Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+28
The Pröfessör
Lard
Batman
Tweesus
Parks lives
Kimbo
Super Progress
Oleguerisntthatbad
lrdsucksgoats
Puro
Luis
Rosicky
fcb
blutgraetsche
110%
robert
Machiavel
Romford Pele
Ä
Rasiak-9
Axeslammer
Sgoater1
Rez
COTR
TM
Cesc Soler
Fey
DD
32 posters

Big four look for striker

Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Big four look for striker - Page 2 Empty Re: Big four look for striker

Post by Machiavel Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:20 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
    Klose in normal form could help any of the so called "top four" clubs.

Even Chelsea ?
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:22 pm

Yes, because he and Drogba (or Sheva) would work well as a partnership. Klose could create a ton of chances, not just score goals.

In this respect, the Pizarro transfer actually makes a lot of sense, because he is similar. Pizarro might surprise a lot of people next season, provided Mourinho gives him a real chance, and he gets used to the new league fast.

Last edited by on Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:23 pm

Are you defending the Pole Blue? Last news I heard about him, is that he is going to backstab Bremen by demanding a move to the Babarians! <Ale> Biggrin
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:23 pm

otto hat Euch alle lieb wrote:
    Fey wrote:Otto Barca wird niemals Deutsch werden! Verstanden? Biggrin

fey

imagine Barca under Schuster

the club would combine Catalan efficiency with German flair

cheers

target

why is that Klose has scored more goals at World Cups than Ruud , Adriano and Owen combined

now Fack off yourself

pirat

Laughing

I think you need to swap efficiency and flair in that sentence.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:24 pm

btw, attention big 4 - Atletico have slumped in the last few games of the season and barring a win next week coupled with a Villarreal loss, they will miss out on the Uefa cup next year. This means that Torres is 99% certain to move this summer. Could spark a bit of a merry go round if he stays in Spain - if Valencia sign him, for example, then Villa *could* be available.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:24 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Yes, because he and Drogba (or Sheva) would work well as a partnership. Klose could create a ton of chances, not just score goals.

In this respect, the Pizarro transfer actually makes a lot of sense, because he is similar. Pizarro might surprise a lot of people next season, provided Mourinho gives him a real chance, and he gets used to the new league fast.

Interesting

What about Manchester United , could he be that link up man with Wayne Rooney ?
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:25 pm

Fey wrote:Are you defending the Pole Blue? Last news I heard about him, is that he is going to backstab Bremen by demanding a move to the Babarians! <Ale> Biggrin

I want him to leave, no doubt, but not because I question his footballing ability, but his character. It would be idiotic to question his ability just because he pisses you off.
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:26 pm

kas wrote:btw, attention big 4 - Atletico have slumped in the last few games of the season and barring a win next week coupled with a Villarreal loss, they will miss out on the Uefa cup next year. This means that Torres is 99% certain to move this summer. Could spark a bit of a merry go round if he stays in Spain - if Valencia sign him, for example, then Villa *could* be available.

yeah was in all the papers today

"Atletico Madrid will spark a transfer scramble among Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham next week when they say striker Fernando Torres can leave"
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:31 pm

If Villa had the choice in England I'm certain he would pick Liverpool, because of the Spanish links and the fact that we've shown the most interest in England.
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:31 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Well, if you consider that Berbatov is a superstar in the Prem now, Berbatov never was such a dominant figure in the Bundesliga like Klose was in his best season (despite playing for a very attacking team also), and clubs like Manu willing to break the bank for him now, it actually makes you think. Must be the insular mentality. Very Happy

Berbatov is probably the most overrated player in the EPL, scored a total of 1 goal against the teams in the top half of the table. Just about all his goals have come against weak opposition. Reminds me of another player, scored 3 of his 5 world cup 2002 goals against Saudi Arabia.

Manu are clearly not breaking the bank for him as they didn't even make an offer. Carrick was not for sale either but was sold for the right offer. No offer was ever made for berbatov. Let's see how he does in his 2nd season.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:32 pm

mihawkavelli wrote:
    Interesting

He would fit perfectly in an attacking team that needs a striker not just for scoring goals, but for link up play also. That's why Bayern want him so much, they'll play a double pivot system with two creative wing players, and need a striker with Klose's abilities, because Toni (or Makaay and even Podolski) is more of a natural goal scorer type.

