Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Glenarch of the Glen
bluenine
Jaime
Cesc Soler
Calidad
Z
Balls Grayson
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
robert
fcb
TM
Formerly known as sheva7
16 posters

Brazilian players impact in La Liga and EPL

Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Brazilian players impact in La Liga and EPL - Page 2 Empty Re: Brazilian players impact in La Liga and EPL

Post by Tweesus Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:07 pm

So who were the six EPL players that were called up?
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Brazilian players impact in La Liga and EPL - Page 2 Empty Re: Brazilian players impact in La Liga and EPL

Post by Football Genius Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:12 pm

sheva7 wrote:
    TM wrote:Elano was just an example in the whole Brazilians adapting to English weather etc.

Just wait for Robinho, Jo and Elano's form to begin to fade towards and in the winter.

Elano spent three seasons in Ukraine. English weather is heaven for him. cheers

Precisely what i was thinking, Jo too with his Russian winters...

Proper stupid point to raise with the Brazilian individuals in question....
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:21 pm

Calidad wrote:
    Cesc Soler wrote:
    sheva7 wrote:Geovanni just scored an amazing goal against Arsenal. Smile
    Cracking goal to be fair.

What is his reputation like in Brazil?

@ Calidad

I would say the Juninho was very close to be considered a top class Brazilian footballer at the time, even though it was indeed ages ago when he first moved to Teeside.

If that red tape wasn't in place about signing players fro Brazil before they turn 18, there would probably be more in the EPL.

I think it was todo that said he was barely known in Brasil though.

Todo just doesnt like Juninho because he played for a rival club..and he doesnt like Juninho's style of play(also known as god like). Juninho was Brazilian player of the season when we bought him Ale

Emerson was the one who they didnt know about..and he was top class for us aswell.
    EMP
    EMP

Number of posts : 7384
    Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
    Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by EMP Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:21 pm

kas wrote:We need to make a thread, "Dutch players impact in La Liga and everywhere"...RVN and VDV Sad

Maduro Rolling Eyes
    EMP
    EMP

Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,

Post by EMP Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:24 pm

Cesc Soler wrote:
    sheva7 wrote:Geovanni just scored an amazing goal against Arsenal. Smile
    Cracking goal to be fair.

What is his reputation like in Brazil?

@ Calidad

I would say the Juninho was very close to be considered a top class Brazilian footballer at the time, even though it was indeed ages ago when he first moved to Teeside.

If that red tape wasn't in place about signing players fro Brazil before they turn 18, there would probably be more in the EPL.

You mean Article 13. It applies to other countries as well. Midtjylland just ignore it and pay fines.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:43 pm

I personally think its a piece of welcomed red tape. It would horribl;e if you could sign players before the age of 18 as most of the top European side's youth teams would be chok-a-blok with Brazilians
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:43 pm

City also signed another Brasilian. A defender I think.
    Balls Grayson
    Balls Grayson

Number of posts : 1315
    Supports : Italy, Spain
    Registration date : 2007-02-25

Post by Balls Grayson Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:45 pm

Tweedle wrote:I personally think its a piece of welcomed red tape. It would horribl;e if you could sign players before the age of 18 as most of the top European side's youth teams would be chok-a-blok with Brazilians

I remember once you told me it was a fantasy of yours to choke a bloke with a brazillian
    EMP
    EMP

Post by EMP Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:54 pm

Tweedle wrote:I personally think its a piece of welcomed red tape. It would horribl;e if you could sign players before the age of 18 as most of the top European side's youth teams would be chok-a-blok with Brazilians

It wouldn't just be Brazilians. Anyone who is cheaper than European youngsters - the rest of the world really would be raided, especially Argentinians - some Africans like Nigeria, and Ivorians for example would all be raided and local youngsters will miss out, but that should be related to prices too. The price of European potential is way too high. Like it or not football is seen as a business. Why pay millions for local talent when you can get four or five foreign players at same price? The price has to be reduced, especially now in the current economic climate.
    Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1899
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:25 pm

EMP wrote:

It wouldn't just be Brazilians. Anyone who is cheaper than European youngsters - the rest of the world really would be raided, especially Argentinians - some Africans like Nigeria, and Ivorians for example would all be raided and local youngsters will miss out, but that should be related to prices too. The price of European potential is way too high. Like it or not football is seen as a business. Why pay millions for local talent when you can get four or five foreign players at same price? The price has to be reduced, especially now in the current economic climate.

That's why some people like to steal youngsters. Especially from Catalunya...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:04 am