Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+37
The Pröfessör
messiah
bluenine
Super Progress
Brian 2468
Christ on a Bike
Hlebagone
Rosicky
Cleetus
Antarion
shazlx
Puro
BoBo Vieri 32
TheCrazy58
S4P
Luis
debaser
COTR
Allez les rouges
Di Caniooooo!
Pierre Littbarski
NeoChap
christmasborocooper
Fey
mongrel hawk
Deluded F*ck™
Brian2468
Murray
The Chosen Glenn
Kimbo
Jaime
Romford Pele
Ä
blutgraetsche
Kroos
Isco Benny
110%
41 posters

The Next England Squad

110%

Number of posts : 8978
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

The Next England Squad Empty The Next England Squad

Post by 110% Thu May 30, 2013 3:11 pm

Clearly Beckham is the right man for England. He has experience of playing and winning in different leagues. Not sure he knows anything about management, but he's got some nice suits that make him look like a continental style manager.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

The Next England Squad Empty Re: The Next England Squad

Post by Isco Benny Thu May 30, 2013 4:19 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:He may go overboard as always but Kroos actually has a point - England struggle against teams they are supposed to break down, there is a lack of creativity and fluidity. This is actually along the lines of what Pierre has been saying for years, so hardly anything new.

Yes, it has been an issue for years, and yet bar 2008 we qualify for every tournament. Hence why the hyperbole CAPS statement is lost on me personally.

Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Thu May 30, 2013 5:39 pm

Disco Benny wrote:
    blutgraetsche wrote:He may go overboard as always but Kroos actually has a point - England struggle against teams they are supposed to break down, there is a lack of creativity and fluidity. This is actually along the lines of what Pierre has been saying for years, so hardly anything new.

Yes, it has been an issue for years, and yet bar 2008 we qualify for every tournament. Hence why the hyperbole CAPS statement is lost on me personally.

your only argument is "we always qualify" (btw you don`t) but this is by far the worst english side that i can remember, not just on individuals, also on tactics

and i think thats a pretty tough group, ukraine, poland and montenegro are no pushovers

i see england struggling in all 3 home games, and when you look at the previous home games (ukraine) where you scrapped a lousy point, i would be worried

Last edited by Kroos on Thu May 30, 2013 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Thu May 30, 2013 5:41 pm

110% wrote:
    Kroos wrote:in the last 4 WC qualifiers, england has 3 home games, thats an UTTER disadvantage for them

they don`t have the quality to break down teams at home, and the away team will only wait and see what england is capable to do, and hit them on the break

i fully expect NO ENGLAND at the WC2014

Very Happy

It's a good spin but I would be more worried for England if Ukraine or Poland were above them. Respect to Montenegro for doing well so far, there's a big question mark over whether they can sustain it.

really? and i thought they were for a reason group leader, i don`t think that they will start to struggle
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Thu May 30, 2013 6:31 pm

Mongrel Hawk wrote:
    It may be from the past, but it's not the German I know since my childhood in the 80s.

Did you know that Brazil played in white in the past? White shirt and blue shorts until the WC in Brazil in 1950. The yellow came only in the mid 50s. Black and white TV does´t help, I know. Yellow and white look quite the same.

What I meant is that the DFB gave up the red kit and went back to the traditional green kit for Euro 2012. We'll likely have a green kit as our second kit in Brazil next year, too.

I didn't know that Brazil played in white. White and blue is actually pretty neat, too. Also like the blue Italian kit.
    Ä
    Ä

Number of posts : 11028
    Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä Thu May 30, 2013 7:57 pm

Mongrel Hawk wrote:
    blutgraetsche wrote:I meant Kimbo actually. todo actually believes that the yellow shirt gives Brazil a 'psychological advantage'...

And Germany in red are ridiculous! Should be always white or green. <Ale>

But Germany has certainly the most beautiful international kit. Same as Corinthians. White shirt, black shorts, white socks. ok

green is hideous for Germany

NEVER again

the white shirt is alright, but as always some are a lot better than others

my favourite is still the 96 one

for some reason, the less classic 1990 one is also a good one

France and Italy are always good

the BEST though

is

obviously

Argentina

followed by PERU

<Ale>
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu May 30, 2013 9:55 pm

Looks like the Brazil - England friendly will be suspended for safety reasons.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/468/internationals/2013/05/30/4015014/breaking-news-england-friendly-against-brazil-facing?source=breakingnews&ICID=HP_BN_1

Will the Maracana be ready next year?
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Fri May 31, 2013 8:15 am

The game is on Neutral Drama
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Fri May 31, 2013 9:47 am

Stupid goal.com. Then let's hope that the roof won't fall down due to a hoofball going wrong... Wink
    110%

Post by 110% Fri May 31, 2013 12:20 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Stupid goal.com. Then let's hope that the roof won't fall down due to a hoofball going wrong... Wink

I thought it was called vertically passing now?
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Fri May 31, 2013 12:25 pm

On the ground. Aiming for the stars is still named hoofing. Ale

To be honest, England should go back to kick and rush because the continental approach has hardly been successful for them. They'd probably surprise everyone and be quite successful with it, too, as nobody else plays like that.
    110%

Post by 110% Fri May 31, 2013 12:39 pm

Kroos wrote:
    110% wrote:
    Kroos wrote:in the last 4 WC qualifiers, england has 3 home games, thats an UTTER disadvantage for them

they don`t have the quality to break down teams at home, and the away team will only wait and see what england is capable to do, and hit them on the break

i fully expect NO ENGLAND at the WC2014

Very Happy

It's a good spin but I would be more worried for England if Ukraine or Poland were above them. Respect to Montenegro for doing well so far, there's a big question mark over whether they can sustain it.

really? and i thought they were for a reason group leader, i don`t think that they will start to struggle

They have done amazingly well for a new country with 600,000 population and playing in a stadium with 12,000 capacity. But they have over achieved, while Ukraine, England and Poland have underperformed. However now their opponents will know them better, so they have lost the surprise element. They have a game against the Ukraine coming up so let's see how they do. Draw or win and they could well finish in the top 2, but if they lose the group can change dramatically within 1 or 2 rounds.
    110%

Post by 110% Fri May 31, 2013 12:41 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:On the ground. Aiming for the stars is still named hoofing. Ale

To be honest, England should go back to kick and rush because the continental approach has hardly been successful for them. They'd probably surprise everyone and be quite successful with it, too, as nobody else plays like that.

