Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Murray
christmasborocooper
TheCrazy58
The Chosen Glenn
Pierre Littbarski
Bashmachkin
The Pröfessör
ERIK LAMELA
debaser
Sheffield gunner
Rosicky
rosenthal
Deluded F*ck™
Super Progress
Brian2468
Fey
Kimbo
Isco Benny
Chris 23*
Luis
24 posters

Premier League Fixtures 29/30 December 2012

The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Premier League Fixtures 29/30 December 2012 - Page 7 Empty Re: Premier League Fixtures 29/30 December 2012

Post by The Pröfessör Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:21 pm

Disco Benny wrote:Didn't he also score a hat trick in Rome (V Roma), the San Siro (V Inter Milan) and the winner at the Bernabeu (V Madrid). Hardly lesser sides at that time, or at Highbury either.

Henry wasn't the greatest player to ever play in the EPL (as some would have you believe), however the most overrated player of all time he certainly wasn't. He was fucking good. RVP is better (but more injury prone). But definitely top 5 IMO

At what? Please don't mention passing and vision.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Premier League Fixtures 29/30 December 2012 - Page 7 Empty Re: Premier League Fixtures 29/30 December 2012

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:30 pm

Finishing, technique and I would argue even though he's not as quick, his general movement is better.

RVP is just Zlatan 2.0 though - right down to the dodgy performances in the knockouts of WC/CL/Euros
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Post by The Pröfessör Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:46 pm

Deluded F*ck™ wrote:Finishing, technique and I would argue even though he's not as quick, his general movement is better.

Nah finishing is about the same, they are both not clinical but are seen as such because they score outrageous goals.

Technique as in more adept at playing in confined areas, yes, but not in other aspects.

Movements is not necessarily better, but just different. RVP has got a typical striker's movement, Henry's was unorthodox but just as effective or dangerous. Funny thing is, RVP is more of a striker than Henry was, but the general perception is quite the reverse.

Henry was faster, far more stronger(it's hard to believe RVP is over 6ft given how weak he's in the challenge), had a better weaker foot and a better footballing brain.

Henry used to consistently dominate games whilst RVP is mainly a goal scorer these days(forget the goals and watch his general play carefully).

Deluded F*ck™ wrote:RVP is just Zlatan 2.0 though - right down to the dodgy performances in the knockouts of WC/CL/Euros

Disagree here, Zlatan can be a creative genius. He's far more creative and better at shielding the ball and bringing others into play. Totally different IMO. One is a creative forward, the other a top quality striker(probably the best around).
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:49 pm

The Professor wrote:
    Disco Benny wrote:Didn't he also score a hat trick in Rome (V Roma), the San Siro (V Inter Milan) and the winner at the Bernabeu (V Madrid). Hardly lesser sides at that time, or at Highbury either.

Henry wasn't the greatest player to ever play in the EPL (as some would have you believe), however the most overrated player of all time he certainly wasn't. He was fucking good. RVP is better (but more injury prone). But definitely top 5 IMO

At what? Please don't mention passing and vision.

I wasn't going to, but now you mention it.... Laughing

Better technically than Henry - his first touch is is of a quality that only few other players can claim to match (Zlatan, Berbatov, Messi for example).

Premier League Fixtures 29/30 December 2012 - Page 7 IEG3IDZOry8Km

Henry was quicker, but RVP fashions more chances at a stand still pace, because he also is better off both feet and has more impressive ball control.

Premier League Fixtures 29/30 December 2012 - Page 7 1357055146742

Still, not as good as Klismann was though.... Razz Razz king
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Post by The Pröfessör Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:57 pm

Well u got it wrong Mr Klinsmann, see my reply to TS
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:04 pm

Surely the bit where you claim Henry was better with his weaker foot was a typo?? RVP is as two footed as they come - just see the 2 gif examples above. Yeh he scores more off his right, but he controls and plays off his left better than most left footed players manage to. Henry was far more one footed.

