently Fat Sam was surprised that there were no Mourinho type clauses. WTF! what was that fat dumbass expecting? A Mourinho type clause prohibiting him from coaching rival clubs?

I'm sure Ashley and Newcastle won't mind if Fat dumbass coaches any of their rivals after witnessing the shite he was serving at St James week in and week out. Oh FFS! why did Ashley fired fat dumbass! Just when it was getting good. Allardyce's celebrations after the Stoke draw was an instant classic. Fat dumbass is such a small town fellow. Biggrin <Ale>

Your posts never cease to provide masterful lessons on the rich variation of the English language

chins Biggrin <Ale>

lol! I writer must know his audience so I'm keeping it real just for you, real stupid. I know you'll wait patiently for my next post so you can start your nickle and dime bullshit. Don't worry you know I'll keep it real for you. Biggrin <Ale>
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Number of posts : 9523
    Supports : Decentralisation of the state
    Favourite Player : The lesser spotted Ronaldo
    Registration date : 2007-02-25

Post by lrdsucksgoats Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:29 am

Puro wrote:lol! I writer must know his audience so I'm keeping it real just for you, real stupid. I know you'll wait patiently for my next post so you can start your nickle and dime bullshit. Don't worry you know I'll keep it real for you. Biggrin <Ale>

You aren't a black dude from LA in 1986. No one says 'keep it real' anymore except throwbacks and the insane...
    Bashmachkin
    Bashmachkin

Number of posts : 2374
    Registration date : 2007-02-09

Post by Bashmachkin Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:09 am

I thought Puro gave us all a nice lesson in synecdoche in referring to Allardyce as fat dumbass. Puros posts abound in literary devices!

I dont understand why Ashley seems so set on Redknapp for our next manager, and I worry its not based on much thought or football knowledge. As Ive said, Id prefer a foreign manager - I think there are some good foreign candidates looking for jobs; obviously looking outside Britain would give us a greater degree of choice, and I really dont think we should be limiting ourselves; and Id appreciate the fresh perspective, and the fresh approach that a foreign manager would most likely bring.

If we are going to look for British candidates only, then there isnt much better than Redknapp about. Despite Portsmouths recent home record, he does tend to play passing, attacking football; I think he can spot a talented player and bring on such players well; and there seems less bias about his approach to transfers and team selections - he doesnt pick based on nationality, for instance, he does look for quality. On the other hand, I think hes certainly seen by a lot of Newcastle fans as too similar to Allardyce, a similar sort of character, another manager involved in all the business about dodgy transfer dealings who because of this wont talk to the BBC. And whilst hiring Allardyce was always a risk, in that for it to work, Allardyce was always going to have to adopt a more expansive approach (whereas in fact he was more negative and uncreative than at Bolton), still he brought things like modern fitness methods that were supposed to solve long standing problems at the club - and Im not sure if Redknapp brings these things, if he fits our requirements as fully as somebody else could. Im not sure if his appointment in itself would be good long term planning. And Im not for throwing money at a guy to lure him away from a job and a life that hes otherwise entirely happy with.
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by DS Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:40 pm

Hughes not in the race.

Blackburn Rovers boss Mark Hughes has played down reports linking him with the vacant manager's job at Newcastle United.

Hughes is the bookmakers' second-favourite behind Portsmouth chief Harry Redknapp to succeed Sam Allardyce at St James' Park.

However, Hughes has distanced himself from the position, insisting that there has been no contact from The Magpies and that he is content at Ewood Park.

"There's always speculation when any big job comes up. I seem to be talked about in good terms and I'm appreciative of that but it's just recognition of the work myself and my staff do here," he said.

No contact

"I have not spoken to anyone from Newcastle, I spoke to my chairman last night and he has had no contact, and I don't think there will be any contact.

"I am in a very strong position here, I have a great relationship with the chairman and the board and that is really important.

"When managers have that relationship it's a big decision to forego that as the relationship is the key to whether we can be successful."

Hughes went on to admit that he was surprised by Allardyce's departure.

Not long enough

"I think it surprised everyone given the length of tenure of Sam's appointment," he continued.

"It was not anywhere near long enough in my view to enable him to be successful.

