Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
TITO
Since 1888
Bashmachkin
Fade out
Axeslammer
Deano
The Easter Bunny
Batman
S4P
Jaime
Murray
Super Progress
The Pröfessör
Cesc Soler
Kimbo
Riviera
shazlx
Deluded F*ck™
Pierre Littbarski
Puro
Khadrim
COTR
Six
TheCrazy58
Sheffield gunner
SuperMario
Rasiak-9
Dwarf
Chocolate Thunder
Aristoskank
Sgoater1
Romford Pele
Fey
L r dd
christmasborocooper
Luis
Rosicky
Di Caniooooo!
debaser
fcb
44 posters

Fantasy Football (Premier League) discussion thread:May 9-13

fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Fantasy Football (Premier League) discussion thread:May 9-13 Empty Fantasy Football (Premier League) discussion thread:May 9-13

Post by fcb Thu May 07, 2009 11:31 am

Saturday, 9 May 2009
    Blackburn v Portsmouth, 15:00
    Bolton v Sunderland, 15:00
    Everton v Tottenham, 15:00
    Fulham v Aston Villa, 15:00
    Hull v Stoke, 15:00
    West Brom v Wigan, 15:00
    West Ham v Liverpool, 17:30

Sunday, 10 May 2009
    Arsenal v Chelsea, 16:00
    Man Utd v Man City, 13:30

Monday, 11 May 2009
    Newcastle v Middlesbrough, 20:00

Wednesday, 13 May 2009
    Wigan v Man Utd, 20:00

Sunday and Monday's games are the most interesting ones.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Fantasy Football (Premier League) discussion thread:May 9-13 Empty Re: Fantasy Football (Premier League) discussion thread:May 9-13

Post by debaser Thu May 07, 2009 11:47 am

Newcastle-Boro and the Manc derby are the big ones.

But the importance of those games can be affected by what happens Saturday - if Liverpool drop points, pressure will be off Utd, knowing they'd be 4-6pts from the title, with 2 games in hand.

for the relegation battle, wins for Hull & Sunderland would ramp up the pressure even more on Monday's game. The loser would be all-but-mathematically relegated, and a draw would be pretty useless for both. If Hull lose, a draw isn't so bad, and the teams may play cautious and get one. Depending how results go, WBA could be down on Saturday, or be the closest they've been to safety for months..
    Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
    Supports : West Ham
    Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Fantasy Football (Premier League) discussion thread:May 9-13 Empty Re: Fantasy Football (Premier League) discussion thread:May 9-13

Post by Di Caniooooo! Thu May 07, 2009 11:58 am

Man Utd, Everton, and Villa so better win 😠 Grr
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Thu May 07, 2009 12:06 pm

Spurs'll get something at Everton. We'll draw at Full Ham. Manc derby I wouldn't like to call.

Anyways, all you have to do is beat L'pool and they'll all stay behind ya Wink
    Di Caniooooo!

Post by Di Caniooooo! Thu May 07, 2009 12:10 pm

If we can draw at Anfield there is a .000453% we can win at home lol!
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Thu May 07, 2009 12:13 pm

Is Citeh vs United on Setanta Grr
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Thu May 07, 2009 12:56 pm

Rosicky wrote:Is Citeh vs United on Setanta Grr

No - both sunday games on sky Ale

The Chelsea Vs Arsenal one is the battle of the losers. Both will be deflated but Arsenal may win because Arshavin will be fresh and Chelsea will be mentally destroyed.

In the Manc game, it depends which City and which Robinho turns up, I just hope it's a sunny day...think United will just edge it though Sad

Newcastle vs Boro is absolutely massive, the loser is getting relegated end of story, the winner will escape it IMO at the expense of Hull. A draw would be costly to both sides if Hull can get something against Stoke...

As for Liverpool, this is our toughest game in a while, away against a very good West Ham side without Alonso and with injury doubts to Torres and Mascherano it's going to be very difficult.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper Thu May 07, 2009 12:57 pm

Newcastle will win, we are genuinely hopeless.
    Luis
    Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis Thu May 07, 2009 1:00 pm

borocooper wrote:Newcastle will win, we are genuinely hopeless.

So what are Newcastle?
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Thu May 07, 2009 1:02 pm

Almost hopeless but with a possibility of scoring a goal when Martins, Owen and Viduka are on the pitch.
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Post by Rosicky Thu May 07, 2009 1:14 pm

what is the expected united line-up for both games?

will fergus be rotating, or going full guns to wrap up the league as quickly as possible ?
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Thu May 07, 2009 1:23 pm

Rosicky wrote:what is the expected united line-up for both games?

will fergus be rotating, or going full guns to wrap up the league as quickly as possible ?
    Very subtle code for 'Who shall I put in my FF team?' lol!

They'll have had 4 days gap and Tuesday wasn't too stressful in the end, so I'd imagine full strength on Sunday, and then it depends on results as to Wednesday's team. Given that the CL final is a few weeks away, they're probably more keen to get the points asap and rest in the last couple of games.
    L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by L r dd Thu May 07, 2009 1:27 pm

Ronaldo will play twice IMO...Rooney probably will as well. Imagine berba and Tevez will get a game each. Giggs will probably start one of the matches as will Scholes. Rafael could well start against Robinho again since he took care of him last time. Evra will start both games. the rest who knows Ale
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Post by Rosicky Thu May 07, 2009 1:30 pm

debaser wrote:
    Rosicky wrote:what is the expected united line-up for both games?

Very subtle code for 'Who shall I put in my FF team?' lol!

