Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
SuperMario
Yef
Kroos
7 posters

should oranje get a rid of van basten before the euro starts

Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

should oranje get a rid of van basten before the euro starts Empty should oranje get a rid of van basten before the euro starts

Post by Kroos Wed May 14, 2008 8:30 am

i think thats the only way they can achieve something at the euro08

bring on mark von bommel, he is the only great central player oranje has
    Yef

Number of posts : 2619
    Registration date : 2008-02-27

should oranje get a rid of van basten before the euro starts Empty Re: should oranje get a rid of van basten before the euro starts

Post by Yef Wed May 14, 2008 9:34 am

I agree with you! Sack
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

should oranje get a rid of van basten before the euro starts Empty Re: should oranje get a rid of van basten before the euro starts

Post by SuperMario Wed May 14, 2008 12:04 pm

Actually the only good about Marco being in the job is that that makes sure Van Bommel will not be in the squad. Hate the c**t & think he's a lialibility too (can get sent off). He's not good enough to start anyway.

Aside from the Van Bommel issue, I've been in favour of sacking Marco for a while.
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges Wed May 14, 2008 12:07 pm

You can't sack someone three weeks before a tournament starts. And the results have generally been OK even if the Dutchies hate his style of play.

So no, unless you get Fey, Guzman or Axe in.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Wed May 14, 2008 12:09 pm

Every time I see Oranje play under Van Basten, I think how utterly unfair "der kleine General" Advocaat was treated in comparison. Nobody over here understood it back then, and now it seems even more bizarre...
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Post by Ricardo Jol Wed May 14, 2008 12:31 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Every time I see Oranje play under Van Basten, I think how utterly unfair "der kleine General" Advocaat was treated in comparison. Nobody over here understood it back then, and now it seems even more bizarre...

True... Absolutely true... ok

I think one of the reasons why Advocaat were treatened like hell was because the Netherlands were very sick those days... loads of unrest, in the society, politically, everywhere. It also had its tentacles into football. Those days nobody were able to deal with the overwrought media. Not in normal life, nor in football

I really feared for Advocaat's life those days... Especially after "THE SUBSTITUTE" (Everyone in the Netherlands knows what I mean)... Robben out Bosvelt in....

Because of the stresst reaction of the Dutch I predicted something really bad was going to happen here in the Netherlands. A few month later Van Gogh were slaughtered....
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Wed May 14, 2008 12:46 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:You can't sack someone three weeks before a tournament starts. And the results have generally been OK even if the Dutchies hate his style of play.

So no, unless you get Fey, Guzman or Axe in.

I would have to be chief manager of course, otherwise the idiots would put too many Feyenoorders into the team.....but I bet we'd make a great management team with the three of us Ale

No more Midget, no more Mathijssen, no more mediocre Ajax c**ts cheers
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Wed May 14, 2008 12:50 pm

Thought it was disgusting the way the anti-Advocaat hype was created & think recently the anti-Van Basten is disproportionate too. First of all Marco got more credit because he was a great footballer, secondly Advocaat is worse with the media than Marco (& PR is very important) & Marco had a better press officer in his team.

Think Advocaat should have covered his ass PR wise (because you should know your own weaknesses), by getting an expert in.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:16 pm