Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
fcb
Napoléon
La Saeta Rubia
Deano
mongrel hawk
Machiavel
Barrilete
11 posters

Argentina's squad for game against France

Barrilete
    Barrilete

Number of posts : 2336
    Supports : Club Atlético Boca Juniors
    Favourite Player : Maxi Lopez, aka, TWD (The White Drogba)
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Argentina's squad for game against France Empty Argentina's squad for game against France

Post by Barrilete Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:46 pm

Well Basile has given the list to face France on February the 7th. It's only formed by the european based players since the mob bloodsucking bastard who is vice president of FIFA and presides our FA has sold our national team to the russian petrol-money only wants players that euro viewers already know. Due to some injuries(Maxi Rodriguez, Messi, etc) and some players who aren't playing right now(Mascherano, Demichelis) and some who have gone missing(Gonzalo Rodriguez ?)

GK: Roberto Abbondanzieri (Getafe, España), y Leonardo Franco (Atlético Madrid, España).

Defenders: Roberto Ayala (Valencia, España), Gabriel Milito (Zaragoza, España), Nicolás Burdisso (Internazionale, Italia), Gabriel Heinze (Manchester United, Inglaterra), Javier Zanetti (Internazionale, Italia), Fabricio Fuentes(Villarreal, España), Rodolfo Arruabarrena( affraid ) (Villarrreal, España).

Mid fielders: Fernando Gago (Real Madrid, España), Aldo Duscher (Deportivo La Coruña, España), Esteban Cambiasso (Internazionale, Italia), Luis González (Porto, Portugal), Leandro Somoza (Villarreal, España), Pablo Aimar (Zaragoza, España), Jonás Gutiérrez (Mallorca, España).

Forwards: Javier Saviola (Barcelona, España), Sergio Agüero (Atlético Madrid, España), Diego Milito (Zaragoza, España) Hernán Crespo (Internazionale, Italia) y Lisandro López (Porto, Portugal).

Tevez, Messi, Sorín, Zabaleta y Maxi Rodriguez injured.Zannetti returns to the national team(if Basile is looking for a fullback which I have no doubt he is, then he's fucked up, Zanetti is old he can't cope with that...he even played as an 8 at Inter for christ sake!). Fernando Gago gets called for the first time

Surprises: Jonás Gutiérrez(those who have been watching Mallorca know he's been doing quite well) and Aldo Duscher returns(someone has to kick the hell out of the opposite players)

Our team for 2010 is still growing in Spain(Aguero, Messi, Zabaleta, Gago, Higuain, Garay...) and Argentina(Beluschi, Palacio...) so in the meantime we'll have to hold on to some veterans and hope for the best.

I say 2-0 France
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Argentina's squad for game against France Empty Re: Argentina's squad for game against France

Post by Machiavel Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:53 pm

Where is Mascherano?

EDIT: he don't play for his club, so i should not expect him to play for his country.

And Higuain is now definite a Argentinian player.

Good to see Heinze back .. is he best as a CB or LB?
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Argentina's squad for game against France Empty Re: Argentina's squad for game against France

Post by mongrel hawk Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:00 pm

I can't believe you sold your national team out. absurd.

anyway, I hope you beat them. Argentina has been crap lately. there's a long time since tyou last beat a big team. it's time to show you are still a superpower, I think, and hope.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:03 pm

we need to fucking play Mascherano FFS
    La Saeta Rubia
    La Saeta Rubia

Number of posts : 5244
    Supports : Real Madrid

Post by La Saeta Rubia Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:09 pm

I believe this is Gago`s first call up right ?

Also a bit strange Duscher being called up, and is Somoza even playing Villarreal ? I don't think he is, could be wrong though.
    Napoléon
    Napoléon

Number of posts : 1170
    Supports : Les Bleus - Marseille

Post by Napoléon Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:19 pm

Higuain chose Argentina, but he need time before getting the argentinian nationality.

I say 0-0
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:19 pm

Gonzalo Rodriguez got a season-ending knee ligament injury. Otherwise if him and Pires stayed fit Villarreal would probably have done slightly better.
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Number of posts : 7180
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:32 pm

Isn't that team almost devoid of creativity? Only Aimar is really a creative player in that squad. It would be a great shame to see Argentina reduced to defensive machine football.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:36 pm

I think the injuries to Messi, Maxi, Tevez, etc. are a big blow. What happened to the talk of a Veron return?
    [/img]
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Post by Barrilete Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:59 pm

kas wrote:I think the injuries to Messi, Maxi, Tevez, etc. are a big blow. What happened to the talk of a Veron return?
    [/img]

@ Ole, don't worry Basile will die with a 1-4-3-1-2 formation with a clear playmaker attacking fullbacks and all, even if he doesn't have the players for it, that's what he'll play

I don't think he would be called. Besides he plays in Argentina and Basile and the AFA have arranged not to interrupt the pre season of Argentinian clubs, that's why no Palacio, no Gago until now and no Belluschi(expect a lot from this one)

Now has any of you ppl seen Jonas Gutierrez at Mallorca? I've watched him a few times and it seems to me he's more of athlete than anything else, meaning trying to compensate technique with physical display, not exactly the kind of player you want for facing a big team
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:07 pm

Speaking of Palacio, when's Boca's next game? I want to watch him play.
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Post by Barrilete Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:10 pm

right now we have the summer pre season tournaments going on(which I doubt youget over there) and with the new coach and new players it'll be tough to watch Palacio, but if you do catch him the team has been playing so badly since Basile left that it will be hard to be impressed
    DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC

Post by DD Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:14 pm

@Barrilete

Who would you put as the first names on the team sheet?

I'd put Crespo in as the first name.
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Post by Barrilete Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:26 pm

team sheet as in the most talented of the ones called?

Aguero no doubt about it...far far away in second I'd put Gago

Crespo is for sure the one who doesn't have to prove anything though. He has performed everywhere he has played...It's sad that he was contemporary with Batistuta...he was overlooked for too long
    Rez

Number of posts : 3757
    Registration date : 2006-10-06

Post by Rez Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:26 pm

The argentina squad doent look as impressive as it used to, lots of small players and no real playmakers. I remember when you had Riquelme, Veron and Aimar (when he was good) all fighting for the same spot.
    L r d

Post by L r d Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:45 pm

- - - Gonzalez - Gago - Cambiasso
    - - - - - - - - - - Aimar
    - - -Crespo/Milito - Kun/Saviola

It's not like it's a weak-side either is it. There's still plenty of creativity there.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:49 pm

Higuain,Kun,Messi,Tevez,Saviola,Palacio.

Who do you think of these 6 will make up the fornt 2 for the next couple of years.

i would presonally Like to see a 4-2-3-1 with Higuain up fornt and Kun.Messi and Tevez behind up.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:12 pm

Rez wrote:The argentina squad doent look as impressive as it used to, lots of small players and no real playmakers. I remember when you had Riquelme, Veron and Aimar (when he was good) all fighting for the same spot.
    i gues you havent seen aimar this season

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:28 am