Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
Owen Thomas
Kroos
Dwarf
Deluded F*ck™
Brian2468
Murray
mongrel hawk
Football Genius
Batman
Roger Hunt
110%
COTR
Tom
Puro
Allez les rouges
Deano
Stiftung Haeschentest
The Pröfessör
Tweesus
Fey
DD
Kimbo
SuperMario
christmasborocooper
DS
Isco Benny
Machiavel
Parks lives
Axeslammer
Ricardo Jol
34 posters

The real ORANJE-ENGLAND topic; before and after the game!

Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

The real ORANJE-ENGLAND topic; before and after the game! - Page 3 Empty Re: The real ORANJE-ENGLAND topic; before and after the game!

Post by Isco Benny Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:24 pm

Ballmädchen wrote:
    Axeslammer ! wrote:Can you imagine the amount of abuse we will be getting from Otto if secret agent 002 will score against us ?!

No worries, it won't happen... Wink

Yeah, you're right, Otto would love both Holland and England to lose if it were somehow possible!
    Stiftung Haeschentest
    Stiftung Haeschentest

Number of posts : 2314
    Supports : Deutschland
    Registration date : 2006-08-30

The real ORANJE-ENGLAND topic; before and after the game! - Page 3 Empty Re: The real ORANJE-ENGLAND topic; before and after the game!

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:25 pm

The Real White Pele wrote:
    Ballmädchen wrote:
    Axeslammer ! wrote:Can you imagine the amount of abuse we will be getting from Otto if secret agent 002 will score against us ?!

Yeah, you're right, Otto would love both Holland and England to lose if it were somehow possible!

hehe, yeah probably... Laughing
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deano Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:26 pm

England can hopefully get a win after that last performance against Croatia...What a disgraceful game that was to watch Doh *shudders*
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:04 pm

Hopefully SWP can play ,now that Lennon is out.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:08 pm

BilalShah wrote:Hopefully SWP can play ,now that Lennon is out.

SWP against Emanuelson ?! pale

I'm gonna put money on a huge England win Grr
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tweesus Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:32 pm

Ballmädchen wrote:

Cocky Razz

Depends which Rooney turns up, if you get him in similar form to on Saturday then theres no worries Wink

Bolton form though Yikes
    Stiftung Haeschentest
    Stiftung Haeschentest

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:43 pm

Tweedledum wrote:
    Ballmädchen wrote:

Cocky Razz

Depends which Rooney turns up, if you get him in similar form to on Saturday then theres no worries Wink

Bolton form though Yikes

I see. Rooney is then someone we call "Wundertüte" in Germany as you never know what you'll get... Laughing
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:44 pm

So, any predictions for this game?? I think a boring 2-0..
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:52 pm

Fey wrote:So, any predictions for this game?? I think a boring 2-0..

Biggrin To England you mean?
    Stiftung Haeschentest
    Stiftung Haeschentest

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:05 pm

The Real White Pele wrote:
    Fey wrote:So, any predictions for this game?? I think a boring 2-0..

Biggrin To England you mean?

Dream on, Pele!!! Wink

No, seriously. I think a 1-1 Sleep
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:08 pm

Yeah, the inevitability of this has driven even an English friend of mine to come and watch the Mannschaft instead (he has German connections to be fair...) ;-)
    Stiftung Haeschentest
    Stiftung Haeschentest

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:24 pm

Allez_les_rouges wrote:Yeah, the inevitability of this has driven even an English friend of mine to come and watch the Mannschaft instead (he has German connections to be fair...) ;-)

Your English friend just appreciates good entertaining football...

cheers
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:25 pm

Well, you just never know...

remember this from Vassell? Scored an amazing half volley last time the two nations played in Holland. Something similar this time around please...

The real ORANJE-ENGLAND topic; before and after the game! - Page 3 Vassell1c
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:27 pm

The Real White Pele wrote:Well, you just never know...

remember this from Vassell? Scored an amazing half volley last time the two nations played in Holland. Something similar this time around please...