"There is a lot of pressure and expectation with a number of Premier League jobs and certainly Sam paid the price but he's a proven Premier League manager and I am sure a lot of chairmen will be keeping an eye on what will happen to him in the future."
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:43 pm

Newcastle don't deserve Redkanpp
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Number of posts : 5614
    Registration date : 2007-12-21

Post by L.r.d Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:52 pm

Harry Redknapp 1/4
    Mark Hughes 7/1
    Kevin Keegan 7/1
    Jose Mourinho 14/1
    Alan Shearer 16/1
    Martin Jol 16/1
    Gerard Houllier 20/1
    Steve McClaren 20/1
    Jurgen Klinsmann 25/1
    David Moyes 33/1
    G Hiddink 33/1
    Marcello Lippi 33/1
    Ottmar Hitzfeld 33/1
    Steve Bruce 33/1
    Terry Venables 33/1
    Chris Coleman 40/1
    David O'Leary 40/1
    Glen Hoddle 40/1
    John Collins 40/1
    Paul Jewell 40/1
    Rafael Benitez 40/1
    Stuart Pearce 40/1
    A Boothroyd 50/1
    Louis van Gaal 50/1
    Mark McGhee 50/1
    Paul Ince 50/1
    Steve Coppell 50/1
    Bryan Robson 66/1

I wish it's Keegan. The real fat dumbass Mike Ashley will take them geordies back in time. Back down the league and hopefully into the championship, while he sits in the stands with Alan Smith on his back Ale
    DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC

Post by DD Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:54 pm

L r d wrote:Harry Redknapp 1/4
    Mark Hughes 7/1
    Kevin Keegan 7/1
    Jose Mourinho 14/1
    Alan Shearer 16/1
    Martin Jol 16/1
    Gerard Houllier 20/1
    Steve McClaren 20/1
    Jurgen Klinsmann 25/1
    David Moyes 33/1
    G Hiddink 33/1
    Marcello Lippi 33/1
    Ottmar Hitzfeld 33/1
    Steve Bruce 33/1
    Terry Venables 33/1
    Chris Coleman 40/1
    David O'Leary 40/1
    Glen Hoddle 40/1
    John Collins 40/1
    Paul Jewell 40/1
    Rafael Benitez 40/1
    Stuart Pearce 40/1
    A Boothroyd 50/1
    Louis van Gaal 50/1
    Mark McGhee 50/1
    Paul Ince 50/1
    Steve Coppell 50/1
    Bryan Robson 66/1

I wish it's Keegan. The real fat dumbass Mike Ashley will take them geordies back in time. Back down the league and hopefully into the championship, while he sits in the stands with Alan Smith on his back Ale
    Klinsmann Doh
    Still think Jol has a great chance and would be a good appointment. Van gaal would only come over the summer though - or if the Afonso deal fails to complete and Citeh nab him.

Last edited by on Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DD
    DD

Post by DD Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:57 pm

As long as they don't sign a Stuart Pearce, O'Leary or MacClaren they'll do reasonably fine.
    Seeing how Ince has been raising his profile, by moaning about english managers, he may well have raised his profile enough to be considered.
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:00 pm

How is Steve Coppell 2nd last on that list.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:20 pm

L r d wrote:
    If "fat dumbass" means "self made billionaire", i wish i was one. Crying or Very sad
    DD
    DD

Post by DD Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:22 pm

Merry Krimbo wrote:
    L r d wrote:
    If "fat dumbass" means "self made billionaire", i wish i was one. Crying or Very sad
    You'd have to shag at least 1000 men though. Wink
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Post by L.r.d Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:36 pm

Merry Krimbo wrote:
    L r d wrote:

How did he become a billionaire by the way? I am not trying to make a point, i don't have any idea just wondering....?
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:51 pm

L r d wrote:
    Merry Krimbo wrote:
    L r d wrote:

How did he become a billionaire by the way? I am not trying to make a point, i don't have any idea just wondering....?
    Sports gear, he built up his own chain then played the stock market and earnt shitloads. He floated sports direct on the market and made £900m. He also bought a 2% stake in adidas, then a month later the price went up and he sold it and made a £30m profit. He's got stakes in loads of sports brands, lonsdale, slazenger, donnay, dunlop etc etc etc.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:13 pm

Why do SSN always ask the most common people from each city, always a hard to understand scouser or a fat ugly geordie, they are doing no favours against stereotyping

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:56 pm

Sky Sports News understands that Alan Shearer would be interested in becoming the next manager of Newcastle if he was formally approached.