And since most big clubs don't play with a true number 10 these days, strikers with similar abilities like Klose will become more important in future.
    Luis
    Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:32 pm

110% wrote:
    blutgraetsche wrote:Well, if you consider that Berbatov is a superstar in the Prem now, Berbatov never was such a dominant figure in the Bundesliga like Klose was in his best season (despite playing for a very attacking team also), and clubs like Manu willing to break the bank for him now, it actually makes you think. Must be the insular mentality. Very Happy

Berbatov is probably the most overrated player in the EPL, scored a total of 1 goal against the teams in the top half of the table. Just about all his goals have come against weak opposition. Reminds me of another player, scored 3 of his 5 world cup 2002 goals against Saudi Arabia.

Manu are clearly not breaking the bank for him as they didn't even make an offer. Carrick was not for sale either but was sold for the right offer. No offer was ever made for berbatov. Let's see how he does in his 2nd season.

He's not in the slightest bit over-rated, it's not just goals, his all round play is sublime.
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:34 pm

COTR wrote:I like this bit

Jose Mourinho appears to have long given up on Andrei Shevchenko recapturing his AC Milan form, whilst recent signing Claudio Pizarro from Bayern Munich, some would say, seems no more than a signing of convenience. Smile

lol! The author is awful totally clueless in his football appreciation. He comes straight from the Gray-Motson school of sports journalism. I'm sure he was quoting them in his Mourinho comment. lol! <Ale>
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:38 pm

Luis wrote:
    110% wrote:

He's not in the slightest bit over-rated, it's not just goals, his all round play is sublime.

he is flavour of the month at the minute because of his nice first touch Wink but 110 % does have a point about him against the better teams.

he still has a long way to go before proving that he is worthy of the hype he is currently getting

as for the polish plumber, I wouldn't say no to him going to liverpool but obviously hopefully rafa aims a lot higher Laughing
    COTR
    COTR

Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:39 pm

Puro wrote:
    COTR wrote:I like this bit

Jose Mourinho appears to have long given up on Andrei Shevchenko recapturing his AC Milan form, whilst recent signing Claudio Pizarro from Bayern Munich, some would say, seems no more than a signing of convenience. Smile

lol! The author is awful totally clueless in his football appreciation. He comes straight from the Gray-Motson school of sports journalism. I'm sure he was quoting them in his Mourinho comment. lol! <Ale>

cheers cheers cheers

glad you enjoyed it puro
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:46 pm

Luis wrote:
    110% wrote:

McCarthy has been better, so has Anelka. And of course drogba is far better.

He has a nice touch and does a few flicks and tricks but he's slow. He has scored some great goals but I don't hardly remember him doing a thing against the bigger teams. His whole reputataion is based on him looking stlyish not actually scoring goals.
    DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC

Post by DD Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:48 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
    mihawkavelli wrote:
    Interesting

He would fit perfectly in an attacking team that needs a striker not just for scoring goals, but for link up play also. That's why Bayern want him so much, they'll play a double pivot system with two creative wing players, and need a striker with Klose's abilities, because Toni (or Makaay and even Podolski) is more of a natural goal scorer type.

And since most big clubs don't play with a true number 10 these days, strikers with similar abilities like Klose will become more important in future.
    ok Ale

Klose and Ruud aren't similar at all.

I'd even go as far as saying that Klose is more a Rafa style player.

He'd fit with all of the big 4. Only United need more of a #9 though.

Last edited by on Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:48 pm

McCarthy and Drogba have been the only strikers better than him this season IMO
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Number of posts : 9523
    Supports : Decentralisation of the state
    Favourite Player : The lesser spotted Ronaldo
    Registration date : 2007-02-25

Post by lrdsucksgoats Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:51 pm

110% wrote:
    He has a nice touch and does a few flicks and tricks but he's slow. He has scored some great goals but I don't hardly remember him doing a thing against the bigger teams. His whole reputataion is based on him looking stlyish not actually scoring goals.