Here is the c**t scoring off his left against us last year:

The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Post by The Pröfessör Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:10 pm

A typo? RVP's right was pretty weak up to a few seasons ago, I remember seeing interviews of him saying he was working on it. I think it was in 2008/2009 that I 1st got the impression he could shoot with it. Henry's always had a strong weaker foot, but even he wasn't completely 2 footed like say Nedved.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Post by The Pröfessör Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:11 pm

Disco Benny wrote:Surely the bit where you claim Henry was better with his weaker foot was a typo?? RVP is as two footed as they come - just see the 2 gif examples above. Yeh he scores more off his right, but he controls and plays off his left better than most left footed players manage to. Henry was far more one footed.

He's left footed, I'd have u know Mr Klinsmann Wink
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:15 pm

The Professor wrote:
    Disco Benny wrote:Surely the bit where you claim Henry was better with his weaker foot was a typo?? RVP is as two footed as they come - just see the 2 gif examples above. Yeh he scores more off his right, but he controls and plays off his left better than most left footed players manage to. Henry was far more one footed.

You see, so good I can't even tell the difference Laughing

Klinsmann > Drogba >>> RVP >> Jamie Lambert = Chris Armstrong >> Henry
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:17 pm

To be fair to Chairwee, he weren't half bad in this game

The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Post by The Pröfessör Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:23 pm

Disco Benny wrote:To be fair to Chairwee, he weren't half bad in this game

Now u are talking sense Mr Pele(see I just upgraded u from Klinsmann to Pele Razz ) cheers cheers cheers
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Post by The Pröfessör Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:00 pm

Disco Benny wrote:
    The Professor wrote:

You see, so good I can't even tell the difference Laughing

Klinsmann > Drogba >>> RVP >> Jamie Lambert = Chris Armstrong >> Henry

To back up what I was saying Mr Pele, here are some from Legend Keown:

Watching the exquisite finish by Robin van Persie for his second goal against Norwich, one thing stood out: he had scored again with his right foot.

I was still at Arsenal when he joined in 2004 and although he was always a great talent, he was very left-footed.

Arsene Wenger has said he is the most left-footed player he has ever worked with so it is quite an achievement that he has scored 11 goals with his right in 2011 – the same as in his other seven years at the club combined.

Every time I’ve seen him lately, I’ve noticed that his right foot has improved and I’m delighted for him because I and other people at the club had encouraged him to use it more.

http://www.thegunninghawk.com/2011/11/22/keown-why-van-persies-right-foot-makes-life-so-hard-for-defenders/
    Brian2468

Number of posts : 4875
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Brian2468 Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:42 pm

Back the Professor here RVP has been more a target man where Henry brought more of the team into play and scored utilizing team mates and still had the skills like RVP to score individual goals. For me Henry owns RVP in this comparison. Cool

Now RVP is at Man U he will become a better player as they play more direct this suits Van Persie's style he should become Fey's god before not to long. cheers
    messiah
    messiah

Number of posts : 3084
    Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:17 pm

I dislike Henry as much as the next man, but rvp is not in his class, you can't become better than Henry off just a season and a half of top class footy, unless you are something really special which rvp is not. Excellent player though he is.
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:51 pm

The Professor wrote:
    Pierre Littbarski wrote:
    The Professor wrote:
    Pierre Littbarski wrote:
    The Professor wrote:Theo Shocked Shocked Shocked

Think we should order some humble pie folks, most of us on here should have some of it, with our great friend Pierre having the largest piece.

Are you fucking serious ?

He did well against Spurs when they played almost the whole game with ten.

He scores a hat-trick v a Newcastle side with James Perch at CB and this should make me eat humble pie ?!

He scored a hat-trick for England then did fuck all for years.

He did score 1 from his 7 shots v Reading mind you and I think that equals henry's best ever ratio in a CL season so I can understand why some have been making comparisons Coffee

Walcott doesn't have the attributes to play CF - if teams defend deep against you he is fucked.

A lot of talk about Fergie last few days - the one thing I love about that c**t is his refusal to allow player power - if ever had a player walk into his office and demand that he play in a different position he would be out and would end up playing for a club like Arsenal.

lol!

Why do u always do this to yourself Pierre?

Already forgotten what Torres put u through?

