Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+38
blutgraetsche
Balack was Coward
TheCrazy58
Chris 23*
bluenine
EMP
S4P
rosenthal
worms rises
COTR
The Chosen Glenn
debaser
ERIK LAMELA
Axeslammer
Bashmachkin
Romford Pele
Glenarch of the Glen
Pierre Littbarski
worms.
Brian2468
Rosicky
Xavier
Pirlo
Jaime
Puro
Luis
christmasborocooper
Fey
Deluded F*ck™
Allez les rouges
stinger
Hlebagone
110%
Kimbo
The Easter Bunny
fcb
Fade out
Isco Benny
42 posters

Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Newcastle United - 2014/2015 - Page 15 Empty Re: Newcastle United - 2014/2015

Post by Luis Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:25 pm

Reading winger Jimmy Kebe in Newcastle transfer prank

Reading winger Jimmy Kebe claimed he was set to become Newcastle's latest signing before admitting he was joking.
    The Magpies have recruited three players from France this month and are reportedly close to adding two more.
    Newcastle's French contingent
    Yohan Cabaye
    Hatem Ben Arfa
    Romain Amalfitano
    Sylvain Marveaux
    Gabriel Obertan
    Mathieu Debuchy
    Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa
    Yoan Gouffran

France-born Kebe, wrote on Twitter: "On my way to Newcastle, having medical then sign a four-year contract."
    But he then added: "Oops I thought if you're French and play football you pop into Newcastle and sign a contract? Not a chance of leaving #LoveReadingFC#."

lol!
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:28 pm

Guess who's being questioned on suspicion of rape!!

Spoiler:

Rolling Eyes
    110%

Number of posts : 8978
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by 110% Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:57 pm

Unless he tweeted about it, it didn't happen. I am pretty sure he wouldn't do something like that without notifying his followers.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:31 pm

We're getting so much stick for signing foreign players. Rolling Eyes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2267338/Newcastle-producing-local-Toon-talent-foreign-legion-Jamie-Redknapp.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

If it's a choice between getting relegated with a team of overpaid Englishmen(again) or filling the team with foreigners and staying up, i'd pick the latter. And all this shit about how people hoping we get relegated, Newcastle are supposed to be a traditional club etc, people were hoping we got relegated when we had a team of Englishmen, most would enjoy seeing us relegated no matter what the clubs circumstances are. There isn't a single English player in our squad that I would be upset to see leave.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:26 pm

Kimbo wrote:We're getting so much stick for signing foreign players. Rolling Eyes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2267338/Newcastle-producing-local-Toon-talent-foreign-legion-Jamie-Redknapp.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

If it's a choice between getting relegated with a team of overpaid Englishmen(again) or filling the team with foreigners and staying up, i'd pick the latter. And all this shit about how people hoping we get relegated, Newcastle are supposed to be a traditional club etc, people were hoping we got relegated when we had a team of Englishmen, most would enjoy seeing us relegated no matter what the clubs circumstances are. There isn't a single English player in our squad that I would be upset to see leave.

But is this a guarantee? QPR have filled their team with foreign mercenaries and they are going down. Wigan have mostly foreign players and they are probably going down.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:43 pm

Jaime wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:We're getting so much stick for signing foreign players. Rolling Eyes

But is this a guarantee? QPR have filled their team with foreign mercenaries and they are going down. Wigan have mostly foreign players and they are probably going down.

It's not a guarantee, but atleast it's action. The other option is to do nothing and get relegated like we did last time.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:16 pm

Kimbo wrote:The other option is to do nothing and get relegated like we did last time.

which is the option we've chosen Sad
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:22 pm

I thought he'd chosen the option of delightful young lower league players..so not too dissimilar to Wenger.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:26 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:I thought he'd chosen the option of delightful young lower league players..so not too dissimilar to Wenger.

I mean this January. everyone around us buying players. we in the worst form of all of them and doing nothing.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:28 pm

Yeah just like Wenger!

Deadline day you'll sign some 17yr old from Wycombe.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:39 pm

debaser wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:The other option is to do nothing and get relegated like we did last time.

which is the option we've chosen Sad

I was thinking "just like Villa" when I posted that. Very Happy

At least you have a striker playing well, so it's not all bad. Wink
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:03 am

What the fuck is going on.

