Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Kroos
pauloduarte
The-Frank-Tavern
Tweesus
Nightwing
9 posters

EXCLUSIVE - Senna AND Torres to sign for Man Utd next week!

Nightwing
    Nightwing

Number of posts : 4563
    Supports : Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : The Red Wiz (C.Ronaldo)
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

EXCLUSIVE - Senna AND Torres to sign for Man Utd next week! Empty EXCLUSIVE - Senna AND Torres to sign for Man Utd next week!

Post by Nightwing Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:10 am

6 August 2006
    SENNA'S SET FOR UNITED

MANCHESTER United will this week complete the £3.5million signing of Villarreal midfielder Marcos Senna before turning their attention to Fernando Torres.

Atletico Madrid want around £28m for striker Torres but United will remain patient as they bid to lower the price

-----------------------------------

Told you! Told you! Told you!!!
    Huraaaaah! Huraaaaaah!!!

Torres will be a redblood after all!!!
    Fighting Fighting Fighting Fighting Fighting Fighting Fighting Fighting
    Nightwing
    Nightwing

EXCLUSIVE - Senna AND Torres to sign for Man Utd next week! Empty Re: EXCLUSIVE - Senna AND Torres to sign for Man Utd next week!

Post by Nightwing Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:11 am

http://www.atfreeforum.com/europeanboard/viewtopic.php?t=542&highlight=&mforum=europeanboard Sheep
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

EXCLUSIVE - Senna AND Torres to sign for Man Utd next week! Empty Re: EXCLUSIVE - Senna AND Torres to sign for Man Utd next week!

Post by Tweesus Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:46 am

Ridiculous!

A) Torres is crap

b) He is worth £15m max

c) He won't fit into your team

-------------------------------

All = worst signing of the century! Yikes
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:54 am

and this is getting v boring n18wng, please GIVE UP. Hows the signing of Carrick turning out?
    pauloduarte
    pauloduarte

Number of posts : 186
    Supports : Sport Lisboa e Benfica

Post by pauloduarte Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:18 am

Tweedledum wrote:Ridiculous!

A) Torres is crap

b) He is worth £15m max

c) He won't fit into your team

-------------------------------

All = worst signing of the century! Yikes

Hi Tweedle,

Just some remarks regarding your comments:

If A is correct how can B be also? i.e. If he is crap how can he be worth 15M? Surely a crap player is worth £1M max???

Sorry being pedantic!

I dont think he his crap at all, and disagree wholeheartdly with the comment he wont fit into Man U's team. I actually think he is the ideal player to be alongside Rooney and Ronaldo. They (all three) are fast players that counter attack very well. They just need another winger on the other side as fast as the three and they will have a fantastic counter-attacking team.

I think that is the problem ManU fans will have to get use to. They are not going to be bossing teams anymore they will wait to be attack and then go after them!

Also If Carrick is worth £18M, then surely Torres is worth double that!?!

Carrick is not a Man Utd caliber player! Is not even English International Material in my humble opinion (but that is just me!!)
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:24 am

@ Paulo

By crap, i meant crap for the price being quoted. He clearly is a very good player but he isn't a player that is either World Class or verging on World Class - a fee of £25m would hint at this.

Regarding Torres fitting into the Man Utd system - him and rooney are incredibly similar plays, occupying similat areas of the pitch, making similar runs.

Utd don't need anothee Rooney - they either need someone that is strong and powerful and has the ability to head the ball - they have this in Saha, or they need a predator.

Torres is neother of these things, he is another Rooney, Tevez is the same and neither of them would work for Man Utd.

Saha and Rooney has proved to be the perfect partnership for them - a player that likes to occupy the gap between midfield and defence with a pleyr that likes to run the line and can handle having the ball played high up to him.

In the EPL Torres wouldn't be much of a succes IMO - he goes down far too easily and drifts out of games far too often
    pauloduarte
    pauloduarte

Number of posts : 186
    Supports : Sport Lisboa e Benfica

Post by pauloduarte Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:32 am

I disagree. I reckon Torres and Rooney could complement each other very well. In fact you mention Rooney and Saha linking up well. Now Torres is more like Saha then Nistelrooy and, I dont think it is coincidence that Nistelrooy's influence in the team decline since Rooney started playing!

I'm not saying that that is the only reason that Nistelrooy stopped scoring (clearly no Beckam and Giggs crossing all the time contributed to it as well) but I think it is one of the main ones.

I reckon Torres would be a success in the EPL. If it was a few years ago I would have said Arsenal would be the team for him, but Utd today, I think, it suits Torres.

Saha would be the third striker to come one when they need or when Rooney is suspended!
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:41 am

@ paulo

Saha is totally different IMO to torres, for a start he is 6'3''.

He also has amazing spring on him - he is one of the best players at holding up the ball in the country, the perfect striker partner if you will and he is the antithesis of selfish, selfless in fact.

Torres's strength is ball to fett running at defenders at pace - admittedly this would happen a lot playing for United, but agaisnt shrewd defences, he would have no luck - this is why Saha is so useful.