You could pick and choose the games all u like to suit your agenda, fact is, he's been very impressive for us this season to such an extent that even a 'hater' or huge scpetic like me can't do anything else but hold my hand up and say 'yes, I was wrong, he's actually developed into a very good footballer'. Why can't u do the same Pierre? You rather go through another Torres-like experience? Or the Henry experience when he came back last season and prove u wrong by showing that he could still cut it in the league after his legs are gone?

The fact that Henry was not clinical but still managed to scored as many goals as he did shows what a great footballer he was, he created chances for himself for fun. Now that he's lost that explosiveness he once had, he's now creating chances for others:

As u can see here in the Bergkamp role. What a player!

Have you just come out of a 2 year coma ?

So we should write off all he's done in his career just because he's struggling at Chelsea? If so, should we do the same for your man 'Sheva'?

For all the comedy moments Torres has provided us at Chelsea, he has still looked a footballer, we can't say the same for Mr Andrei Shevchenko, can we?

Coffee
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
    Supports : AC Milan
    Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:14 am

Blush
    Chris 23*
    Chris 23*

Number of posts : 3108
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Jamie Carragher, Danny Agger, Junior Hoilett, Javier Mascherano and Fernandez Suso
    Registration date : 2009-07-14

Post by Chris 23* Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:00 am

Shevchenko was an unbelievable player, he didn't just 'lose' it. Besides I think he made a goal line clearance on his last game for Chelsea which helped them secure the league! It was all worth it!
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Post by The Pröfessör Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:23 am

Pierre Littbarski wrote:
    The Professor wrote:
    Pierre Littbarski wrote:
    The Professor wrote:
    Pierre Littbarski wrote:
    The Professor wrote:Theo Shocked Shocked Shocked

Think we should order some humble pie folks, most of us on here should have some of it, with our great friend Pierre having the largest piece.

Are you fucking serious ?

He did well against Spurs when they played almost the whole game with ten.

He scores a hat-trick v a Newcastle side with James Perch at CB and this should make me eat humble pie ?!

He scored a hat-trick for England then did fuck all for years.

He did score 1 from his 7 shots v Reading mind you and I think that equals henry's best ever ratio in a CL season so I can understand why some have been making comparisons Coffee

Walcott doesn't have the attributes to play CF - if teams defend deep against you he is fucked.

A lot of talk about Fergie last few days - the one thing I love about that c**t is his refusal to allow player power - if ever had a player walk into his office and demand that he play in a different position he would be out and would end up playing for a club like Arsenal.

lol!

Why do u always do this to yourself Pierre?

Already forgotten what Torres put u through?

You could pick and choose the games all u like to suit your agenda, fact is, he's been very impressive for us this season to such an extent that even a 'hater' or huge scpetic like me can't do anything else but hold my hand up and say 'yes, I was wrong, he's actually developed into a very good footballer'. Why can't u do the same Pierre? You rather go through another Torres-like experience? Or the Henry experience when he came back last season and prove u wrong by showing that he could still cut it in the league after his legs are gone?

The fact that Henry was not clinical but still managed to scored as many goals as he did shows what a great footballer he was, he created chances for himself for fun. Now that he's lost that explosiveness he once had, he's now creating chances for others:

As u can see here in the Bergkamp role. What a player!

Have you just come out of a 2 year coma ?

So we should write off all he's done in his career just because he's struggling at Chelsea? If so, should we do the same for your man 'Sheva'?

For all the comedy moments Torres has provided us at Chelsea, he has still looked a footballer, we can't say the same for Mr Andrei Shevchenko, can we?

Coffee

Premier League Fixtures 29/30 December 2012 - Page 7 Article-2147073-132F21BE000005DC-233_468x360

Premier League Fixtures 29/30 December 2012 - Page 7 Article-2199243-02817802000004B0-699_468x437 Premier League Fixtures 29/30 December 2012 - Page 7 Article-0-042E0172000005DC-386_468x309

Coffee
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:01 pm

Paul Robinson's positioning on that Sheva goal was bad. Not saying it wasn't a brilliant strike, just that he was so far over on the near post that it gave Sheva the idea to hit it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:58 pm