Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Bolton sign Alonso !

Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Bolton sign Alonso ! Empty Bolton sign Alonso !

Post by Sgoater1 Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:14 am

Mikel Alonso (Xabi's brother) on loan for the season. Ive been very surprised by Bolton's signings so far this summer. Under Big Sam they brought in the likes of Anelka, Campo, Diouf etc yet despite having qualified for the UEFA Cup their new signings have been a little less high profile .....Cid, McCann, Samuel, Alonso and Guthrie. Im not trying ot put Sammy Lee down cos i really like the guy but i just dont understand the type of signings they have made.

I have some mates that are Bolton fans and they are really worried by the signings and i can see why. I dont think there is any chance they will go down but i cant see them pushing for a top 6 spot with the squad they have.
    theflyingfrenchman
    theflyingfrenchman

Number of posts : 4290
    Supports : BWFC, France, Rennes, Auxerre, Lorient
    Favourite Player : Diouf, Anelka, Diagne-Faye, Henry, Toulalan
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Bolton sign Alonso ! Empty Re: Bolton sign Alonso !

Post by theflyingfrenchman Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:04 pm

Well you know Goater, that's exactly what we were thinking going into last season, and then BSA bought Anelka two games into the new season.

But I'm not sure Alonso is the player we need, I was hoping we might have bought Seydou Keita, but he's gone to Seville. We need a new RB, and a star midfielder.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tweesus Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:08 pm

No offence to Sammy Lee, or Bolton fans, but I have serious reservations about Sammy's ability to manage.

There's no doubting his ability as a cpach but I can't imagien him being particularly shrewd in the transfer market (compared to Big Sam) and I can't imagine him having as good man management skills as Sam did
    theflyingfrenchman
    theflyingfrenchman

Number of posts : 4290
    Supports : BWFC, France, Rennes, Auxerre, Lorient
    Favourite Player : Diouf, Anelka, Diagne-Faye, Henry, Toulalan
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by theflyingfrenchman Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:13 pm

Tweedle wrote:No offence to Sammy Lee, or Bolton fans, but I have serious reservations about Sammy's ability to manage.

There's no doubting his ability as a cpach but I can't imagien him being particularly shrewd in the transfer market (compared to Big Sam) and I can't imagine him having as good man management skills as Sam did

We'll see, I hope he'll be good enough. Hopefully Sam will have shown him his tricks, and he'll try and sign BSA's targets.
    DeLux
    DeLux

Number of posts : 4399
    Supports : Celta Vigo
    Favourite Player : Mostovoi, Xavi, David Silva, Valerón, Raúl
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by DeLux Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:27 pm

The signings aren't that bad. I rate McCann as a DM, and whilst Mikel isn't as good as Xabi he'd make a good replacement for Idan Tal.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:25 pm