Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Torrente
Sgoater1
Super Progress
Pierre Littbarski
Lordanger
Roger Hunt
Parks lives
Axeslammer
fcb
Fey
Deano
christmasborocooper
Isco Benny
Tweesus
lrdsucksgoats
Dick Grayson
Rasiak-9
The Easter Bunny
Chocolate Thunder
stinger
Calidad
Batman
Luis
27 posters

Robinho or Berbatov?

Poll

Which big wage hunter?

[ 19 ]
    Robinho or Berbatov? - Page 2 Bar_left54%Robinho or Berbatov? - Page 2 Bar_right [54%] 
    [ 16 ]
    Robinho or Berbatov? - Page 2 Bar_left46%Robinho or Berbatov? - Page 2 Bar_right [46%] 

Total Votes: 35
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Robinho or Berbatov? - Page 2 Empty Re: Robinho or Berbatov?

Post by Pierre Littbarski Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:41 pm

Rasiak-9 wrote:Berbatov

Robinho won't be a flop exactly but he'll certainly be a let-down. No way is he worth 32 million anyway.

scratch

If Berbatov is worth £30.75m aged 27.5 then surely Robinho is worth £32m aged 24.5.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:55 pm

Problem is neither are worth that much. It's the transfer window and Man. City's sudden money influx that created those artificial prices.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:46 pm

kas wrote:Problem is neither are worth that much. It's the transfer window and Man. City's sudden money influx that created those artificial prices.
    Agreed with that. i dont think Berbatov is worth more then £20 mil and Robinho £15 mil because there is more question marks over him even though he is younger.
    Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071

Post by Batman Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:56 pm

Super Madrid wrote:
    kas wrote:Problem is neither are worth that much. It's the transfer window and Man. City's sudden money influx that created those artificial prices.
    Agreed with that. i dont think Berbatov is worth more then £20 mil and Robinho £15 mil because there is more question marks over him even though he is younger.

How much would you say Eto'o is worth?

i agree Berbatov is not worth £30m but i would say his worth more than Eto'o at the moment.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:01 pm

Batman wrote:
    Super Madrid wrote:

i agree Berbatov is not worth £30m but i would say his worth more than Eto'o at the moment.
    That is a real hard one because last season i would have said Eto is worth £30 mil. however the last 6 months cast some doubts about whether Eto was simply not fit or that injury took something out of him.assuming nothing has changed and he is the same class he always was he is still worth £ 30 mil but we cant say really untill we see him a bit more.

Now from Man utds point of view i dont think he is even worth £ 20 mil because i seriously i dont think he is what you needed. another striker who likes to feed other strikers is not what was needed. you were better off getting someone for Rooney to feed like a new Saha.
    Pogrebnyak could have been a decent buy.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Sgoater1 Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:03 pm

If Eto'o isnt firmly in Barce's first team come Jan i could see us going for him and i would love to see him at City.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:08 pm

Sgoater1 wrote:If Eto'o isnt firmly in Barce's first team come Jan i could see us going for him and i would love to see him at City.
    Eto has won Guardiolas trust in pre season otherwise he could have been an option. i honestly cant see him being sold by Barca because the problems has been put behind them.
    someone who would be worth looking at is Adriano who could be in problems if he doesnt fit in Mourinhos 4-3-3.
    Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071

Post by Batman Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:02 pm

Super Madrid wrote:
    Batman wrote:
    Super Madrid wrote:

That is a real hard one because last season i would have said Eto is worth £30 mil. however the last 6 months cast some doubts about whether Eto was simply not fit or that injury took something out of him.assuming nothing has changed and he is the same class he always was he is still worth £ 30 mil but we cant say really untill we see him a bit more.

Now from Man utds point of view i dont think he is even worth £ 20 mil because i seriously i dont think he is what you needed. another striker who likes to feed other strikers is not what was needed. you were better off getting someone for Rooney to feed like a new Saha.
    Pogrebnyak could have been a decent buy.

Benzema would have been a great signing but Lyon are not going to sell him yet.

Pogrebnyak looks like he is going to turn into a lethal striker but again would cost alot and his not proven at the top level yet.

What these two players lack and what SAF wanted this summer was experience upfront.

Berbatov has all the qualities to play upfront on his own if needed. The main difference between him and Saha is pace and that Saha has more strength. But for what Bebatov lacks we have Ronaldo. Plus Berbatovs control and finishing is better thans Saha.

The signing of Berbatov = not change but improvement.

Why change the system that won the double?
    Torrente
    Torrente

Number of posts : 5489
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by Torrente Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:30 pm

Robinho's not a pussy! He got into a fight with Gravesen. It takes a lot of balls to even look at that psycopath the wrong way!

Robinho or Berbatov? - Page 2 Ap86305280208180331_big
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Sgoater1 Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:40 pm

7 goals in 10 games for Robinho and 5 assists - he has been amazing so far.

He was unlucky to hit the post twice as well last night.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:10 pm

Robinho has suprised me, I must say. He's talent was never in doubt, but I thought he'd get squashed.

Sturridge looks amazing too, btw.
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Number of posts : 221
    Supports : manchester city and brighton
    Favourite Player : Micha richards.
    Registration date : 2008-07-27

Post by Cookie Monster Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:12 pm

Robinho.

I don't think you can argue iot.

Barba might be better but robinho will have more of an impact at man city than he will at man utd.

At man utd he will just fit along side everyone else.
    Robinho at man city will stand out.
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:01 pm

I think Robinho at home will be almost unstoppable at times against the lower-level teams, who will give him more time and space than the big clubs.

It'll be more interesting to see how well he does away from home, where he's likely to get a few more kicks and less time on the ball. He didn't look particularly good against Wigan or Bolton.

He's a class player though and I do wish we'd signed him.
    Gunnersaurus
    Gunnersaurus

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2008-11-07

Post by Gunnersaurus Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:02 pm

Robinho, Berbatov is lazy so United are pretty much playing with 10 men.

It's a lot of money for the odd goal and fancy flick.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:10 pm

He's scored goals and provided assists too, so it's not just all fancy flicks. Not sure why Berbatov being lazy matters...if he makes good use of the ball when he does get involved, and Man. Utd's system/play is not getting affected by him being "lazy", then it's no big deal.

And anyway, even if it wasn't a trait of his game, it's not exactly required, with his partners Rooney or Tevez both doing a bit too much work.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:34 pm