Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Deano
Luis
Di Caniooooo!
7 posters

Oh bollocks, Liverpool close to Benayoun deal

Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
    Supports : West Ham
    Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Oh bollocks, Liverpool close to Benayoun deal Empty Oh bollocks, Liverpool close to Benayoun deal

Post by Di Caniooooo! Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:02 pm

Liverpool close to Benayoun deal
    Yossi Benayoun
    Benayoun has been at West Ham for two seasons
    Midfielder Yossi Benayoun is set to seal a summer switch to Liverpool, BBC Sport understands.

The West Ham playmaker and Israel international has long been linked with a move to Anfield and a £4m transfer will be finalised on Wednesday.

Reds manager Rafael Benitez has made no secret of his admiration for the 25-year-old who he has been tracking since the end of the season.

"It's clear he'd like to come and he's a player I like," said the Spaniard.

Benayoun, Israel's national captain, moved to Upton Park from Racing Santander in a £2.5m deal in 2005.

He has played 72 games for the Hammers and scored eight goals.

The clubs have already done business this summer with striker Craig Bellamy moving to the capital from Merseyside in a £7.5m deal.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Oh bollocks, Liverpool close to Benayoun deal Empty Re: Oh bollocks, Liverpool close to Benayoun deal

Post by Luis Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:04 pm

You dont let us have Tevez or Niell, we take Benayoun and Masch Twisted Evil
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Oh bollocks, Liverpool close to Benayoun deal Empty Re: Oh bollocks, Liverpool close to Benayoun deal

Post by Deano Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:04 pm

Oh well...apparently he was moaning in training because we hadn't accepted their first bid...and has been disruptive since coming back for Pre-Season.

Hope the ugly c**t has a horrible season.
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:04 pm

We are discussing in the thread Liverpool to sign 2 players.
    Di Caniooooo!

Post by Di Caniooooo! Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:10 pm

I'm starting to have a distaste for liverpool haha, but I'll stick with hating spurs
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:19 pm

If only Arsenal could sign a load of decent players and win the league. That way I'd be happy.
    Di Caniooooo!

Post by Di Caniooooo! Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:37 pm

Or as long as the gunners keep playing well against spurs and we keep doubling up on them I'll be happy
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:38 pm

My 06/07 away shirt has Benayoun 15 on it. Was my favourite player...and it's a nasty feeling that he has lied to us fans and treated us like this.
    Di Caniooooo!

Post by Di Caniooooo! Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:43 pm

Yeah I've always been a fan of his, you can tell who my favorite player has been for a while now haha, but with him going and if Tevez leaves I think my new favorite will be Neill or Ashton.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:47 pm

Di Canio=my all time favourite player. We have NEVER replaced him and will be lucky if we will.
    Luis
    Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:52 pm

Guys, I can understand your annoyance about this deal, because if Garcia had said he was staying and he loved the club etc and then moved to Atletico I'd be very pissed off and let down.

At the end of the day though, things change so quickly in football, and these days it's all about 2 things, money and the chance to play at the highest possible level, dont forget Liverpoolwere CL finalists, that means a lot to some players, A lot of players will be tempted to move to a club after they have just reached a major final and of course Liverpool's future looks brighter than ever.

I agree Benayoun shouldn't have said he was staying and all that, however its easy to say that in hindsight, because at that time maybe he didn't know Liverpool would come knocking for him.
    Di Caniooooo!

Post by Di Caniooooo! Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:18 pm

Bah we still hate liverpool Razz

Post by Guest Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:20 pm

Deano...West Ham could become our feeder club! Your best players like Benajew and Masch come to us, and our failures like Bellamy can go to you!

Very Happy
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:22 pm

Do not mess with Rafa.

Oh bollocks, Liverpool close to Benayoun deal Rafa_209343
    Lard
    Lard

Number of posts : 3822
    Registration date : 2007-03-31

Post by Lard Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:23 pm

Crouching Tiger wrote:Deano...West Ham could become our feeder club! Your best players like Benajew and Masch come to us, and our failures like Bellamy can go to you!

Very Happy

Shocked Run for your life crouching Biggrin
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:25 pm

Crouching Tiger wrote:Deano...West Ham could become our feeder club! Your best players like Benajew and Masch come to us, and our failures like Bellamy can go to you!

Very Happy

May 100 crabs appear on your girlfriends genitalia.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:29 pm

Oooh Oh and also, as West Ham are now officially our feeder club, have you noticed that you gave us Mascherano for free for 18 months, and benayoun for only £4mill...Also you payed us £7.5mill for Bellamy when he only cost us 6!

It makes me warm inside to know that our feeder club must truly love us.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:31 pm

We got screwed over Torres and maybe Babel, its about time we bit back!

Post by Guest Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:37 pm

Maybe we could loan you some of our youth team players Deano, you know, for experience.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:41 pm

I'm surprised you know who your youth players are...
    You know, we actually produce talent every season...Benitez steals yougsters from, Hungary, Poland and Argentina for his.

Producing ok

Post by Guest Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:46 pm

Rafael Nadal wrote:I'm surprised you know who your youth players are...
    You know, we actually produce talent every season...Benitez steals yougsters from, Hungary, Poland and Argentina for his.

Producing ok

You forgot Spain, and England. In fact, if any of your youth players you produce have sufficient talent, I'm sure West Ham will have no problems selling to us, the club they love.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:49 pm

Na...the talent we produce only go to title challenging teams like Chelsea and Man Utd.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:50 pm

Well, Tottenham anyway.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:51 pm

Crouching Tiger wrote:Well, Tottenham anyway.

Defoe could end up back with us...
    Carrick plays for Man Utd...
    Kanoute we didn't produce...

Check where Ferdinand, Johnson, Joe Cole and Lampard are ok

Post by Guest Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:55 pm

Rafael Nadal wrote:
    Crouching Tiger wrote:Well, Tottenham anyway.

Defoe could end up back with us...
    Carrick plays for Man Utd...
    Kanoute we didn't produce...

Check where Ferdinand, Johnson, Joe Cole and Lampard are ok

Darn, you're not our feeder club then...

I'm trying to wind you up by the way. I think I'm failing. Sad
    Di Caniooooo!

Post by Di Caniooooo! Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:00 am

Our team is going to look so different next year aside from Green, Ferdinand and Ashton gaw
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Sgoater1 Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:00 am

£4m !...Fucking hell someone arrest Rafa cos thats robbery !
    Di Caniooooo!

Post by Di Caniooooo! Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:35 am

yeah thats what I was thinking, he's a hell of a lot better than that
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115

Post by Roger Hunt Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:03 am

Yeah but Bellamy was worth more than £7.5m.

I reckon £8.5m for Bellamy and £5m for Benayoun would have been about right, and it's the same net cost for both sides.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:29 am