Where've I heard this before?

Thierry Henry?
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Post by Rosicky Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:51 pm

Luis wrote:McCarthy and Drogba have been the only strikers better than him this season IMO

Berbatov
    33 games 12 goals

RVP
    21 games 11 goals and 7 assists.
    DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC

Post by DD Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:52 pm

Rosicky wrote:
    Luis wrote:McCarthy and Drogba have been the only strikers better than him this season IMO

Berbatov
    33 games 12 goals

RVP
    21 games 11 goals and 7 assists. And looking good while doing it.
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:52 pm

Suzie Quatro wrote:
    110% wrote:

Thierry Henry?

lol! lol! lol!

someone fetch henry's goal record to save saints some embarrassment here

Last edited by on Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Rez

Number of posts : 3757
    Registration date : 2006-10-06

Post by Rez Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:53 pm

I can see why people think Berbs is overrated and his goal scoring record against the top sides is pretty suspect. But he scored against Chelsea in the Fa cup at the bridge and got an assist as well.

I personally think he is a wonderful player and his all round game is brilliant. I would love to have him at united and I would choose him over all the other strikers in the prem*

*Henry is a better player, but I couldnt stand watching him shrug his shoulders in a united shirt. Drogba is also better than him, but he lacks the finese and technique of dracula. We would have to play power football with Drogs, but with berbs we would play beautiful football
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
    Supports : Arsenal FC
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Cesc Soler Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:54 pm

Waste of time.

The fact he is the third all time leading goalscorer in Premiership history should surely mean something.
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Post by Rosicky Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:55 pm

COTR wrote:
    Suzie Quatro wrote:
    110% wrote:

Thierry Henry?

lol! lol! lol!

someone fetch henry's goal record to save saints some embaressment here

with pleasure:

1999-00 31 17
    2000-01 35 17
    2001-02 33 24
    2002-03 37 24
    2003-04 37 30
    2004-05 32 25
    2005-06 32 27
    2006-07 17 10

even this season he only scored 2 goals less, depsite playing half the amount of games berbatov did.
    Rez

Number of posts : 3757
    Registration date : 2006-10-06

Post by Rez Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:00 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
    mihawkavelli wrote:
    Interesting

If we signed Klose, it would mean liking one of ottos love children and we dont want to be put in that situation.

Can you imagine the Premiership board filled with threads from Otto about how rooney is jealous of Klose and doesnt pass to him and if Klose sets up Rooney; that the prinz is carrying Rooney and making him look good.

No ones mentioned Klose as a possible united signing, although his performances this seaon havent been spectacular.
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Post by lrdsucksgoats Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:00 pm

COTR wrote:
    Suzie Quatro wrote:
    110% wrote:

Thierry Henry?

lol! lol! lol!

Someone fetch Henry's semi-final and final goalscoring record to save COTR some embarrassment here. How about his goalscoring record against Man U and Liverpool over the years?

Last edited by on Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Post by lrdsucksgoats Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:02 pm

Cesc wrote:Waste of time.

The fact he is the third all time leading goalscorer in Premiership history should surely mean something.

It means he's the French Andy Cole - a good player no doubt, but never in a million years part of the elite.
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Post by Rosicky Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:02 pm

Suzie Quatro wrote:
    COTR wrote:
    Suzie Quatro wrote:
    110% wrote:

Thierry Henry?

lol! lol! lol!

Someone fetch Henry's semi-final and final goalscoring record to save COTR some embarrassment here. How about his goalscoring record against Arsenal and Liverpool over the years?

your right on this one i dont think he has ever scored a goal against arsenal. lol!
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:04 pm

Suzie Quatro wrote:
    COTR wrote:
    Suzie Quatro wrote:
    110% wrote:

Thierry Henry?

lol! lol! lol!

Someone fetch Henry's semi-final and final goalscoring record to save COTR some embarrassment here. How about his goalscoring record against Arsenal and Liverpool over the years?

I very much doubt he has scored many against arsenal saints. call it a hunch Wink

He is probably the one player that has caused liverpool the most trouble over the years, well apart from john o'shea that is

henry's goal scoring record is SPECTACULAR Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:35 am