Ye that was a boring draw as well. But this time we send our starplayer to spice things up a bit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WTv9Qylv7Q
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:35 pm

Fey wrote:
    The Real White Pele wrote:Well, you just never know...

Ye that was a boring draw as well. But this time we send our starplayer to spice things up a bit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WTv9Qylv7Q

Ha ha, very pretty, but what a bruiser! Kelly Smith gets felled in that video a fair few times from some very rash tackles!

We no longer have Erikkson as manager, so there is a glimmer of hope that this friendly wont be treated as a complete joke...
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:36 pm

Ballmädchen wrote:
    Allez_les_rouges wrote:Yeah, the inevitability of this has driven even an English friend of mine to come and watch the Mannschaft instead (he has German connections to be fair...) ;-)

cheers

Yup, I think he's bored of being bored, and as I've repeatedly asked him why deny himself the opportunity of having a good time while supporting his "second team" instead, he's finally caved in I think...

Smile Ale
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:38 pm

Ballmädchen wrote:

cheers

Ahh of course: the German National Team - well renowned for entertaining football.. Shocked lol!
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:39 pm

I've said this before and i will say it again.

Only 1 Ajax player is good enough to play for Oranje at this moment .. and his is 'supposedly' off from .. you've guessed it, Huntelaar

Sneijder - in the shadows of van der vaart, 'who everyone' considers is world class

Stekelenburg - good back up goalkeeper (for some strange reason, he has been on top form for the last couple of games ..)

Urby, Heitinga and Babel .. sadly not up to standard (put it this way, De Mul has a better chance of getting into the Dutch team than Babel in my eyes .. but Babel has time on his side.)

but I'm not van Basten
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:40 pm

you've obviously not watched much international football lately Pele, or have got the blindfolds on... sorry, mustn't be wound up!! Nice one...
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:40 pm

Well I hope this match will be rememebered as "the friendly that never was (a friendly)". Hope we have the same ref as with Portugal v Holland at the WC, some minor incident totally blown out of proportion early on in the match, nasty tackles, elbows, lots of cards, etc.

I really like Ricardo's suggestion of fielding as much AZ players as possible, otherwise I'ld go for

--------5 other players & a keeper--------
    -------CLARENCE--------VDV--------------
    Kuyt------------Huntelaar----------Robben
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:41 pm

rai Mihawk wrote:I've said this before and i will say it again.

Only 1 Ajax player is good enough to play for Oranje at this moment .. and his is 'supposedly' off from .. you've guessed it, Huntelaar

Sneijder - in the shadows of van der vaart, 'who everyone' considers is world class

Stekelenburg - good back up goalkeeper (for some strange reason, he has been on top form for the last couple of games ..)

Urby, Heitinga and Babel .. sadly not up to standard (put it this way, De Mul has a better chance of getting into the Dutch team than Babel in my eyes .. but Babel has time on his side.)

but I'm not van Basten

Look at that video Rai, she should have played DM during the WC not MIDGET Cool Nobody would get past her....
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:43 pm

Fey wrote:
    rai Mihawk wrote:I've said this before and i will say it again.

but I'm not van Basten

Look at that video Rai, she should have played DM during the WC not MIDGET Cool Nobody would get past her....

Saw the video, give me time to wipe my mouth ..

I think she would have scored plenty of solo goals ..
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:43 pm

Allez_les_rouges wrote:you've obviously not watched much international football lately Pele, or have got the blindfolds on... sorry, mustn't be wound up!! Nice one...

Ha ha -reeled you in!

Yeah of course Germany are entertaining.