<Ale> Biggrin

@ lrd

Thanks. Thats pretty much what i assumed anyway.
    L r dd

Post by L r dd Thu May 07, 2009 1:36 pm

Win both games and we're champions, then a good two and a half weeks rest for the cl final. That's gotta be the aim. If Chelsea beat Arsenal they're closing in on Pool for second, likewise if Arsenal win maybe Chelsea are in danger of fourth again. With the one of the two north east teams(both if it's a draw) being all but relegated. Most exciting prem week in a long time.

Actually @ rosicky considering man utd play arsenal next saturday @ 12.45 i think a few big guns might be rested v Wigan. Rooney is more likely to start both games IMO due to the fact he's missed a lot of the season and came off early v Arsenal.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey Thu May 07, 2009 2:07 pm

Newcastle v Middlesbrough

Surely the game of this round..NEWCASTLE has to win this game, my brother will be devastated if they will go down and personally I dont want them to go down either. Best shirt in the EPL and I think a lot of people have a weak for them.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Thu May 07, 2009 6:47 pm

Blew my accumulator money on a holiday cheers
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Thu May 07, 2009 7:01 pm

I cant wait for Sunday, its a massive game for us, we really need to finish 7th and also its the derby and we fucking hate the scum.

We are on good form and playing with confidence but its going to be very very tough. We really need to play at our best...if we do then i think we can do it.

By the way what does this game mean to the U*d fans on here ? just interested to know cos i know non of you are mancs and i just wondered.

For me it means loads, im from manchester and have grown up hating u*d, going to school with their fans and now being surronded by them at my work. I just hate the club simple as that and altough im not bitter i would fucking love to see us beat the twats again.

Anyway ive booked monday off work cos i couldnt face the scum fans if we lose (id end up smashing one with a phone in the middle of my office or something cos they're all c**ts ) and if we win i plan on getting smashed.

Bring it on, CTID
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Number of posts : 9733
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post by Aristoskank Thu May 07, 2009 7:03 pm

Ray Parlour wrote:Blew my accumulator money on a holiday cheers

Good on you, where are you going?
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Thu May 07, 2009 7:05 pm

I doubt it means very much to the United 'fans' on here Goat...they hate Liverpool more than City by far. In terms of the title race for them though it's massive and it's the hardest game they have left IMO because Arsenal will be too weak mentally to believe they can win at Old Trafford but I bet all of the City players think they can get something this weekend.
    Di Caniooooo!

Post by Di Caniooooo! Thu May 07, 2009 8:22 pm

WEST HAM UNITED V LIVERPOOL

West Ham United (Probable, 4-3-1-2): Green; Neill, Tomkins, Upson, Ilunga; Stanislas, Noble, Kovac, Boa Morte; Tristan, Di Michele.

Tests: Parker (groin), Collins (calf), Cole (groin), Collison (knee).
    Missing: Behrami (knee), Ashton (knee), Gabbidon (groin/pelvis).
    Leading Scorer: Cole 9.
    Discipline: R: 3. Y: 63.

Liverpool (Probable, 4-5-1): Reina; Arbeloa, Carragher, Skrtel, Insua; Kuyt, Alonso, Gerrard, Benayoun, Lucas; Torres.

Tests: Gerrard (hamstring).
    Missing: Hyypia (knee), Degen (groin).
    Leading Scorer: Gerrard, Torres 13.
    Discipline: R: 0. Y: 48.

Stat Attack: Liverpool’s 3-0 win over Newcastle last weekend was their eighth in the League without defeat and their seventh win in that period. And they have lost once – last season – in their last six visits.

Referee: Alan Wiley. Games: 25. R: 2. Y: 71. Ave: 2.92.

Previous five league meetings:

2007-2008 (PL): West Ham 1 Liverpool 0
    2006-2007 (PL): West Ham 1 Liverpool 2
    2005-2006 (PL): West Ham 1 Liverpool 2
    2004-2005 (PL): West Ham 0 Liverpool 3
    2003-2004 (PL): West Ham 1 Liverpool 1

Bet on... A draw. ...... Hope so! cheers
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Thu May 07, 2009 11:24 pm

Stimulus Package wrote:
    Ray Parlour wrote:Blew my accumulator money on a holiday cheers

Good on you, where are you going?

The Algarve with some of my boys. Then i'm off to Nice for a bit. Helps when your cousin is an air hostess Laughing
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Post by Aristoskank Fri May 08, 2009 10:54 am

Your boys?
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Fri May 08, 2009 12:10 pm

Friends from uni ok
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Fri May 08, 2009 3:47 pm

So Xabi definetely out but should be back for WBA.
    Masch and Torres set to start after being out with injuries.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Fri May 08, 2009 5:09 pm

Why do I get the feeling there will be widespread arguments between the Liverpool fans and Deano tomorrow night? ...
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Post by Aristoskank Fri May 08, 2009 5:14 pm

Because most of the Liverpool fans are cocks?
    L r dd

Post by L r dd Fri May 08, 2009 5:27 pm

Luis wrote:Why do I get the feeling there will be widespread arguments between the Liverpool fans and Deano tomorrow night? ...

Cause one side of you is argumentative, get abusive easily and cant see anything their team does as wrong...and the other is deano
    Di Caniooooo!

Post by Di Caniooooo! Fri May 08, 2009 8:40 pm

Don't forget about me! Laughing
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Fri May 08, 2009 9:04 pm

L-r d wrote:
    Luis wrote:Why do I get the feeling there will be widespread arguments between the Liverpool fans and Deano tomorrow night? ...

Cause one side of you is argumentative, get abusive easily and cant see anything their team does as wrong...and the other is deano

So basically... you.

lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 7:54 am