Re RVN-Rooney - RVN still managed to score 22 goals in the league last season - a very high total - he has been doing worse recently IMO because of his loss of pace in tandem with the loss of Beckham.

Rooney has no blame for this, in fact he was a huge assist provdier to RVN last season - he was the 3rd highest assister in the EPL!
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:10 pm

2 totally overhyped players, dont really makes manu stronger
    Nightwing
    Nightwing

Post by Nightwing Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:51 pm

Phew! Computers were down at work today all fooking day...!!!!

But i am BACK home now and lets talk about Torres coming to United...!
    (Missus is shouting supper is ready - will read the thread and come back in 5-20 mins!)

How are ya fellas!!!
    Nightwing
    Nightwing

Post by Nightwing Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:28 pm

Whistle
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:30 pm

What do you wanna talk about N18WNG?

I really think Fergie may start the season and see how we fare and then if we need someone he will get them just before the market closes.

He has alot of faith in Saha, Rossi and Ole.

A midfielder maybe all we bring in.
    Nightwing
    Nightwing

Post by Nightwing Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:32 pm

just want to see us but Torree
    s thats all.
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:33 pm

What if we don't buy a striker and just get in a midfielder?
    Nightwing
    Nightwing

Post by Nightwing Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:36 pm

And a MF is fine too!!! maybe De Rossi...
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:38 pm

N18WNG wrote:And a MF is fine too!!! maybe De Rossi...

No, I'm saying what if we didn't buy a striker, i.e. Torres and just got a midfielder like Senna.
    Nightwing
    Nightwing

Post by Nightwing Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:40 pm

Dont know Senna - so i just want us to buy Torres and A N Other MF!
    poiuy1

Number of posts : 2654

Post by poiuy1 Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:22 am

Tweedledum wrote:@ paulo

Saha is totally different IMO to torres, for a start he is 6'3''.

He also has amazing spring on him - he is one of the best players at holding up the ball in the country, the perfect striker partner if you will and he is the antithesis of selfish, selfless in fact.

Torres's strength is ball to fett running at defenders at pace - admittedly this would happen a lot playing for United, but agaisnt shrewd defences, he would have no luck - this is why Saha is so useful.

Re RVN-Rooney - RVN still managed to score 22 goals in the league last season - a very high total - he has been doing worse recently IMO because of his loss of pace in tandem with the loss of Beckham.

Rooney has no blame for this, in fact he was a huge assist provdier to RVN last season - he was the 3rd highest assister in the EPL!

No he isn't Saha is 6 ft near enough exactly (i walked by him at woking train station Wink

Torres is more like 6ft 2/3
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:25 am

torres is 6´1"

saha is 5´11"
    poiuy1

Post by poiuy1 Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:27 am

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2006380161,00.html

by the way Nutters your worst dreams have come true Hargreaves and Carrick when we could have got Torres El Nino redblood ay? Wink Whistle
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson

Post by The Easter Bunny Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:03 am

yes hargreaves is coming to england
    Dick Grayson
    Dick Grayson

Number of posts : 5265
    Supports : AC Milan, RM and MU (82-09)
    Favourite Player : DB7 Becks CR7 TRW
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Dick Grayson Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:46 am

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:torres is 6´1"

saha is 5´11"

Frank met them via his mate - in a pub in Highbury(!) Laughing Wink jocolor
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:48 am

saha is 5´11"

Saha is 6' 1"
    poiuy1

Post by poiuy1 Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:48 am

saha is 5´11"

Cheers for clearing that when i walked by him i was surprised by how short he was he's maybe the same height if a little shorter then me and i'm 5' 11"/6ft

torres looks a lot taller then 6' 1" though maybe it's just his hair
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:53 am

Sir Parks Lives wrote:

saha is 5´11"

Saha is 6' 1"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Saha

where i got it from
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson

Post by The Easter Bunny Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:59 am

http://www.premierleague.com/fapl.rac?command=forwardOnly&nextPage=enPlayerProfile&playerId=47850

stop bickering he's 1.75 metres
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:01 pm

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:
    Sir Parks Lives wrote:

saha is 5´11"

Saha is 6' 1"

where i got it from

I got it from BBC.

There is no way he is 5 ' 11.
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:11 pm

1 we aint bickering, just saying where i got it, it may be worng but 1.75m is defo wrong thats way to short 5´9"
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:14 pm

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:1 we aint bickering, just saying where i got it, it may be worng but 1.75m is defo wrong thats way to short 5´9"

I agree there, there's no way he is 5'9. Thats virtually Rooney's height.

You could be right on the 5 '11 thing though. Look at this -

EXCLUSIVE - Senna AND Torres to sign for Man Utd next week! United_br_d_30830a

Ruud was 6'3 and he's towering over him.
    poiuy1

Post by poiuy1 Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:16 pm

Sir Parks Lives wrote:
    The-Frank-Tavern wrote:
    Sir Parks Lives wrote:

saha is 5´11"

Saha is 6' 1"

where i got it from

I got it from BBC.

There is no way he is 5 ' 11.

Seriously i have walked by him, he is about my height if a little shorter and i'm almost 6'ft

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:13 pm