So vertical passing never happens off the ground? I am pretty sure even xavi chips it every now and then

Isn't the "rush" part of "kick and rush" it was now called "pressing"
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Fri May 31, 2013 12:54 pm

Haha..... 'rush' and pressing have as much in common as orcs storming a castle and a coordinated siege.

Besides, Xavi / Barcelona are not exactly the best example for a vertical team. But sure, there is nothing wrong with a well timed long ball now and then, as it can surprise a high line of defence. The difference to the good old kick'n'rush times however is that the long ball these days isn't the main weapon in the arsenal, just one of many. It's a way to move past a congested midfield, while in the kick'n'rush days, there was no 'midfield battle' to begin with.

I seriously think that England should consider going back to their own roots. They need to create their very own style of play, not try to just copy others, but rather create something that is in line with their own football tradition. That's the beauty of football really, different styles and different approaches.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Fri May 31, 2013 5:39 pm

There are plenty of national teams that play kick and rush. USA are actually one of the very worst at it infact.

To call kick and rush the cultural traditional style of England is obviously German trolling at it's very best.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Fri May 31, 2013 5:45 pm

Not trolling actually, at least not intentionally. Just put "traditional english football style" into Google and click on the fourth link, or rather the first Wikipedia article.

Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Fri May 31, 2013 7:10 pm

If you google 'typical german football' you also get descriptions such as 'efficient' and 'boring'. Hardly the blueprint for your current success (albeit 17 years and counting)

Englands traits are playing direct and physical. Not the same as hoofball. People who actually remember england from the 50s and 60s do not describe them as a long ball team. There is a reason why Stoke are a maligned these days. You're being a very patronising German Blut if you honestly believe Englands best hope is to mirror it's worst sides in history which indeed played long ball (a hopeless variant on REAL values of quick forward playing football).
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Fri May 31, 2013 7:56 pm

Disco Benny wrote:If you google 'typical german football' you also get descriptions such as 'efficient' and 'boring'. Hardly the blueprint for your current success (albeit 17 years and counting)

Englands traits are playing direct and physical. Not the same as hoofball. People who actually remember england from the 50s and 60s do not describe them as a long ball team. There is a reason why Stoke are a maligned these days. You're being a very patronising German Blut if you honestly believe Englands best hope is to mirror it's worst sides in history which indeed played long ball (a hopeless variant on REAL values of quick forward playing football).

And this is how the teams that reached the semis of the WC in 1990 and Euro 1996 played. ok
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:20 pm

England are pap.
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:25 pm

is jones really playing in the right midfield?

it`s like bertrand in the cl final Laughing
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:34 pm

oh its a 4-3-3
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:35 pm

Neymar's going to be a bench player at Barca.
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:39 pm

Kimbo wrote:Neymar's going to be a bench player at Barca.

really, so bad?

everytime i switch to brasil-england, i see that brasil has the ball and hart is on the ground Very Happy
    The Chosen Glenn
    The Chosen Glenn

Number of posts : 3795
    Registration date : 2012-03-22

Post by The Chosen Glenn Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:42 pm

when Ashley Cole broke into the England squad, left back was THE problem position. Now it's the only position England have any quality or depth.

It just goes to show, 12 years is a long time in football.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:43 pm

Kroos wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:Neymar's going to be a bench player at Barca.

really, so bad?

everytime i switch to brasil-england, i see that brasil has the ball and hart on the ground Very Happy

He's not horrible, just wasteful, I could see him getting in Messi's way aswell. For some reason he takes Brazil's set pieces even though though he doesn't seem to be that good at them. I think he has supahstar syndrome.
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245

Post by Murray Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:54 pm

German own goal v USA

USA 2-0 ALE by hoyno25

lol!
    Brian2468

Number of posts : 4875

Post by Brian2468 Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:54 pm

What can you say after the first 45 other than Brazil are all over us and they are lacking penetration skills.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:03 pm

That half was for those who doubt just how valuable Danny Welbeck is to us.

Been saying it for years, especially in the days of Heskey & Crouch, that we need/needed these guys because our defenders and midfielders cannot pass with any consistency, so we need a CF who can win the percentage balls and move us higher up the pitch.

Brazil have been taking the piss. Should be about three to the good. Oscar is clearly the standout of their attacking forces. Should build the team around him and not Neymar.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians

Post by mongrel hawk Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:04 pm

England is parking the bus against a team that never played together FFS. Shots on goal: 15-2.

I disagree with the poster above. Neymar has been the best player so far. Daniel Alves has been horrible as ever. But yeh, Brazil should have been more accurate in attack.

For a team that only play a couple of frindles in a long time and that is testing a new formation, Brazil are doing alright.

mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians

Post by mongrel hawk Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:06 pm

Brian2468 wrote:What can you say after the first 45 other than Brazil are all over us and they are lacking penetration skills.

It's difficult to penetrate when you've got 11 big, pinkish Englishmen inside the box. It's like trying to fuck a virgin with a hymen of steel.

Last edited by Mongrel Hawk on Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:19 pm