After Euro 2004, 2002, 2000, its not hard to beat the usual sleep inducing dross we've come to expect from the Mannschaft Biggrin

(Dont rise to it!)
    Stiftung Haeschentest
    Stiftung Haeschentest

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:46 pm

Allez_les_rouges wrote:
    Ballmädchen wrote:

cheers

Yup, I think he's bored of being bored, and as I've repeatedly asked him why deny himself the opportunity of having a good time while supporting his "second team" instead, he's finally caved in I think...

Smile Ale

Problem is, looking at the squad selection or what's left of it, I'm not sure whether we'll see a good game against Cyprus...at least this time... Rolling Eyes
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:48 pm

If only England disliked Holland as much as Argentina, then we could expect a corker:

[url] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2rx3aObdb8 [/url]

Sigh, the last really decent friendly I've seen
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:11 pm

Who the hell has been calling VDV World Class? Grr

Sacrelige!!!!
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Post by Ricardo Jol Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:13 pm

Axeslammer ! wrote:
    borocooper wrote:christ....this is turning to a pointless game

It already was...now it's just getting ridiculous.

I wonder who Van Basten will call up to replace Van Persie, Ruud or Roy ? Whistle

It would be good if Ruud returns but I guess he'll go for Koevermans which is not bad either...

koevermans is the future and more useful than Huntelaar at the moment.

BTW van Persie is ahuge blow for us. He is our best player!
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:37 pm

ricardojol wrote:Dutch squad:

Goalkeepers: Henk Timmer (Feyenoord), Maarten Stekelenburg (Ajax).

Defenders: Urby Emanuelson (Ajax), Kew Jaliens (AZ Alkmaar), Joris Mathijsen (Hamburg), Andre Ooijer (Blackburn Rovers), De Cler (AZ Alkmaar), Khalid Boulahrouz (Chelsea).

Midfielders: Clarence Seedorf (Milan), Stijn Schaars (AZ Alkmaar), Denny Landzaat (Wigan Athletic), Rafael van der Vaart (Hamburg), Hedwiges Maduro (Ajax), David Mendes da Silva (AZ Alkmaar), Evander Sno (Celtic)

Forwards: Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Ajax), Robin van Persie (Arsenal) Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool), Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink (Celtic), Arjen Robben (Chelsea)

WOW! pure class throughout. Perú can only dream nowadays to field such a talented team, and so would England. Hype aside, England don't come close to Holland in talent.

Yo Ricardo, our late 70's early 80's team would've beaten this talented Dutch team. However, nowadays we have no chance against your team. Awesome team you have! <Ale>
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:42 pm

RVP did well yesterday btw dutchies ok

2 assists, hes beginning to look settled into the new set up at last
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:47 pm

Puro wrote:
    ricardojol wrote:Dutch squad:

Goalkeepers: Henk Timmer (Feyenoord), Maarten Stekelenburg (Ajax).

Defenders: Urby Emanuelson (Ajax), Kew Jaliens (AZ Alkmaar), Joris Mathijsen (Hamburg), Andre Ooijer (Blackburn Rovers), De Cler (AZ Alkmaar), Khalid Boulahrouz (Chelsea).

Midfielders: Clarence Seedorf (Milan), Stijn Schaars (AZ Alkmaar), Denny Landzaat (Wigan Athletic), Rafael van der Vaart (Hamburg), Hedwiges Maduro (Ajax), David Mendes da Silva (AZ Alkmaar), Evander Sno (Celtic)

Forwards: Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Ajax), Robin van Persie (Arsenal) Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool), Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink (Celtic), Arjen Robben (Chelsea)

WOW! pure class throughout. Perú can only dream nowadays to field such a talented team, and so would England. Hype aside, England don't come close to Holland in talent.

You're kidding right? scratch

We easily come close to that talent, esp with our first team, granted Holland probably have a much greater depth than us though.

Our problem at present is'nt our personnel, its the frigging manager.

Players like Neville, Rio, King, Terry, Cole, Bridge, Lennon, Gerrard, lampard, Hargreaves, Cole, Lennon, Rooney, Crouch etc are all top class players!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:46 pm