Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
A & K
Ricardo Jol
Six
Glenarch of the Glen
Aristoskank
Jaime
Dick Grayson
debaser
COTR
TheCrazy58
Cesc Soler
Chocolate Thunder
Isco Benny
Luis
18 posters

When will Hodgson be sacked?

Poll

When will Roy be sacked

[ 2 ]
    When will Hodgson be sacked? - Page 2 Bar_left10%When will Hodgson be sacked? - Page 2 Bar_right [10%] 
    [ 9 ]
    When will Hodgson be sacked? - Page 2 Bar_left45%When will Hodgson be sacked? - Page 2 Bar_right [45%] 
    [ 4 ]
    When will Hodgson be sacked? - Page 2 Bar_left20%When will Hodgson be sacked? - Page 2 Bar_right [20%] 
    [ 4 ]
    When will Hodgson be sacked? - Page 2 Bar_left20%When will Hodgson be sacked? - Page 2 Bar_right [20%] 
    [ 1 ]
    When will Hodgson be sacked? - Page 2 Bar_left5%When will Hodgson be sacked? - Page 2 Bar_right [5%] 

Total Votes: 20
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

When will Hodgson be sacked? - Page 2 Empty Re: When will Hodgson be sacked?

Post by Jaime Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:15 pm

COTR wrote:
    Jaime wrote:Just out of curiosity, how is Aquilani doing in Italy?

He was excellent last night. That was the only match I've seen him play but he is clearly impressing enough for the coach to be throwing him in against Inter from the start.

Fair enough, I don't really watch Serie A much these days. But it seems like everyone points to Aquilani as the big (or of the bigger) mistakes of Hodgson's summer but I didn't know if he was even playing.
    A & K

Number of posts : 3347
    Registration date : 2006-08-12

Post by A & K Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:15 pm

The problem with Liverpool is that for years they've been relying a bit too much on Gerrard and Torres. When these two don't play well the team sucks...
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Ricardo Jol Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:20 pm

Alive and Kicking wrote:The problem with Liverpool is that for years they've been relying a bit too much on Gerrard and Torres. When these two don't play well the team sucks...

I think it is time for Babel to step up now.... ok

Very Happy
    Six
    Six

Number of posts : 4390
    Supports : Liverpool
    Registration date : 2009-01-14

Post by Six Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:01 pm

Alive and Kicking wrote:The problem with Liverpool is that for years they've been relying a bit too much on Gerrard and Torres. When these two don't play well the team sucks...

Way too simplistic. Torres hardly played in our best league season and Gerrard had constant niggling injuries as well. Result was they hardly started together and we still won most our games without them. Even if Gerrard and Torres were in form and scoring a goal each per game we would still be dropping points because our defence is so embarrasingly bad and our midfield is non-existant.
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by COTR Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:38 pm

Totally wrong

For years we were relying on Alonso holding the team together and supplying the dynamic but extremely non subtle style of Gerrard and whoever has been playing up front.

When he left the 'team' fell apart and merely exposed the lack of technique most of our players have. Poulsen and Lucas have not been what you would call adequate replacements since he left. Aquilani could have been, but Roy decided to send him to Juve for nothing. Meireles might yet be, but Roy is currently playing him on the wing.

Main problem is Rafa built a squad based on his favoured formation. When Alonso left it left a gaping creative void which he wanted to fill with Aquilani and Jovetic. He only got Aquilani and he unsurprisingly turned out to be a fitness related failure. Roy is now trying to play his own formation with a squad in no way suited to playing it.
    A & K

Number of posts : 3347
    Registration date : 2006-08-12

Post by A & K Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:28 am

I should have said Gerrard, Torres, Alonso (but he's not there anymore) and Kuyt.

So who's supposed to score then. Torres is.
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:11 pm

COTR wrote:

Totally wrong

For years we were relying on Alonso holding the team together and supplying the dynamic but extremely non subtle style of Gerrard and whoever has been playing up front.

When he left the 'team' fell apart and merely exposed the lack of technique most of our players have. Poulsen and Lucas have not been what you would call adequate replacements since he left. Aquilani could have been, but Roy decided to send him to Juve for nothing. Meireles might yet be, but Roy is currently playing him on the wing.

Main problem is Rafa built a squad based on his favoured formation. When Alonso left it left a gaping creative void which he wanted to fill with Aquilani and Jovetic. He only got Aquilani and he unsurprisingly turned out to be a fitness related failure. Roy is now trying to play his own formation with a squad in no way suited to playing it.
    Since you still support Liverp8-0l I'm wondering will we ever going to see that again? Rafa's Liverp0-0l is not there anymore, for god sake... but Roy made it FC Loserpoints.... Crying or Very sad
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:07 pm

From a RAWK poll :

I have no problem with the way Roy is managing the team

4 (0.8%)

Give him until the end of the season to prove his worth

49 (9.6%)

Give him until Christmas - Let's see what he can do

134 (26.3%)

The derby is his last chance to turn it around

122 (23.9%)