Coloccini's letter to San Lorenzo fans in full:

"To my San Lorencista family

"I write these lines from a long way away where I am missing my country, my family and my close ones. And with sadness of knowing that after a series of meetings held here in Newcastle that my return to Argentina has been momentarily suspended.

"Unfortunately, life does not always end up like you wanted it or needed it to, many times is it influenced by third parties and the rigidities of contracts that are stronger than the will of one’s own desires.

"However, I am convinced that this moment of disappointment need not be an obstacle for me to declare my profound gratitude to each and every one of you for the affection and the support that you all have provided me during these past few months, in every way imaginable.

"Furthermore, I wish to acknowledge the patience and the respect of the media and the serious manner in which they conducted everything during this time for me and my family.

"I am sure that they have understood the personal situation that I have been going through and can comprehend that the silence maintained for both me and my representative, Marcelo Lombilla, during this time, has not been capricious but due to the need to keep private certain matters.

"Lastly, I wish to thank the authorities at San Lorenzo del Almagro and especially show my gratitude to the president, Dr Matias Lammens and vice president, Mr Marcelo Tinelli, for all the affection, support and understanding they have afforded me and who from the first moment, without any reservations or conditions, were interested in my personal and family situation and who put themselves at my disposal.

"Essentially, I want to thank the enormous effort made by them, from every point of view, to remove whatever difficulties I may have come in touch with.

"In these times, in which the leadership of the Argentine football appears less challenged by various reasons, it is with deep pride - as part of the San Lorenzo family- I wish to acknowledge to Matias Lammens and Marcelo Tinelli on their personal qualities, for their professional qualities and for their excellent management, their the honest work, their seriousness and commitment in placing the human being over and above other interests, all of which is a heading from the chosen path for our club; and that in the distance, certainly, I am filled with satisfaction.

"Sincerely thank you for both affection,

"Fabricio Coloccini."
    Chris 23*
    Chris 23*

Number of posts : 3108
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Jamie Carragher, Danny Agger, Junior Hoilett, Javier Mascherano and Fernandez Suso
    Registration date : 2009-07-14

Post by Chris 23* Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:43 am

Newcastle are getting relegated either way Kimbo, no amount of French players will save you. Bon Appetit
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:44 am

Chris 23* wrote:Newcastle are getting relegated either way Kimbo, no amount of French players will save you. Bon Appetit

Newcastle United - 2014/2015 - Page 15 Pumped_kid
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:17 am

That's actually not a bad article. Its not a xenophobic rant, there is definitely a question there to ask why Newcastle is producing so few local talents- the point about your u18s team being so poor despite the investment made under John Hall into the academy in the 90s is interesting.

It is possible to be successful recruiting English talent without spending huge amounts on ridiculous wages. We had 8 Englishman against United on the weekend and outplayed them, none of those 8 actually came through our (currently very successful) academy yet none bought for or on silly money. I know Newcastle aren't in the same financial position we are, but then 5-6 years ago they were. The misfortune of having a succession of crap owners I guess.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:17 pm

Disco Benny wrote:

That's actually not a bad article. Its not a xenophobic rant, there is definitely a question there to ask why Newcastle is producing so few local talents- the point about your u18s team being so poor despite the investment made under John Hall into the academy in the 90s is interesting.

It is possible to be successful recruiting English talent without spending huge amounts on ridiculous wages. We had 8 Englishman against United on the weekend and outplayed them, none of those 8 actually came through our (currently very successful) academy yet none bought for or on silly money. I know Newcastle aren't in the same financial position we are, but then 5-6 years ago they were. The misfortune of having a succession of crap owners I guess.

We don't produce British talent because we're a British team. tongue I don't know why we used to produce good players, but times have changed and now we're the same as everywhere else in the country. British people in general are devoid of flair, that's why our Rugby team have always played a gritty physical style, Andy Murray is our tennis player rather than Federer, guys like Froch and Calzaghe are our top boxers rather than Jones Jr and Whitaker. I mean people here think Rooney is skillful, I was watching a Peter Beardsley compilation yesterday and the two are on different planets, we'll probably never produce a player like that again. I can't think of 1 really skillful current English player. People in this country think Steven "40 yard pass/shot" Gerrard is a great player, we're fucked!

It would be nice to produce local players, but in terms of English ones, I feel no more connection to a cockney like Jamie Redknapp than I do a french player, why would I?! As for the local players we do produce, Steven "Mr Geordie" Taylor was refusing to sign a new contract if we didn't meet his wages demands, so in the end he got a 40k a week contract, twice what he deserves and probably more than what Mbiwa is getting, I would've let him go. So what is the benefit of bringing through local players? They're no more loyal than foreign players, and they'll use their status as "local" boys to get bigger contracts.

