Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
youonlycametooseeeboue
Owen Thomas
DS
forza_rossi
Parks lives
Axeslammer
Batman
Rez
debaser
Sir Harry Flashman
The Pröfessör
Kimbo
COTR
Tweesus
GR
19 posters

Liverpool Vs United (MIDFIELD)

Saintsar

Liverpool Vs United (MIDFIELD) - Page 4 Empty Re: Liverpool Vs United (MIDFIELD)

Post by Saintsar Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:14 pm

Great thread this one - so much bollocks, so many contradictions, so much hype and anti-hype, so many club affiliations spilling over into nonsense.

And I'd like to point out it has nothing to do with Arsenal, for once.
    Luis

Liverpool Vs United (MIDFIELD) - Page 4 Empty Re: Liverpool Vs United (MIDFIELD)

Post by Luis Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:14 pm

Saintsarama MBE wrote:Great thread this one - so much bollocks, so many contradictions, so much hype and anti-hype, so many club affiliations spilling over into nonsense.

My idea was to comapre the two midfields, not to get into why United will win the league
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:15 pm

COTR wrote:@ TRWP.

sure.... you could create a theory to discredit almost anything in football. there are a few examples when united have won without him of course but many many more when he has been the main difference.

it's clear vidic, evra, scholes have been some of united's stand out players this season, but without ronaldo they probably would not be winning the league. it's not bitter, it's not jealously and it's not even criticism as some may like to believe.

he is united's player and we are pointing out the main difference in the midfields as the thread suggests. that difference is ronaldo.

'Zactly.

I'm merely pointing out that Scholes hasn't been very special, like some on here would have you believe, on top of what CotR says.

LRD,

What was your excuse for us beating Barca midweek? "Barca were shit" or some tripe to that effect. Simply apply the exact same excuse towards our performance for your win at Old Trafford ok
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:16 pm

Saintsarama MBE wrote:

They'd be top of the league if Henry had been fit all season.

*sits back and watches*
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Machiavel Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:16 pm

So Liverpool were shit against Manchester United?
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:16 pm

Yep barca were shit and gifted you the game by mistakes. We dominated the whole match and it should of been more than 2-0. while barca missed etoo, you missed who? we missed ronaldo <Ale>
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:20 pm

L r d wrote:Yep barca were shit and gifted you the game by mistakes. We dominated the whole match and it should of been more than 2-0. while barca missed etoo, you missed who? we missed ronaldo <Ale>

Agger.

At the time we'd only conceded a single goal domestically with him in the side.

Boohoo.

Fairly sure Bellamy was unavailable too and he's been great in our away games.
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:21 pm

L r d wrote:Yep barca were shit and gifted you the game by mistakes. We dominated the whole match and it should of been more than 2-0. while barca missed etoo, you missed who? we missed ronaldo <Ale>
    so in other words

it's one rule when it suits you and another when it doesn't

got it ok
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:23 pm

Obispo wrote:

sure.... you could create a theory to discredit almost anything in football. there are a few examples when united have won without him of course but many many more when he has been the main difference.

it's clear vidic, evra, scholes have been some of united's stand out players this season, but without ronaldo they probably would not be winning the league. it's not bitter, it's not jealously and it's not even criticism as some may like to believe.

he is united's player and we are pointing out the main difference in the midfields as the thread suggests. that difference is ronaldo.

'Zactly.

I'm merely pointing out that Scholes hasn't been very special, like some on here would have you believe, on top of what CotR says.

LRD,

What was your excuse for us beating Barca midweek? "Barca were shit" or some tripe to that effect. Simply apply the exact same excuse towards our performance for your win at Old Trafford ok

He's been consistently better than any Liverpool midefielder this season, and in the Premiership only Ronaldo, Drogba, Essien can be deemed to have had a better season. You'll never agree, but its the stonewall truth, for I am the oracle of all footballing knowledge <Ale>
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:25 pm

The oracle wouldn't support the Spuds.
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:25 pm

The reality is liverpool have a bunch of average players and a few that are top class. in the top class area the only area where they can challenge man utd is gerrard alonso sissoko. but in this area man utd have carrick scholes who have both been great so that almost cancels that huge area out. the result is man utd top liverpool nowhere <Ale>
    Luis

Post by Luis Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:26 pm

L r d wrote:The reality is liverpool have a bunch of average players and a few that are top class. in the top class area the only area where they can challenge man utd is gerrard alonso sissoko. but in this area man utd have carrick scholes who have both been great so that almost cancels that huge area out. the result is man utd top liverpool nowhere <Ale>

Who is average from our starting line up?
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:27 pm

Luis wrote:
    L r d wrote:The reality is liverpool have a bunch of average players and a few that are top class. in the top class area the only area where they can challenge man utd is gerrard alonso sissoko. but in this area man utd have carrick scholes who have both been great so that almost cancels that huge area out. the result is man utd top liverpool nowhere <Ale>

All of them bar alonso and gerrard. maybe alightly above average slightly below but on the whole all of them.
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:27 pm

Don't bother Luis. Leave LRD be to prepare for his parole hearing.
    Luis

Post by Luis Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:28 pm

L r d wrote:
    Luis wrote:

All of them bar alonso and gerrard. maybe alightly above average slightly below but on the whole all of them.

Kuyt is average? Sissoko is average?, Carragher is average?

do you watch football l r d?
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:29 pm

Obispo wrote:The oracle wouldn't support the Spuds.

Alan Sugar would disagree with u
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:29 pm

ill say it again

what did you expect when you started the thread luis?

