Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Super Progress
S4P
Pierre Littbarski
stinger
christmasborocooper
shazlx
Hlebagone
Sheffield gunner
Deluded F*ck™
Di Caniooooo!
debaser
Cesc Soler
Kroos
Matt_AFC
COTR
Jaime
Luis
21 posters

Premier League Fixtures 19/20 March

christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Premier League Fixtures 19/20 March - Page 5 Empty Re: Premier League Fixtures 19/20 March

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:52 pm

Great goal from Ramieres. When did he decide he was a footballer?
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Premier League Fixtures 19/20 March - Page 5 Empty Re: Premier League Fixtures 19/20 March

Post by COTR Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:52 pm

Ramires cheers
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:53 pm

Bar Silva and Tevez I don't rate any of these City players. Who have they actually spent money on? What a disgrace Mancini has been for them.
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
    Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:53 pm

Kolorov hasn't impressed me so far at all in the games i've seen of him.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:53 pm

Luis wrote:Bar Silva and Tevez I don't rate any of these City players. Who have they actually spent money on? What a disgrace Mancini has been for them.

Johnson ok

Toure too actually..ok
    Matt_AFC
    Matt_AFC

Number of posts : 922
    Supports : Arsenal,Benfica
    Registration date : 2009-10-25

Post by Matt_AFC Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:54 pm

Benfica Boys save Chelsea cheers
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:54 pm

Luis wrote:Bar Silva and Tevez I don't rate any of these City players. Who have they actually spent money on? What a disgrace Mancini has been for them.

Toure and Kompany

Last edited by Ade on Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Yaya obviously)
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Post by Hlebagone Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:54 pm

Ramires. Great goal. Chelsea still in with a shout of the title.
    Luis
    Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:54 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:

Johnson ok

Toure too actually..ok

Johnson is indeed great but Mancini doesn't seem to think so...

Yaya's decent enough I guess, doesn't strike me as an exceptional player.

christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:55 pm

Yaya is immense.
    COTR
    COTR

Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:56 pm

Luis wrote:
    christmasborocooper wrote:

Johnson ok

Toure too actually..ok

Johnson is indeed great but Mancini doesn't seem to think so...

Yaya's decent enough I guess, doesn't strike me as an exceptional player.

Stick him into a decent team and he would stand out much more. The guy is a beast of a footballer.

This City side is just shite. The only reason they are in the top four is squad depth.
    GR
    GR

Number of posts : 655
    Supports : Liverpool FC
    Favourite Player : Momo Sissoko, King Kenny, Robbie Fowler, Ian Rush, Daniel Agger, Xabi Alonso, Zidane
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by GR Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:59 pm

8 points behind these idiots - and we still got to play them and spurs. 4th would still be on if we had the belief like the old days.
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Post by Hlebagone Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:59 pm

There's plenty of players in this city side who would walk into Asenal or Man uts starting teams:

For Arsenal, for example: Hart, Kompany, Yaya Toure, Tevez.

Really, Mancini must take the blame here. If he finishes fourth with no trophies, I guess he'll be fired at the end of the season. One more season after that max.
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:01 pm

Luis talking out of his arse just for a change.

Tevez is awesome.

Jinky is quality.

Yaya is fantastic.

De Jong is rightly slaughtered for the nasty side of his game but is very good.

Silva is brilliant.

Richards is a great prospect.

Hart is a great prospect.

Kompany is good.

Zabaleta is very good.

Balotelli is a great talent but a liability.

They have plenty of good players but an average manager as well as some really shit players like Barry, Milner and Dzeko.

Torres cheers

His substitution was key because it meant that Chelsea had a set-piece taker.
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Post by Hlebagone Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:03 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:Luis talking out of his arse just for a change.

lol!

Dzeko and Kolorov look to be a pretty bad example of how to spend 50 million.
    Brian2468

Number of posts : 4875

Post by Brian2468 Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:04 pm

David Luiz is the man......City are way to conservative that it stifles creation in the side going forward anti-football for sure.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:10 pm

Spurs having shit/underperforming/underused strikers is the only thing keeping Citeh in the top 4.
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:50 pm

Deluded F*ck™ wrote:Spurs having shit/underperforming/underused strikers is the only thing keeping Citeh in the top 4.