Also how many teams recently sold an academy product for £35m, and how many have played as many academy products as Newcastle this season? We've given our young players a chance this season, but they're not good enough, because they're British, so we have no choice but to buy foreign. I really don't think it's fair to single out Newcastle when the entire country is failing. Maybe if we had signed Zaha for £15m rather than 3 France internationals for the same amount we would get some credit. monkey
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:47 pm

Disco Benny wrote:

Your academy is rubbish, utter rubbish!
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:22 pm

@Kimbo, its because Newcastle used to churn out English talents is why you're being highlighted. Gazza, Beardsley, Waddle for example. Also, your academy players aren't good enough for your first team not because they are British but because there is a much smaller geographical pool to choose from than scouring the rest of the world and buying talent.

Fey, our Next gen academy made it through to the semi finals last season only to be disqualified over a clerical error where one player wasn't properly registered.

This season our u21 team finished top of it's group, ahead of Man United who were beaten 4-2, also beat Newcastle 6-0 and Barcelona 4-1 in Spain. Whether any of those players make the next step remains to be seen, however sorry to break it to you pal but our current academy is far from rubbish Ale
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:12 pm

Disco Benny wrote:@Kimbo, its because Newcastle used to churn out English talents is why you're being highlighted. Gazza, Beardsley, Waddle for example. Also, your academy players aren't good enough for your first team not because they are British but because there is a much smaller geographical pool to choose from than scouring the rest of the world and buying talent.

Well i'm no expert on kids coaching. A lot of these players came through places like Wallsend Boys Club, I'd imagine those clubs are pretty redundant these days. Some players still come from there but they are snapped up quickly, Adam Campbell and Steven Taylor left when they were 9, compared to Shearer and Beardsley leaving when they were 16 and 18. Maybe making kids join professional academies as soon as possible isn't so great afterall.

Anyway, we're finally spending some money and clearly the London media is shook, they don't like it. <Ale>
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:17 pm

You got rid of Xisco!!!! cheers
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:33 pm

Jaime wrote:You got rid of Xisco!!!! cheers

Newcastle United - 2014/2015 - Page 15 Tumblr_mc3hg5VpQP1qcy0p7o1_500
    The Chosen Glenn
    The Chosen Glenn

Number of posts : 3795
    Registration date : 2012-03-22

Post by The Chosen Glenn Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:45 pm

ended a 5 year contract 6 months early.

but

Newcastle United - 2014/2015 - Page 15 Alan-pardew-newcastle-reup-597x405
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:08 pm

The papers have been saying that if Pardew was sacked he would only be entitled to 1 years pay. So there is a glimmer of hope there. <Ale>
    The Chosen Glenn
    The Chosen Glenn

Post by The Chosen Glenn Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:10 pm

Typical Cockney media
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:12 pm

National Glennographic wrote:Typical Cockney media

Hey, we've also been getting slagged off for having the nerve to buy good players at reasonable prices.
    The Chosen Glenn
    The Chosen Glenn

Post by The Chosen Glenn Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:51 pm

is this something that actually happened, or is this more of your silly Geordie Chinese whispers?
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:40 am

Kimbo is a funny when he gets a bee in his pot belly.

The Geordie / Cockney media have been criticising Arsenal for years for the very same policy.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:33 pm

I agree that Arsenal have been criticised for the same thing, the "what will it do to our national game" mob down south don't like it, I think the further you go up north the less people give a fuck about the "national game". But if every team was dominated by English players and we had the 8th best league in europe as a result, they probably wouldn't like that.

And I don't have a bee in my bonnet, if people are complaining about us it usually means we're doing something right. If we sacked Pardew people would whinge about that aswell, as they always have when we've sacked a shit manager. <Ale>
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:17 am

awww Smiley

Newcastle United - 2014/2015 - Page 15 JBVsdvk

Newcastle United - 2014/2015 - Page 15 160536440-moussa-sissoko-of-newcastle-celebrates-his-gettyimages

Newcastle United - 2014/2015 - Page 15 160536566-rafa-benitez-the-chelsea-manager-looks-on-as-gettyimages
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:20 pm

Fucking embarrassing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:00 am