Sources close to Shearer say that the Newcastle legend, who had originally ruled himself out of the running, would be keen to succeed former boss Sam Allardyce.

Meanwhile, Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp remains the favourite to replace Allardyce - who left the club by 'mutual agreement' on Wednesday.

Redknapp cancelled his Friday lunchtime press conference at Portsmouth ahead of their Premier League clash with Sunderland.

And it is believed that Pompey and Newcastle, who are said to be looking for an experienced manager, are in discussions regarding a compensation package if Redknapp opts to take the Magpies job.

----------------------------------------------

A change in the wind says I.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:34 am

Luis wrote:Why do SSN always ask the most common people from each city, always a hard to understand scouser or a fat ugly geordie, they are doing no favours against stereotyping

It is impossible to find anything other than a fat ugly geordie...wasnt Newcastle voted this week as the worst place in England for obesity?

Sure, its not "worst place to live in the UK"..but its still full of obese wankers ok
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:36 am

borocooper wrote:
    Luis wrote:Why do SSN always ask the most common people from each city, always a hard to understand scouser or a fat ugly geordie, they are doing no favours against stereotyping

It is impossible to find anything other than a fat ugly geordie...wasnt Newcastle voted this week as the worst place in England for obesity?

Sure, its not "worst place to live in the UK"..but its still full of obese wankers ok
    lol!
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:51 am

borocooper wrote:

These obesity statistics are based on weight, and because men up here are naturally very muscular this reflects badly on us. Fact is these facts have holes in them. <Ale>
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:42 am

Seems like it'll be a matter of time before Redknapp joins...Portsmouth asked him to decide by lunchtime today, and some articles are saying Newcastle and Portsmouth are already discussing a compensation package. But apparently Redknapp wants to meet the owner Ashley face to face before actually committing.
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Post by L.r.d Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:31 am

Looks like it's going to be Shearer.

Big Sam leaves - Page 5 Th_BurnsExcellentSticker
    Dwarf

Number of posts : 7502
    Supports : Operation Puerto
    Favourite Player : Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Dwarf Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:46 am

Dark Savante wrote:
    How is Steve Coppell 2nd last on that list.

Can't stand the pressure of top flight football being at Reading and is considering leaving management when he leaves Reading.
    Brian2468

Number of posts : 4875

Post by Brian2468 Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:43 pm

Glad Harry Rednapp decided to stay at Portsmouth leaving them at this stage of the game would not of been the right thing to do.
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:08 pm

Credit to Redknapp. I'm sure it was tempting but he has got a very good 'project' at Pompey and they are on the up cause of him.
    Plus he has been given alot money by the owner at Pompey, a lot more freedom and the fans believe in him.

As for Sherear, I heard Peter Reid said on the radio this morning when I was listening 'it is coming near to the time when the new manager of a football team will be appointed by a phone in vote of fans a la Celebrity Come Dancing, Big Brother, X Factor...etc.

I guess N'castle could get Ant n Dec to the phone in Razz
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:15 pm

Don't know if that has been posted, but I found it funny when I came across it earlier.

Well, you couldn't say it wasn't coming but nothing that happens at Newcastle will surprise any of us anymore.

Chris Mort (that's French for 'dead' isn't it?) made all the right noises about longevity and long-term plans and to be fair eight months is a good run on Tyneside these days.

Big Sam couldn't lose entertainingly. That was his major failing. But surely someone sometime has got to stand up and stick with a certain someone till he's had a chance to really prove himself.

Since Freddie Shepherd took his ball home you'd have thought there was the prospect of a bit more stability but the next victim, sorry, candidate will make it eight bosses in 11 years at St James'.

Since King Kev they've ditched the good (Robson), the bad (Souness), the ugly (Allardyce), the greedy (Dalglish), the needy (Gullit) and the weedy (Roeder). Who the hell's next?

It's hard to really care. You feel like starting off with that snide remark our wonderful MPs always begin with when their rivals are in some sort of bother: "Much as I don't want to intrude into private grief..."