+ a Mr Royston Hodgson
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:43 pm

Tevez is awesome.

Jinky is quality.

Yaya is fantastic.

De Jong is rightly slaughtered for the nasty side of his game but is very good.

Silva is brilliant.

Richards is a great prospect.

Hart is a great prospect.

Kompany is good.

Zabaleta is very good.

Balotelli is a great talent but a liability.

They have plenty of good players but an average manager as well as some really shit players like Barry, Milner and Dzeko.

Torres cheers

His substitution was key because it meant that Chelsea had a set-piece taker.

Ale Saved me a long winded post cos Luis was indeed talking out his backside
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:47 pm

Hlebagone wrote:

lol!

Dzeko and Kolorov look to be a pretty bad example of how to spend 50 million.

Well for a start they cost £40m Smile anyway Kolorov's been ok and Dzeko like Torres is a decent player but needs time to settle into our team...and for him get used to playig in the epl.
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Post by Hlebagone Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:40 pm

Dzeko looks alright. I feel the pacy EPL might be a bit difficult for a non pacy player. And not sure if he'll ever get the time to settle. Should've gone to Italy.

I'll give him some time though. Other technically gifted slow strikers have been succesful here: Pavlyuchenko, Berbatov.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:46 pm

COTR wrote:
    Deluded F*ck™ wrote:Spurs having shit/underperforming/underused strikers is the only thing keeping Citeh in the top 4.

+ a Mr Royston Hodgson

Do you recall last season at all?
    stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:00 pm

Hlebagone wrote:Dzeko looks alright. I feel the pacy EPL might be a bit difficult for a non pacy player. And not sure if he'll ever get the time to settle. Should've gone to Italy.

I'll give him some time though. Other technically gifted slow strikers have been succesful here: Pavlyuchenko, Berbatov.
    Despite having some fans of him here I don't think Pavlyuchenko has been succesful in PL, he is doing okay, but nothing special. Dzeko lost every battle against David Luiz today, it didn't look well.
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:07 pm

debaser wrote:
    COTR wrote:

+ a Mr Royston Hodgson

Relevance to the 2010/11 season please ?
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:08 pm

Having a team that arent good enough is the only thing blocking most of these teams not being in the top 4
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:13 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:Having a team that arent good enough is the only thing blocking most of these teams not being in the top 4

ok

True

But a Mr Royston Hodgson was quite an extenuating circumstance for our current points tally
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:28 pm

If we had Kenny from the summer we'd either be 4th or much nearer to it then we currently are. Simple as that, all the stats prove it <Ale>

As for talking out my arse about City well I still don't see a great deal of world class players for the money they've payed.

Zabaleta, Richards, Kompany? meh. De Jong? meh. Hart is a good prospect but I don't rate him as much as some people do if I'm honest.

It's a good squad with 2 or 3 genuinely class players. Dzeko and Balotelli may have quality but not proven in this league just yet. Balotelli isn't worth the risk or money, he's just a complete tosser and will cost City more than he accomplishes for them.

If I looked at a City team sheet with no Tevez or Silva in it I'd expect us to draw if not beat them.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:31 pm

I bet there's stats to say Liverpool have been better off without Torres and with Suarez. Maybe thats all Hodge needed..better players.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:34 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:I bet there's stats to say Liverpool have been better off without Torres and with Suarez. Maybe thats all Hodge needed..better players.

That's just one player though. A swap Torres for Suarez. Caroll has only played 1 league game so not counting him.

Hodgson had everyone else yet players like Meireles, Lucas and Agger weren't anywhere near as good under him.

The shite tactics and mentality we had for 6 months may have ultimately cost us a challenge for 4th this season, thats what COTR was saying.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:20 pm

COTR wrote:
    debaser wrote:
    COTR wrote:

+ a Mr Royston Hodgson

Relevance to the 2010/11 season please ?

You had a slightly stronger team, and better manager. City and Spurs had weaker sides and still both finished above you.

Besides, have you Liver lot completely forgot the whole Hicks/Gillette thing? Y'know how your owners were complete c**ts and sold good players and fucked the morale of the team and all that...that did happen, right? I know Dalgish is magic and all, but there would still have been inconsistency with that whole ownership thing was going on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 2:21 am