Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
DeLux
Hem fet un mal partit
Luso
Jaime
8 posters

New name for La Liga

Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

New name for La Liga Empty New name for La Liga

Post by Jaime Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:55 pm

La Primera División se denominará Liga BBVA y la Segunda División, Liga Adelante

La Comisión Delegada de la Liga de Fútbol Profesional, reunida en el día de hoy, ha ratificado el acuerdo alcanzado con el BBVA, por el que la entidad financiera dará nombre al Campeonato Nacional de Liga de Primera División y continuará haciéndolo con el de Segunda División, que pasarán a denominarse Liga BBVA y Liga Adelante, respectivamente. Asimismo, el BBVA mantiene su categoría de patrocinador oficial de la LFP.

El compromiso refuerza la alianza que ambas entidades sellaron hace dos temporadas, durante las cuales la entidad financiera ha dado nombre a la Segunda División.

Los presidentes del BBVA, Francisco González, y de la LFP, José Luis Astiazarán, presentarán el nuevo acuerdo a los medios en una comparecencia conjunta en la que ofrecerán todos los detalles del mismo. El acto tendrá lugar mañana miércoles 4 de junio, a partir de las 12:00 horas, en la sede del BBVA sita en el paseo de la Castellana, 81, de Madrid.

http://www.lfp.es/
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

New name for La Liga Empty Re: New name for La Liga

Post by Jaime Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:56 pm

Liga BBVA wouldn't be the worst...except they've already been calling the Segunda that for several years. Liga Adelante sounds like it shoudl be for little kids. Doh
    Luso
    Luso

Number of posts : 3305
    Supports : Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Luso Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:03 pm

At least Portugal won't be the only one with a stupid name.
    Join the bwin Liga.

Ale
    Hem fet un mal partit

Number of posts : 904
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by Hem fet un mal partit Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:06 pm

I don't get why they want to sponsor the name..Everybody will just call la primera anyway..
    Luso
    Luso

Number of posts : 3305
    Supports : Sporting Clube de Portugal

Post by Luso Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:22 pm

Desgraciats wrote:I don't get why they want to sponsor the name..Everybody will just call la primera anyway..

In Portugal the papers call it the bwin, and the commentators and journalists do as well, so the name is always present which is the point. Publicity.

I don't think anyone else calls it that, but that's not the point to the name change really.

I'm guessing it'll be similar in Spain.
    DeLux
    DeLux

Number of posts : 4399
    Supports : Celta Vigo
    Favourite Player : Mostovoi, Xavi, David Silva, Valerón, Raúl
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by DeLux Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:23 am

Fucking sell-outs. As a point of principle I'd still call it Primera/Segunda Division.
    Dejan Savićević
    Dejan Savićević

Number of posts : 2921
    Supports : A.C. Milan/Italy
    Favourite Player : Lionel Messi, Andrés Iniesta, Xavi
    Registration date : 2007-01-26

Post by Dejan Savićević Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:20 am

That would be disappointing. I hate all the advertisers eating up every bit of football it can.
    Z&H
    Z&H

Number of posts : 368
    Registration date : 2007-03-30

Post by Z&H Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:25 am

Incredibly stupid says I. The only thing I can do is to make a solemn promise to never use and never get used to it.
    golsud

Number of posts : 4869
    Supports : Barça

Post by golsud Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:33 pm

Olé wrote:Fucking sell-outs. As a point of principle I'd still call it Primera/Segunda Division.

ok
    DeLux
    DeLux

Number of posts : 4399
    Supports : Celta Vigo
    Favourite Player : Mostovoi, Xavi, David Silva, Valerón, Raúl
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by DeLux Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:41 pm

Seriously, in Spain you've got a large group of fucktards who think the EPL is the be all and end all of European football. Another example would be the idiots at the LFP who want to set up a 'Liga de filiales' - in which the B teams would play amongst themselves - ignoring the fact that youth players here in England are stagnating because of it.

Not to mention the 16-18 year old peseteros who think that just because Cesc got his debut at 17 that they would get into the first team in an English team faster than if they had stayed in Spain. Now that Pique's returned I expect Tejera, Merida and co to follow suit.
    golsud

Number of posts : 4869
    Supports : Barça

Post by golsud Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:44 pm

Olé wrote:Seriously, in Spain you've got a large group of fucktards who think the EPL is the be all and end all of European football. Another example would be the idiots at the LFP who want to set up a 'Liga de filiales' - in which the B teams would play amongst themselves - ignoring the fact that youth players here in England are stagnating because of it.

Not to mention the 16-18 year old peseteros who think that just because Cesc got his debut at 17 that they would get into the first team in an English team faster than if they had stayed in Spain. Now that Pique's returned I expect Tejera, Merida and co to follow suit.

Agree with everything ok
    EM Seleção e Selecção
    EM Seleção e Selecção

Number of posts : 2495
    Supports : Portugal Brasil Africa
    Favourite Player : Ronaldo Zidane Dinho Figo CR Robinho Neymar Hazard
    Registration date : 2007-11-22

Post by EM Seleção e Selecção Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:13 pm

golsud wrote:
    Olé wrote:Seriously, in Spain you've got a large group of fucktards who think the EPL is the be all and end all of European football. Another example would be the idiots at the LFP who want to set up a 'Liga de filiales' - in which the B teams would play amongst themselves - ignoring the fact that youth players here in England are stagnating because of it.

Agree with everything ok
    Shocked ok ok ok Ale Ale Ale

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:09 am