Lrd has just taken it to new depths
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:31 pm

WUMs WUMs everywhere. You're all as bad as each other Laughing
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:33 pm

I think it's reality, swap benitez for houllier and that team is where it was when he was here. pennant bellamy crouch garcia carragher finnan riise win a title with this team you are having a laugh.
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Football Genius Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:34 pm

Obispo wrote:

'Zactly.

LRD,

I don't know what you expect from Paul Scholes week in week out, whether goals or assists.

If you just watch his passing,movement and vision this season he has been a joy to watch this season, he truely add's an extra dimension to Utd's midfield.

Fabulous player, still the best english midfielder bar none.
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:41 pm

You can get a bulletproof vest from ebay fg ok
    Kevin

Post by Kevin Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:42 pm

Why? Is LRD planning a drive by?
    Owen Thomas
    Owen Thomas

Number of posts : 3874
    Supports : Manchester United F.C
    Favourite Player : Q.A Guy..

Post by Owen Thomas Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:42 pm

I am finding this whole argument ludicrous. It's as if you people want us to apologize for having one of the best players in the league. Just what do you think being the best team is, if not having the best players?

Ludicrous. And the funny thing is, my fellow fans are coming over all defensive. Yes, Ronaldo has been our best player this season and is one of the biggest reasons we are top. So what? Liverpool rely just as much on Gerrard as we do Ronaldo and Chelsea rely on Terry too.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
    Luis

Post by Luis Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:43 pm

Owen Thomas wrote:I am finding this whole argument ludicrous. It's as if you people want us to apologize for having one of the best players in the league. Just what do you think being the best team is, if not having the best players?

Ludicrous. And the funny thing is, my fellow fans are coming over all defensive. Yes, Ronaldo has been our best player this season and is one of the biggest reasons we are top. So what? Liverpool rely just as much on Gerrard as we do Ronaldo and Chelsea rely on Terry too.

Note: I disagreed with Obi and COTR and actually backed United
    Owen Thomas
    Owen Thomas

Post by Owen Thomas Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:46 pm

Luis wrote:
    Owen Thomas wrote:I am finding this whole argument ludicrous. It's as if you people want us to apologize for having one of the best players in the league. Just what do you think being the best team is, if not having the best players?

Note: I disagreed with Obi and COTR and actually backed United

There's a first for everything Luis Very Happy ok
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:49 pm

Liverpool have good players

Kuyt, Alonso, Gerrard, Carragher, Riise, Bellamy (he has scored in the EPL before he joined Liverpool, forget his public image on the pitch counts), Reina, Momo (the guy who harassed and dominated Ballack in the Community Shield) etc .. Gerrard being the one close to being 'World Class'.

Before the start of the season; i had Liverpool to be Chelsea's no1 challengers .. because of their signings and their finish of last season and beating Chelsea in the Community Shield (maybe i should never judge a team on one game..)

lets be honest; Manchester United sold RVN (questions were raised; would Man United sign a replacement, instead SAF had faith in Louis Saha .. who showed what a good player he is and then brought in Larsson on loan) and signed Carrick (even though he is a good, potential class player .. United missed out on Hargreaves .. Carrick is a play-maker not a defensive midfielder) to be fair Carrick has been a good addition, next season with Hargreaves maybe he can be pushed to the next level and not have 'too' much defensive burdens on his back .. he has had two notable good games (v Liverpool and v Chelsea at home) OK Obispo says he was average against Liverpool, against Chelsea i would disagree.

I never expected; Scholes and Giggs to have the impact they have done, but these two are LEGENDS and i should have never doubted them. Vidic and Rio to have a good partnership (signs where their at the end of last season ..).

and Ronaldo .. the 'guy' who everyone hated (apart from Manchester United fans) and 'nearly' left, to perform like he has, and hes 'relationship' with Rooney, everyone (especially to Shearer has ended) .. this was dismissed against Fulham on the 1st day of the season.

the real question is: why are they (Liverpool) not challenging Chelsea this season?

Have Liverpool had that many injuries, at one point in this season Manchester United were missing Park and Giggs .. but both recovered quickly .. SAF has highlighted that Manchester United must not have 'many' injuries to have a sustainable challenge for the Premiership.

The press did blame some 'defeats' and dropped points on Rafa's rotations.. so consistency?

Last edited by on Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:51 pm

Obispo wrote:
    Saintsarama MBE wrote:

They'd be top of the league if Henry had been fit all season.

*sits back and watches*

Ah, I'm not in the mood today. I'm more concerned with making myself several different accounts here to, ahem, sway a certain vote.
    Luis

Post by Luis Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:52 pm

I don't think we've had too many injuries, the thing this season was that no one knows what team we will play, with United you can predict almost every game who will be playing midfield and who will be playing up front, for Liverpool you can not do this, left mid espeically no one can predict, I do agree that if you are competing in a lot of competitions you need to use rotation, but you still need a starting 11, we haven't quite got that yet and so the players haven't all clicked
    Owen Thomas
    Owen Thomas

Post by Owen Thomas Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:53 pm

Luis wrote:I don't think we've had too many injuries, the thing this season was that no one knows what team we will play, with United you can predict almost every game who will be playing midfield and who will be playing up front, for Liverpool you can not do this, left mid espeically no one can predict, I do agree that if you are competing in a lot of competitions you need to use rotation, but you still need a starting 11, we haven't quite got that yet and so the players haven't all clicked

rotation. Very Happy ok
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:53 pm

Rai Krol wrote:
    the real question is: why are they (Liverpool) not challenging Chelsea this season?

Have Liverpool had that many injuries, at one point in this season Manchester United were missing Park and Giggs .. but both recovered quickly .. SAF has highlighted that Manchester United must not have 'many' injuries to have a sustainable challenge for the Premiership.

The press did blame some 'defeats' and dropped points on Rafa's rotations.. so consistency?

Park was out for about three months...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 2:38 am