But to be honest, I haven't met a Geordie in the last couple of days who isn't as gobsmacked as the rest of us by the whole blinking farce.

And, as a Boro fan who does his best to ignore the fact that a quarter of the Riverside season tickets are owned by empty seats, the faithful, bursting-at-the-seams Gallowgate end deserves a bit more than this.

Granted, you Geordies do get ahead of yourselves rather too often. Frankly 11th is not far below where you should be, given the squad. But loyalty ought to have brought some reward in the last 30 years.

Even the Boro bagged a Mickey Mouse tinpot trophy that Spurs or Everton would pocket right now if they could.
    A Phoenix-like return from KK? The fans'd just love it LOVE IT!Derek 'Robbo' Robson

Still it feeds the tabloid hacks, if no one else - and here's my guess as to who the likeliest candidates might be.

Harry Redknapp: Has already proved that he has what it takes to manage a club like Newcastle. He's won nowt and his team can't score at home. Bournemouth to North Shields, though... Too cold for the man, unless he takes full advantage of Mr Ashley's private jet.

Alan Shearer: Prefers the home comforts of the Match of the Day studio - and who can blame him?

Jose Mourinho: Unless the Special One has started smoking the Special Cigarettes, never in a million years.

Mark Hughes: Again he's won nowt but his teams can play when they forget about clogging and he'd have the overpaid nitwits working for each other.

Terry Venables: England No. 1, then England No. 2, then Newcastle gaffer. It's not looking good as a career path, Tel. Maybe wait a couple of years for St James's and give yourself a more prestigious job in the meantime - Port Vale could do with someone new.

Amy Winehouse: Unstable, unpredictable, liable to fall apart any moment, doesn't know owt about football, should suit Newcastle United down to the ground.

Steve McClaren: Free, relatively local, and whatever happens he'll keep smiling.

Fabio Capello: No chance. He's just delighted to find out that when people told him he had the toughest job in football they were lying.

J K Rowling: Writes fantasy books about boys with magical powers, maybe she could inject some creativity into the midfield pairing of Butt and Smith.Laughing

Kevin Keegan: A Phoenix-like return from KK? The fans'd just love it LOVE IT! if that happened. And at least he'd walk before you sacked him.

Paul Gascoigne: All right, his first attempt at management didn't work out so well but this is a challenge that could just suit him down to the ground - and don't forget this is a club that only recently entrusted the job to Glenn Roeder.

Ant 'n' Dec: Local lads made good. I can't see them getting their hands dirty. It's more likely to turn into some deathly reality show called summat like 'I'm a Non-Entity - Get Me Out Of Here' (first contestant to be voted out - Rozendal).

Robson Greene: That Wire in the Blood series is pretty nasty stuff but nothing compared with the carnage of the 4-1 trouncing against Pompey. Might have the stomach for it.

Tony Blair: Famously used to watch Jackie Milburn on the terraces before he was born. A true Toon Army soldier, he could raise a bit of finance by (a) getting his banking buddies involved, or (b) spending a bit of his own dosh.

The Toon Army themselves: Ebbsfleet Mark II. Since Ashley spends most of his time in amongst the fans in his barely credible one-of-the-lads charade, why doesn't he just let them have a proper say? Could it be any worse?

If all else fails, I'll have a bash. Obviously they're near-neighbours and deadly rivals so I'll do me best to bring the club to its knees as soon as possible. Though whether I'll do a better job at that than Ashley or Shepherd is very hard to imagine.

Seriously though, my money's on Mark Hughes being the next mug. I give him a fortnight.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:21 pm

This Alan Shearer stuff is mainly coming from the southern press, they've got preconceptions about how people up here think, and it makes for a good story. There was a vote on nufc-online about Shearer and out of 450 voters only 18% said they want him.
    Brian2468

Number of posts : 4875

Post by Brian2468 Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:24 pm

Merry Krimbo wrote:This Alan Shearer stuff is mainly coming from the southern press, they've got preconceptions about how people up here think, and it makes for a good story. There was a vote on nufc-online about Shearer and out of 450 voters only 18% said they want him.
    Who got the biggest vote?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 8:27 am