Out now. We've seen enough

201 (39.4%)

lol!
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:42 pm

what`'s so funny about that?
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:43 pm

maybe just as he was posting the poll he looked out of the window and saw an old woman step in some dog poo

that is pretty funny lol!
    ptl161

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2010-09-29

Post by ptl161 Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:36 pm

haha so funny
    vote for Give him until the end of the season to prove his worth

Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:31 pm

Whistle
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10247

Post by Murray Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:28 pm

tomorrow
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by TheCrazy58 Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:10 am

Only a matter of time now...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/dec/31/roy-hodgson-liverpool-woes

Liverpool's owners seek replacement for Roy HodgsonAs the manager expressed his hurt and loneliness in the club's predicament his masters were searching for a successor

Tim Rich guardian.co.uk, Saturday 1 January 2011 00.43 GMT Article history

Roy Hodgson became manager of Liverpool 183 days ago. On the day he got the job he said: 'I always knew Liverpool fans were special. The motto "You'll never walk alone" is really lived by the fans. It's a club where you feel you're not alone.' Today those words came back to haunt him.

Roy Hodgson's days at Liverpool appear to be numbered after it emerged last night the club's American owners are ready to replace him midway through the season, if the right candidate becomes available.

As the manager made an emotional plea to fans to get behind him and apologised for his perceived criticism of them after Wednesday's defeat by Wolverhampton Wanderers, Fenway Sports Group, which bought the club in October, had reportedly decided to start looking for his successor after six months at the helm. The former Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard has been linked with the job, as have Didier Deschamps, Porto's André Villas Boas and Bolton's Owen Coyle.

While one poll suggested that more than nine in 10 Liverpool fans wanted Hodgson sacked, the manager yesterday gave vent to his feelings.

"After the defeat by Wolves I thought I did quite a good job to disguise the hurt, the sadness and, to some extent, the anger that I was feeling. To take stick from the crowd and then to stand up in a press conference and say I understood and sympathised with them ... It is always going to be the case as a manager that when things are going wrong you are going to get that flak, that stick. It is unfortunate for me that fans should think I went into a press conference with a view to attacking them because nothing could be further from the truth.

"Two or three weeks ago we were on a good roll and playing some good football and everything looked so bright and positive. A very good performance at Tottenham, which should have encouraged people, has now become just another defeat. Then we had the last two defeats, against Newcastle and Wolves, which have hurt us very badly and hurt me very badly. It has swung things round enormously and put us in the situation where we find ourselves today. I cannot emphasise enough that it hurts me deeply. It hurts my professional pride. It hurts all the things I believe in to find myself in the situation I am in but I have to accept it. I feel very bad and very down.

"I have the experience but it has been an uphill struggle since I came here. Maybe that was the point I was trying to make [about the famous Anfield support] which has been interpreted as a crack against the fans. I have had a lot of situations to deal with and worked very hard to put together a team that knows what it is doing and can produce winning football. Along the way there have been some very big setbacks which have thrown me into the limelight and the firing line. I accept it as part of taking a job of this stature.

"Last night I saw a quote from Benjamin Disraeli when he became prime minster: 'I have achieved my goal and climbed to the top of the greasy pole.' That is really what we do. That is how I feel. Coming to Liverpool for me was a pinnacle; to some extent it was a reward for the work I had put in, not just at Fulham but in the years before. It was a recognition of my competence. You come here hoping you will keep flying forward but, yes, I did know it would be difficult. If we can between now and the end of the season get the results everybody wants, people will respect us more for the hardship we have gone through. It is a cliché but we coaches do need time, patience and support. Support at this club is of vital importance because that is what has made it great through the years – the feeling that Liverpool is a bit special and that people get together when things are not going well.

"It would be nice to have people around you who could help you a bit more but it doesn't really work that way. It is a lonely job being the manager of a top club. You can't expect people to help you too much. The staff are very good and supportive – and so too are the players – but your family is the most important during these times. They try to encourage you that life isn't all doom and gloom and there might be a bright spot somewhere along the way. That is what you have to cling on to.

"Two defeats in a row – and one of them at home against a team you are expected to beat – that is a time when you are going to be very hurt and upset about everything. Lonely is not the wrong word to use because, to be quite honest, you don't want company anyway. You want to be left alone with your thoughts. They are not pleasant thoughts but you don't have the desire to do anything other than sit around with them."
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:00 am

Bolton's Owen Coyle. cheers
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10247

Post by Murray Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:10 pm

And now the end is near............
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:53 pm

Only one more game to go before mission accomplished

When will Hodgson be sacked? - Page 2 Article-0-0CA0F801000005DC-76_634x386
    Ä
    Ä

Number of posts : 11028
    Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:14 pm

according to an English betting shop, Paddy Power, or whatever it's called

the number one favourite is now

Rangnick

Ale

he is a VERY good Manager

but I doubt he would be considered to be sufficiently high profile by the English media and Pool fans to have a chance

still

you could do A LOT WORSE

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:54 pm